Island G-5

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

As notorious as the New World is, one wouldn't be surprised to find out that even the marines here don't play by the rules all the time. Such is the case with G-5, one of the main bases of the World Government in this hostile sea. The soldiers stationed here are not unfamiliar with torture and killing of pirates, and anyone they deem suspicious. For this they have earned a reputation as bloodthirsty warmongers and even some civilians fear them. The only person who seems remotely trustworthy around here is Vice-admiral Vergo, the base commander. Even though it all started going downhill after his arrival, none of it seems to be able to be traced back to him.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vergo
[IMG]

Level 70
70 x 5 = 350
Strength: 62+19=81
Speed: 59+19=78
78x2=156
-Reaction: 78
-Movement: 78
Vitality: 67+14=81
81x2=162
-Durability: 81
-Stamina: 81
Haki: 81
81x2= 162
-Armament Haki:81
-Observation Haki:81
Martial Arts: 81
81x2=162
-Bamboo: 81
-Brawling: 81

Yarisugi
[IMG]

Level 50
50 x 5 = 250
Strength: 51+10=61
Speed: 65+15=80
80x2=160
-Reaction: 80
-Movement: 80
Vitality:51+10=61
61x2=122
-Durability:61
-Stamina:61
Haki: 42
42x2=84
-Armament Haki:42
-Observation Haki:42
Martial Arts: 41
41x2=82
-Swordmanship: 82

G-5 Marines(500)
[IMG]

Level 20
20 x 5 = 100
Strength: 25+4=29
Speed: 25+4=29
29x2=58
-Reaction: 29
-Movement: 29
Vitality: 25+4=29
29x2=58
-Durability: 29
-Stamina: 29
Martial Arts: 25
25x2=50
-Swordmanship: 50

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One time beri reward:
-400 000 000 Beri
-200 000 000 Beri extra for anyone from the World Government that exposes the corruption.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Narration/First Person Narration
"Talking"
Thinking
'Flashback'

Action

Part One: Nero

From the second I woke up, I had the feeling that something was off. I opened my eyes and turned to look around and no one was there. I felt none of the light-headed grogginess that usually accompanied a rude awakening. I slowly struggled to roll over face-down in my bed and then did what was essentially a pushup to raise myself up.

I walked over groggily over into the washroom to wash my face, I grabbed my left hand against the sink as my right hand turned the tap on as i gazed at the water dripping down like a miniature waterfall. I took a moment paused, as i started looking at the water hearing it flow as I sighed before i removed my hand off the sink. I then cupped my hands noting the water was cold but good enough to freshen me up. I felt the cold water and the little breeze that comes with. I held my breath, as I stared down at the sink as i turned the tap off and steadied my head upwards as the water trickled down my face and stared at my face at the rearview mirror looking back at me. I stared at the mirror wanting to ask but instead i stared at it wanting to reflect on my journey thus far.

As i stare at my own reflection i saw a vision of me during my childhood as it stared back. It was during a time when I thought that the world was a very simple existence. Though as a Bounty Hunter I came to terms as a means of reaping on rewards, though without competition I wouldn't have lasted as long as my journey's if anything pushed me to this stage. Anything was possible, the skies are my limit. Looking at the world with such pure and innocent eyes… is this wrong? Of course, it is wrong. Believing that simply because I want to is mistake sentiment. I understand that some people have personal preferences, but I wouldn't say that I hope to have one. Thinking back, I did not actually have a unique upbringing. While I never knew my parents, I was adopted where I taught how to fight, how to use a sword and even that one moment I learn what's meant to have a family. So, yeah I am not completely ignorant of these emotions, I also somehow became a bounty hunter.

I accepted Ice offer to be a bounty hunter during my visit to Loguetown. I thought that would also have various occurrences. I was sure that in my time as a bounty hunter, there would be some eye-catching incidents. I became an acknowledged Bounty Hunter and the many benefits that come with it.

However, everyone here, that is to say my peers, would have their own personal experiences that catch their attention, so I have not had the chance to say, "I see, this is something different" and show my pride. While I was leaving Loguetown, I gazed upon the city once again and muttered, "In the end, it seems that nothing special happened here." I would probably say the same thing when this journey is going to end. That's because I grown-up seeing things like that, I wasn't taught.

As i turned to my left i grabbed my towel that was placed on the burgundy towel rack to pat my face dry as i walked over as i yawned. I then walked over about 3 feet to open a door to get into my bedroom. I then threw the towel on my bed as I opened my burgundy painted oak wardrobe as i grabbed my black zipped jacket, the one with the zipper tag and sequin details on the pockets. I then reached to grab my steel gray shirt with skull prints. Then after a minute grabbed my black cropped trousers and black buckled boots with red soles along with a black glovelet on my left hand. I then slowly put my clothes on getting myself ready as it was another day on my log as a Bounty Hunter.

After I did that I placed my towel back on the towel rack as my room was unique with the bathroom being adjourned with my bedroom with a door that would connect the two. I then looked at my reflection through the longstanding mirror that had my sword leaning against the wall. I stared at my sword as I smiled briefly before i looked at the News Coo Newspaper that i was looking at the night before that was on the table.

In the newspaper published a couple of new bounties, I mostly skimmed through bounties seeing those large bounties give me a brief headache but my hand suddenly stopped when I finally was holding a bounty of someone I know "He was once a strong Marine until he betrayed & killed his own! Captain of the Unwritten Pirates. Jimmy Frayzah, "Mad Red" ß 286.66 million" written on it, I had the hunch that marine was strong but having this huge bounty right of the bet is something else. The counseling department must have thought well before giving those bounties.

I absolutely cannot think of a reason as to why he betrayed the marines, when I first saw him I knew he will follow his ideal of justice no matter what. Then why did he? My vision just couldn't focus on a single spot. It's as I thought, whenever I think about this, I just couldn't remain calm. I turned my eyes from the ceiling to the floor and saw the bounty again that now lay on the floor.

