Island Black Drum Kingdom

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Virtually nothing is known about the geography of the Black Drum Kingdom to outsiders. However, it is known to be in the South Blue, with a huge castle that can be seen even when not on the island and often has stormy weather in the skies.

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wapol
level 35
35x5=175
Strength: 45+6=51
Speed: 44+6=50
50x2=100
-Reaction: 50
-Movement: 50
Vitality: 35+6=41
41x2=82
-Durability: 41
-Stamina: 41
Devil Fruit: 51

Kinderella
level 35
35x5=175
Strength: 45+6=51
Speed: 44+6=50
50x2=100
-Reaction: 50
-Movement: 50
Vitality: 35+6=41
41x2=82
-Durability: 41
-Stamina: 41
Mind: 25
25x2=50
-Medicine: 50
Martial Arts: 26
26x2=52
-Whip: 52

Musshuru
level 30
30x5=150
Strength: 40+6=46
Speed: 40+6=46
46x2=92
-Reaction: 46
-Movement: 46
Vitality: 29+6=35
35x2=70
-Durability: 35
-Stamina: 35
Devil Fruit: 41

Hakowan
level 20
20x5 =75
Strength: 25
Speed: 25
25x2=50
-Reaction: 25
-Movement: 25
Vitality: 25
25x2=50
-Durability: 25
-Stamina: 25

Black Drum Soldiers (200)
level 15
15x5=75
Strength: 20+2=22
Speed: 15+2=17
17x2=34
-Reaction: 17
-Movement: 17
Vitality:20+2=22
22x2=4
-Durability: 22
-Stamina: 22
Martial Arts: 20
20x2=40
-Gunslinging/Swordmanship: 40

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One time beri reward:
-120 000 000 Beri

Devil Fruits acquired:
-Baku Baku no mi from Wapol
-Noko Noko no mi from Musshuru

Weekly beri reward for pirate crews:
-60 000 000 Beri

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The dark sky is an inevitability over the Black Drum Kingdom, black clouds forever blanket the sky promising an ever-looming storm. The gloomy island's curse carried heavy in the air; misery being palpable in the very atmosphere around Black Drum. The tortured citizens were mostly asleep now; though whether it was night or day didn't matter here, it was night.

Though all was lifeless in this kingdom, there was still motion: soldiers in perpetual march along the cobbled roads. The cobbled roads were indistinguishable from the cobblestone walkways, cobblestone lawns, and cobblestone houses; in the center of it all was an enormous castle of the same lifeless stone as the rest of the kingdom.

On the outer edges of the island kingdom loomed hulking stone walls with guarded open arches in all cardinal directions. The soldiers shifted positions wordlessly, watching out with sleepy eyes towards the fairly calm ocean shadowed beneath the dark sky. They moved as clockwork moves along the glistening archways made of not stone, but a rare metal known as Wapometal. Wapometal being named after its inventor and the king of Black Drum, King Wapol.

King Wapol ruled tyrannically over the people of Black Drum Kingdom along side him in his tyranny was his bride, Kinderella, and his elder brother, Musshuru. Wapol was despised far and wide, being exiled from his last kingdom for his unjust cruelty. Despite his enemies and ill reputation he felt secure and powerful within his cobblestone citadel.

The evil man was thriving in this gloomy kingdom now more than he ever had in the snowy wasteland he left behind. Nothing in the South Blue could affect him, he was the untouchable king Wapol, wielder of the Baku Baku no Mi.

The king lies in his big comfortable bed, his beautiful bride lying in the bed next to his; the fireplace roared in their chambers at the zenith of one of the hundreds of off-shooting towers of the castle. With each wretched snore he pulled in the end tables rattled, the embers pulled closer from the fireplace and the king's pet, Hakowan, winced in his restless sleep.

Lord Musshuru however, walks along the empty streets, streetlights painting his vile face. He was looking for any who dare to break curfew; looking for any reason to let loose his powers, any reason to inflict suffering on one of the hapless Black Drum citizens.

A night like any other in Black Drum Kingdom...

@Fly God

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Narration
Thought
Speech

Pat pat pat. Yamamotos black sneakers plodded off of the cobble stone walkways that seemed to stretch for miles in every direction around the island

Wonder why it got so dark so fast? One minute I was jus floating around then like a switch it got pitch black, is this tha type of shit I used to hea those drunks back home ramble bout?

Pausing my inner thoughts, I gazed forward at the town that was growing in size the closer I got. Depression reeking off every inch and orifice ahead. Strangely enough no citizens or common folk seemed to be out only soldiers carrying out there assigned patrol duties with the most minimal of communication…..

Is this a military or something? It’s clearly daytime even if it is dark as hell out hea. Or is some kind of curfew in effect? Would they know that I escaped from that shithole prison? I really hope not. I’m not going back in there…..

That thought causing my eyes lose a bit of their sleepy countenance and sharpen up slightly, shrugging my shoulders I happened to glance at an impressively sized gothic looking building standing head and shoulders above all the other structures on the island. Seeing no one occupying tha stone lined streets. I decided to roam around to see if I could gleam any information from a straggler lounging about

Guess I’ll go see what’s going on in that big ass place, they might jus be having a big party in there. Which mean it’s prolly plenty things there that are worth something….

My grin spreads across my face at such a thought

Level 50
50x5=250
Strength: 46+15 = 61
Speed: 46+10+5 = 61
61x2 = 122
- Movement: 61
- Reaction: 61
Vitality: 46+15 = 61
61x2 = 122
- Stamina: 61
- Durability: 61
Haki: 69+5 = 74
74x2 = 148
- Armament: 74
- Precognition: 74
Martial Arts: 38x2 = 76
- Fishman Karate: 74
Professions: 50/10 = 5
- Devil Fruitology: 3
- Chemistry: 2

@Gochi

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The unwelcome visitor's footfall moved along the empty corridors and courtyards, windows of homes all shuttered and dark. Yama's presence was still unknown to the soldiers of The Black Drum Kingdom as they marched in their wordless perpetuity. The ruddy brown half-Fishman wandered along towards the center of the kingdom, passing alley after identical alley, headed for the stout castle at the kingdom center.

The winding cobbled maze making up the kingdom finally offered Yama a brief respite in the form of a large open courtyard.

For the first time since Yamamoto's arrival, the sky alit with a silent burst of light stifled still by the heavy clouds. In that brief moment of lowlight a large portrait (depicting the sneering face of a fat man with a metal mouth, pointy moustache, wearing the black hippo pelt atop his head) could be seen on the opposite wall to where Yama had entered from.
Below his face were words, engraved into the stone, unreadable from the distance and lack of light.

In the same courtyard were small romantic statues depicting the same man; some of him atop valiant steeds holding a sword, some of him as a cherub hold a harp or flute, each tackier than the last.

A brief moment passed before a loud clap of thunder fell upon the gloomy land. As darkness settled back into its rightful place, torchlight could be seen dancing from multiple corridors; shadows of soldiers marched towards Yama, the sound of bootfall getting closer with every moment.

Four pathways, three of them occupied by the glowing torches; only leaving one dark passage, the same way Yama had came from...

@Fly God

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Speech
Thought
Narration

the sky alit with a silent burst of light stifled still by the heavy clouds. In that brief moment of lowlight a large portrait (depicting the sneering face of a fat man with a metal mouth, pointy moustache, wearing the black hippo pelt atop his head) could be seen on the opposite wall to where Yama had entered from.
Such a bright flare of lighting illuminating tha desolate stone laden street for the spilt second or seconds it danced in the sky. Jus long enough to acknowledge and gag on the almost cartoon-esque portrait that laid before me

Wow…i really hope this was made it jest and not a serious thing, he looks like he was ripped straight out of a fuckin comic book for Christ sake

In the same courtyard were small romantic statues depicting the same man; some of him atop valiant steeds holding a sword, some of him as a cherub hold a harp or flute, each tackier than the last.
Man oh man whoever Mr Pointy-stache is either he’s a man of many talents or is a bitch with a lot of money and no friends. Kinda hoping it’s tha latter so robbing him will be worth being on this sad sack ass rock

As darkness settled back into its rightful place, torchlight could be seen dancing from multiple corridors; shadows of soldiers marched towards Yama, the sound of bootfall getting closer with every moment.

Gathering my thoughts I went to continue towards the castle while the shadows devoured the structures around me again. That was my plan until light caught my eye. It didn’t seem to be unnatural, it resembled the ambient light of a lit match but brighter and stronger, so more like a campfire. Then it hit me, campfires don’t move nor do they make the same sounds as boots colliding with stone, that’s when it hit me. They were torches, torches of whomever lived hea and they were coming closer to me. Encroaching on my current position from the left of me the right of me and even in front, giving me no way to hide from there advance. Realizing that I may have been found out gave pause to my advance and a tenseness to my posture that wasn’t there before, one thought reoccurring through my head….

Did they know I was already hea? What if they did and I’ve been walking into a trap this whole time? It could’ve been tha reason it was so easy to land on tha island, tch. Maybe they’ve been luring people into tha islands for years jus to trap and kidnap them. Nah I’m jus being paranoid….I hope. Only one way to find out now, let’s go say hello to tha guard dogs

Choosing to confront the encroaching glowing orange sources of light. I calmly stalked towards the center of the courtyard and waited. My hands carefully stuffed into the pockets of my pants….

@Gochi

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Choosing to confront the encroaching glowing orange sources of light. I calmly stalked towards the center of the courtyard and waited. My hands carefully stuffed into the pockets of my pants….
The bounty hunter, stepping into the center of the courtyard, would hear a pitiful voice quietly emerge from behind him:
Had someone been following Yama from the shadows this whole time?

"Hide, it's past curfew. They'll kill you."
The source of the voice, still hidden, sounded like it belonged to that of a child.

With no further time to so much as turn and face the source of the voice there was a new voice, much louder and far more aggressive.
"Curfew violator!" Came a cry from the approaching glow of torchlight. "Halt, under order of his majesty and might, King Wapol!"
In response to the cry, the other sources of torchlight hastened towards Yamamoto's location, all repeating the message with slight differences of delivery and choices of honorifics bestowed upon their king's name.

The small courtyard began to alight, the cobblestone catching the harsh light; a jarring switch from the smothering darkness. The new rush of light allowed a better view of Wapol's horrid mug plastered in front of Yama, in full color.

TESTAMENTS OF WAPOL
1. OBEY THE KING (OR DIE).
The three groups of guards collapsed in from the passages, all with weapons drawn (except those holding torches). As the light fell upon the fishman's face it was made apparent that he was no mere curfew breaker; this was an intruder. Immediately, the soldiers began barking at the fishman.
A few of the soldiers from each group backed away and made off down the three paths they had approached from; leaving twenty-four total soldiers with swords and guns drawn, and three merely holding torches.
Black Drum Soldiers (24)
level 15
15x5=75
17x2=34
22x2=4
20x2=40
Orders such as "Kneel before the guard!" and "Identify yourself!" came out but it clearly didn't matter to the soldiers making the demands, their bodies were already carrying out their ever-present orders before it seemed their minds could even process, they were encircling the fishman and attempting to close in on Yamamoto from all angles.

@Fly God

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Speech
Narration
Thought

Curfew violator!" Came a cry from the approaching glow of torchlight. "Halt, under order of his majesty and might, King Wapol!"
Curfew? Is that why this shit so dead? Makes sense now but why y’all need a curfew? Don’t like like it’s much crime around hea?

Was my response to the approaching guards and increase in the torches growth. Their cries of indignation did nothing to scare me I was more concerned with the voice I heard from the fledgling citizen as it confirmed that someone was there the whole time and I hadn't noticed. Not to mention the people coming towards me seemed no more threatening than the guards that we had in jail

The small courtyard began to alight, the cobblestone catching the harsh light; a jarring switch from the smothering darkness. The new rush of light allowed a better view of Wapol's horrid mug plastered in front of Yama, in full color.
Why is his jaw metal!? Hahaha, looks like someone beat your “mighty” king wapol

Looking at the picture again I finally noticed the message that accompanied the photo

“Obey the King (Or Die)”

Hmm….so what if I don’t wanna obey?

I questioned, while folding my arms and gazing at the surrounding crowd through lazy eyes

Orders such as "Kneel before the guard!" and "Identify yourself!" came out but it clearly didn't matter to the soldiers making the demands, their bodies were already carrying out their ever-present orders before it seemed their minds could even process, they were encircling the fishman and attempting to close in on Yamamoto from all angles.
Well looks like they’ve made up their minds, they ready to die for tha Mighty King Wapol. I respect it but hey y’all funeral

Coming to that conclusion in my head I straight up and unfold my arms before widening my stance and pulling my right fist back before throwing it forward and calling out my attack or deceleration of attack

Karakusagawara Seiken!

