General Could Mr.1 Beat Luffy In Alabasta?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yes if luffy just stand and do nothing

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wouldn't say they are equal in strength, but Luffy would have a hard time to deal with Mr1.

One can compare Daz Bones DF advantvantage with Luffys in the fight with Enel.

I even if I believe Luffy was stronger then Zoro and Daz Bones back in Alabasta, I doubt Luffy would have find a way to deal with this Kind of disadvantage.

So thats why I would say Daz Bones would have won back in Alabasta.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I could see it going either way honestly. Luffy would have a very tough time with him for sure, but I can see him eventually landing some powerful shots that'd affect Daz too. Guy broke Arlong's nose, Krieg's spear and armor...so he's not totally helpless here.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think Luffy would win but would be pretty injured

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Zoro needed a pre ts version of haki to beat him. Daz Bones pretty much neg-diffed Zoro, completely overpowered him with ease when he pushed him into the building that collapsed on top of him and ate his most lethal strikes. How can Luffy defeat Daz with his excavation drills?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Zoro needed a pre ts version of haki to beat him. Daz Bones pretty much neg-diffed Zoro, completely overpowered him with ease when he pushed him into the building that collapsed on top of him and ate his most lethal strikes. How can Luffy defeat Daz with his excavation drills?
He found a way to beat Crocodile after losing to him twice. He'll find a way against Daz.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Luffy easily destroyed Arlong's sword just with his physical strength, Luffy also physical overpowered Arlong when he was holding his sword with one arm and Arlong couldn't even move it (in an arc where Fishman was represented to be stronger than humans)

So just by his physical strength he would olredy defeat Mr 1 and combined with his DF power it would be a mid diff fight for Luffy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Luffy easily destroyed Arlong's sword just with his physical strength, Luffy also physical overpowered Arlong when he was holding his sword with one arm and Arlong couldn't even move it (in an arc where Fishman was represented to be stronger than humans)

So just by his physical strength he would olredy defeat Mr 1 and combined with his DF power it would be a mid diff fight for Luffy.
Did Luffy overpower Arlong physically once outside of that scene? Him saing he couldn't move I think just his surprise at how Luffy could stop his casual movement like that, him underestimating humans at every turn. He then went on to restrain Luffy. Here is btw how strong fishmen are

Compare this casual punch from Hach, an underling to Arlong, to this thickly-scaled sea monster to Luffy needing to use G2 to take out a much smaller fish in the NW as they're heading to fishman island. I don't think Arlong is any physically weaker than Luffy, quite to the contrary I remember Arlong taking a bunch of attacks and not going down plus him in close combat just shat on Luffy as he casually withheld his arm then threw him in the water.

Strengthwise Luffy and Zoro were shown to be somewhat equal in Whiskey Peak, but Mr.1 just casually threw Zoro into a building. Mr.1 is physically stronger than Luffy. There's also a difference between the pure kind of steel Mr.1 is made out of, both pure and strong steel but also he is much thicker than Arlong's weapon naturally, so there's a huge difference there when it comes to the make-up, hardness and thickness. Zoro could slice up steel swords before facing Mr.1, but Mr.1 isn't even tickled by Zoro's strongest attacks. Neither Zoro nor Luffy has the required strength to take him out. Let's not forget he can turn his entire body into a spinning excavation tool that he applies in combat, plus he has long ranged attacks like sparkling daisy etc so he is a versatile fighter that can wear Luffy down over the course of Luffy "figuring him out" as there really isn't anything to decipher about him. Zoro had the breath of all things, but that is a really special last resort he had that there's no equivalent for Luffy in this case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Did Luffy overpower Arlong physically once outside of that scene? Him saing he couldn't move I think just his surprise at how Luffy could stop his casual movement like that, him underestimating humans at every turn. He then went on to restrain Luffy. Here is btw how strong fishmen are

Compare this casual punch from Hach, an underling to Arlong, to this thickly-scaled sea monster to Luffy needing to use G2 to take out a much smaller fish in the NW as they're heading to fishman island. I don't think Arlong is any physically weaker than Luffy, quite to the contrary I remember Arlong taking a bunch of attacks and not going down plus him in close combat just shat on Luffy as he casually withheld his arm then threw him in the water.

Strengthwise Luffy and Zoro were shown to be somewhat equal in Whiskey Peak, but Mr.1 just casually threw Zoro into a building. Mr.1 is physically stronger than Luffy. There's also a difference between the pure kind of steel Mr.1 is made out of, both pure and strong steel but also he is much thicker than Arlong's weapon naturally, so there's a huge difference there when it comes to the make-up, hardness and thickness. Zoro could slice up steel swords before facing Mr.1, but Mr.1 isn't even tickled by Zoro's strongest attacks. Neither Zoro nor Luffy has the required strength to take him out. Let's not forget he can turn his entire body into a spinning excavation tool that he applies in combat, plus he has long ranged attacks like sparkling daisy etc so he is a versatile fighter that can wear Luffy down over the course of Luffy "figuring him out" as there really isn't anything to decipher about him. Zoro had the breath of all things, but that is a really special last resort he had that there's no equivalent for Luffy in this case.
Luffy beat a sea monster like that easily as well pre-time skip.

Its worth noting that Zoro went back and forth in terms of fighting Mr 1. He overpowered Mr 1 on several occasions throughout the fight as well.

Top Bottom