Now staring at the ceiling, it was brown as usual, I was intent on going outside of this room when a person with fluttering black hair appeared in the room.

"Ah, what are you still doing here, Nero?"

An almost non-existent smile surfaced on my eyes and mouth. This person Miyagi Kyouko, a female who lacked elegance but was undoubtedly a beauty. She was walking straight towards me, she was already close enough, but she drew closer by another half a meter and stopped. Before her lips could open, I quickly spoke.

"Are we there yet?"

Miyagi let out a small sigh. "Would you mind not using me to fulfill your desire to know every detail, just because you're too bore."

Miyagi who was complaining in front of me was the usual Miyagi. I had never stared at her so fixedly before, but now I understood without a doubt, she was prettier than any woman I had ever met. which could be considered a cool beauty. She appeared to be the same age as me or perhaps slightly older. She was now wearing a white collared shirt, a black jacket, black leggings and a skirt with black color. Her blue irises shone like the ocean, with cherry blossom pink-tinted cheeks over milky-white skin and glossy, lustrous rouge lips. A woman with fairness akin to the full moon, not lacking in anything.

While I was looking at her, Miyagi's cheeks swelled. "Wh-what is it?"

She continued: "What happened on Punk Hazard was terribleǃ I had to control myself for so longǃ If I may say so, I think I did quite well for my first adventure."

"Ah, don't tell me it was your first time traveling outside of east blue?"

But that wasn't it. Miyagi shook her head and took a step forward. The polished floor creaked. "That was not what I am telling. I have experience traveling before but this time it was different..."

Her expression did not change much, but I could sense her curiosity or excitement to say. But I actually did notice something. Normally, I wouldn't spare a thought about what happening around me. While I was staying silent, Miyagi asked me a question. "Do you have any reason why you decide to became a bounty hunter?"

"Not really..." I said when I thought of something as I continued. "Though being Bounty Hunter doesn't really seem to suit you."

Miyagi nodded slightly. "That's right... To put it directly I wanted to experience something new, that made me realize when I first saw you and we talked, I thought for just one moment what if I put my trust in someone. It was entirely for my own selfishness"

"So, it's just that you decide to put your trust on a lonely human being who gains satisfaction from getting angry."

"Indeed. I do wish you on the inside you were less psychopath." Miyagi's wording felt angry, but her voice was gentle. "...But I certainly understand how you feel, Nero. Perhaps the reason I became a bounty hunter and the reason you became a bounty hunter to experience something new is the same, at their core. I felt lonely, sad, hollow, and desperate. So I went and did something unreasonably altruistic. ...Though, thinking about it, it least I able to learn something new in my life. Perhaps just once, I wanted to be myself."

"That's not true," I denied. "Even if you say that, it's not like I can change who I am despite not knowing my own destiny. Maybe this world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I don't give crap. If you tell me to rule such a world, I would refuse it."

I wasn't sure as to why I said that and as I was about to continue, as a voice called out, "Nero, Miyagi,"

That voice was familiar as it runs a bell in my eardrum, it belonged to Jack, which sounded droopy. Seems like he didn't get enough sleep, "We're on our way to G-5, we need to restore our supplies there"

I turned my face toward him as I sighed afterward. "Yeah."

Miyagi looked at me her expression was so earnest that I had was so confused., "…If that's how you choose to see it, Nero, then sure, let's say that. But I still want to go through with this."

Miyagi muttered as she left the room, but I pretended not to hear.

I turned back to my room and grabbed my sword, this blade's the best battle companion a swordsman like me could wish for! Others carry the corpse as we start moving towards the G5. Miyagi walking beside me said nothing the entire time. I had no intention either to say anything to her. I caught a glimpse at her out of the corner of my eye. If I wasn't mistaken, the look she gave me while walking beside me was anything but a smile. It would've been easier if Jack and Ian were here too but they heard about some people wanting to join the bounty hunter ship so for those reasons, it was decided that I will go with Miyagi to Marine headquarters while they take care of that business.

As the ship cruised through the waters, we could see G-5 in the horizon. The outer walls painted blue and white, and seen from afar, it looked no different from any other marine HQ. However, within its grounds were flourishing with greenery with trees hiding its real side as in suspicious activity. In order to prepare to handle the new world madness, there are a lot of regulations. As we finally reached we had to inform them of our arrival, as one of the NPC's stated over the Den Den Loudspeaker.

"We're bounty hunters under the order of the world government, we have come to claim out rewards for defeating Monet and Ceasar Clown." he added one more line before finish speaking, "Please allow us the entry"

A serene world awaited as I have only visited a marine base on a few occasions, but no matter how many times I looked at it, I had a feeling of heaviness. If what Ian said was true about the vice-admiral of this base, then he might be able to answer a few of my questions.

@Gintoki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
General Narration / Actions

Vice-Admiral Vergo:
"Speech"
Thoughts

Commodore Yarisugi:
"Speech"
Thoughts

Welcome to the New World, the second half of the Grand Line. It is said the four of the most strongest pirates in the world otherwise known as the Yonko, reside in the New World. Due to the presence of four powerful pirate crews under the reign of the Yonko who reside in the New World, all of them possess many territories widespread across its sea. As the new world maybe renowned for having the Yonko there also exists the ones who hold power of balance to reside here, the Marines.

Amongst the oceans there are many marine branches but not as known as the one Marine Grand Line Fifth Branch, other-wisely known as G-5. G-5 is situated to be very close to the Red Line. This is the one branch that even pirates wouldn't want to be sent after being captured as they would prefer being sent to the Great Prison of Impel Down. The branch is renowned even within the marines as a branch full of problems. This is one base where even the Marine Soldiers themselves don't play by the rules and are known to not follow their orders. As even the soldiers stationed here are not unfamiliar with torture and killing of pirates, and anyone they deem suspicious. For this they have earned a reputation as bloodthirsty warmongers and even some civilians fear them. The only person who seems remotely trustworthy around here is Vice-Admiral Vergo, the base commander.

