General Chapter Secrets - 967

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Because I miss to discuss Arturs great chapter Reviews while not being the greatest fan of Reddit discussions I am going to frequently post Arturs work in Thrillerbark.

The original post can be find on Arturs homepage: https://thelibraryofohara.com/

For everyone who is not up to Date Artur decided to wait to publish his chapter secrets with the official release and not with the release of scanlation anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That's a pretty good and detailed review of the chapter
This is always the case, thats why I love Arturs reviews. He points almost every tiny detail of the chapters, you should check out his homepage.

There also NoxDrax (dawnofonepiece[dot]com) but sadly it seems like he stopped reviewing.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Joyoboyo stuff is lit.. When u see the connection between Java and Jaya, we may speculate that SHP has to return to where they started in order to unveil the secrets of the void century..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Y. This is one of his best reviews! Allthough I am waiting for his special which he announced like 5-10 Chapter secrets ago.
Stuff like this encourages me to reread chapters.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What if there is a giant Sea King that ate the poneglyph?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I still remember the first time he did his chapter secrets, it was in early Zou arc, and some members in OJ were giving him feedback and over time, he dramatically improved; I remember even back then, he would point out all these tiny details that people would miss easily, even down to the point of the architecture of the buildings.

He's come really far since then, and it's great to see how amazing this guy is... and even with the recognition in the OP subreddit and the followers he's had, he still has this open-minded, easy-going, down-to-earth personality, who would also consider other people's corrections on errors he may have made.... unlike some people who would be all narcissistic and smug once they've had the recognition, influence and followers.. but not artur.

Like always, this was a wonderful analysis of the chapter..
And artur even goes more in-depth here as well.

What if there is a giant Sea King that ate the poneglyph?
That would be really interesting actually, like a Jabu-Jabu version of One Piece.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
- After reading his take on the nature of One Piece, I took a closer look at those scenes depicting Roger and Co. What immediately came into focus was the glaring white background, much like that of a blank canvas or the page of a book...or a manga panel bereft/sparsely populated with art and dialogue.

Same as artur, I doubt the implication here is that One Piece is some kinda meta, fourth-wall-breaking McGuffin. Rather, it reminded me of that thread posted a while back about the possibility of Oden's logbook becoming an important plot element. That in turn got me wondering whether the Poneglyphs and One Piece itself may essentially be just that...a logbook of sorts, be it in terms of form or basic function; perhaps even an uber recording device of sorts one can pour their entire thoughts, memories, or even essence into, sorta like the Pensieve from the Harry Potter books and films? Maybe even something that can allow one more....direct and instantaneous access to said memories? Cuz Roger and Co. sure as hell didn't have enough time to read/watch the entire history of the world in one sitting.

What's more, the "grainy" debris floating around the background in the aforementioned panels in particular really brought to mind a projector screen. And considering there exist transponder snails capable of producing functioning as living projectors...well, that got me wondering if the One Piece itself may be some kinda God-tier, psychic Transponder Snail that can not only record in a person's mind, but project it as well. Are Roger and Co. literally staring into the whiteness or even glaring light of such a creature's eyes lol?

Or perhaps some kinda giant pearl, shell, or combination thereof that function kinda like Sharley's crystal ball or the tone dials of Skypeia? All the above?

ONE PIECE: A MAGICAL MOLLUSK CAMERA RECORDER?

Regardless of its exact nature, if it turns out the One Piece is some kinda virtual logbook of sorts, might partly explain why Roger left it behind for others to find: similar to what he did on Skypeia, Roger simply logged his own entry, intending for his successor to continue from where he left off..an ongoing story relayed by multiple people, a composite work...LIKE THE BIBLE ( only unedited lulz )

Just some thoughts. End rambling.

- If we're to presume Joyboy was the last person to set foot on Laugh Tale, than that would notably entail that Joyboy not only having survived the fall of the Ancient Kingdom and the consequent fallout, but likewise living through the entirety of the Void Century. After all, for the Roger Pirates to have conclusively learned everything about this time period means they've must've received this intel from one whose experiences span its entirety up through to its conclusion. And the Roger Pirates -- or at least Roger and Rayleigh -- don't strike me as the kinda guys who'd go making such bold claims off of conjecture based on incomplete info.

Assuming this is correct, this raises some interesting questions. Given he likely must've possessed a rather long lifespan, one has to wonder about Joyboy's species. And what exactly did he get up to in a post-Ancient Kingdom, World Government-dominated world?

Given all the current hoopla about Luffy being a reincarnated Joyboy, I think the answer meshes with a theory I've stood by for quite a while: Luffy ( the Monkey King ) ironically ( and perhaps even poetically ) being the reincarnation of...this guy, the Ox King.

Needless to say, I'm curious to see how Oden will react upon first meeting Kaido and seeing his horns. May tie A LOT of lingering plot threads together.

Top Bottom