Karakusagawara Seiken (literally meaning "Arabesque Tile True Punch"): The user punches at a fair distance from the intended target(s), so instead of the fist connecting, it uses the water vapor in the air to release a shock wave that sends them flying. This move is similar to Bartholomew Kuma's Pad Ho with the only difference being that the shock waves are not concentrated upon being released; but in exchange, it has a much wider area of effect. This move has a delayed effect, as the shock wave takes a while to affect the opponent(s).
Requirements: 61 Mastery, 61 Strength
Destructive Potency Rank: D

@Gochi

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The guarded soldiers carefully encroached closer and closer to the bounty hunter, swords and rifles at the ready. Patiently they crept forward, like nervous coyotes, they eyed the half-fishman carefully and would give each other quick glances. Finally, Yama broke the creeping tension with an attack that seemed nearly impossible to witness from the perspective of the soldiers.
Karakusagawara Seiken!
The soldiers seemed unharmed by the attack, they looked to each other with bewildered expressions, then as quickly as they began preparing to charge at Yama; a shockwave produced by the fishman karate technique erupted, launching a group of the men across the courtyard. The sound of metal clattering against stone rang out in a chorus as swords fell from hands and metal chest-pieces brutally slammed into stone.

Some seemed to die upon impact with the walls and hard ground, others groaned out in agony as they held onto consciousness.
Casualties: 4, Incapacitated: 4 | 16 standing soldiers
The difference in power between the intruder and them was quickly established.

From behind, a barrel-chested and scarred man lunged at Yamamoto, blade first. The other soldiers backed away, cautiously preparing their rifles for firing.
"Back away from him!" Shouted one soldier. "Prepare to fire!" Shouted another.
-Black Drum Drive: Using one sword wielded in his left hand, with his other hand placed around the left for support: The user charges and drives their blade straight forward into their opponent. (40 Mastery, 22 Strength and 11 Movement Speed) Destructive Potency Rank: C

As the noise carried through the otherwise hushed kingdom, Musshuru (still looking for trouble) began towards the source of the ruckus.
"Mushushushu!" He laughed. "What sort of hippo-head would make such a commotion past curfew!?"

@Fly God

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Speech
Thought
Narration

Clank! The soldiers of Black Drums armor ricocheted off of the building that encapsulated the courtyard. Crumpled over in a heap they laid from taking my attack head on. The shockwave of my punch ripping through the glorified cannon fodder like a knife through butter south no respite in it. The ones that weren’t granted and instant death from the head on assault looked worse for wear and didn’t look to be in much shape to carry on. That only left the soldiers who were lucky enough to be spared the brunt of my Karakusagawara Seikem….for now atleast. Before I could finish taking in my surroundings I heard a loud shout from the crowd of surviving guards

From behind, a barrel-chested and scarred man lunged at Yamamoto, blade first.
Hearing the colliding of the metal armor that appeared to be customary in the islands security caught my attention. Turning I saw one of the soldiers in midd air diving with his sword drawn and extended forward, his intention clear. Not wanting to end up as an accessory on the end of his blade, I stepped to the right of his stroke and thrust my knuckles into torso before grabbing him by the collar of his armor and throwing him at the soldiers who remained

Senmaigawara Seiken (literally meaning "Thousand Tile True Punch"): A much stronger version of the Hyaku Maigawara Seiken. It can break through one thousand tiles, and kill a human with one shot.

Requirements: 41 Mastery, 41 Strength

Destructive Potency Rank: B

Now that my attention was back to where it was originally, I registered what the shout I heard prior to the attack on my flank meant and saw the remaining guards raising their guns at me

"Back away from him!" Shouted one soldier. "Prepare to fire!" Shouted another.
You guys really wanna keep doing this huh? This wapol guy must be a helluva man for you all to be willing to die for em….

My face darkening the longer I spoke to these obviously spineless cretins, they either feared this “King Wapol” enough to die instead of facing him or they were blindly loyal…..neither option appealed much to me

The other soldiers backed away, cautiously preparing their rifles for firing.
Can’t waste too much energy on these weaklings, someone is bound to hea all this noise and come checking who it is

Was my final thought before I charged at the trembling wood be guardsmen, preceding my charge by punching the air again

Karakusagawara Seiken (literally meaning "Arabesque Tile True Punch"): The user punches at a fair distance from the intended target(s), so instead of the fist connecting, it uses the water vapor in the air to release a shock wave that sends them flying. This move is similar to Bartholomew Kuma's Pad Ho with the only difference being that the shock waves are not concentrated upon being released; but in exchange, it has a much wider area of effect. This move has a delayed effect, as the shock wave takes a while to affect the opponent(s).

