Resolved Forum and Thread Ideas to push activity

Which of the ideas would you like to see implemented into Thriller Bark?

• 1.1 Add One Piece (MHA,...) to the front page

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • 1.2 Put One Piece (MHA,...) above Mafia and Roleplay

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • 1.3 Bringing the Fanclubs to their Fandoms

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • 1.4 Undo the No-Shipping Rule

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • 2.1 More Manga/Anime Threads

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • 2.2 More Casual/Spam Threads

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • 2.3 A Shitpost Thread

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • 3.1 More Broadcasts

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • 3.2 Relaxed Mods and less Post Deletion

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 3.3 Update to the Mod-Team

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Introduction

After a bit of discussion, @Nana and I brought together a few ideas to make the forum more welcoming for new people and to make it possible to engage more into discussion and make the forum more active. It is visible that we don't gain all too many new members and stay small and rather quiet. And we as forum members who partly have went through a journey before already want the community to grow and be a warm and welcoming place for new people again and have more fun here.

This is our list for suggestions to make the forum more active (you can also vote for them in the poll). This will be more to read, but please read through it, because we love our community and this place, if it just wasn't so quiet.

1 More One Piece visibility

This forum is called Thriller Bark, it is related to One Piece, we've come together though One Piece, and yet One Piece stays small and unnoticed and the mods are trying to keep the focus onto mafia and roleplay. If this forum was only for mafia and roleplay, you shouldn't have had the need to make the name related to One Piece, if in the end it is treated as unimportant. It did already grew, but it is still not quite visible.

So this is how One Piece could be more visible:

1.1 Add One Piece (and the other featured manga like MHA and Kingdom) on the front page

People come to a forum called Thriller Bark to get One Piece related content. But when they click and land on the Home page, all they see is Mafia and Roleplay. One Piece isn't mentioned or brought up in the slightest. This leads to confusion and probably disappointment. They get misled by a name, and then don't see any place for discussion on the front page. Making One Piece as a large clickable banner that redirects the person directly to the One Piece subforum as well as MHA and Kingdom to theirs. This way new people can find the content right away.

1.2 Put One Piece (or better, the whole Manga and Anime section) above the Mafia and Roleplay Section

Currently Mafia and Roleplay are the center of this forum. Which doesn't exactly bring new content, new ideas, new members. It is a small group of people that have come together from another place and stick to each other. But people don't come to this forum for Mafia and Roleplay. They are interested in One Piece. Changing One Piece to be the center of the forum will make it more visible in the list, instead of having to scroll past Mafia and Roleplay, which the least amount of people would come for if they visit a forum that sounds related to One Piece. If people come for One Piece and stay for One Piece discussion, they can still join Mafia and Roleplay as an additional feature.

1.3 Bring the Fanclubs to their respective sections as subforum

This would mean, the One Piece related Fanclubs receive a One Piece Fanclub folder, and the MHA fanclubs receive their folder etc. Other manga/anime fanclubs can receive a folder in the general manga and anime subforum, and any unrelated to manga/anime could stay in the Chit-Chat section for now. I understand they were being put there since that also was the case back on OJ, but there they don't gain as much visibility and are more or less being forgotten, though they could bring a lot of activity and offer lots of place for discussing about different characters.

1.4 Undo the No-Shipping Rule

At least inside of a respective Shipping Club. Lots of people who enjoy being in a fandom will sooner or later end up shipping characters. TB doesn't give that part of discussion any sort of space, though it is such a big part inside of any fandom. With the possibility of a general Shipping Club or specific shipping clubs for different pairings it offers again more discussion material. They would be treated as Fanclubs.

1.5 Move the Theories into the Manga section

Just like the Fanclubs they could get an own folder inside of the related subforum. Or just adding the Theory section as a subforum from Entertainment to the Series Gallery. They are related to the featured series, and yet at a complete different place. (I only found them now after I looked for them in the Creative Corner where they were before, but I never noticed there was a Theory subforum as it is not visible).

