Island Las Camp

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Las Camp is the main outpost of the marines in North Blue and the seat of the 80th division. It is where pirates caught by bounty hunters are brought, and because of the amount of beli required for such a business, it has some of the strongest marines in the area stationed here.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vice Admiral Maynard
[IMG]

Level 55
55 x 5 = 275
Strength: 65+10=75
Speed: 66+15=81
81x2=162
-Reaction:81
-Movement:81
Vitality:61+10=71
71x2=142
-Durability:71
-Stamina:71
Haki: 42
42x2=84
-Armament Haki:42
-Observation Haki:42
Martial Arts: 41
41x2=82
-Brawling: 82

Commodore Kibin
[IMG]

Level 40
40 x 5 = 200
Strength: 46+8=54
Speed: 42+8=50
50x2=100
-Reaction: 50
-Movement: 50
Vitality: 41+8=49
49x2=98
-Durability: 49
-Stamina: 49
Haki: 41
41x2=82
-Armament Haki: 41
-Observation Haki: 41
Martial Arts: 30
30x2=60
-Swordmanship: 60

Marines(500)
[IMG]

Level 15
15 x 5 = 75
Strength: 20+2=22
Speed: 15+2=17
17x2=34
-Reaction:17
-Movement:17
Vitality:20+2=22
22x2=4
-Durability:22
-Stamina:22
Martial Arts: 20
20x2=40
-Swordmanship: 40

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One time beri reward:
-100 000 000 Beri

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: problematic
Einhardt waited patiently aboard her new vessel, a ship large enough to hold at least ten times the men currently assigned under her watch if not even more than that. Hell, the damnable thing had more cannons aboard than she had men to properly maintain them, let alone fire them! She'd never actually cracked open any of the folders pertaining to the men that had been assigned to her, but she imagined whoever had been assigned the unfortunate duty of keeping the boat in tip top shape would have their work cut out for them since they wouldn't receive any manner of assistance. It would quickly become a literal sink or swim situation.

She leaned down a bit to ruffle the head fur of her recently adopted pet wolf, Fenrir, before giving him a little scratch behind the ears as she waited for the sorry excuses for men the 80th branch of marines were willing to part with to assist with her new branch's trial patrol of the sea.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: freeray
The sun beamed overhead, forcing Kaelem to squint to read the letter just handed to him. He took a moment to pull his personal cloak over his head to shade his eyes and shoot an annoyed glare at the messenger walking off. He held the broom in the crook of his elbow and began unfurling the letter. This was not the work he expected to be doing as a Marine. Not that he had been doing this for long, only for about three months now. But his natural talent did land him garner him a title as commissioned officer quickly to put him above all of the usual grunts and mooks. As Kaelem learned, though, that did not exclude him from the menial labor that his previous position had to endure.

He skimmed through the letter, gripping it tightly as the wind made attempts to snatch the letter away. “…Uh?” He reread it. I’m getting assigned to a specific branch. Smiling, he folded the paper up and ran over to a railing to set the broom onto. Maybe I’m getting involved with something exciting finally. The wind tugged against Kaelem’s attempts at defending against the sun, but a firm hand kept the cloak in place. Einhardt M. Nihoff… Kaelem pondered the name. Wasn’t she the one they’re saying offed Candle Eye Jack? Wonder why she only just spoke up about it.

Making his way to the docks, he bobbed and weaved through the sparse groupings of people scattered about. Marines, dockhands, other assorted sailors, none of whom he spared more than a passing glance at. His priority was scanning the area for the appointed ship he was to board. I guess I could ask at some point. Hooded eyes found their mark and Kaelem stopped some distance away from the vessel. In those sharp, black eyes, a glint of anticipation could be seen.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: marz
It was easy for such a white wolf to be laying attentively on the docks in the mid-morning sun with the authoritative blonde haired woman, he'd followed her here with her last temporary crew that had since abandoned her, to take command of her actual crew from the 80th Branch, though Marines were a huge clan, they had so many crews or packs that it was hard to keep up with who was a Marine. He was a Marine, and the blonde haired woman was a marine.

When she leaned down to scratch his ear, Fenrir eagerly pushes his head up and back into her hand as if asking for more of the same treatment. It was a slight move but one that betrayed his almost regal bearing even when laying upright there waiting for the blonde haired woman's Pack to arrive.

A scent on the wind. Someone approaches!

