Island Conomi Islands

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Conomi Islands
Conomi Islands is an archipelago located in the northwestern region of the East Blue. Containing at least twenty different communities, the Conomi Islands appear to be largely agricultural, with several plantations of rice and oranges. The Marine 16th Branch appears to have jurisdiction over this region, although other branches like the 77th Branch can also act here if necessary. The World Government has kept a watchful eye on the island since the Arlong Pirates were defeated.

Notable Locations
  1. Arlong Park
  2. Cocoyasi Village
  3. Gosa Village

Note: Conomi Islands is currently a territory of the World Government.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

ARLONG PARK

General Overview
Arlong Park is built on the coastline, near the ocean, east of Cocoyasi Village, where the pool on the outside was linked to the outer seas, for Sea Monsters to go in and out of, with a pair of steel gates that kept it closed. The building itself was modeled after the main building in Sabaody Park and contained two notable rooms. It was a sarcastic homage to Saboday Park and the fishmen slave-trade.
  1. Arlong Plaza
  2. Weapon Room
  3. Map Room

Current Story
Since Arlong's "downfall" at the hands of Marine Sharrrib, Captain Nezumi has claimed Arlong Park as a port for his corrupt dealings. Nezumi is secretly working with Arlong to restore the fishman to power and once again benefit from Arlongs pirating activities. Arlong is currently amassing Sea Beasts to grow in power.

Arlong Park Inhabitants

"Saw Tooth" Arlong
  • $20,000,000 bounty
  • Level 40
  • Stat Specialties: Strength & Durability

Momoo "Sea Cow"
  • Level 35
  • Stat Specialties: Strength

Arlong Pirates (x10)
  • Level 20
  • Stat Specialties: Balanced

Captain Nezumi (16th Branch)
  • Level 25

Marines (x20)
  • Level 10

[IMG]

Kuroobi

[IMG]

Chew

[IMG]

Hatchan

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

COCOYASHI VILLAGE

General Overview
Cocoyasi Village is a fairly tropical place located in the seaside of Conomi Islands, with palm trees, tangerine groves and rice fields. It is located to the west of Gosa Village. There is a simple wooden dock for ships, a doctor clinic, and a bookstore. Cocoyashi the village on Conomi Islands where Nami, as well as her sister, Nojiko, grew up with Bell-mère. The village is also the closest place to Arlong Park.
  1. Village Plaza
  2. Mikan Grove
  3. Bellemere's Grave

Current Story
Since Arlong's "downfall" at the hands of Marine Sharrrib, Cocoyashi Village has enjoyed relative peace. As of late, however, pirates following the folklore of "Cat Burglar" Nami have taken to visit the village. Bounty Hunters Johnny and Yosaku are their only line of defense.

Cocoyashi Village Inhabitants

Johnny
  • Level 20

Yosaku
  • Level 20
  • Stat Specialties: Vitality

Genzo
  • Level 15

Nojiko
  • Level 10
  • Stat Specialty: Balanced

Nako
  • Level 0
  • Medicine Items can be bought from Nako at a 25% discount

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

GOSA VILLAGE

General Overview
The Gosa Village was a village near Cocoyasi Village in the region of the Conomi Islands. It was a tropical place located in the seaside of Conomi Islands, mainly agricultural. It was one of the hubs of Conomi Islands before the Arlong Pirates destroyed the village.
  1. Village Plaza
  2. Destroyed Docks

Current Story
Since Arlong's "downfall" at the hands of Marine Sharrrib, Gosa Village has been desolate. There has been no attempt at reconstructing the village at the hands of the Marines, believing it not to produce any worth. The Sun Pirates, at the behest of Jimbe, have made landfall in Gosa Village in search of Arlong, to rectify their mistakes and rid their brother of the hate. They gaze in horror upon the destruction their failure to rein in Arlong created.

Gosa Village Inhabitants

Aladine
  • Level 40
  • Stat Specialties: Strength & Movement Speed

Wadatsumi
  • Level 50
  • Stat Specialties: Strength & CoA Defensive

Charlotte Praline
  • Level 40
  • Stat Specialties: Reaction Speed & Observation Haki

Sun Pirates (x7)
  • Level 20

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hard Mode Story
After the New Fishman Pirates were defeated by the World Government, a small surviving faction seized the last Energy Steroids and made their way to East Blue. They found Arlong on the Conomi Islands, in need of power. The New Fishman Pirates provided Arlong with Energy Steroids, granting him the strength he needed to conquer all of East Blue, becoming the new captain of the New Fishman Pirates. In pursuit of the New Fishman Pirates, The Knight of the Sea Jimbe has arrived in Conomi Islands.

Hard Mode NPCS

"Saw Tooth" Arlong
  • $20,000,000 bounty
  • Level 80
  • Stat Specialties: Strength & Durability

Momoo "Sea Cow"
  • Level 70

Arlong Pirates (x10)
  • Level 45

Kanung
  • Level 70
  • Stat Specialties: Fishman Karate & Vitality

Wordon
  • Level 65
  • Stat Specialties: Swordsmanship & Strength

Sam
  • Level 60
  • Stat Specialties: Boxing & Speed

Jimbe
  • Level 90
  • Stat Specialties: Fishman Karate & Strength

Attachments

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

REGULAR REWARDS

One-Time Beri RewardWeekly Income For Pirate CrewsDevil FruitsOther
$150,000,000$75,000,000N/AMedicine Items can be purchased at a 25% discount from Nako.
Kiribachi (Ryo Wazamono)

HARD MODE REWARDS

One-Time Beri RewardWeekly Income For Pirate CrewsDevil FruitsOther
$500,000,000$75,000,000N/AEnergy Steroids
Kiribachi (Ryo Wazamono)

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: major lee hung
Narration
Lee's thoughts
"Lee's Dialogue"
Other Marine Narration
"Other Marine Dialogue"
Helmsman Narration
Helmsman thoughts
"Helmsman dialogue"

Standing on the bow of the ship twirling his Anchors horizontally around his body, three Marines stand before Lee each holding knives in their hands. There were shattered shards of glass on the deck around Lee, each from broken bottles. The three Marines all have looks of concern on their faces.

