One Piece Character Investigations [2]: Ms. Bakkin and Edward Weevil [Soul Transmogrification]

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hello Thriller Bark Community,

I am creating what is to be considered my 2nd installment of my Character Investigations series. This character investigation is about Ms. Bakkin and her "son" Edward Weevil. I'm not going to lie, this is going to be a bizarre line of reasoning with an even more bizarre conclusion.

There is one very contentious argument against this particular investigation. That is, some people have told me in the past this could really hurt Whitebeard's character and they aren't wrong. However, I wouldn't put it past the author to do something like this either. I think he likes to play with the concept of disposition: Whitebeard and Edward Weevil share a kind of disposition that alludes to a common characteristic.

Ms. Bakkin may possess Soul Transmigration abilities:
- Transmigration Devil Fruit Ability: In the past, I've said this idea has "Frankenstein" qualities. I propose that Ms. Bakkin may have a Soul Transmigration Devil Fruit ability that allows her to take the soul of a person and put it into another vessel. Personally, I think this idea may share similarities with Gecko Moria's ability to take a person's shadow and then use it to reanimate a dead body. However, the difference with this idea is that Ms. Bakkin is using a person's soul directly rather than a substitute for one like a shadow was for Moria's ability.

- Reanimated Corpse: I am concerned that Ms. Bakkin may have taken Whitebeard's soul shortly after he died at the Paramount War, and then used a makeshift body to contain it. In other words, Edward Weevil's body may be a reanimated corpse with Whitebeard's soul in it.

Edward Weevil isn't a Real Person:
- Armament Proficiency: One of the aspects of reincarnation includes armament proficiencies. A person who has died and passed onto a new life is sometimes able to recognize things they were familiar with in their past lives. The reason why Edward Weevil uses the same kind of weaponry that Whitebeard himself uses may be because Whitebeard simply gravitates toward that kind of weaponry in any of his incarnations.

- Physical Strength: One of the characteristics of Whitebeard's soul is that it was a powerful soul. It contained a large amount of Life Force and Vital Energy. The reason why Edward Weevil has strength reminiscent of Whitebeard may be because the soul he's using contains the same amount of Life Force and Vital Energy that Whitebeard himself did.

- Immature Behavior: It almost seems like Edward Weevil is ... a big dunce. For lack of better words. However, I think it may be possible there may be an explanation for that. He may not be just a big stupid guy. He might be literally like just a couple years old emotionally considering his body may have been created around the same time the Paramount War was happening.

- Disposition: I think the author likes to use disposition as a plot device. Whitebeard and Edward Weevil share a common characteristic of highly valuing the concept of a family. They respond to events in their life differently, though, based on disposition. Whitebeard didn't have a family, so he called his pirate crew his family. Edward Weevil already has a family, his family is Whitebeard and Ms. Bakkin. His dad was killed, though, so he seeks revenge against Blackbeard. Whitebeard fights for his Sons and Edward Weevil fights for his Dad. That's the contrast.

Okay. That's the gist of it. Ms. Bakkin is a mad scientist (Devil Fruit user) that created a Frankenstein with Whitebeard's soul that now rampages at her command. I know. I know. That's a hell of a thing to put out there. I'm sure almost nobody would like it to happen lol ...

I just have a strange feeling about that guy (and now you know why).

---

If a Moderator sees this do me a favor and change the title. I accidentally wrote the following:
- Character Investigations [2]: Ms. Bakkin and Edward Weevil [Soul Transmogrification]
- I would like it changed to "Character Investigations [2]: Ms. Bakkin and Edward Weevil [Soul Transmigration]".

Last edited:
Top Bottom