Taking a stand Fenrir's nose goes up into the air to try to catch more of the scent, his eyes dart around the docks, a low growl issues from his throat, and then it slowly dies, the smell on the wind... Marines weren't difficult to pick out from Civilians, Government types, and the most easily distinguishable, Dirty Pirate Scum. And the approaching smell would belong to none other than a young Marine.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: godfish
Not just one! Approaching from the other direction on the docks, Lieutenant Junior Grade Carrera Swan gives the Navy Ship that is to serve as their temporary home on the way to their new base, and probably continued home at sea from there, a long and critical look over. It's in good condition, which means he won't have to spend time worrying about it or fixing it up to start things off. Leaves more time to meeting the rest of the crew and working on his own projects!

Black uniform standing out noticeably amid the crowd of civilians and marines, he walks up the ram onto the deck of the ship, stopping in-front of the sharply dressed - though out of uniform - woman that was to be his captain. "Lieutenant Junior Grade, Carrera Swan, reporting in Captain Einhardt!" After giving her a professional salute, he immediately relaxed into a casual pose, grinning. "I didn't really think I'd ever see you again Ein - how are you doing? Those yo-yo's I made for you still holding up?" Glancing down at the large wolf by her side, Swan lets out a low whistle. "Big dog."

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: miserum
The last of those sorry excuses for men to arrive was perhaps the one with the most substantial reasons for being frustrated with the new assignment. Medical staff had a responsibility that saw them working tirelessly to return soldiers to the field and keep many as far from death as possible. Now instead of monitoring a large group and treating many soldiers, Einhardt's new branch and the health of she and those under her charge became the responsibility of some poor transfer in over his head.

Fortunately for the crew and their superior, however, the heap of supplies and spring in their latest addition's step suggested anything but resentment for the situation. Wafer V. Oxmelon received the reassignment and saw something in it that few of the others in his field would have; Opportunity! While, yes, he was disappointed by the thought of how he would not be able to treat and return as many people to the field from such a small ensemble, Wafer was also aware that actually being in the field meant his service went beyond ordinary. He would obtain experience, follow up battles to treat his allies, and most important of all....he was going to actually take part in exterminating pirates.

With a euphoric shudder hitting him, he cleared through the last bit of civilians at the docks and mosied up to the deck of the ship with a hefty pack on his back, and two overstuffed bags in his hands. Anyone looking could have placed him for a surgeon just glancing either bag at his side over, since the bulging items consisted of the art's more trauma inducing devices. Well, they'd either see him for his profession or believe he was a bloodthirsty lunatic, determined and prepared for sawing limbs off people.

Aaaand once in view, Wafer dipped by the man in black offering up his salute, and proceeded to let his bags drop with an audible rattle so that he could do the same. "Wafer V. Oxmelon! I'll be patching each of you up and doing my best to help eliminate the scourge of piracy from the seas! Now--" He broke out of the formal gesture, scooped his bags back up, and proceeded to inspect his surroundings thoroughly as if he was barely acknowledging that the other people on the ship even existed. His distraction lasted long enough to be noticed and definitely long enough to be considered strange, but eventually, he broke away from his observations to address his new comrades. "I didn't have time to fetch medical records, so if you'd all like to relay your family's history of disease, tell me of anything that might make for a problem down the line, and make me a little more aware of what I'm working with that would be wonderful!"

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
At Fenrir's sudden reaction, Estelle gave him a rather aggressive petting, attempting to calm him to the point where he wouldn't attack the first marine to step on deck. Her worries, however, were unfounded as he calmed down soon after he began his growling and it didn't appear that it was because of her efforts to diffuse the situation. She'd only come into possession of the canine something like a month ago, so she was still growing accustomed to his little quirks and subtleties. They'd learn well about each other in due time.

And here was her first subordinate now! She remained stern as she returned the black-clad marine's salute with one of her own before allowing the barest hint of a pleased smile to curve her lips.

"All's well," she answered simply, not really one to go into specifics. "I trust it's much the same for yourself? After all, you've found your way onto my ship. As for the yoyos, they're still performing admirably even after all the years between our last meeting, though I've got a long list of additions I wouldn't mind amending onto the original design now that fate has brought us back to working closely together."

And as he noticed the large white wolf at her side with a whistle, Ein smirked a bit. "Fenrir, here?" she started with a pat to the animal's back. "He's a wolf, actually. Raised from a young age to be one of the best marines in service. He'll do well on our travels."

Her eyes shifted to the next as he boarded and moved beside Swan to offer up his own salute, which Ein was quick to return before allowing him to be at ease and heft his bags once again.