Marine 1: "Sir, are you sure this is necessary? The bottles worked well enough, are you sure switching them out for these knives is necessary?"

Lee continues to twirl his Anchors around him: "Don't worry, you won't be able to hit me. I just need to experience what it's like to deflect a real weapon. Those knives will fly cleaner and faster through the air, and their trajectory will be more precise than empty bottles will. Now don't show any mercy. Throw them with as much precision and killing intent as you can."

With reluctant expressions, the three Marines stand ready with their knives in hand. Lee shuts his eyes and activates his Observation Haki. As he does this, he feels the three Marines throw the knives at him as hard as they can. Timing the trajectory of the knives with the rotation of his Anchor chains, Lee swings his chains across his body and knocks the three knives out of the sky and sends them bouncing across the deck.

Lee opens his eyes and stops his rotation, wrapping his Anchor chains around his arms again.
"Thank you, Marines." The Marines salute with what almost looked like a look of admiration on their faces. "Now clean up all this broken glass and pick those knives up."

"Rear Admiral!" Just as Lee turns around to find the source of the voice, the three Marine's admiring expressions turn into expressions of buzz kill. Lee sees the Danko's Helmsman standing before him in a salute.

Even with that proud salute, I can still sense your lack of confidence after last mission. I expect you won't let any hard feelings get in the way of our mission here. If I have to address this in any way before we've apprehended Arlong, then I've chosen the wrong man to lead the crew of this ship.

Lee clips his Anchors to his belt: "At ease. Report."

The Helmsman drops his salute and reaches into his belt as he approaches Lee. He pulls out what looks like a Newspaper. "Sir there's..there's something that you need to see here.."

Lee takes the Newspaper with a look of confusion as he begins to read.

169th Across the East Blue!

For those of you who haven’t heard of Shells Town, it’s a quiet little island in East Blue under the command of the Navy Captain Axe-Hand Morgan. This past week, Shells Town was sent into an excited frenzy! The locals of the island can’t stop talking about Rear Admiral Lee and his branch of super-Marines! Apparently, the newly enstalled Rear Admiral publicly threatened the local Captain Morgan! We went undercover for the exclusive scoop:

**All citizens that we privately interviewed asked that their identities be kept anonymous**

Citizen 1: “Oi, yeah, I saw it from my window. That huge Monster lifted Captain Morgan clear off the ground and threatened him to his face. Morgan looked like a scolded puppy after that. He shoulda done a lot more than threaten, if you ask me...”

Citizen 2: “Yep it’s true! These Marines are all monsters! I was watching them from my window and I saw one of them fall from the sky, hit the ground like a cannonball, and get up like it was nothing...they’re freaks I tell you!”

Citizen 3: “Yeah...the Fishman almost tore the Captain to shreds, and one of his men also almost assaulted Morgan’s son.... But you shouldn’t be asking all these questions around here...” **the Interview was interrupted by his son coming in and crying** “Oi son!! For the last time, there’s no such thing as a Rear Admiral Lee action figure!! If you ask again, you’re grounded for life!!”
Lee reads the article with a look of irritation on his face.

Who wrote this sensationalist garbage? The fact that people are entertained by this nonsense is beyond me...

Lee glances at the Helmsman who had a single bead of sweat pouring down his right temple.

Why are you showing this to me?

Lee continues to read.

By the time we reached Shells Town, the 169th Fleet has already set out to Sea. Looks like their hard work isn't done yet! We were unable to reach any of the 169th Marines for comment, but one thing is certain: they left a huge impression on Shells Town!! Asking the townsfolk, Rear Admiral Lee and one of his lower ranking friend had apparently already set out to fight the great terror of the East Blue, Fleet Admiral Don Krieg! Mina-san, let's wish our heroes luck!
The Helmsman took a few steps back as every muscle on Lee's body clenched and his veins exposed themselves. The look on Lee's face had turned into a scowl of complete and utter rage, revealing his clenched, jagged teeth. The Helmsman begins sweating even more profusely.

Shit! I knew he'd be pissed but...I've never seen him this angry!! I didn't know that his skin was capable of turning red..He looks like he's going to burst!

The trembles of rage that course through Lee's arm inadvertently crumple the Newspaper and tear it in two. He spoke in a manner that suggested he was trying (and failing) to conceal the anger in his voice, not letting his jagged teeth separate as he spoke: "THEY PUBLISHED OUR BATTLE PLAN BEFORE WE HAD ACTED ON IT??!!"

Marines around the ship who were performing their duties had seen the Rear Admiral's rage and looked at him with looks of fear and concern.

How the fuck did they even know...How did our plans become public knowledge....Is this the reason that Don Krieg knew to bring his Fleet to meet us?!?! Is this the reason that my men were killed?!