1.6 More Community Events related to the featured Series

Examples back from OJ: Chapter Predictions and Coloring Events, but maybe also other contests, that just give members more choices to engage themselves more in the forum and receive more chances to join events to gain Salty Doubloons).

2 Thread Ideas

The following ideas are for general thread ideas which could be added to engage more in casual talk and share more personal interests. Those are already possible to do as a member of this forum, but we will suggest it still to make the ideas more visible.

2.1 Add more Manga and Anime threads

There are many more manga, anime and webcomics out there that could be discussed. The best would be to create threads of ongoing stories as those can be heavier discussed due to steady new content.
Also, on a sidenote: The Anime and Manga subforum has "Filter from A-Z" as standard filter, which makes it difficult to see which thread is actually active. It would help way more to see which threads are active if they just descend from active to non active. If someone is still looking for a specific thread, they can always switch the filter or search for it directly. (This is the main reason I totally forgot about that subforum because it is annoying to always look for threads I am interested in).

2.2 Add more Favorite XY and Daily Posting/Spam Threads

This makes sharing way easier and gives more room for sharing opinions, mood, interests. It pushes up activity largely as everyone loves to post easily sometimes instead of engaging in a discussion only which often needs more focus and concentration. Sometimes you just want to relax and post something funny, interesting, or share your favorite XY with others. Restrictions to "One per Day" would reduce possibilities to consider it as Spam.

2.3 Add a Shitposting Thread

A shitposting thread, or however you want to call it, which offers more relaxed and funny discussions that don't make much sense. Where you are allowed to troll and bullshit around just to let off some steam or stress. This is an idea inspired by the Spoiler Waiting Room back on OJ which gave people space to just engage together into bullshit and give people a good time. Being respectful, kind and nice is always good, but there are times where you need a place to joke around and talk nonsense without fearing to get that banhammer smashed into the face.

3 Miscellaneous

Adding a few last ideas to the list that are not related to One Piece or other threads.

3.1 More broadcasts

With those I mean the extra messages that the mods send to notify members about specific events. Those are sometimes lacking, for example when there was a vote for the next featured series I never received one and I don't know if there even was one. Thus only a few people noticed the existence of that thread. With those messages it could make it so much easier to notify the members of specific content and could push events and threads even further. This could also be an idea to use if there is a new One Piece chapter for example.

3.2 Less Post Deletion

This I can't judge myself, but I have heard that some posts were deleted due to the lack of "valuable discussion content". If we want an engaging, open and comfortable community it should be allowed to make more posts that have in general less sense as well. It shouldn't be something to be all too common but if it makes the flow of conversation much easier and it's enough to be reminded to keep it on-topic, but there is no reason to delete posts just because they didn't have much content. The mods are there to ensure that the conversations and discussions are respectable. But they shouldn't act too strict on simple matters that don't mean any harm for the community.

3.3 Update the Mod-Team

This last point may seem offensive and rude. But after all those months barely anything has changed. Sure, we have a shop and a new theme. But the activity sank, there weren't any new people joining, and the mods didn't ask the active members what could be done better, and the mods themselves didn't make any changes that were suggested before, or again and again and again, even though it could have helped. The mods are there for making the forum a nice experience, adding new ideas as well as keeping watch over the behavior of the users. But there is a lack of new content, a lack of accepting and working on new content, and a lack of motivation or an open mind to listen to the users. This is just my personal opinion on it, but just keeping things as they are is not acceptable. Some people want this place to grow, some people want an engaging, warm and active community, and some want to bring forward new ideas. But none of that is possible if the mods don't get their shit together or be ready to bring new people into their team with new ideas. Or at least listen to others as we plead for help to keep this forum alive and running.

With that being said, please don't forget about the poll and vote for which ideas you would like implemented into the forum!

