Questions & Mysteries A question that's been hunting me about the Skypiea arc.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hi guys🙂

This is going to be somewhat of a long post, so please forgive me for any inconvenience but I want to be completely honest.

I asked this question on a lot of forums, and still didn't get an answer. In fact, if you searched for this question on google chances are the poster is me. And I also asked people that watch One Piece as well but I'm still looking for answers. And this question is one of the main reasons why I joined this forum. And I'm not doing this because of any malicious intent, I genuinely don't know the answer.

Now, the last time I posted this question was before the Episode of Skypiea special, and I'm still in the begging of the Donquixote Doflamingo arc. and I am on a long break from One Piece so I lost in touch with the series. I also had my PC formatted a while back, so I lost all of the links to the posts that had this question, so I decided to ask the question again.

In the Skypiea arc in the One Piece anime series, Enel, who is the main antagonist of that arc, says he's "god", is that true?

And if so, does he mean he’s A god, like Thor from the Marvel comic book franchise or does he mean he’s THE God, the one one that Muslims and Christians pray to?

And did any of the Straw Hat Pirates believed him?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Enel even used the argument that "god" is what people call what they are afraid of, so it's clear that he himself didn't take the title seriously, and just used to title to mean he was very powerful and superior to others.

If I remember correctly, in the end of Skypiea, the people living in it actually prayed to the true omnipotent God, wishing for Enel to be defeated.

The term "god" (神) is also used in many other situations in the series, but it's almost always to refer to a very powerful creature in a place, and never to the omnipotent and omnipresent one.

The characters seem a lot more to be referring to God when they talk about the will of Heaven (天).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
There is only one God and that is me. Enel had a title like president or ruler of land or population.

• Haha
Reactions: Rej
Top Bottom