With a gulp, the Helmsman speaks: "We received these papers yesterday..Sir we should..we should mention this in our report to Navy HQ..It's likely that this Newspaper tipped off Krieg to our arrival.."

Lee shuts his eyes and closes his mouth. He loudly inhales and exhales as he attempts to calm himself. After a few moments of this, he addresses the Helmsman, his voice now calm. "Thank you for bringing this to me. Dismissed."

The Helmsman opened his mouth to respond, but it was fear of the monstrous Fishman before him that caused him to shut his mouth and walk away.

I wanted to tell you about the decision I've reached after the battle three days ago but...It would be inappropriate of me to do so right now..not with our arrival at Arlong Park being so eminent...

The Helmsman returns to the center dome. Lee stands in place for a moment.

If I ever come face to face with those reporters, they're going to get an ear full from me...

The Danko continued it's trek through calm East Blue waters as the sun shined down upon the ship. Sea Gulls chirped and flew alongside the ship, and being towed behind the Danko was Krieg's 3rd Colossus that Lee had captured. The ship must've been almost twice as big as the Danko, and it was hooked up to the Danko's stern by huge chains.

On board the Colossus were 1,400 captured Krieg Pirates tied together with Rope. 200 of Lee's own Marines stood guarding them with rifles at the ready. On board Lee's ship were another 165 Marines performing their sailing duties. Lee's medics had managed to save 50 wounded Marines, but overall the Danko had lost 135 Marines fighting against Don Krieg's fleet.

Lee had ordered Jax's ship, the Kesshi-Tai, to stay behind and search the area for @Rorouni Zoro for a time.

Lee took a huge bite of the cooked Buffalo Trout that he had hoped to eat three days ago as he focused his thoughts in on the Arlong Pirates. He stands staring off of the starboard side of the ship into the waves.

These will be the first Fishmen that I've ever met. I had hoped to meet my own kind under better circumstances but..I guess this would only be possible in a different world. Piracy corrupts the hearts of Fishmen like it does anyone else, I suppose...I wonder what I can learn from them? What is the Fishman Island like? What would they think of a Marine like me?

The Crows Nest Marine shouts down to the deck: "LAND AHEAD!!"

Marines from all across the deck all turn their heads towards the bow to look. Lee himself walks slowly to the bow of the ship to observe the Island.

As the Danko closes in on the Island ahead of them, the Island becomes more and more visible. A mostly forested Island with a small village situated to the East. In front of the Island to it's Western side sits a huge tower in front of a man-made pool of water.

There is is...Arlong Park. This is where Arlong the Saw has centered his terrible East Blue Empire..It's situated right next to a village. That's cruel.

As the ship reaches a point in the water 300 meters from the Island, the Marines of the Danko as well as the Marines on the colossus re-furl the sails on both ships. Both ships drop Anchor as they sit in place in the water.

The Helmsman approaches Lee from behind, holding Lee's folded Marine cape in his right arm. He speaks: "Sir..the villagers of this Island have most likely suffered greatly at Arlong's hands...Do you think that they'll welcome the presence of Marines here? Arlong has been here for many years..Do you think they'll be bitter towards us for taking all this time?"

Lee gazes out to the Island thoughtfully as he responds: "No. They won't be bitter at all. They'll welcome us with open arms. They'll be relieved that the nightmare that they've lived in all this time is finally over. I'm positive of this."

The Helmsman gazes at Lee as he says this. He says this with such certainty...how can he be so sure that the villagers will be glad to see us?

"MARINE SHIPS TO OUR STERN!! THEY'RE FLYING THE FLAGS OF THE 169TH OFFICERS! OUR BRANCH IS ARRIVING!!" Shouts the Crows Nest Marine.

Lee snaps back to reality as he turns to face the Helmsman. He takes his Marine coat from the Helmsman's hands and slings it over his shoulder. Lee recalls his plan:

Major Lee Hung said:
"5 Marine branches have already attempted to remove him, and all 5 branches were completely exterminated out at Sea. These Fishmen are incredibly dangerous, and they are the reason that I in particular was sent here..For this reason, it is important that none of you, under any circumstance, attempt to approach Arlong Park until you see the Green Flare launched from my ship, the Danko, into the sky. This signal will be fired as soon as I myself am in the bay of Arlong Park, ready to intercept any Fishmen who attempt to approach from under the waves. Once you see this signal, approach Arlong Park, anchor, and make your way ashore. Once all of you are on shore, @Capt_NakedPanda will fire a red flare into the sky from his ship, and I will join you all in the port. From here, we will head to Arlong Park to arrest Arlong."
Lee hands his Anchors over to the Helmsman. "After I'm in the water, wait 10 seconds and then fire a Green Flare into the sky. After all of the ships of the 169th have made it to the port, follow them and dock. Do not wait for me."

The Helmsman holds Lee's massive Anchors in his arms. "Sir you...you won't be taking your Anchors?"

Lee turns towards the water. "Of course not. Not under water. These weapons are meant to be used with Momentum. I can't take advantage of that under water. I'll need to be more nimble and quick. I have no idea how many Fishmen will come for our ships, so don't waste any time on that flare." Lee glances back at the Helmsman. "Our encounter with Don Krieg was an absolute disaster. We won't let that happen again. We'll pull this off efficiently and with no casualties. The ship is yours."

With that said, Lee dives into the water and swims well below the waves. The water calms him as it flows across his skin. After what feels like 10 seconds, Lee looks back above the waves and sees what looks like a bright Green Flare shooting skyward from the Danko.