@Gochi

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Blade first, the soldier's serious demeanor hardened as his target began to turn and face him. He started to let loose a small cry of effort as he lunged forward.
Turning I saw one of the soldiers in midd air diving with his sword drawn and extended forward, his intention clear. Not wanting to end up as an accessory on the end of his blade, I stepped to the right of his stroke and thrust my knuckles into torso before grabbing him by the collar of his armor and throwing him at the soldiers who remained
The soldier, for all his courage and readiness, was out-sped by Yama. The bounty hunter effortlessly dodged to the side of the blade and plunged his fist into the man's chest. The sound of bones crackling beneath the man's skin overpowered the sound of the metal breast-plate bowing inwards. With no time to even process his own death, the man was sent through the air towards his fellow soldiers. The dead man's weight knocked a few of the soldiers to the ground.

Casualties: 1, Incapacitated: 3 | 12 soldiers left standing
Fear and panic was beginning to overtake the majority of them; the guards now were split into two groups (not counting the 3 torch-bearers).
One group, the group he had just thrown a corpse at, trembled and begged for mercy.
The other group, originally to Yama's left (though it would now be his right since he turned around), prepared their rifles despite the apparent hopelessness of their situation.

Karakusagawara Seiken
Nothing happened initially, the soldiers had seen this before...An impact was coming that would blow them all around the courtyard like mere ragdolls.
"FIRE!" Shouted one of them, and as a final act they let loose a volley of bullets upon their assailant. Eight shots rang out.
Fire!!: Along with their allies, the user fires their rifle once to help complete a volley of shots. (40 Mastery) C-rank bullets, Destructive Potency Rank: C
[x8]

And it seemed as soon as the last soldier fired his rifle, a tremendous shockwave launched their bodies in all directions. Life being snuffed out effortlessly by the half-fishman.
Causalities: 8 | 4 soldiers left standing
"Please..." Whimpered an injured soldier sprawled across the ground with a warped arm splayed out behind him. "No more..."
"Wh-what do you want?" Asked another soldier, nervously, without looking up from the bloodied ground.

The torches, now with no bearers, ominously lit Yamamoto from below. The light of the flames flickering across his caramel complexion.

"Don't kill us..."

@Fly God

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Narration
Thought
Speech

Standing there with the warmth of the torch licking at the exposed skin of my ankle. It’s copper hue seeming to glow in the dimmed light I peered down at the bodies strewn across the courtyard. The fragrance of iron starting to permeate the air. My gaze sweeping across the carnage I had caused in such a short period of time, what started out with almost 3 dozen soldiers had dwindled down to a paltry handful. Not even enough to seriously pose a challenge

"FIRE!" Shouted one of them, and as a final act they let loose a volley of bullets upon their assailant. Eight shots rang out.
As I continued my charge, I faintly picked up the sound of a man’s panicked shout. Focusing on it I was able to make out the word “Fire!” Only then did I remember that they still had guns and that his shout was to shoot me dead. Frantically I skidded myself to a halt and crouched, laying my hands flat on the cobblestone walkways that we were fighting on. I gripped my fingers in between the rocks and squeezed. Crushing the rocks in front of me and spraying them upwards into the path of the bullets, the gunfire ricocheting of the the upturned earth

Soshark (literally meaning "Rough Shark"): The user uses his tremendous strength and grip to crush large walls of stone.

Requirements: 21 Mastery, 41 Strength

"Please..." Whimpered an injured soldier sprawled across the ground with a warped arm splayed out behind him. "No more..."
"Wh-what do you want?" Asked another soldier, nervously, without looking up from the bloodied ground.
Tch…weaklings. They were more than willing to kill first and ask questions later when they had tha advantage and didn’t know I was stronger than them. Now that they realize that they’re hopelessly outclassed they grovel at tha feet of those stronger than them. I despise people like that, jus looking for tha easy way in life. Never wanting to stand on their own two feet like a man….glorified children

Breaking myself out of my own mental dialogue. I shifted my sight to the man who asked what I wanted. I raised my right arm up and quickly gripped him by the throat. Ripping the oxygen from his chest, my grip ever tightening

What do I want? Hmm, I want a lot of things most of which you can’t give to me. So we’ll make it something easy….tell me bout this “King Wapol” guy on tha picture. You all seem oh so willing to throw your lives away for em so I jus wanna get to know him a lil bit. Y’now….have a lil chat and whatnot