~ Within G-5 HQ's Commanding Officers Room ~

We see room lightened by the rays of the sun a room fill with light. Within the room a desk and chair, though also in the room a coffee table. The outside view seemed unusually calm and quite, though this wasn't for long as footsteps approached the room. The door knob swiveled as the door was opened followed with a unsteady but yet annoyed grunt, followed by a morning yawn out loud. A average sized yet muscular man walked in wearing a round hat with a short dark brim and a "5" at the front. With light colored hair sticking out from the sides of his head to form a circle and a small dark beard with a mustache of the same color, and a scar on his left cheek. Also wearing a light fur-lined coat and under that, a bow-tie and a dark-colored leotard with the Marine symbol and "G 5" on it that goes from the middle of his chest to the middle of his thighs. He has three circular badges with dark-colored stars on them, two on the right of his coat, one on the left. He also has a belt strapped diagonally across his chest where he carries a sword. He wears metal greaves on his legs. Vergo-San, i wonder how was your meeting when HQ's informed you about their decision to promote that newbie Shaarib to Rear Admiral. Yet again, i have been a Commodore for probably as long as that Shaarib was even a little brat suckling on a bottle for milk. He vented in frustration by clenching his fist as a soldier came running informing him that report has come about a ship that is requesting entry. The marine soldier who didn't look as if a marine soldier as he wasn't wearing the traditional formal marine uniform as he saluted awaiting a reply by his senior officer. "Well then who the fuck is it?" the man revealing to be Commodore Yarisugi replied.

~ Marine Soldiers at the main battleship ~

Just outside a Marine battleship is situated, a battleship that is full of marine soldiers just doing their duty. Though when saying duty they are not doing marine duty but in fact G-5 duty. As in a recently captured pirate they are sticking with needles as another pirate is being used as bait for sharks. Whilst this occurring a few soldiers are monitoring the seas observing anyone being in distance to the base. Though as they check through their binocular another is monitoring the sound powered den den as the snail vibrates indicating a call is coming through. As the G-5 soldier answers:
"We're bounty hunters under the order of the world government, we have come to claim out rewards for defeating Monet and Ceasar Clown." he added one more line before finish speaking, "Please allow us the entry"
As another Den Den mushi rings which looks like its the Commodore's face listening to the Bounty Hunters, replies with "Tell them to dock then report to me, got it. Also make sure they are who they say they are and not forgetting ask them to wait at the Main Door, i am on my way down."

As going back to the Commodore after finishing the Den Den call wondered why have them come here, i need to let Vergo-San know this instance.

~ Sunny Skies above the HQ's Commanding Officers Roof ~

We then head back to the HQ's of G-5, namely the roof. The roof which is heavily armed with movable canon's ready to lock and blow to smithereens anyone who comes close. A man is stood on the roof. A tall, light-skinned, lean, yet muscular man with short dark hair, a beard, sideburns, and sunglasses. From his sideburns on, facial hair that grew horizontally. On his cheek it grew downwards with a pointed end. Wearing a white knee-length trench coat that had a quilted design which stopped just below his waist (where the coat then had a plain design), along with two black pockets slightly above the chest on either side. Under the coat he wore a mauve-colored shirt with a purple-colored ascot embedded with a red jewel, with a golden-yellow outline at the top in the tie. He also wore black-colored gloves. Though what was unique as a messy eater he had a hamburger without the buns stuck to his face.

The man stared at the skies, Really loved that hamburger and fries .... as if he was pleased placing his hands in his pockets "Time i go for my coffee and cookies"

@Oreki

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I realized I'm not very good at interacting with other people. I don't know when I started to be bad at those things. However, the one thing I know is that a person can't live completely alone. No matter how much I love being alone, I cannot possibly survive by myself. The world is not a beautiful place. While it's common sense, everyone secretly wishes for a beautiful world. A bit of a contradiction. I'm alright by myself. I'm alright with being alone.

It was early morning. As my eyes fell over the sky, it was so expansive and sunny, as if telling me that I would someday have freedom in this confining world. Gazing into the hazy, far-off sky and gazing into the future were pretty much the same things to me. As I was thinking that I looked at the G5 Marinebase.

To be honest, I feel like I shouldn't have come here. But at the same time, I feel like I have to take responsibility. On the other hand, I also realized it was also partly due to me not wanting to go to restore supplies. Now that I think about it, this place is quite deserted. The reason I felt that way was because I have been on other marine bases where people could be found roaming around. I let out a sigh. Somehow I sensed that nothing but the trouble was waiting for me.

After waiting for some time we received the notice to come close to the main door. I felt something was set in motion. That's what my intuition told me the moment I had made my first step towards the building. I slowly walked through the forest, it didn't look that big, about half of the trees were dead, but the other half looked as if they'd just begun to recover from years of massive heat spells. I walked into that forest until I saw a door that appears to be the spot where we needed to come. I gazed at the arrangement which was really different from any other marine base, some members were not wearing the full formal Marine uniform as it was there home. Thinking back, this place has so many nasty rumors.

Miyagi was walking beside me causing those marines who were within the grounds to give her meaningful looks all at once. Well, I guess that's understandable. While the two of us were walking together, our expressions did not diminish even by a fraction, however, during the entire trip, she did not look at me at all. But thanks to her laughing faintly just now, I was spared from self-loathing.

I pointed in the direction of the door. "This is the main door?" The door was solid metal. Nothing was going to budge it. The surface was flat and shiny like the outside of a stainless steel refrigerator. Surrounded by blue walls, there was nothing else to do but stare.

"Maybe" Miyagi mumbled as she pondered over something.