Good. That will signal that our officers should approach the Village and dock. Now I just need to wait for @Capt_NakedPanda to fire his Red Flare, and then I'll meet them on the shore of the Island's Village.

Lee turns and faces the Island, activating his Observation Haki.

Alright then, Fishmen from the Grand Line. Show me what you're made of.

Name: Lee
Epithet: “The Torpedo”
Affiliation: Marines, G-169
Race: Killer Whale Fishman
Date of Birth: November 30
Height: 12 Foot 8 Inches
Level 52
52 x 5 = 260
Strength: 35+20+5=61
Speed: 70+5=75
75x2=150
-Reaction: 75
-Movement: 75
Vitality: 48+20=68
48x2=150
-Durability: 75
-Stamina: 61
Haki: 46
46x2=92
-Armament Haki: 69
-Observation Haki (Awareness): 23
Martial Arts: 61
61x2=122
-Dual Chained Anchor Style: 61
-Rokushiki: 61
(Rankyaku, Moving Tekkai, Geppo, Soru, Shigan, Kami-E)

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: roogy
Actions / Thoughts / "Speech" / Narrator Voice

Cocoyasi Village, Tangerine Orchards
A purple-haired woman picked at the tangerines and thought to herself. I'm not even close to the target amount. Why does raising money honestly have to be so goddamn hard? She picked up her bag of harvested tangerines and went inside her house.

Gosa Village, Main Street
All of the buildings in the village were upside down. The town appeared to be deserted, and it was unclear exactly what had happened.

Arlong Park, Inside Gates
"Those pathetic humans won't know what hit 'em," said the fishman known as Arlong. He was a sawshark fishman, and he wore a tropical shirt and some ordinary shorts.

The Conomi Islands were under a hostile takeover by a group of fishmen known as the Fishman Pirates, who considered humans to be beneath them. It is very likely that what happened to Gosa may happen to Cocoyasi, if they do anything to anger these pirates.

Arlong Park, Outside Gates
"Hachi is looking out at the sea, Hachi is looking at what he can see..." said the fishman known as Hatchan. He was an octopus fishman, and he wore a striped shirt that was made for someone with mutliple arms, and some normal shorts.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: frayz
Action/Narration
Names/Styles/Techniques, etc
“Frayzah's Speech”
‘Frayzah's Thoughts’
“Other Character's Speech”
Flashback

After days of sailing through the East Blue, three of the Marine ships were waiting at a distance from Arlong Park as per Rear Admiral Lee'sorders. They had already been waiting there for 12 hours and the officers were taking 5 hour shifts to lookout for the flare so they all stay full rested.

One of those ships was The Stormhawk, captained by 'The Vigilante' Frayzah who had constructed 10 Den Den Mushi on the journey. It was a simple task but the process of adding the buttons and receivers was very time consuming.

It was now his shift and the tailed Marine Captain had been sitting in the crows nest for the last 2 hours, enjoying the nice sunny day without his hooded jacket as he looked out in the direction of the island using his binoculars.

‘These Fishmen must be the real deal if Lee wants us to wait for him before approaching but I've always enjoyed a cha...’

But his thought process is suddenly halted when he spots the green flare shoot into the blue sky ahead. After this, he climbs down off the crows nest before entering his office to put on his jacket and Marine Coat. Frayzah also grabs his 3 swords and the 10 Den Den Mushi he made. Chouchou barks at him, almost in a manner to tell him to be safe.

“Heh-heh. Yeah stay here Chouee, I'll be back soon.”

He leaves his office and pulls out one of the Den Den Mushi to contact Commodore Reo and Captain Hassan.

“This is Captain Frayzah. The Rear Admiral's green flare has been fired. I'm ready to follow your lead Commodore.”

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: capt_nakedpanda
For the past days Reo was travelling on his ship The Argonaut and he has been recovering from his bruises and burns. The casualties cause from Buggy were numbering 15 fatal cases and 15 injured plus the casualties from the civilian side. Thinking through the scenarios played out in Orange town, Reo couldnt help but thinking that he could have done better. In order to distract himself from these heavy thoughts Reo decide to keep his mind and hands busy with something else.

Due to the burns caused by the Buggy bomb some of the white fur has tuned brown and Reo didnt like how it looked so he took the matter in his own hands. He went to the kitchen took out some scissors and started cutting off the burned fur.

After he was done and satisfied that he cant see anymore brown fur he took a look in to the mirror. For his surprise the cut was all uneven and messy and he looked like a stray dog having problems with some skin/fur decease... Hearing that someone was coming close to the kitchen Reo put on the apron to cover his body and pretended he is cooking, while kicking the cut fur under the table.

Coming in the kitchen were the other chefs followed by Informa who was making sure that they were having all necessary supplies.

Informa:
"Ok the last thing is the kitchen. Show me the fresh supplies there, please."
Chef 1: "Yes ma'am!"

Reo: "Hey you there..." pointing towards the chef "Bring me the special smoked beef. Please go fast! And Informa can you please stay, I need to talk to you."

Hearing the commands the chef got startled for few seconds but then released a quick response

Chef 1:
"Ho-How much, sir?"

Wanting him just out of the room Reo responded without thinking.

Reo:
"Just bring all of it!"

The chef made a very surprised face and then left to the storage room on the ship. Informa in the mean time was waiting for Reo to state the topic.

Informa:
"Sir, what do you need?"

Reo started blushing, not knowing how to start the topic. Then he decided to get it over with and without saying a thing he started removing the apron.