@Gochi

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The remaining lives nervously doddered or sank to the ground, overtaken with fear. These pale-faced men had just watched this figure deflect bullets with the very cobble they cowered on.
Breaking myself out of my own mental dialogue. I shifted my sight to the man who asked what I wanted. I raised my right arm up and quickly gripped him by the throat. Ripping the oxygen from his chest, my grip ever tightening
"No please!" The man blurted as the hand gripped out towards him. The other men watched nervously as the fishman grabbed their colleague by his throat. He frantically gasped and swallowed any air he could muster as tears rolled down his cheeks.
What do I want? Hmm, I want a lot of things most of which you can’t give to me. So we’ll make it something easy….tell me bout this “King Wapol” guy on tha picture. You all seem oh so willing to throw your lives away for em so I jus wanna get to know him a lil bit. Y’now….have a lil chat and whatnot
"Any-..." He choked out. "Anything you-... want!"
"Don't kill him!" Shouted a scrawny soldier covered in sweat. "Please don't kill anyone else!"
The young soldier's eyes were desperate, with a sense of sincere remorse. He bowed his head to Yama...

"SHADE DANCE!" Cried out a new voice from behind Yama. (Approaching from the North). Along with the voice came a rain of pink bullets that seemed focused on the sniveling soldiers. The attack seemed to pierce into every solider except the one in Yama's hand.

"You cowards are sickening. 'Please don't kill anyone else~!' BAH!" He mocked the dying men. "You call yourselves soldiers? Watch THIS!"

Musshuru
level 30
30x5=150
Strength: 40+6=46
Speed: 40+6=46
46x2=92
-Reaction: 46
-Movement: 46
Vitality: 29+6=35
35x2=70
-Durability: 35
-Stamina: 35
Devil Fruit: 41

With that, the new arrival, Musshuru jumped into the air and threw his head forward once more to shower Yamamoto with a second barrage of this attack.
Shade Dance (傘乱舞シェードダンス Shēdo Dansu?, literally translated as "Umbrella Chaotic Dance"): Musshuru rapidly fires concentrated bullets of spores at the enemy from his hair. They have the appearance of pink energy bullets. The bullets apply "low poison" (31 Mastery, 21 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: C

Low poison: slowly does small amounts of damage (D rank). lasts for 3 turns. Requires at least 31 mastery

"SHADE DANCE!"

@Fly God

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Narration
Speech
Thought

"SHADE DANCE!" Cried out a new voice from behind Yama. (Approaching from the North). Along with the voice came a rain of pink bullets that seemed focused on the sniveling soldiers. The attack seemed to pierce into every solider except the one in Yama's hand.
What tha hell? Who is this guy?

Were the thoughts surging through my mind as I watched this newcomer massacre the remaining men at the courtyard. He seemed to do so with little to no care for the people he had just shot to death with his strangely colored projectiles. Which he fired from his hair. His shots were not aimed me nor the soldier secured within my grasp, whether he missed on purpose or was making a point was still to be seen

"You cowards are sickening. 'Please don't kill anyone else~!' BAH!" He mocked the dying men. "You call yourselves soldiers? Watch THIS!"
Seeing that I had now become the target of his aim. I stood, lifted the choking soldier into the air as I got to my full height and jumped backwards, but not before lobbing him into the coming fire of pink bullet like projectiles. Landing a few feet away I squared my shoulders and asked the pink haired airborne man

Hey you hair guy, what’s your deal? Between these mooks and now you I’m starting to think people on this island say hello with a hail of gunfire?

@Gochi

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Darkness crept on to settle back into the courtyard as the torches began sizzling out.

Seeing that I had now become the target of his aim. I stood, lifted the choking soldier into the air as I got to my full height and jumped backwards, but not before lobbing him into the coming fire of pink bullet like projectiles. Landing a few feet away I squared my shoulders and asked the pink haired airborne man
Lord Musshuru unleashed a hailstorm of bright pink projectiles upon the intruder but was foiled by the useless meat shield writhing on the ground. The man clung to life for but a moment before steaming lines of purplish smoke emitted from his wounds. The dying man released an anguished, gurgling cry with his last breath.

The irritated devil fruit user sneered at the smoldering man lying on the ground a few yards from him, he spit at the dead body.

"That's what happens when you oppose me, Lord Musshuru, and (by extension) my brother, the king."

"Here take a better look!"
He said snidely as he gently flicked a button on the back of a small snail, moments later searing spotlights (settled atop the buildings) flicked on; powerful light rained down on the bloodied courtyard.

Between Musshuru and Yama was a pupilless, diseased husk lying lifeless with thin wisps of faintly purple gas finally ceasing their emission from the holes put into his flesh. "Mushushushu!" He chortled.