@Beky @Waindo @Gambit @God_Usopun @Gochi @A famous historian @Emperor Cross @Magimasterkarp @Fire Tiger @Ali @oddoddfruit @Prath @Robin @The White Crane @Gintoki @Adimas @Monkey D.Luffy @Nico Robin @Garp senpai @Rej @Srundenx @Shanks Joestar @TrafalgarDCj @Trafalgar Law @Law_Senpai @Kishido @Chaud @Reniki @Arara @Corazone @Rohan @Maggi @Smileyman @Rocks D. Xebec @Marco @Camie @Kyros @Fujitora @Crocus @Bounty @YoungKaido @Kaido @Akiyousei @Friend A @H3llion @Karasu @Dragon Nova @AlphaKaido @King Of Beasts Kaido @Viper X @Ryu Kishi @joby @Best Generation @Haku @Shadowtrigun @Ren @tangerine @Pepper @Brown Sugar @Yakyu @kiiro94 @Akayman @Ken Kitano @Okosan @Dango @Rail @RAIL_GUN @NaxEmerald @Kibi @Courier @Cooler @Shadowlogia @MUUGEN @Baba @new recruit @Words @TheTyrant @Skater1ooo @Shinjojin @Badpok @juliets @Stealth black @kukuruyuk @Amaterasu @bennbeckman @AceNTama @Lucifer Morningstar @Jake Wu Long @Ti D. Es @citcitcuit @ricky_pozzi @Godsanji @Dragomir @Sundown @Iwan @aa-dono @Saitama Ono @SaitoInWano @Rawrwick @Fero @Mango Senpai @Poison Chan @CP0z @Big D. Kaios @Naomi @bongbut @Herr Krokodil @BanishEvil @Shiro Yaksha @Crooc @1neboss @khelox @ZoroIsOverrated @Ichibat @Kaizoku-Ō @hollows100 @arieprakoso92 @Hawke @Yoshi @Sanji THTH @LUFFYDZORO @Azazel @Kyo @Cam @NewWorld @GUDUMan @NeoRetro @Prince @comrade @Afro Iceman @aptb @Sallucion @Bimbonium @StrawHeart_Lawffy @Kiritashi @Hatz @Oreki @RZ.119 @Rero @Psykopatx @Ishin @Lauroe @Merc with the Mouth @Dragon D. Luffy @Sunita @Van Der Err @Old Man Van @Blad3r D Rokay @Dragon @Draco @FenaLoves @Luna @SkeletonsOfThePast @The_White_Wolf @Desolate Smaug @Nessos @AliAsif243 @Captain Khan @Typo @Great Potato @Chinx @shade0180 @Div @thanhbv @AL. @Archanium @Big World @Zoro Compass @Telias @DragonFist @ToBeThriller @Kaiser @JioFreed @Kurashika @Roogy @bittersweet @Lemonade @Monkey D @D I O @Greenbeard @Roronoa D. Robin @Robin D Zoro @Roronoa D Zoro @Yasin @Utsuro @Ninety Eyes @brunolzz @Momo_lu @Zakalam @Vlad D. Impaler @Babeko @Zorojuro San @Vinsmoke D' Zoro @Leo @Haziel @Yuy D. Kenshin @Jonas D Rosa @Marco D. Toon @Indaina @Irvine @Mugiwara D Luffy @Kizaru D. Drake @ZOROEBOK @Zorojuro @KaizokuZoro @Mallacy @Ice_Witch @DarkWitch @Elbuchou @Vaxen @ToxiM @Dxon @Hi Shin Unit @Mtio @The Fool @The Poet @The Buddha @EvilGoddess Lizzy @Kappa King @ArabianPrynce @Fooly911 @nodle21 @Ucup @JazzMazz @Faisao288 @WingedClover @Sal37 @muzmi1234 @Alice The Menace @Blackout @Bloodborne @Mr Zero @Terry @Ultra @Jaihoo @kuturui @Extraordinary @hosseinxj0152 @Haidogirl @seven @nieuh @Tenshi No Konan @Griffith132 @Ban Midou @Myers @Dio Sama @edogama @Twilight Tsurugi @Sanzen @incog @#1 tako @123drm123 @mugiwara-no-thales @D jango @Kusanagi Kyo @Slvine @NsHrL9 @Rawahi @Saint Bellkin @Zlorine @EBRAHEM.EMADI @Dr. Dandy @Dr.Respect @Surgeon of Death @REAL Surgeon of Death @J_nl @Sabaodyarc @Arthand @Gyusa @Ck4795 @MysticLeviathan @Mr. Anderson @Infernal @Dovlamingo @Ghidorah Guy @Phantasmal @Taiga Yang @Mr T @Chaves @Celestial D. Dragon @King @Jacob @LogicoftheVI @Mr. Doflamingo @Starbound Beast D. Draig @Kung Fu Dugong @emandooh @amdax @Igbali @Suppiluliuma @Kurokaizoku @Gaffy @YushiroAizen @Mimesis @Fortunato @Arcatez @Miklos Santorini @AaronC @pomob @Salah Eddine @Vyron @Hisoka @Kristofo @Pleiadess @riofriz @EtenBoby @KoonKoooon!! @Thatguy1325 @Vamshi @Juliet @The D Itself @lechampion31 @brsagat @Bulrock @Cracker @Rp4lyf @Poker Face @Shiki^GoldenLion @Tejas @Zoro @Tokiro Oumaga @Piry @ananZERO @Kodachi @CodeShinigami @RD_ @znarf0824 @banysbanys @Pennywise @Fygas @Figuerinha @Izaya X @Quindale22 @Shitty Restaurant @RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths @Genryusai Shigekuni Yamam @Balthazar D. Kenway @Michelle @Aloo Castoo @AlaAmami @Urek Mazino @ewhee~ @Detroitskatr89 @Nvax @ShinyPokemon Inc. @Noyman2000 @RedSuit @Minions @LaughingShadow @mas.ujie @Kaizoku Gari @Rell45 @Predaking1 @Alexflame @alraivilla @Jaxhan88 @Joker @Nocvius @greenmonky1 @RazerSharp @Vanguard227 @Kurama @Frayz @SILVERS @Rudiger @Blue Gentleman @BKumafangirl67 @Treunk @Sir @Kuri @Professor Finesser @Saphire24 @Nightingale @Enel-San @madcat999 @MistyCat @Stray Cat @Putu @Samael @Nishiki_Koi @Too Much Red @Hulkkkk @chaos_syndrome @NyxUlric92 @Defiant @Dave @Rossella.Fiamingo @bethong @yukobel @GreatGeneral @BongoJohnson @Bonnibel @Handsome @Mat D. Bizzo @yack @Kagura @Rise-Chan @mario time @softie @Brohit @Butterfly gun @humanninjaturtle @Yasopp @Urek @crazyclown @priyansh2202 @sae no 000 @krogothwolf @Meme City @MAXPOWER @Udell @Murilo @Treacle