While we were looking for a door to open some marines came walking over. Stepping heavily at where I was standing. One of them, who had a red-tipped nose, stared at me suspiciously.

"...And you are?" He asked brusquely.

"Nero the Bounty Hunter. I was asked to come here to report."

The man furrowed his brow as if displeased by Nero, "Haven't heard that name, and I don't give a crap either ... now tell us who's the pretty lady?"

He ended his sentence in a flirtatious voice while I was stared at intently. Did he get where he's standing? Having rushed here in the cold only to be treated like this, I was naturally sullen. Miyagi looked surprised when he asked that question. But Nero clutched his head in irritation and said. "She's none of your concern."

Marine gave off an annoyed expression. With fist still dramatically raised, he began an unceasing torrent of loud declarations. "You want to pick a fight with me asshole?"

My eyes were icy cold when I replied. "…Isn't that just nice for you? Now I can put you out of your misery right here."

Our eyes met and both of us glared at each other. Miyagi merely rolled her eyes in silence. I sighed, "You're not worth my time."

Note: I used marine with the permission of the host.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
~ Within G-5 Headquarter's ~

So the Bounty Hunter defeated Monet and the infamous Ceaser Clown, huh? ... Though if i recall correctly wasn't Commodore Shaarib also pivotal as he didn't get a promotion and with this incident it's likely related. The Commodore who after ending the Den Den Call wondered, though what was on his mind was wonder why there's two Government teams, one being the Shichubukai who are scum of the earth as no matter what they are still scum and then there's the Bounty Hunters. The man sighed as he headed out of the room to turn left down the corridor as he passed there was windows and many achievements of the Vice-Admiral who was a public image. He continued down the hall to the landing as he headed where there was the sign symbolising the stairs. The man then continued to walk as the name Nero he had heard about though not as much as the next person.

A marine soldier saluted the Commodore informing him that the Bounty Hunters have made their way outside the main gate and are awaiting to come in. "
Open the doors" the Commodore shouted as the followed with "Inform the Vice-Admiral about this now too".

Just as he would give those orders he could hear tension building up outside as the man used his Observation Haki in being aware of the situation.

Yarisugi
[IMG]

Level 50
50 x 5 = 250
Strength: 51+10=61
Speed: 65+15=80
80x2=160
-Reaction: 80
-Movement: 80
Vitality:51+10=61
61x2=122
-Durability:61
-Stamina:61
Haki: 42
42x2=84
-Armament Haki:42
-Observation Haki:42
Martial Arts: 41
41x2=82
-Swordmanship: 82

Observation Haki: 42 - Will be used for Awareness

42 x 2 = 84 Meters
"What is this commotion?" as the door opened. The doors opened as the Commodore stared noting the Bounty Hunter in person. So this is the Bounty Hunter Nero, huh. Doesn't look that special and mighty as the rumors are like what they are rumors just nothing but a whole bag of bull shit, he thought as he smiled staring at him.

Purrruuu Purruuu Purrruuu a Den Den began to call and vibrate within the Commodore's pocket, it was his personal one with the snail resembling a bit like the Vice Admiral. It's Vergo-San he thought as he answered. "Bring the Bounty Hunter up i have business with him and no one interrupts us and bring me a hamburger and milkshake".

The Den Den call ended as a Catcha~ came at the end. The Commodore then commanded the soldiers to
"Take the corpses of Monet and perform a autopsy on it, remember no one fucks about on my watch." He then stared at the Bounty Hunter and said "It will only be you and the Vice Admiral" pointing at him and then told him "Follow me, i'll escort you to Vergo-San's Office."

As we then head into Vergo's office who had just been informed that the Bounty Hunter is at the front with the Commodore and will be brought upstairs. "So he was the one who according to the report was the one who killed Monet and that brat named Shaarib was the one who killed Ceaser" he looked annoyed sat on his chair tapping his finger against his desk looking at the marine reports. So this is the guy who was recently promoted because of his actions at Punk Hazard.

As a vein throbbed on the left side above his eyebrow I'll put them both in their place, they are few screws who got bent when being hammered. He snarled in thoughts awaiting the Bounty Hunter to come in.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Follow me, I'll escort you to Vergo-San's Office."
I felt confused as I didn't understand his intentions, what he's planning to do? Something's definitely off. Somehow, I started to wonder what other people were thinking. Looking around, people were pretending to not have noticed or had a hesitant look. When I stared at Miyagi unintentionally, our eyes met for just a moment. I could tell that we shared the same thoughts. Both of us considered this situation not very easy going. Among the confusion, she had a completely expressionless look.

As I tried to take my first step, I was instantly stopped by Miyagi who tried to talk to me. "Why he wants to meet you?"

"I don't know. Perhaps he wants to talk about something" I just wanted to give my opinion, but I wasn't really sure what to say to her. We both deliberately sighed.

For the time being, I decide to follow the Commodore over the Vice-Admiral office. But still, I knew I shouldn't let my guard down around Vergo, he would definitely be planning something. Being somewhere like that felt like a mistake, and the thought of meeting someone like Vergo didn't gave me any good feeling either. The worst-case scenario in my mind was that Vergo intends to make me talk about the punk hazard incident but it should not be possible. And for the first time, I realized how much of a crisis this government was facing with its members like that. I wondered whether this was also the Vergo's schemes having me in his office. Resigning myself to come with any conclusion I continued walking towards the office room. Soon after, I arrived at the office room, my first glance at the clock on the wall, then I knocked on the metal door, and waited for a response from inside. The building seemed rather desolate. I wondered what it was for. Having made a firm resolution about entering the door,

I only furrowed my brows, before drooping my shoulders and saying. "It's Nero, I believe you wanted to meet me."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I knocked on the metal door, and waited for a response from inside. The building seemed rather desolate. I wondered what it was for. Having made a firm resolution about entering the door,

I only furrowed my brows, before drooping my shoulders and saying. "It's Nero, I believe you wanted to meet me."
Just before the knocking, Vergo swiveled out of his chair and walked by the window looking out at sea with his hands behind his pack with hand in hand. Vergo was just contemplating i wonder if Yarisugi knows how to make me a Sea King Hamburger.