Inform:
"Sir! Dont do that, you are past that point of striping naked! What if someone comes in?"

Saying that Informa started covering his eyes blushing red as a tomato.

Reo: "ITS NOT WHAT YOU ARE THINKING! " shouted Reo out of embarrassment before placing his hands on his mouth realizing it was louder than in intended "Its not what you think, I am not naked I still have my pants on..."

Removing the hands from her face Informa saw Reo's fur unevenly cut. In this sight Informa just stood there for few seconds in shock before she started dropping small laughs out which later evolved in to uncontrollable laugh. In the mean time Reo was standing there with embarrassed face, his ears dropping down on his head and he felt like he lost all his dignity. Staying like that for several seconds looking at Informa laughing, Reo suddenly rushed towards her and put a hand on her mouth.

Reo:
"Shhhhh" said with watery eyes "Please help me Informa..."

Informa stopped laughing since the mink's hand was covering almost all her face. She gave a nod of agreement but in the same time a voice was heard.

Marine 1:
"Commodore, commodore, the den den mushi, commodore. It captain Frayzah, the operation is a go."

Without wasting a second, the marine rushed in the kitchen. Reo panicked and grabbed the first thing to shield himself from being seen... Informa.
Hugging her with both hands as to cover as much area as possible, the mink lifted Informa in front of his chest. However, her much smaller body was not the best cover if any at all...

Seeing that sight, the marine was shocked and forgot about the report. In the same time the other chef sent for the meat entered the kitchen as well, barely carrying a huge chunk of meat on his back
Then silence.

... ... ...

Reo:
"It not what it looks like... aaammm... mmm... Informa asked me to give her an easy bear hug to straighten her back, it's a secret medical technique..." said Reo while averting his eyes to the side as to avoid eye contact.
Marine 1 (Joe):
"In that case, can I be next commodore, my back hurts as well"
Chef 1: "Oh me too, commodore!"

Starting to sweat because of his lies , Reo didn't know what to do.

Burei:
"Oh get it over with, you shy fuzzball"
To help his little brother Burei got in control. He gently placed Informa on the ground and spoke up.

Burei: "I am sorry my dear Informa, dont mind my stupid little brother! Joe, report on the news, werent you screaming its important?"

Marine 1 (Joe): "Yes sir, captain Frayzah has contacted us that Rear Admiral Lee has given the go signal!"

Burei: "Why didnt you say so faster! Tell the other ships to follow our lead, approach the village and dock. Its time to go fishing!"

Chef 1: "What about the meat sir?"

Burei quickly took out his cooking knife that he always carry and with several precise swings he sliced off 6 pieces which he wrapped in a single piece of cloth.

Burei
: "That's enough, you can return it!"

Then Burei left the room rushing to his room to put the suit and his marine coat and prepare for landing.

In the mean time in the kitchen there was silence!
The chefs was blinking in surprise why did he have to bring all the meat for 6 slices and what was that new look.
The marine was still confused by what he saw and the new look of the commodore.
Informa was still processing what has happened.

Everybody were looking at each other as asking one another what has happened. Then the silence was broken by Informa not being able to hold her laugh! That made everybody loosen up and start rolling on floor laughing at the new extravagant look of their commanding officer.

After a minute, Joe went back to the den den mushi and quoted the given orders to the other ships while still laughing uncontrollably, hoping that they could understand what he was saying.
(Reference to Burei's command - Tell the other ships to follow our lead, approach the village and dock. Its time to go fishing!)

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: tartan owl
Vulpes was lazing around on the deck of the Magna Venandi, waiting for the signal to initiate the operation and for himself to start hunting.

Our opponents are Fishmen. That should spice things up a little from the usual human prey. I wonder how our boss will react to this? Hmmm, he will probably just take them in regardless. Still, who knows what the boss is thinking right now.

Vulpes observed the Marines under his command. Although they continued their assigned tasks as per usual, there was a certain disheartened aura in the ranks.

Hmmm, it is probably because we were too late to assist Rear Admiral Lee. By the time we got there, all that was left was ship wreckage and floating corpses. I assumed we could have been fast enough to assist in caring for the injured but alas it was not to be.

I cannot leave the morale of the men like this. It could jeopardise the mission. It is time to rouse the rabble with a speech.

"MARINES! LISTEN UP!"

The various men and women aboard the Magna Venandi stopped whatever they were doing and looked at their commanding officer.

"Now that I have your attention, I have a few words to say."

"You all know why we are here. Today is the day we end the tyrannical reign of the most powerful pirate in all of East Blue, Arlong the Saw. You are here because it is your duty. Do you know why it is your duty? It is because Arlong has slaughtered dozens of our Marine brethren thus it is your duty to avenge our fallen comrades. It is because there are civilians suffering under his iron grip thus it is your duty to rescue those that cannot free themselves.
Lastly, it is because we are seeking an end to this era of piracy thus it is your duty to provide hope to all the innocent families across the globe that they will be safe in their own homes."

Vulpes looked at his subordinates, seeing their full attention directed at him, captivated by his words. Vulpes grinned as he decided to raise their spirits even more.

"Now tell me, proud Marines of the 169th... Are you ready to accept full responsibility for your duty?"

A loud cheer resounded throughout the ship as the Marines responded positively to Vulpes' question.

Ughh, how sappy and sentimental. At least the speech had its intended effect though.

Vulpes noticed a green flare rising into the sky and the other Marine ships moving into action.