"You are now observing the aftermath of the effects of my devil fruit power!" The lord proclaimed. "The Noko Noko no Mi!"

The sound of a rifle sounded out as a bullet streaked out of the darkness from presumably a rooftop. Likely another soldier, the source of the attack remained unseen in the heavy darkness surrounding the spotlight now on Yamamoto.

Black Drum Soldier (1)
level 15
15x5=75
17x2=34
22x2=4
20x2=40

C-rank bullet, Destructive Potency Rank: C

@Fly God

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Speech
Thought
Narration

The sound of a rifle sounded out as a bullet streaked out of the darkness from presumably a rooftop. Likely another soldier, the source of the attack remained unseen in the heavy darkness surrounding the spotlight now on Yamamoto.
No sooner did the newly arrived Musshuru finish his monologue was I under assault again, this time from the void of darkness that stalked jus outside of the reach of the spotlight that had now joined our deadly dance. I couldn’t be sure, but it did appear to be the same kind of shots that the previous guards were so fond of using. Which bode well for me since I was able to dodge those shots before. Although I could see them before, this time it was beyond my vision to pick out the shooter. Seeing as I had no way of knowing who shot at me at that moment, I decided it was best to not let it strike home and pushed off the ground with as much force as I could and made a B-line for the pink haired man. There was doubt in my heart making such a move. I had no idea where the bullet was aimed at or if the shooters aim was to strike true. What I was certain of at that moment was that if he was in fact one of the guards he wouldn’t shoot the pink haired man considering he claimed himself to be the brother of the current king of this town. That was a price too high for any of the cowardly guardsmen to pay if their previous actions were anything to go by

As I made my move for Musshuru, what he had said at the end of his speech caught my attention….

Devil Fruit Power? Is that one of those fruits I always heard people talkin bout back home? Them weird ass ones that give you a random power in exchange for drowning if ya get in tha water? So he ate one o’ em huh, we’ll he’s more dangerous than tha trash from before. Guess I should be more careful with em

Closing the distance between myself and Musshuru. I decided to try out another of my techniques I had been working on before I landed on the isle……

Stopping my charge a few inches from the now identified Musshuru. My kimono flared around me from the sudden cease in my movement, a small dust cloud erupting around the two of us. The spotlights illuminating gaze slightly disrupted from the dust cloud. Wasting no time I thrust my left palm forward, aiming for the middle of his chest in an effort to cave it in. My intention clear, finish the newcomer

Samehada Shotei (literally meaning "Sharkskin Palm Block"): A simple palm block with enough force behind it to slap away a sword swing from the shadow-powered Gekko Moriah.

Requirements: 41 Mastery, 61 Strength

@Gochi

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Seeing as I had no way of knowing who shot at me at that moment, I decided it was best to not let it strike home and pushed off the ground with as much force as I could and made a B-line for the pink haired man.
As Yama broke into a dash, the bullet missed where he had just been standing. The fishman moved in quickly towards Musshuru.

Stopping my charge a few inches from the now identified Musshuru...Wasting no time I thrust my left palm forward, aiming for the middle of his chest in an effort to cave it in. My intention clear, finish the newcomer
Lord Musshuru, immediately taken aback by Yamamoto's speed quickly prepared to counter an incoming attack. His arm began to spin as Yama's palm came within a mere second of contact with his chest.
"SPIN DRILL!" The lord proclaimed desperately. The spinning drill met with the incoming palm.
Spin Drill (スピンドリル Supin Doriru?): Musshuru transforms his hand into a drill and strikes the enemy, spreading his spores into the wound at the same time. This attack applies "low poison".
Low poison: slowly does small amounts of damage (D rank). lasts for 3 turns. Requires at least 31 mastery (41 Mastery, 41 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: B
The pink-haired man's eyes widened as the impact sent an initial shock of pain running through his arm, then after a brief moment under the immense pressure of the attack was sent backwards. Musshuru nearly smashed into the stone wall behind him, but braced and met the wall with his feet.
He fell to the ground and looked at the fishman with purple wisps of gaseous poison ribboning from his left palm. Musshuru staggered to his feet and readied himself should Yama lunge at him again.

Another bullet rang out through the dense Black Kingdom atmosphere; another shot taken at Yama from the darkness!...
C-rank bullet, Destructive Potency Rank: C

The sound of rushing soldiers once more echoed out from the half-lit tunnels, seemingly all of the tunnels.
"Pirate scum..." Musshuru hissed out, spitting a bit of blood from his mouth as he did so.