As the door banged echoing the knocking, Vergo took a deep breath as he opened his mouth speaking in a clear tone "Come in Bounty Hunter". There was a moment of silence then Vergo would say "Bounty Hunter, my information tells me you was the one that not only defeated but killed Monet. So how much of this is true? ... Give me the details and none of the crap. "

It wasn't over there as Vergo had many questions to ask, as they was to come fast and direct. As Vergo turned around revealing he still had that hamburger stuck on his face but also a teaspoon.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As the door banged echoing the knocking, Vergo took a deep breath as he opened his mouth speaking in a clear tone "Come in Bounty Hunter". There was a moment of silence then Vergo would say "Bounty Hunter, my information tells me you was the one that not only defeated but killed Monet. So how much of this is true? ... "
As I entered inside the office I was greeted by sudden question his expression was dead serious and harbored a coldness that could burn you like dry ice could. To me, Vergo was merely displaying his confidence, though it was nothing but a show of arrogance. Indeed, there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. Perhaps they're actually one and the same thing even. Yet to even I feel angry with that, I felt Vergo pretty much matched the description for the mask-like Justice and smiled to myself in amusement.

However, not minding that, I continued walking. Now for the main problem; Is to answer his question I shifted my gaze to Vergo, I was not very interested. So I uninterestedly answered it like that. "Maybe, but can you say with 100% certainty I'm telling the truth? Or do I need to defeat you for that?".

I narrowed my eyes and sighed in amusement or awe after I took a glance at Vergo face revealing a stuck hamburger and teaspoon on his face. Perhaps that was strange but I let out a slight laugh. Even if I was laughing I was my guard, though if he doesn't lay a hand on me, I won't make any moves either...... But then, I don't know how he's gonna take my last reply, so I have to keep my guard up.

Either way...... I don't intend to become relaxed in the office of this guy.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As the bounty hunter entered Vergo stared looked him up and down thinking So this is the man the infamous Bounty Hunter, but he looks like a little kid. Though i cant judge on appearance. Vergo then patiently awaited for his reply for the question he asked as he listened to his reply.
"Maybe, but can you say with 100% certainty I'm telling the truth? Or do I need to defeat you for that?".
Hoh "Snarky brat ... Is that so? ... i admit seeing you in person is different than the reports of you. I doubt you'll even match my sword skills." as Vergo then waited for a few seconds before saying "you say you beat and killed Monet, maybe i can test and see that for myself".

"You really dont know how to address your adults .... " as he sees him chuckles a little which gets on his nerves a little

Perhaps that was strange but I let out a slight laugh.
As Vergo cracks his knuckles as he slowly archs down kicking himself off the ground as he appears next to the door as he says "Geppo"
Basic Geppo:
Requirements:
11 Mastery, 21 Movement Speed, 21 Strength.
Description: The user kicks off the air with such force that they lift off.
Mastery divided by 2 is the amount of times you can kick before having to land.

Mastery 81 divide by 2 = 40.5 (rounding to nearest number) = 40
Vergo
[IMG]

Level 70
70 x 5 = 350
Strength: 62+19=81
Speed: 59+19=78
78x2=156
-Reaction: 78
-Movement: 78
Vitality: 67+14=81
81x2=162
Haki: 81
81x2= 162
-Armament Haki:81
-Observation Haki:81
Martial Arts: 81
81x2=162
-Bamboo: 81
-Rokushiki: 81

Rokushiki has replaced Brawling as discussed with Larsi over it, so he is aware of the change.

Vergo calls for a soldier who is stationed outside the room who was alerted by his presence. "You make sure no one butts in get everyone off the 3rd floor and 2nd floor vacated now you have 60 seconds to warn everyone now and let Yarisugi know too"

As Vergo turned around "59, 58, 57, 56 ... " as he grabbed a clock as the time countdown began as Vergo grabbed his bamboo stick that was placed under his desk to the side. Vergo then grabbed the desk and threw it to the side.

"You me 1 v 1 once the minute is done, i'll get to see myself what your made of" as Vergo tightened his grip on his bamboo.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Level 62
62 × 5 = 310
Human Bonus: 12+12+12+18 in Str, Spd, Vit, M.A.
MA Bonus in Speed
Strength
: 79 + 12 = 91
Speed: 72.5 + 12 + 5 = 89.5 × 2 = 179
-Reaction: 98 + 3(When CoO is activate)
-Movement: 81
Vitality: 69 + 12 = 81 × 2 = 162
Haki: 56 x 2 = 112
-Armament Haki: 81
-Observation Haki(Precognition): 31
Martial Arts: 27.5 + 18= 45.5 × 2 = 91
-Ittoryu/Nitoryu: 91

Remaining Points: 6
As Vergo cracks his knuckles as he slowly archs down kicking himself off the ground as he appears next to the door as he says "Geppo"
Vergo closed in with frightening speed. He was practically on the other side of the office from his chair, the distance between the two of us shortened in no time at all. from normal eye perspective, he'd looks as if he was moving at an unbelievably quick speed. So no matter how one looked at it, it was a frightening turn of speed, that's for sure. It's like our speed is about the same, well, the 'speed' was a relative thing, after all.

I narrowed my eyes. It's coming!

Just in a matter of seconds, he gave a direct order to all marine of the 2nd and 3rd floor to clear them, it seems he was preparing for all out fight. Although I could judge his emotions from his eyes and expression, I don't think it's gonna make any difference. His rough voice, like the feeling of cutting thick cardboard with scissors, was making me really annoyed.

