Questions & Mysteries How does Luffy's seastone training help him?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I believe that there is a reason that Oda focused Luffy's training in Udon in 3 different areas:
  • Base stats. Stamina, physical strength.
  • Advanced Observation Haki.
  • Armament Haki and Advanced Haki.
Base stats of Luffy wont make him go (just to give an example) to destroy a building to destroy a mountain. I dont think that Oda wanted to make Luffy a physical monster by giving him some muscles.

The amount of Haki that Luffy can use is determined by his stamina. Oda, by making Luffy train his physical stats will give him an extra stamina boost therefore, more Haki to use. In other words, Gear 4 can be used more longer.

We saw that in Dresrossa, Luffy could use Gear 4 like twenty minutes, the same amount in WCI. With this training Luffy can last longer now, not have a stronger haki, but lasting longer now. Another improvement we might see from training his base, is, now that he has more Haki storage, he wont suffer that aftereffects of Gear 4 which is not having Haki after Gear 4 for 10 minutes. Thanks to this, there wont be need to run or hide, maybe he can enter Gear 4 after 10 minutes without resting.

Now, with his Haki training, he is gonna have extra power in all his Gears, this extra power is not from making him Haki stronger or his physical power greater, it is from having more skill over his haki. He now can gather more Haki around his fists to increase his power and much better, transfer his haki to his enemies body to attack from the inside out.
Nope Luffy will be a more of a physical monster than he already is. Seastone training improves his muscle and gives him more physical strength.

Not only that but a stronger base means stronger Gears.

10% stronger base means 20% stronger in Gear 2 overall.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nope Luffy will be a more of a physical monster than he already is. Seastone training improves his muscle and gives him more physical strength.

Not only that but a stronger base means stronger Gears.

10% stronger base means 20% stronger in Gear 2 overall.
I never said he wont get stronger, what I said he wont pass from destroying a building to destroy a mountain (just put examples) in that training.

Top Bottom