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thx Stala for your efforts :tedhug: well said.

hopefully other members post their suggestions too if it can help bring back the activity
And show support to the suggestions we made

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thx Stala for your efforts :tedhug: well said.

hopefully other members post their suggestions too if it can help bring back the activity
And show support to the suggestions we made
Thanks to you for reminding me in the first place about the issue and that we worked together on this :lazylaughplz:
I hope so too!

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
this isn't an anime and manga forum

its a forum mainly focused on mafia and role play
Which doesn't mean other activities shouldn't promoted just as much those two if there is interest ( which there is ) and desire ( which there also is ) for it.

It is often forgettable but love for manga and anime is what brought some of us to Mafia and Role-play. Our RP section is based on One Piece itself. Bringing more One Piece fans would also benefit Role Play section naturally.

AL.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Which doesn't mean other activities shouldn't promoted just as much those two if there is interest ( which there is ) and desire ( which there also is ) for it.

It is often forgettable but love for manga and anime is what brought some of us to Mafia and Role-play. Our RP section is based on One Piece itself. Bringing more One Piece fans would also benefit Role Play section naturally.
its ok to promote them but they shouldn't become the main attraction in my opinion

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
its ok to promote them but they shouldn't become the main attraction in my opinion
We are called Thriller Bark, most of our mafia games are Manga/anime related , our RP section is Manga related

like it or not , manga and anime is main attraction here

AL.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
We are called Thriller Bark, most of our mafia games are Manga/anime related , our RP section is Manga related

I gave my opinion the rest is up to you guys

my opinion is most likely in minority

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Not sure if shit posting is a good idea but agreed with more focus on One Piece.

I guess there r people who have more knowledge than me about forum
But as per my experience and what i noticed during member of OJ for more than 3 years..
- many members were lurkers :
- to read spoiler
- to read theories
- to read one piece related content.

I'm bit confused about what the mod want to do with this forum ?
They don't wanna grow as community ?
Or they afraid to grow lol
Let's suppose they grow as it is now , they will still face the challenges..
So guess it's better to do it with hard way..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

No :weirdpeep:
[automerge]1575949316[/automerge]
I like the forum as it is. Focus on OP will lead us to EoS OJ.
Let's grow slowly and keep the forum cheerful

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
1 More One Piece visibility

This forum is called Thriller Bark, it is related to One Piece, we've come together though One Piece, and yet One Piece stays small and unnoticed and the mods are trying to keep the focus onto mafia and roleplay. If this forum was only for mafia and roleplay, you shouldn't have had the need to make the name related to One Piece, if in the end it is treated as unimportant. It did already grew, but it is still not quite visible.

So this is how One Piece could be more visible:

1.1 Add One Piece (and the other featured manga like MHA and Kingdom) on the front page

People come to a forum called Thriller Bark to get One Piece related content. But when they click and land on the Home page, all they see is Mafia and Roleplay. One Piece isn't mentioned or brought up in the slightest. This leads to confusion and probably disappointment. They get misled by a name, and then don't see any place for discussion on the front page. Making One Piece as a large clickable banner that redirects the person directly to the One Piece subforum as well as MHA and Kingdom to theirs. This way new people can find the content right away.

1.2 Put One Piece (or better, the whole Manga and Anime section) above the Mafia and Roleplay Section

Currently Mafia and Roleplay are the center of this forum. Which doesn't exactly bring new content, new ideas, new members. It is a small group of people that have come together from another place and stick to each other. But people don't come to this forum for Mafia and Roleplay. They are interested in One Piece. Changing One Piece to be the center of the forum will make it more visible in the list, instead of having to scroll past Mafia and Roleplay, which the least amount of people would come for if they visit a forum that sounds related to One Piece. If people come for One Piece and stay for One Piece discussion, they can still join Mafia and Roleplay as an additional feature.

1.5 Move the Theories into the Manga section

Just like the Fanclubs they could get an own folder inside of the related subforum. Or just adding the Theory section as a subforum from Entertainment to the Series Gallery. They are related to the featured series, and yet at a complete different place. (I only found them now after I looked for them in the Creative Corner where they were before, but I never noticed there was a Theory subforum as it is not visible).
tbh that is almost identical to Oro Jackson really down to the T, i prefer if Thriller Bark differences itself from OJ. As we all know before OJ closing down TB was going to be heavily focused on Mafia and RP, then the other sections going downwards.

Though if you want sections and etc. make sure you get the folks in those sections active and buzzing in them that brings attention to the team/staff members. If they dont notice it dont be afraid to ask them.

1.6 More Community Events related to the featured Series

Examples back from OJ: Chapter Predictions and Coloring Events, but maybe also other contests, that just give members more choices to engage themselves more in the forum and receive more chances to join events to gain Salty Doubloons).
Since the Forum is new, there will likely be changes but we need to have an audience for these as members participating and discussing. Besides i dont want Thriller Bark being OJ 2.0

2 Thread Ideas
The following ideas are for general thread ideas which could be added to engage more in casual talk and share more personal interests. Those are already possible to do as a member of this forum, but we will suggest it still to make the ideas more visible.