The surrounding atmosphere momentarily changed from that of the warm mid-spring to one which would be found in freezing winter. After a brief silence, I glared at him with a gaze that could freeze whoever it was directed at, and spoke in a supremely intimidating voice:

"Well, Vergo... I'll be sure to put that name on your tombstone." Said I and send sharp glare at Vergo direction with ominous bloodshot in my eyes as I draw my sword, "Let's do this!"

No one would blame me for killing him if he really is a traitor. I couldn't help but smile bitterly at the thought I would be a criminal if he's no traitor.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
~ Vergo vs Nero ~

"10, 9 , 8 ..." as Vergo smiled staring at Nero.
"Well, Vergo... I'll be sure to put that name on your tombstone."
arrogant brat Vergo snarled as he grinned knowing it was a few seconds remaining. As he said "3, 2 , 1, 0 .... Tekkai Sai" he immediately said straight after 0 without a second of thought. He then thrusted himself by accelerating and in process hardening himself with Tekkai as his body rippled and shook a little to symbolise the body hardening. But that was not all he then coated his arm to his shoulder as he prepared to shoulder bash into the enemy.
Tekkai "Sai"
Requirements:
46 Mastery, 41 Strength, 41 Movement Speed and 41 Durability
DPS: B
Description: After using Geppo to project himself towards his opponent, the user uses Tekkai to harden his body, smashing the enemy.

+2 Hardening = 61-80: 4. Small Building Level = DPR A

~ Meanwhile Elsewhere ~

As the order came down Yarisugi expression was that he was baffled as to what was going on, just why is escorting themselves downstairs? as a marine soldier comes over saluting informing of the Vice-Admiral's decision. Yarisugi simple stared as he informed all soldiers to further escort out of HQ's entirely. "I dont know whats going here but UNIT 06 G-5 SOLDIERS ALL OF YOU FORM A LINE AND PROVIDE BACK UP" he shouted and commanded.

I dont know what you are planning Vergo-San, he then turned to the Bounty Hunter Miyagi as he unsheated his sword pointing it at her. "You what the fuck is going on bitch?" he then looked up as he overheard some noise from above which was from the desk that was thrown to the side as it ricocheted enough to be heard. It was a clatter of wood loud enough to be heard. He then dropped his sword pointed at her and sheathed wondering.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
3rd point of view

He then thrusted himself by accelerating and in process hardening himself with Tekkai as his body rippled and shook a little to symbolise the body hardening. But that was not all he then coated his arm to his shoulder as he prepared to shoulder bash into the enemy.
So having reached this point, Nero put on a font like he had hardened his resolve and with his observation haki he tries to see through Vergo movements. Judging from Vergo speed, his physical strength or defense shouldn't be far off.

But if he blocks his attack with armament hardening he might able to defend himself from coming attack, but this will leave him wide open in the process. When his thoughts arrived at this point, his expression rapidly hardened. Fighting against an enemy you can't truly comprehend was a terrifying prospect, indeed.

Nero's grip on his sword tightened and his brow knit as his sword hardened with armament coating; he had to show Vergo his place. His step echoed as he put his concentration on his right foot before moving his sword slightly back than lifting the left foot as he swings his sword towards Vergo executing air slashes in his direction

A smirk plastered across Nero's face, he was aware that Vergo can't dodge his attack at such a close distance he had to go head-on against air slash. While it was not an incorrect decision to make for Vergo, but that didn't mean it was the correct one, either.

Requirements: 41 Mastery, 41 Strength
Destructive Potency Rank: B

Haki(CoA): +2 Boost

-Meanwhile elsewhere-

"You what the fuck is going on bitch?"
Miyagi, who glanced at the marine who just pointed his sword towards her as she spoke sarcastically and her expression showed no sign of any emotion in particular. "I'm sort of surprised that you have to point your sword on me despite it was Vice Admiral Vergo who wanted to meet Nero not him"

Soon her expression softened as she continued "Well, I suppose it can't be helped" without looking away from the direction where the sound comes from. Her words were filled with concern for Nero, there was not a trace of emotion in the way Miyagi uttered them; to others she was like she couldn't care less but she was so worried that she could hardly hold her thoughts together.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
~ The Confrontation Continues - Part I ~

As Vergo got closer propelling himself forward he could see the Bounty Hunter adjusting his footwork as he began to perform a technique and coating it with Haki. As the two attacks grew closer and closer. The force of the two attacks began to cause a gust of wind that was blowing as the windows rattled, the walls began to crack with the ceiling and floor. It wasn't even that as there was more including books flying around though this changed as the gust began to blow quicker that would blow any man away as the windows shattered due to the clash of attacks. Vergo was in the midst of the attack he could feel the power coming from the attack though his attack also had power behind, it was as if the attacks were equal.

The attacks the both withered out as neither had enough ummpf behind them but the attacks absolutely demolished the rooms, it was as if a minuscule tornado was in the room as everything was blown around, the room was unable to handle the clash of attacks. He's strong then maybe those rumours about him weren't false though lets see if he can handle this, he thought to himself as he withdrew to analyse his target but that wasn't all he began to dust himself off as the hamburger that as on his face dropped to the floor. "Wait there i gotta eat" as he reached down and sat down on the floor and began to chow on the burger. This was very unusual of midst a fight to suddenly start chowing on food.

Vergo burped as he liked the burger as he dusted his hand getting back up to his feet as he cracks his neck "Sorry for that i'll give you a few second when you need it" he gave as a means of apology. As a swordsmen i must test my sword skills as Vergo elevated himself by jumping about a meter up in the air as his leg glowed as he then coated his left leg in hardening at the same time. That wasn't all as Vergo then said "Rankyaku Hyobi" . He then as if he swung his leg as if kicking as a air slash formed but it was as if a swirl with curls, similar to a mini crescent moon aimed at the bounty hunter.

Rankyaku "Hyobi"
Requirements: 51 Mastery, 41 strength
Destruction Potency: B
Description
: The user creates a large, powerful Rankyaku in the shape of a swirl, which is launched at the enemy like a razor blade. When it hits the opponent, he is damaged and stunned.

With Haki it becomes DPR: A (w/ +2)

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As both attacks connected a gust of wind and its impact started to destroy the entire room, books flying around, with cracks running up their walls, the very office that was looking neat and clean just seconds no longer exist. Flower vases, paintings, or elegant furniture: all the decorations that happen to fall into his sight are smashed and destroyed. Moreover, the Vergo attack has attack powers equal to Nero's sword attack.

Nero didn't move back a single step. He still maintained the swift and ferocious attacking posture. This fight will be hard in a situation where their powers were completely equal to each other.

"Wait there i gotta eat"
Nero couldn't help but feel it was so ridiculous that he wanted to laugh. But the sound of his laughter was at the same time mocking Vergo, who was just eating at the moment... sure Nero can respect Vergo for that and let him eat his food first as he waited for him to finish it.

"Sorry for that i'll give you a few second when you need it" he gave as a means of apology.
Not apologetic at all, Nero smiled, baring his teeth; then he flexed his neck, pretending to be serious. Nero tried looked for just one attack with a weak aiming. With just that, he can twist his body instead of parrying and rely on his high-class attacks which drains his stamina immensely.

"It does seem like victory will not be gained that easily..." Muttering, Nero didn't seem too discouraged and rather spoke with an amused voice. Visibly, this man greatly enjoyed competing against a formidable enemy.

Nero understood. Vergo's next charge will render the advantage of the range of his sword. Good thing was that he can grasp Vergo's speed. Coated with Invisible haki Nero rested his sword on his shoulder as he dashes towards Vergo after measuring the timing of his strike. The attack begins with a diagonal slash from top right to the bottom left, then Nero made a full circle spin, drawing his sword backward in the middle of spin in the preparation of his next attack. This leads to a second diagonal slash from the bottom-right to top-left, followed by a horizontal slash from left to right. Nero then executes an upward vertical slash, performing a backward somersault. This is followed by a horizontal slash from right to left and another full circle spin, which leads to a diagonal slash from the bottom-right to the top left. stopping at face height. And from this position, Nero spins his sword in full circle to hit Vergo from his right side.

Requirements: 71 Mastery, 71 Strength and 71 Movement Speed
Destructive Potency Rank: A

Invisible Haki: +1

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nero understood. Vergo's next charge will render the advantage of the range of his sword. Good thing was that he can grasp Vergo's speed. Coated with Invisible haki Nero rested his sword on his shoulder as he dashes towards Vergo after measuring the timing of his strike. The attack begins with a diagonal slash from top right to the bottom left, then Nero made a full circle spin, drawing his sword backward in the middle of spin in the preparation of his next attack. This leads to a second diagonal slash from the bottom-right to top-left, followed by a horizontal slash from left to right. Nero then executes an upward vertical slash, performing a backward somersault. This is followed by a horizontal slash from right to left and another full circle spin, which leads to a diagonal slash from the bottom-right to the top left. stopping at face height. And from this position, Nero spins his sword in full circle to hit Vergo from his right side.
Vergo spotted the ranged of directions the Bounty Hunter attacked just like me he's attack in various ways as the attacks collided creating a a screech of noise. The room wasn't able to tolerate the attacks as the floor beneath began to crack and crumble into dust but not only that walls too. The attacks collided screeching destroying the walls and windows nearby the room. Though as all this occured Vergo was unaware of what was to come as the Bounty Hunter continued in attacking in creating air slashes. The slashes then began to go through the Rankyaku Hyobi and were on route to hit Vergo dead on.

The attacks then landed hitting bang on the money, blod was shedded as it gushed out as Vergo could do nothing but get hit dead on slashing through his attacks. The attack had Vergo smash and sent him back in the process destroying the rest of the room as Vergo threw the debris situated in front noting the Bamboo was still tightened in his hand. Hmmm ... as he raised himself dusting himself off as he coughed then spat out some blood.

He then visibly coated his bamboo slamming it against the floor and then to the left as it destroyed the wall behind as Vergo prepared himself by coating his entire arm as well. He clenched his jaws breathing heavily. He gazed ferociously at the man as he then lunged himself preparing to slam his stick.

Oni Take ("Demon Bamboo"): The source of his nickname, Vergo imbues his bamboo stick with Busoshoku Haki, turning it jet black and incredibly hard, and then strikes down his foe. It was first used to snap Smoker's Nanashaku Jitte in half while defeating the vice admiral at the same time. This attack was powerful enough to create a shockwave that dented several layers of steel in front of him.
DPR: A, requires 71 mastery, 71 Strength

+2 Hardening = DPR S

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Another shockwave. Before the iron doors were destroyed, the walls around them could barely take such a powerful impact and could collapse at any moment. With soaring dust, the iron doors fell into the floor. impacted heavily on the top of the stone slab; the slab, which looked as if it must weigh at least several tons, was easily flung into the air out of the floor.

Spurt... the sound of blood splashing out entered Nero's eardrums. When Vergo stands to continue ss if observing something truly nonsensical, the stray smile around the corner of Nero's mouth never reached his eyes. Although Nero was able to counter Vergo's speed and power, he had command of techniques that stretched beyond Nero's ability.

He then visibly coated his bamboo slamming it against the floor and then to the left as it destroyed the wall behind as Vergo prepared himself by coating his entire arm as well. He clenched his jaws breathing heavily. He gazed ferociously at the man as he then lunged himself preparing to slam his stick.
"What the hell's your problem? You really TRYIN' to kill me!?" Nero had nothing to say after this, and he had no intention to let Vergo go of the hook either. He wanted to cleave Vergo in half with one sword blow; with no hesitation left, he coated his sword with armament hardening.

Nero kicked off the ground at full force towards Vergo. Nero then performs a mid-air forward somersault, reversing his grip at the same time. As the Nero land, he thrust his sword into the ground. At that moment, a surge of electricity is generated by the sword. If Vergo hit by the skill directly will suffer physical damage, If anyone also caught in the range of the electric attack is additionally stunned.

In the middle of executing his attack, Nero realizes he was really curious about why Vergo asked him about Monet personally, or he even knows about Monet's strength in the first place or knows her on personal levels. He had no idea if this was true or not, but he was strangely curious about it. This only further irritated Nero as he says, "Earlier you said you don't believe me that I defeated Monet, so how the hell you know her?"

Requirements: 81 Mastery, 81 Strength and 51 Movement Speed
Destructive Potency Rank: A
Hardening Boost: +2

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
~ The Confrontation Continues - Part III ~
~ Flashback ~

As Vergo and Nero lunged themselves at each other with full momentum it was clear again Vergo was just a little outmatched in terms of power output but their attacks clashed furiously demolishing the hall way, the room itself and even the floor was no more. Vergo struck his bamboo with enough force but the blunt of the attack could still be felt reeling through his hand as smoke covered the room with debris everywhere and dust in the air. It was not only that as the sand and dust cleared electricity volts ran as if a current through as Vergo was slammed into a room opposite his office. Vergo was a little electrocuted as he got up and stared at Nero.

"Earlier you said you don't believe me that I defeated Monet, so how the hell you know her?"
Vergo smiles as he stares downwards remembering the time back when he first caught wind of her back when she joined the family. She was a human with human limbs and not with the appearance of a harpy. At that time Vergo recently was promoted to Captain of the Marines, though he bared a slight remembrance to what he looks like now but with a bowl haircut and lacking a full beard.

Ever since the report at Marineford (
see here), Vergo knew of the marines would want to spice up their bases. Therefore there had to be protocol's set in place ahead of time by Vergo. The protocol being beefing the base with soldiers of his own granting them slight leniency. This in turn would acquire a motif behind his actions as he would be pardoned by his own soldiers as they would look up to him. Vergo would use their ideology to his advantage by continuously providing support of people missing here and there, but not only that the whole of Punk Hazard too.

This didn't also go to Vergo's relationship with his own G-5 Marine soldiers but those of the public, if Vergo spoke they listened but couldn't help but believe in him as he had their favor. This was a means to hide his true intentions and his true side under the code name Corazon he was granted many years prior.

How i know of Monet he asks, hmmm i remember her barely but i knew she joined around the time i began my espionage within the Marines. I was nothing but a young man, just following order. It's also once i became captain i won favor of the resident islands inhabitants around here and was promoted Captain of G-5. Due to an empty vacancy i soon rose up the ranks within the Marines then later becoming Vice-Admiral and Commander of G-5. It was also about this time Monet i came face to face as she was sent to me directly by Doffy. I knew instantly i had the trust of him to ensure everything was going to plan. As he finished his thoughts thinking back of how he knew of Monet, he needed to test her strength and was impressed of what he saw.

Vergo takes a moment as he breathes slowly but steadily as blood is seen dripping out through his coat and out of his wounds that he suffered was enough to cut him. He looks up at Nero and says, "You asked me how i know Monet, then how about we agree on one thing. If you defeat me here and now i will reveal. But if you lose i have something in mind that will make you lose your mind." The ending of what he said he gave the intentions ferociously as his tone was loud and aggressive.

~ Meanwhile Elsewhere (Outside) ~

The earlier attack of Vergo and the Bounty Hunter clashed violently that alerted a lot of the marines as Yarisuigi staring at the room wondered This is one violent fight we are baring witness too but this was his choice that he made, i just there's not many repercussions as so far the part of the base is taking a heavy toll.

Yarisuigi turned around and ordered his men to stand back as he looked in Miyagi's direction but couldn't help be drawn to her beauty as he blushed, shaking his head after as his Unit copied him with hearts in their eyes. "Men stand back!" ... "you bounty hunters i dont really like you guys but i dont wanna come up with a report of how there was dead corpses to the WG, so stand back as even i am getting a bad feeling about this."

@Oreki

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The impact force from each and every one of their steps destroyed the ground below. The noises of all creations being destroyed continued to ring out like a wonderful symphony. Nero took a sweeping look around the messily destroyed surroundings. It was then.

"You asked me how i know Monet, then how about we agree on one thing. If you defeat me here and now i will reveal. But if you lose i have something in mind that will make you lose your mind."
Nero standing there like a machine. He started to laugh like mechanical and played out repeatedly: "Ahaha!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" In a voice that was loud, Nero laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

The weird noise that came from his mouth sounded like friction between the air and his teeth. The noise didn't stop resounding within the surroundings, it would make someone think there was one of those human-eating monster seen in the movies there. The sound is extremely frightening.

Licking his lips, he could taste the blood flavor, Nero continues to laugh. Nero's laughter abruptly came to a stop. As if nothing had happened at all, he stared at Vergo again. Right now Nero's expression showed no sign of any emotion in particular. In order to keep down his killing intent, Nero forced a smile.

"I can't help myself, it's completely irrational, you think you can win against me, the future I see for you is hell Vergo." Nero starts speaking with Vergo, a killing intent flowing into the tip of his of a sword, only his gaze keeping its freshness. Both had pride in their trained skills and strength. They both have the pride of a warrior hidden in their hearts, yet they didn't understand each other.

"Let's settle this!" Nero swings his sword so fast that the normal eye could not even follow it's speed. To create a distortion in space to engulfs Vergo to slice him multiple times by the blade in very rapid succession. The ability is capable of hitting any enemies that are within the rather large distortion radius.

Requirementsn: 91 strength, 91 mastery, AoE is mastery dependent
Destructive Potency Rank: S
Hardening Boost: +2