"You must be this ship's new doctor then," she affirmed. "Welcome aboard." And then she waited for his confirmation and a response to her gesture of welcome, but none came as she stood in silence for seemingly no reason now. She was just parting her lips to inquire if everything found him well or if there was perhaps some problem when she found herself interrupted by his own words. Very well then... She cleared her throat tersely and attempted to carry on a conversation once again.

"You didn't receive our medical folders upon assignment to this branch?" she questioned incredulously. "That seems like quite a misstep... but perhaps the rather impromptu creation and departure of our unit prompted some mistakes to be made in preparation. It's no matter in any case as I'm fairly certain I've adequate medical records concerning every member to be on board in my quarters. I'll just copy down the pertinent information for your needs once I've got the time."

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As much as he admired the design of his new temporary home, Kaelem could not help but feel a tad unease. It was only natural with the prospect of such a new experience being dropped upon him. But waiting any longer would not leave him with a good look. Already two others had hustled on by and gotten aboard, no doubt more members of the same branch. The young marine did a quick pat down to assure himself that he had his gun holstered on his back and other personal accessories on his person before strolling up to meet the others.

The murmurs of chitchat reached his ears as he made it to the deck. He caught bits and pieces of a greeting and work talk before finally laying eyes on his shipmates. It was easy to tell which among them was Einhardt. Being the only woman aside, she was the one with the aura of command about her, seemingly being the focus of the talk, and holyshitthat’sabigdog. Kaelem pulled his hood down as he approached and gave a curt salute to Ms. Nihoff. "Shades Kaelem, Ensign. Pleasure to meecha. Hopefully we’ll all work well together." He nodded to the other two guys present, hazarding a smile to the group as a whole.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When it rained, it snowed... or something like that, right? Either way it was as if the blonde haired woman had simply by the authority of her standing in the sunlight summoned to her all three of these marines, by the smell of them, though one of them really really smelled of crazy. Not the squirrel poo type of crazy either, the take people apart piece by piece while cataloging it to Huey Lewis and the News crazy.

As all three of the men made their introduction, Fenrir sat, looking more like a white marble carved statue than an animal, his eyes almost the only thing moving, still sizing up each of the three men that came aboard, as if studying them, something a normal animal wouldn't do. He would seem to only linger on each detail for a moment, his nose twitching to snatch the finer scents of each from the air. His head only turning to view Einhardt as if to gauge her reaction of the three before returning to his own appraisal as if to say her opinion that mattered in his own. She seemed familiar with one, which was a plus and the other two seemed... mindful of her?

When the Blonde haired woman patted his back, Fenrir let out an a soft huff, sticking out his chest a little more, as it to show that he knew he was being introduced, raising his nose a little to the three newcomers, though he was nearly looking two of them in the eyes already. He looked forward to seeing what, Blacky , Crazy and Plucky the gunner were made of.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Big Wolf," Swan corrects himself, reaching out a single hand palm up for the wolf - Fenrir - to sniff or shake if he was trained to do that, or whatever - a generally friendly gesture to the massive creature. Furthering his conversation with Ein will have to wait for the moment as almost immediately after two new arrivals show up - is that all of them? he'll have to check the roster, but it was supposed to be a small crew - giving them both a lazy half-salute with the hand not currently being presented to Fenrir. "Carrera Swan," introducing himself again for their sake, he looked them over. A doctor, obviously enough, and a gunner, probably? You couldn't really assume, based on his own lack of particular skill with his rifle strapped onto his back, but, still. Not a bad mix to start with. Though a dog seemed like a bit of a liability on the sea.

"Well, I have gotten rather better in the years since, tell me what you've got in mind, and I'll see what I can do Ein." Glancing at the others, he nodded, "That goes for the two of you, I'll be our armorer on the ship, so if you have any modifications to your weapons and equipment you'd like, I'll provide as long as it's possible. I can make Raid Suits as well, if you're tough enough to handle the weight."

"Are we waiting for anyone else, Captain?"

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wafer laughed at the question that met his request, and the laughter itself wasn't to the extreme or long-winded, but it rang out with enough heart to tell there was a story connected. Turning around from the other end of the ship, he marched his way back with his bags swinging rhythmically back and forth at his sides. "I did not!" Came the answer interrupted only by his attention sweeping over the others on board apart from Ein as if he had only just seen them.

"Actually, it would be a misstep to suggest I came prepared at all. I had to gather what supplies I've already kept stowed away-" An unsettling thought, considering how crammed full of tools the bags he had with him now were. "And make ready to meet with you and your crew within the hour. I do not believe much thought went into the reassignment where our side of things was concerned. There's quite a lot of doctoring to do, though, so some of these things get pushed aside and pushed aside until they can't help but be dealt with."

