One Piece Cb2405's Theory Topic: The One Piece is a Data Archive

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hi thrillerbark,

I am presenting a theory concerning the treasure One Piece.

The One Piece is a data archive. A library.

Library
noun
noun: library; plural noun: libraries
  1. a building or room containing collections of books, periodicals, and sometimes films and recorded music for people to read, borrow, or refer to.
    "a school library"
    • a collection of books and periodicals held in a library.
      "the Institute houses an outstanding library of 35,000 volumes on the fine arts"
    • a room in a private house where books are kept.
      "there was a library that Uncle Hilbert used as his study"
    • a series of books, recordings, etc., issued by the same company and similar in appearance.
    • a collection of films, recorded music, genetic material, etc., organized systematically and kept for research or borrowing.
      "a record library"
    • COMPUTING
      a collection of programs and software packages made generally available, often loaded and stored on disk for immediate use.
      noun: software library; plural noun: software libraries
      "download any of thousands of programs from our software libraries"
Specifically, it is a library in the sense of the fourth definition. The One Piece is a collection of genetic material organized systematically and kept for research or borrowing; "a record library".

It's difficult to explain everything about this theory... because it involves concepts from other works. Namely, Star Trek.

In Star Trek, there are two groups of people that share underlying themes with the Family of D and the Ancient Kingdom.

1. The Iconians (The First Race Created by The Preservers)
- The Iconians were an advanced civilization that was attacked by an alliance of civilizations 200,000 years ago.
- The Family of D were an advanced civilization that was attacked by an alliance of civilizations 800 years ago.
- When the Iconian civilization was destroyed, a piece of technology had gone missing. The World Heart.
- When the Family of D's civilization was destroyed, a piece of technology had gone missing. The One Piece.
- The World Heart is a Data Archive. A library containing the genetic records of the Iconians and every species they had encountered.
- The One Piece is a Data Archive. A library that contains genetic records of the Family of D's civilization and every species they had encountered.
- The Iconians created servitor species to do their bidding. They sometimes refer to them as "pets" or as "children".

2. The Preservers.
- The Preservers were the first sentient life forms to exist at the early development of the universe.
- The Preservers created all other life forms in the universe by seeding worlds.
- The Preservers refer to the life forms they created as "children".
- The Preservers died before their "children" could evolve into sentient life forms.
- The Preservers created all other life forms in their own image.
- The Preservers each contain the information of their entire species in their own genetic coding.
- The Preservers refer to themselves as computers. So, they would be referring again to the definition of a library just in the sense of computing. See above.
- The Preservers were not warlike. They had nobody to war with, except each other.
- The Preservers originated the ideals of (1) peace (2) knowledge (3) truth (3) justice and (5) freedom. The Iconians merely adapted these ideals from them.

Warlike Nation or Peaceful Nation?
Both the Iconians and the Preservers end up getting attacked because other people heard myths about the existence of advanced technology that was created by them. However, in both cases, the Iconians and the Preservers end up being peace-loving knowledge-keepers who have a distaste for violence and bloodshed despite being rumored to possess weapons of mass destruction.

The World Heart
The World Heart was an ancient artifact created by the Iconian species countless thousands of years ago. It contains all information about the Iconian race, such as genetic information from all species of their home world and their colony worlds and all the species' culture, history, and philosophy.

By using the World Heart, the Iconians could rebuild their civilization if it were destroyed. However, by losing the World Heart, they lost all the information stated above and that was no longer an option. Similarly, the Preservers own bodies function in the same manner as the World Heart does for the Iconians. This may represent a hereditary flaw in the design of the Iconians whereby they could no longer "preserve" information in their own bodies, and thereby they resorted to "preserve" information inside a World Heart instead.

Lineage Factor
- Lineage Factor is just one aspect of the manipulation of genetic coding. This theory proposes that the Family of D, and the Ancient Kingdom, had a greater understanding concerning the manipulation of genetic coding than any modern scientists in the current era including Vegapunk or Judge or any of the members of the MADS research team.

In conclusion: the Family of D is like the Iconians and the Preservers in many ways. First, they are an ancient civilization with great ideals. Second, they were attacked by an alliance of other civilizations. Third, they lost an ancient artifact. The ancient artifact, the One Piece, may be a data archive. A library holding genetic information like the kind of information held by the Preservers and the Iconians.

Note: In the back of Oda's mind, every time he's asked about what the One Piece is, ... "How are they going to react when I tell them the One Piece is a library... it is supposed to be a joke! You know oh haha we go on treasure hunt and all we find is a library? But libraries are cool! I spent much of my youth in libraries. Well, I guess that's not very cool. But even if they don't like libraries, I hope they can like my story."

Usopp: Rayleigh! If you know the history of the Void Century, then, please tell us what the One--
Luffy: Usopp!!! Stop it!!!
Luffy: If I find out what the One Piece is I'll quit being a pirate, right now!
Rayleigh: One Piece? Oh, it's a data archive. A library.
Luffy: A library? *blinks*
Luffy: I am going to go fishing.
Usopp: What? Where are you going to go fishing? Luffy??
Luffy: East Blue. I quit being a pirate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom