Manga Detective Conan

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Detective Conan

Alternate Name: Case Closed
Year of Release: Jan 8, 1996 to ?
Author: Aoyama, Gosho
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Mystery, Shounen, Police

Synopse: Hailed as the savior of the Japanese Police Department, high school detective Shinichi Kudou uses a combination of observational skills, critical thinking, and all-around knowledge to solve cases that leave the police stumped.

One day, while at an outing with childhood friend Ran Mouri, Shinichi bears witness to a suspicious transaction between two men and is caught. As a result, he is forced to ingest a poison that is supposed to kill him, but unexpectedly shrinks his body to the size of a grade-schooler instead. Now believed to be dead, Shinichi takes up the alias of Conan Edogawa (a compound of the names of the famous mystery authors Arthur Conan Doyle and Ranpo Edogawa) in order to hide his identity and begins his new life as a seven-year-old living with Ran and her private detective father.

Meitantei Conan follows Conan as he continues to solve murder cases, all while slowly working toward exposing the men who shrunk him and eventually restoring his body.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
well new chapter is coming in August....hopefully we will get closer to RUM info...and damn so many secret organisations involved...FBI/Secret Service/CIA etc.....

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When will conan get his body back? I watched only 200 episodes

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
truly have to say the plot progresses slowly, we're over a 1000 chapters and quite some shit has happened, but the amount of useless cases has made it weak. Gladily nowadays the plot is slowly towards an end (I hope)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
plot is weak??...seriously??...since you are at 200 episodes I am not going to reveal many spoilers but just go ahead....you will get more solid episodes and more information about black organisation
Seemingly not my cup of tea. The plot is never moving. Took 200 episodes to get nowhere.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
plot is weak??...seriously??...since you are at 200 episodes I am not going to reveal many spoilers but just go ahead....you will get more solid episodes and more information about black organisation
I won't say the plot is weak when Black Organization is involved or Akai or few other important characters, besides that same repeating case is kind of boring at this point

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I won't say the plot is weak when Black Organization is involved or Akai or few other important characters, besides that same repeating case is kind of boring at this point
When I watched the anime I started skipping the filler episodes lmao. After catching up I stopped watching and read the whole thing which was a lot more interesting. Also the plot recently has been good in the manga, so I don't regret continuing

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When I watched the anime I started skipping the filler episodes lmao. After catching up I stopped watching and read the whole thing which was a lot more interesting. Also the plot recently has been good in the manga, so I don't regret continuing
It is. I find the RUM topic really good and like to see more of it...I just hope writer kind move forward that case in fast pace this time.xD

It is and I dropped it 100's of chapters ago ...

Similar to Hajime No Ippo
I haven't read the Hajime No Ippo for a while now, and only have read around 200 Chapters... though detective Conan serious plot-related cases always appear good

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It is and I dropped it 100's of chapters ago ...

Similar to Hajime No Ippo
for real? the plot if finally moving forward and y'all stopped. Well it will be worth it to read it in one go if it's finished. I will do that, same goes for One Piece and other series :blobthink:

Ren

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I will do that, same goes for One Piece and other series :blobthink:
OP at least has world-building and is still the peak of Shonen manga ... Detective Conan never was that.

OP will buy it in the future to have it as a physical collection.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It is. I find the RUM topic really good and like to see more of it...I just hope writer kind move forward that case in fast pace this time.xD
I also liked the recent chapters, just caught up on it yesterday or so. The plot around Mary, I hope we will have more BO related chapters in a row now to get somewhere.

OP at least has world-building and is still the peak of Shonen manga ... Detective Conan never was that.
Of course. But Detective Conan is still enjoyable to read in my opinion. Of course some cases aren't that necessary but I really like the different characters so I can't drop it :D

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
you all guys....why to read all episodes.....some case files are too good eventhough they are not related to BO....just see from internet what episodes are good and watch only those episodes....and I like Conan more than Shinichi....so I don't want him become Shinichi yet

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
you all guys....why to read all episodes.....some case files are too good eventhough they are not related to BO....just see from internet what episodes are good and watch only those episodes....and I like Conan more than Shinichi....so I don't want him become Shinichi yet
No one really complained about it... but still skipping those repeating cases means avoiding them and saying indirectly don't you prefer to watch them... the same thing what I said. No one really saying that entire series overall is bad though Shinichi is more good compare to Conan

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I haven't tried Detective Conan manga but I have seen many episodes. It's too random tho, like I just pick episodes based on the episode name and then watch. :sexylaze:The problem with my method is I lost care about Conan/Shinichi and I just genuinely enjoy the cases ?

Right now I have no idea now where to start it again :lazylaughplz:

Top Bottom