@Fly God

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thought
Narration
Speech

Grimacing slightly at the collision of our hands,I tried clenching it to work out whatever pain was there. But that was just it, the pain wasn’t from the collision itself. I was much stronger than the mushroomed man was. Peering down to inspect my palm the spotlight above helping to make things out clearly. I saw purple tendrils making their way out of the skin on my palms. I noticed my hand didn’t close and open as quickly as it did before and that my body in general had slowed up some. It was then I realized it. I was poisoned. Registering that I watched in satisfaction as Musshuru ricocheted backwards and almost caved the wall behind him. Softening his landing at the last second….unfortunately

The seriousness of the situation had certainly just ramped up in my mind. This “Lord Musshuru” was without question head and shoulders above any ion the soldiers from before and needed to be treated as such

Musshuru staggered to his feet and readied himself should Yama lunge at him again.

Another bullet rang out through the dense Black Kingdom atmosphere; another shot taken at Yama from the darkness!...
Before I could close the distance on the recovering Lord Mushroom. Another accursed shot erupted from the suffocating dark gloom around us. I heard the bullet and attempted to evade it as I had done the previous ones. But this time with the apparent poison running through my body, I was slow to react causing the round to pierce my left shoulder. I slammed my right palm over the now leaking gunshot wound. I tried to slow the bleeding down by applying more and more pressure to the afflicted area, while it wasn’t life threatening it was still bothersome and an unnecessary injury I had sustained

Dammit, I was careless. I didn’t think there would be any kinda threat on this shithole depressed island and I got shot for it….god dammit. Plus there’s someone in the shadows trying to shoot me down too. Man this shit turned quick

Closing my eyes for a quick second and focused on my breathing, trying to calm myself down and think rationally.

Hidden sniper or not this fuckin guy is tha threat hea. If I can kill em fast enough, I should be able to find tha shooter relatively easily. On tha other hand I really don’t wanna take too many more

The sound of rushing soldiers once more echoed out from the half-lit tunnels, seemingly all of the tunnels.
Fuck, what I didn’t need. More canon fodder to help this bastard out

I whispered out to myself. Not wasting anymore time, I thrust my fist towards Musshuru hurling a shockwave formed by water vapor in the air

@Gochi

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I was slow to react causing the round to pierce my left shoulder. I slammed my right palm over the now leaking gunshot wound. I tried to slow the bleeding down by applying more and more pressure to the afflicted area, while it wasn’t life threatening it was still bothersome and an unnecessary injury I had sustained
Seeing Yama's reaction to the bullet and poison, Musshuru seemed to let his guard down a bit. A smile began to creep across his face, he sensed a change in the tides.
"Looking hopeless for you now, hippo-head! Accept death with diIII--!!" Musshuru's voice picked up frantically as Yama seemed to throw a sort of punch...
Musshuru hesitated for a moment; slightly braced but also confused, "..ignity...?" he finished.

Tension hung for only a brief moment... Then the delayed shockwave all at once sent the pink-haired lord into the wall he had previously rebounded off of. The cobblestone shattered off from behind him as his body impacted heavily...

"GAH!" Musshuru's lungs expelled all their air with the impact. The mushroom-man sank to the ground, still alive and conscious. His vision was weakening but, he remained as steadfast as possible.
He clenched his fist. "I'm sure you've worked out the effects of my spores..." He said. "...And it still gets worse for you..."

Musshuru rose to his feet and spit a bit more blood from his mouth, now swelling. The lord rose his arms above his head.
"SNOW SPORE!" He proclaimed.

Snow Spore (雪胞子スノウ・スポール Sunō Supōru?): Musshuru releases a massive wave of spores from his body, infecting and effectively paralyzing any living creatures that breathes it in. Fire neutralizes these spores. This attack inflicts "mid poison" and "minor paralysis"*.

Minor paralysis: affected moves slower slightly. lasts for 2 turns. Requires at least 31 mastery
Mid poison: does an average amount of damage (C rank). lasts for 4-5 turns. Requires at least 51 mastery

*This attack has been weakened to reflect Musshuru's stats. The standard requirements and effects would be higher.
Purple fumed rolles quickly off of Musshuru!
A poisonous cloud of spores rushed forward towards Yamamoto, should Yama breathe any of the spores in it may spell disaster...

@Fly God

Last edited:
Top Bottom