"Helsman. Follow the lead of the Argonaut. I want to see how the other mink Commodore of the 169th handles a situation."

The Magna Venandi follows closely behind the Commodore Reo's ship, the Argonaut.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: rominmusa
since romin doesn't have any ship he was on Tartan's ship...

"MARINES! LISTEN UP!"

The various men and women aboard the Magna Venandi stopped whatever they were doing and looked at their commanding officer.

"Now that I have your attention, I have a few words to say."

"You all know why we are here. Today is the day we end the tyrannical reign of the most powerful pirate in all of East Blue, Arlong the Saw. You are here because it is your duty. Do you know why it is your duty? It is because Arlong has slaughtered dozens of our Marine brethren thus it is your duty to avenge our fallen comrades. It is because there are civilians suffering under his iron grip thus it is your duty to rescue those that cannot free themselves.
Lastly, it is because we are seeking an end to this era of piracy thus it is your duty to provide hope to all the innocent families across the globe that they will be safe in their own homes."
as owl shouted.. "aye...sir" romin replied..

Vulpes looked at his subordinates, seeing their full attention directed at him, captivated by his words. Vulpes grinned as he decided to raise their spirits even more.

"Now tell me, proud Marines of the 169th... Are you ready to accept full responsibility for your duty?"

A loud cheer resounded throughout the ship as the Marines responded positively to Vulpes' question.

Ughh, how sappy and sentimental. At least the speech had its intended effect though.

Vulpes noticed a green flare rising into the sky and the other Marine ships moving into action.

"Helsman. Follow the lead of the Argonaut. I want to see how the other mink Commodore of the 169th handles a situation."

The Magna Venandi follows closely behind the Commodore Reo's ship, the Argonaut.
after cheering romin walked towards the edge of the ship....

the sun was rising at that time romin looked at the sun

/what a beautiful scenary/ romin thought

when romin changed his point of view he saw an island on the north side

the island was looking like moving towards us..

the island was a beatiful island with some part is covered in water...

/what abeautiful island/ romin thought

/so this is where the pirate fishman arlong lives with his crew/ romin thought

i should get prepared for any emergency. romin moved towards his cabin to get ready

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: emperor cross
# Shaarib was pissed at his men. They were doing their daily exercises on Naglfar and none of them was doing great. He couldn’t bear the fact that his men weren’t ready to fight in any of the situations they were in. He was very jealous of the others members of the 169th. They were very strong, too strong even for him. The Commodore and the Rear Admiral were in others leagues and he felt it just by being by their side. What was freaking nuts was the fact that Panda was younger than him.

He needed to be better, much stronger and quicker. Just battling with Mohji and his beast had him slightly more powerful. Maybe what his crew was waiting for is experience ? If they fight in dangerous situations they might get stronger and they will...

Lost in his thoughts, he was interrupted by the ring of his escargophone. It was of Burei’s men and the Commodore has given the order to follow him.
  • Oya, oya... you have heard the Commodore boys ! We are done for today session ! Everybody to his position ! We are going to make history !
#

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: roogy
Cocoyasi Village, House by the Tangerine Orchards
The purple-haired woman heard a loud bang in the distance. She ran outside to see a green flare in the sky. She thought to herself, Someone's here. Could we finally be free of this nightmare? She ran toward the main street of the village.

Arlong saw the green flare in the sky. It would seem we have some uninvited company. Any pathetic humans who think they are a match for us fishmen are sorely mistaken. Whoever they are, they will regret coming here.

Arlong Park, Outside Gates
Hachi had two of his right arms shielding his eyes from the sun as he looked at the green flare in the sky. "Nyu! That shouldn't be in the sky! That probably means something will happen! I'd better tell Arlong."

Hachi went over the walls and inside the main area.

Cocoyasi Village, Main Street
The local sheriff, Genzo, was patrolling the street when the flare was fired into the sky. A boy from the village that had been sitting on the bench ran to the docks at the end of the street.

"Do you see the ships? They're coming! We're going to be free!" he shouted. This encouraged more people to approach the shore and wave at the ships.

"They're marine ships. But what are they doing here?" asked Genzo. I thought the marines had turned a blind eye to us. Captain Nezumi seems not to care about our situation.

"Arlong! There's a green flare in the sky!" said Hatchan.

"I can see that. Did you happen to see anything else?" asked Arlong.

"I think some marine ships were headed to the village."

"Not on our payroll?" asked a ray fishman named Kuroobi. He wore a dark blue gi and a black belt.

"It doesn't seem like it. I think they were the ones who fired the green flare," said Hatchan.

"They're signalling. They've come here for a reason," said a smelt-whiting fishman named Chew. He wore a striped blue vest and brown pants.

"Let's see what they want. If they give us any trouble, they'll be in trouble," said Arlong.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: major lee hung
From under the waves, Lee gazes towards the surface of the water to see the ships of the 169th making their moves towards the village.

Good. Once they've arrived in the village, we'll make sure that the Civilians are safe, and then head on over to Arlong Park.

Lee looks back towards the island, still scanning ahead with his Observation Haki.

Nothing. Not even scouts sent ahead to see what type of ships are making their way towards him. Has the sheer number of ships in our fleet made Arlong panic?

Lee lets himself sink to the bottom of the bay where his feet touch the ground. Surrounding him in every direction was the wreckage of the Marine ships belonging to the five branches that had come here in the past and were sunken out at Sea. Shattered wood fragments lie all over the sand surrounding five sunken Marine ships. Each ship's mast was still in tact, and their Marine flags were still attached to them, flowing lifelessly with the waves.

These are the ships belonging to the Marines killed by Arlong.

Lee's fists clench tight.

These Fishmen, like me, were born with the incredible ability to live under the waves. To make the Ocean our home. Something that no other species can do for themselves. And instead of using this gift to make the World a better place, these Fishmen use it for selfish gain..to further their own criminal Empire...the World is a cruel place...but I will be the one to make everything right!

Lee's fists un-clench as he looks around the Sea Floor at the wreckage surrounding him. He focuses on one ship in particular that had been torn in half at the hull, but who's dock was still more or less connected. Jumping off of the Sea Floor, he swims calmly through the water to the ships deck. He swims over the lifeless deck, somberly looking down as he does so, as he makes his way to the captain's quarters. The doors floated open, as if inviting him in.

As he swims into the captain's quarters, Lee looks around to see what one might expect from a sunken ship captain's office. Paper maps floated around every where, having been torn in places due to the water weakening their integrity. Pieces of furniture and decoration floated around the room every which way. As Lee silently examines the scene, something on the Captain's desk reflects sunlight toward his eyes. Squinting a bit, he swims through the cabin toward the Captain's desk to see what the item was.

Sitting there on the desk was a small chained necklace with a shiny metal emblem on the end of it. Lee picks it up by the chain to examine it, hanging the emblem down in front of his face.

Suddenly, Lee's eyes shoot wide open as he stares in shock at the symbol hanging from the chains.

THAT....THAT SYMBOL...What in the hell...Where did this come from??!!

Lee frantically looks around the captain's quarters.

There's got to be something else here...some kind of clue...this can't be..it makes no sense at all...

As he swims around the room, he finds nothing else related to the necklace. After looking around for a few moments, Lee stops himself and floats in place. Closing his eyes and slowly exhaling, he calms himself. He opens his eyes and examines the symbol once more.

I don't understand...where on earth could this have come from?? Was the Captain of this ship...

Lee stops mid-thought as he swims hastily out of the Captain's quarters and up the mast to the ships flag that was still attached, floating with the current. Lee grabs the flag and stretches it out. Underneath the Marine symbol were the 3 numbers "141".

The 141th Marine branch...Who did you belong to??

Lee releases the flag as he slowly tucks the necklace away under his belt.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that what I just discovered shouldn't be possible. But I've been sailing these Seas long enough to know that nothing is impossible out here..."G-141"...you've got a history that I need to look into...Could there be others like you? Like me?

Lee shakes the thought.

No...I can't worry about this right now. The Arlong Pirates. That's what I'm here for. The Civilians suffering under their reign. They are my priority.

Lee looks up to see his ships making there way towards the dock, no Arlong Pirate Fishmen in sight. His Observation Haki detected no scouts anywhere near him. He swims up just a bit in order to get a better view of his surroundings in the event of Fishmen scouts being sent.

First Arlong...Then I'll deal with this..

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: frayz
Capt_NakedPanda said:
"Tell the other ships to follow our lead, approach the village and dock. Its time to go fishing!"
The Vigilante receives word from The Argonaut and orders his men to tail Commodore's ship. He watches the waves crash against side of the Naglfar beside him when he suddenly notices another Marine ship approach them.
Tartan Owl said:
Frayzah grins at this.

‘Heh, looks like Vulpes has joined the party. Like I expected, Alvida was nothing to him.’

All four of the Marine ships continue on towards Arlong Park.
Frayzah's
tail begins to twitch with excitement as he stands on the deck of The Stormhawk.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: capt_nakedpanda
While the Argonaut and the rest of the ships were approaching the dock Reo finally came up to the deck, back in control and still a little embarrassed, Joe however was still giggling. Seeing his commander on deck approaching him he tried to hold his laugh.

Reo:
"Joe, mmm, how is the approach of the island going?"
Joe: "All good sir, I have informed the other officers and it seems they have received the orders"

Looking to the side Reo saw the rest of the ships and a sudden cheering attracted his attention. It was commodore Vulpes giving some kind of a speech on his ship and his crew responded in cheers. Due to all the commotion and heavy thoughts caused by belated Buggy, the young mink has completely forgotten that there are other minks in 169th branch.

Reo:
"Commodore Vulpes!!!" - Reo gasped in excitement - "I cant wait to meet him!"

Reo's eyes were shinning with happiness and excitement and he could wait for them to reach the shore as fast as possible.

Reo:
"Informa, Infromaaaa!!! Where are you!?"

Infroma rushed on the deck, smiling again remembering the new hair cut that she saw recently.

Informa:
"What is it commodore?"
Reo: "Bring me the file for Commodore Vulpes again. Hurry up! Please, please, please!"

Reo was looking Informa with his big brown eyes, like a puppy begging for one ore tasty treat. The female chief of staff had no idea what was that about, but as always she performed her duty excellent and shortly after she brought the file. The young mink took the file put the signal pistol that he brought with him in his pocket and started reading the file. Looking at the collected information, the panda was staring at it with such intensity that it seems the paper might burst in flames any moment.

Reo's excitement suddenly was substituted with his troubled expression. As reading all the information on Vuples, he understood that the fox mink was an experienced bounty hunter before he became a marine. However, what changed the panda's mood was the preference of killing his victims instead of bringing them to prison. Remembering, the events from Orange town Reo wondered

Reo:
"Is killing engraved in the nature of the minks?"