2.1 Add more Manga and Anime threads

There are many more manga, anime and webcomics out there that could be discussed. The best would be to create threads of ongoing stories as those can be heavier discussed due to steady new content.
Also, on a sidenote: The Anime and Manga subforum has "Filter from A-Z" as standard filter, which makes it difficult to see which thread is actually active. It would help way more to see which threads are active if they just descend from active to non active. If someone is still looking for a specific thread, they can always switch the filter or search for it directly. (This is the main reason I totally forgot about that subforum because it is annoying to always look for threads I am interested in).

You mean having an Anime and Manga Directory.

3.2 Less Post Deletion

This I can't judge myself, but I have heard that some posts were deleted due to the lack of "valuable discussion content". If we want an engaging, open and comfortable community it should be allowed to make more posts that have in general less sense as well. It shouldn't be something to be all too common but if it makes the flow of conversation much easier and it's enough to be reminded to keep it on-topic, but there is no reason to delete posts just because they didn't have much content. The mods are there to ensure that the conversations and discussions are respectable. But they shouldn't act too strict on simple matters that don't mean any harm for the community.
This is one thing i actually like about this place, as you know the team are actually doing their duties.
3.3 Update the Mod-Team

This last point may seem offensive and rude. But after all those months barely anything has changed. Sure, we have a shop and a new theme. But the activity sank, there weren't any new people joining, and the mods didn't ask the active members what could be done better, and the mods themselves didn't make any changes that were suggested before, or again and again and again, even though it could have helped. The mods are there for making the forum a nice experience, adding new ideas as well as keeping watch over the behavior of the users. But there is a lack of new content, a lack of accepting and working on new content, and a lack of motivation or an open mind to listen to the users. This is just my personal opinion on it, but just keeping things as they are is not acceptable. Some people want this place to grow, some people want an engaging, warm and active community, and some want to bring forward new ideas. But none of that is possible if the mods don't get their shit together or be ready to bring new people into their team with new ideas. Or at least listen to others as we plead for help to keep this forum alive and running.
Its always not necessary to update a Mod-team if its running smoothly, its like why rock the boat?
Tbh it shouldn't always be the mod's to ask active members what they could bring to make the place more active its at times vice-versa. Sometimes active members should bring suggestions and etc. to their attention.

I prefer if Larsi/Shion take consideration before pointing out next mod-team candidates in what they can bring to the development of the forum in various ways.

I dont want this place handing out Mod duties to randoms just because they want to be.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm not the best at wording myself sometimes, but I'll try to be concise.

Personally, since iirc, this forum was started specifically to pick up where the OJ rp took off (and host mafia games) it should remain in such a way where they are the main attraction.

However, more draw is hardly a bad thing, I could definitely understand the One Piece manga/anime sections advertised a bit better (though personally since I don't come here for that content I never particularly noticed).

In reference to 1.2 however, I disagree with overshadowing the very reason TB was started. Though, seeing the Manga section getting some spotlight would be nice.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Talk to me doggie :pepemusic:

What do you mean by that
Currently the three sections are:

Regular Mafia Game
Town of Salem Game
Traditional Mafia Game

Why is traditional different than regular? Also, what is town of Salem? Is it for role madness?

Maybe simplify that a bit more.

Instead of having 5 mafia subsections, you just have three. Sign-ups, mafia games, mafia archives.

for the mafia games, let's just have suffixes: traditional, role madness, blah and blah.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This about bringing moe activity to the forum

Mafia section is already lacking in numbers

And what's wrong with being like OJ ? It was my fave forum and I used to use a lot of other forums but everything about it made it enjoyable with these suggestions we looking for to increase the activity here

At this rate the site will stop being much active and it would be waste of the efforts that were put in creating it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom