Current Events General "New World" Thread!

Best "arc" so far in the "New World"?

• Fishman Island

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Punk Hazard

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Dressrosa

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Zou

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Whole Cake Island

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Reverie pt 1

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Wano act 1

• Wano act 2

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
the point of the thread is to discuss everything, also events, plotlines and ideas/speculation, but you can discuss arcs, open plotlines, references from paradise :dogkek: it's the NEW WORLD, that's why I shared tekkings geography video because it entertained me in context with the New World.
:dogkek:The poll said and I quote " best arc so far in the new world" Whatever you wrote below has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the poll. Which means you created a poll and thread of two different topics. If you go back to my very first comment you can clearly see where I said people actually voted for WCI which meant to me people think WCI is better than Wano which is ludacris. I didn't really read your post beyond that. Not sure why you made a thread and poll of two completely separate topics so imma take the blame there but bruh...cmon:pepeban:
[automerge]1573769024[/automerge]
There wasnt any major progression in WCI it was a rescue arc. Luffy got a power boost and we got poneglyphs. The arc was bad from a story progression point of view.

• Haha
Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:dogkek:The poll said and I quote " best arc so far in the new world" Whatever you wrote below has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the poll. Which means you created a poll and thread of two different topics. If you go back to my very first comment you can clearly see where I said people actually voted for WCI which meant to me people think WCI is better than Wano which is ludacris. I didn't really read your post beyond that. Not sure why you made a thread and poll of two completely separate topics so imma take the blame there but bruh...cmon:pepeban:
[automerge]1573769024[/automerge]
There wasnt any major progression in WCI it was a rescue arc. Luffy got a power boost and we got poneglyphs. The arc was bad from a story progression point of view.
this thread delivers multiple purposes, it is a multientertainment part :dogkek: like Sabaody Park, the poll is just for bias
[automerge]1573770043[/automerge]

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
WCI was great for a side arc :catainu:
Compared it to the likes of Drum, Jaya or PH, WCI stomps all of them!

Even if WCI was just a side arc it was more exciting then FI with the weakass hodi or Dressrosa were Luffy had to fight his 3rd Shichibukai.

@Rej why splitting up Wano?!?
The n you should also add BBs one chapter arc or Reverie aftermath arc :datea:
Don't start man I don't want my dark side to pop up again. Argh let me say that all those arc you mentioned stomp WCI so far. Only thing that makes WCI Worth my money is Cracker getting one shot , the new version of G4 and the final fight.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Don't start man I don't want my dark side to pop up again. Argh let me say that all those arc you mentioned stomp WCI so far. Only thing that makes WCI Worth my money is Cracker getting one shot , the new version of G4 and the final fight.
you didn't like the cacao island clusterfuck in the end? :catcorn: oven-sama? sister Brulee flashback? :catcorn:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Bro they trying to trigga us cause they damn well know that arc was bad. :pepehands:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
WCI however just made a yonko look like trash.
For me WCI was a great Arc and it showed how powerful Yonkou are.
In this arc alone multiple factors played a role, with every single one of these Factor should be enough to let an Emperor fall.
  • Betrayel of the Sun Pirates
  • Betrayel and assasination plan of the Sun Pirates
  • Letting the Annihilation of Germa Kingdom fail, Germa Fights Back from the INSIDE
  • Tamatebako explosion and destruction of the Castle
  • The illness of the Yonkou kicks in and Strawhats almost completly exploiting it
This combined with the typical underestimating of the Strawhats was barely enough to be able to escape from a Yonkou territory without too many loses.

For me this "let a Yonkou look like trash" is caused by the salty fandom who didn't expect the cake plot, the ones who we're afraid BM might really fall. Still remember people calling me crazy after I told them there will be a great final on Cacao Island^^
"No, Germa won't appear again. They are cowards who will just runaway", "Sun Pirates are already far away", "Bege won't help SHP another time", "Nox Pirates won't try to revenge Pedro(in the end only Pekoms...)" and so on^^

But well one man's meat is another man's posion or what should I say?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What about donuts? ??

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
For me WCI was a great Arc and it showed how powerful Yonkou are.
In this arc alone multiple factors played a role, with every single one of these Factor should be enough to let an Emperor fall.
  • Betrayel of the Sun Pirates
  • Betrayel and assasination plan of the Sun Pirates
  • Letting the Annihilation of Germa Kingdom fail, Germa Fights Back from the INSIDE
  • Tamatebako explosion and destruction of the Castle
  • The illness of the Yonkou kicks in and Strawhats almost completly exploiting it
This combined with the typical underestimating of the Strawhats was barely enough to be able to escape from a Yonkou territory without too many loses.

For me this "let a Yonkou look like trash" is caused by the salty fandom who didn't expect the cake plot, the ones who we're afraid BM might really fall. Still remember people calling me crazy after I told them there will be a great final on Cacao Island^^
"No, Germa won't appear again. They are cowards who will just runaway", "Sun Pirates are already far away", "Bege won't help SHP another time", "Nox Pirates won't try to revenge Pedro(in the end only Pekoms...)" and so on^^

But well one man's meat is another man's posion or what should I say?
You bring valid points but Dressrosa also was the starting point to the formation of a deadly alliance as well many other things to say it's the worst arc is a stretch. When I compare WCI to every other arc to me it's the worst. While it did achieve something the overall journey was bad which is my main problem. Oda is still a great writer but that arc man.

Big Mom power level is insane but making a yonko look like trash has nothing to do with power level. It's not even the cake plot its just Big mom in general. Even Kaido whooped Luffy's ass himself and I had a whole other level of respect for him as a yonko. It made me feel like I could take him seriously and think oh shit this guy means business. Even Kidd himself fucked around with Big Mom. Where did that get him with Kaido? His ass beat and thrown in cell. Yep Wano so far has done yonko justice while Big Mom constantly look like a joke. She needs to get serious otherwise I will never take her seriously.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You bring valid points but Dressrosa also was the starting point to the formation of a deadly alliance as well many other things to say it's the worst arc is a stretch. When I compare WCI to every other arc to me it's the worst. While it did achieve something the overall journey was bad which is my main problem. Oda is still a great writer but that arc man.

Big Mom power level is insane but making a yonko look like trash has nothing to do with power level. It's not even the cake plot its just Big mom in general. Even Kaido whooped Luffy's ass himself and I had a whole other level of respect for him as a yonko. It made me feel like I could take him seriously and think oh shit this guy means business. Even Kidd himself fucked around with Big Mom. Where did that get him with Kaido? His ass beat and thrown in cell. Yep Wano so far has done yonko justice while Big Mom constantly look like a joke. She needs to get serious otherwise I will never take her seriously.
She is serious in Wano though? She beat up Queen in two hits then fought Kaido to a draw before forming a Yonko alliance that shook the world.

Luffy got pretty thrashed by Big Mom too even in Udon.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
She is serious in Wano though? She beat up Queen in two hits then fought Kaido to a draw before forming a Yonko alliance that shook the world.

She still took the L
[automerge]1573797089[/automerge]
Goddamit I fell for it :pepehammer:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Big Mom power level is insane but making a yonko look like trash has nothing to do with power level.
I didn't talk about powerlvl just about circumstances. And to be honest for me Kaidou and his crew get a worse treatment then BM and her crew.
On the one hand we have BM and her Hunger tantrums in the onther hand Kaidou the emotional drunktard.

And if we compared the crews. Both fear crews fear their captain, but BMs crew was at least well organized. Kaidous crew consist of idiots. The evil brain in Wano is Orochi.

Also the prison in WCI was better then the Wano prison. Kaidou let Luffy train in his own basically becoming able to free himself in His own. In WCI he was tortured and only managed to escape through Jinbeis betrayel.

Even Kidd himself fucked around with Big Mom.
This statement feels so wrong for me. Kidd reached WCI and was kicked out again. Yeah he might have reached his Goal, but he didn't even face BM.

You bring valid points but Dressrosa also was the starting point to the formation of a deadly alliance as well many other things to say it's the worst arc is a stretch
I never said DR is the worst Arc, but I could never see Doflamingo as real threat he was just another Shichibukai. And this Made the Arc boring for me.

When I compare WCI to every other arc to me it's the worst. While it did achieve something the overall journey was bad which is my main problem. Oda is still a great writer but that arc man.
For me WCI was great, because of all the unexpected and crazy plot Twists and was'n:t so linear and predictable. The only thing I didn't like was the forced fight between Luffy and Katakuri everything else was great for me.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Im about 4 chapters behind also we are talking about WCI once again proving point that Wano better

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
People actually voted for WCI lmao
So? There are plenty of people that do like the WCI arc, there is nothing wrong with that. The Fish-Man Island arc is an arc that gets downplayed and it's one of my least favorite arcs but I know there are still people that like that arc, but you don't see me being like "wow there are people that like Fish-Man Island haha."

I actually enjoyed drum and jaya is not that great but that was an early point in the series also why you using pre time skip arcs? This only proves my point that WCI is the worst post time skip. Cause you gotta compare it to bad arcs pre time skips.
What's wrong with comparing a post timeskip arc to a pre timeskip arc? Is there a rule that says that you can't compare post timeskip arcs to pre timeskip?

Dressrosa was better than WCI and I think the point of the thread was the best one so far. FI was like an intro and it was decent return for the SHP didnt expect anything major but it did what it aet out to do. WCI however just made a yonko look like trash.
Lol Dressrosa was good but it was not better than WCI, the Tontatta side plot was boring, the Doffy fight was good but it got dragged on for way too long, and the birdcage was the worst part of the arc especially with the chapters that was focused on nothing but the people trying to push the birdcage. WCI made a Yonko look like trash? Did you even read the WCI arc? Did you forgot that Big Mom was the one that made the plan to lure Luffy and the others to the seducing woods, sent Cracker to take out Luffy, planned the whole Vinsmoke Massacre, blocked G4 Luffy's Kong Gun like it was nothing, and easily took out Judge, Niji, and Yonji. As for the climax of the arc which is the part of the arc that I'm guessing you think the arc made a Yonko look like trash, well guess what it didn't. Sure Big Mom was underwhelming during that part of the arc and imo also annoying with her saying the same thing over and over again but despite the nerf she was still a force to be reckoned with, no matter what Big Mom almost killed the SHs multiple times and the only reason why they survived was because of plot and help. The WCI arc did not make a Yonko look like trash, you should get that idea that the Yonko's are perfect beings out of your head because guess what they aren't.

It's fine if you don't like the WCI arc but don't be a jerk and laugh at those who do like the arc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The thing about WCI is that it was a big arc consisting of 78 chapters introducing Luffy's first tryst with a Yonko . I don't say it was a bad arc but not the best by far . Compare to the other arcs beside Fishman, it was not what I expected from Oda in such a big setting . This is why I guess people dislike it not that it was a bad arc but paled somewhat from their expectations . But that doesn't stop from people proclaiming Katakuri as their favourite character . Actually this itself tells a lot .

Dressrosa would have faced the same hate if not for Doflamingo's twisted nature and the great backstory of Law. Still it is not that liked by many . The Colosseum tournament also had its moments . Revival of Sabo also made a great impression . Sanji's backstory was good too but noway near that of Law's . We cannot forget Fujitora , a highly unusual marine doing unprecedented things . Last but not the least Senor Pink . Hardbolied .
And I am well in minority but I liked Bellamy's character development .It was nicely done in such a short time .

But this is my perspective .
PS : I didn't vote for Dressrosa , it was 10-15 chapters too big LOL .

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One of the reasons why I really liked the WCI arc was because it was the first time we finally got to see how dangerous the New World is and how dangerous a Yonko's territory is, Dressrosa and Punk Hazard imo didn't feel all that dangerous. Not saying those two arcs didn't have any dangerous moments but it just didn't feel as dangerous as what WCI was, and at the end of the day when those two arcs ended everyone was fine and was celebrating by having a feast. However when the WCI arc ended we know that two characters sacrificed themselves, some others stayed behind to help the SHs escape leaving their status unknown, and there was no huge celebration.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My Votes are

Zou - just incredible arc. Everything was awesome , the misteries , the action , friendship and overall it was the first Arc in NW that made me remember pre TS OP.

Punk Hazard - I know a lot of people shit on PH but i always thought it is an amazing arc. We got introduced to so much plot and characters and it is an arc that started the entire New World adventure.

Reverie - I mean how can i not vote Reverie , just amazing

_________

I didn't vote Dressrosa and WCI bcs i felt those 2 arcs had a lot of problems. WCI was so heavy on plot armor and cheap cliffhangers it ruined my reader experience. Dressrosa on other hand left a poor taste in my mouth bcs of the pacing. I always felt like that arc could have been several chapters shorter

Fishman Island was okay

Wano so far is 6.5/10 for me.

Top Bottom