With these thoughts in mind the Argonaut arrived at the port and started securing the area and unloading the necessary equipment. Reo has also went down from the ship giving orders, but it was obvious that something was on his mind.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: tartan owl
Once the Magna Venandi was securely docked, Vulpes observed the layout of the village and the surrounding landscape ahead of him.

Hmmm. Simplistic but efficient rectangular architecture with a preference for building with wood and covering the wood with light coloured paints. The surrounding landscape appears to be mostly fertile fields suitable for arable agriculture. I see a lot of orange fruit and rice plantations. There is a nearby forest as well. I see no other ships here apart from our own. Several conclusions can be drawn from all of this.

Vulpes looked ahead to observe Arlong's base itself.

The architecture of the pirate's base of operations is vastly different from that of this village or any other village I have seen in the East Blue. I feel like I have seen this type architecture somewhere before but where? Hmmm, I can figure that out later but first, I shall test the observational skills of my fellow mink Commodore.

"Men. Have yourselves form up into your respective units around the ship before I come back. I am going to have a chat with a fellow officer. romin feel free to follow me if you wish to do so. You might learn something of value from our little talk but do not interrupt any questions I ask the Commodore."

Without waiting for a response, Vulpes made his way towards Commodore Reo, seeing the black and white panda mink giving out orders to his troops. Coming up from behind the mink officer that was a good bit taller than him, Vulpes decided to announce his presence with a question.

"Tell me Commodore Reo Are you an officer of careful observation? Look at the surrounding settlement and landscape and tell me what potential conclusions you can draw from this action?"

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: endency
Gruun stared long and hard at his own reflection using the little hand mirror that he had been given to help groom himself. He lifted the scissors to his face. Slowly and methodically he was trimming his facial hair. Gruun had to work extra hard to keep his hand steady due to the gentle rocking of the ship, which also wasn't helped by the fact that he had to use a mirror and scissors that were drastically undersized for him. He was always awake well before the sun rose to make sure he had time to properly groom himself. After over an hour of pain staking work he sat the scissors down and moved the mirror around to examine his work.

"Ooof" Gruun grunted in approval. As he heard many times from the higher up marines at HQ. "Cleanliness is next to godliness."

Gruun put the mirror away in his bedside stand along with the scissors and began sweeping up his hair that had fallen to the ground. He meticulously swept well beyond where any hair could have potentially landed just to be safe. Once he was satisfied he returned the broom and dustpan to their housed locations and went back to his bed. Gruun began donning his marine uniform able to do so quickly and methodically as he had practiced well over one hundred times at this point. It was like second nature to him, but he always double checked eat piece of clothing to make sure no new seams had began to tear. As he finished like clockwork the sun began to rise on the horizon outside his port window. The other marines would be waking soon.

Quiet as a mouse, or at least as quiet as a twenty foot tall gorilla could be. Gruun slid out from his barracks, which he only shared with a couple other marines due to how much space he took up, and into the hallway. He had to hunch much lower than usual as the ships weren't quiet outfitted to accommodate such large individuals. Luckily they were plenty wide so that he didn't have to squeeze. And even so he had walked this hallway many times. He could navigate it with his eyes closed, he knew, because he had practiced. Gruun quickly made his way to the upper deck. The salty air was as sweet as candy on his nostrils. He could hear seagulls cawing nearby. "Must be getting close." He thought walking over to the supply closet. Gruun always wanted to get a early start on his chores. He wanted to finished as quickly as possible, without sacrificing quality, so that he could get an equally early start on his training. He had come a long way in the time he had been aboard @Major Lee Hung's ship. But there was always more to learn.

As the time past more and more Marines came to begin their chores as well. Some, but not many, greeted Gruun. Gruun wasn't much for words so he would greet them in kind with a formal head nod. Of course saluting those who were of higher rank. Eventually the Rear Admiral himself was on deck training with a couple other deck hands. Gruun couldn't help but watch intently while doing his chores. The gap between them seemed insurmountable, but Gruun wasn't willing to let that keep him back. On the contrary it only motivated him more. Gruun had heard tales of even more powerful marines, and if they could do it. Why couldn't he?

Eventually Rear Admiral Lee finished training and after some conversation dove into the ocean. Gruun was a fair swimmer himself, but there was no way he could match Lee in the water, he was a fishmen after all. Gruun continued to work diligently, until he saw a green flair. That was the first sign wasn't it?

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: emperor cross
# As soon as Naglfar arrived on the Dock, Shaarib disappeared. He was way too excited and all of his crew had been able to notice it, since they had left the city of Orange, he had doubled the intensity of their morning trainings. But today it was the worst of them all. The captain had so much energy to spare that his wings were vibrating leaving here and there some feathers on the ground. Each of them followed the procedure and in formation, helped to secure the perimeter.

Our Hero took the direction of the Argonaut seeking some direction from Panda-chan. He was dressed as habitual, a jogger, some rangers, a marine tee and finally his big ass Captain coat on his shoulders that was certainly full of feathers. Arrived at a good distance he saw the Commodore and Vulpes talking. At least Vulpes was. Shaarib didn’t hear what the Fox mink said but could feel the seriousness of the conversation.

He quickly sprinted towards them and barely stopped behind Vulpes. Wanting to ease the situation, he put one of his arm around the shoulder of the Mink and said with a laid back voice :

~ Making confidences without waiting for me ? I’m offended Commodore, I thought that we were more than that... he said with a foxy grin.

#

Top Bottom