When the others got words in, the young and would-be seafaring surgeon offered a short nod to Kaelem's pleasant wishes of working well together and afforded a small smile for his new companions. He didn't inspect any of them too carefully, not like a warrior or a beast might. Not like any of the others would study him. No, Wafer's observations were quick, precise, and only took in things like measurement and apparent health. He didn't care about their weapons, their gear, or even their skills or who they were. These were not people he would come to see as friends, or anything so wholesome. He didn't need or want to like them. He only needed to get a glimpse and imagine organs in every spot they should have been. These people were patients, after all. They were his patients and as such their lives and well-being were his responsibility.

"Yes. Here's hoping that together we're a blade that cuts through the waves and never dulls against the suppurating flesh of the world we call pirates." He hoisted his right hand against the weight of his bag at that and proceeded to wave as if dismissing the very thing he'd just said.

"Just kidding! I'm not nearly so dramatic in regard to our mission. That sort of thought is for politicians and people giving rousing speeches to their men. But I do hope we have fun together, and we do a lot of good out there. And let's all be sure to do our best to keep clean, treat every cut and scratch as seriously as the biggest gash while we're out at sea, and avoid gangrene---" His small smile became a very large one and his face noticeably brightened despite how much darker everything the doctor said got. "Because I won't hesitate to cut out, or cut off anything I have to to keep all of you healthy! If you don't take proper care of yourselves, I may end up wheeling the lot of you out limbless and stacked over one another like sacks of flour and that wouldn't be any good for anyone!" Well....he wasn't as dramatic about their mission, but where hygiene and treatment were concerned even the most minor concern would be a major one for him.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"And greetings to you as well," Ein welcomed Kaelem aboard with a return of his quick salute to her. "I pray that we do work well together as a unit as tight as this one will almost certainly meet certain death if we can't," she answered dead seriously.

"And on that note..." She nodded toward Swan in regards to his inquiry. "That's everyone currently part of the new 159th branch. We're all here. I imagine if we perform admirably on our first sea patrol they'll begin to allow us some more members, but for now we'll just have to manage as we are with our wits and our strength. If any of you wants to back out of this before we begin however, I certainly won't misunderstand your good sense for cowardice. I'll certainly think less of you now than if you deign to take on this mission only to get cold feet out in the field and abandon us to our fate without looking back."

She'd leave her discussion about her weapons with her latest colleague for another time as she now addressed Oxmelon's concerns with an expression of deep understanding.

"You're certainly not mistaken," she answered. "As I said, I also got the impression that these assignments were made largely in haste. I do believe they either want to see us quickly made into heroes after the recent news of my exploits became public or they want to feed the sharks with our remains and never hear from us again with as little effort as necessary. As for which it is, I couldn't be for certain at all, so I guess we'll just need to pray for the former rather than the latter."

She was struck silent by Oxmelon's sudden rambling outburst about taking care of their health, clearing her throat loudly with a tightening of her lips once he'd finally finished.

"Right. Let's see that that last part never happens. That would certainly be even worse a fate than what I'd briefly mentioned. In any case, that's why you're here and I trust that any potential issues of health will be handled quickly and efficiently to the best of your ability."

"Now..." She signaled the end of the pleasantries, pausing as she now cast her eyes upon each of the men before her in turn, looking more serious than she had only a moment before. "Feel free to take the time to get to know one another. We'll be stuck on a ship together for some time, after all, so it's best to be friends than enemies with those you have to bunk with. Make yourselves at home, choose where you'd like to sleep and explore the ship if you like. You'll get one last night to sleep on land before the sea beckons to us all. I'd suggest not returning to me tomorrow morning heavily inebriated or with a hangover after one last banger to see yourselves off with. I'll see to it that you have a very bad day. Consider yourselves dismissed for the day, though if you'd like to speak frankly with me I'll be available."

And at that, she'd wait a moment to make sure no one wanted to approach her immediately. If she was to be left alone she'd head to her new captain's quarters.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
They seem nice enough, Kaelem’s smile became more genuine as the tension left him. The others kept on and further introduced themselves, giving him a chance to catch up on the greetings. Being the apparent last one to arrive and all. It seemed like it was going to be a small skeleton crew of sorts, but that just meant it would take less energy to get familiarized with everyone. Maybe even get on the good side of the “Big Wolf”, as Swan put it, which did nothing but give their new captain some badass points.

A grimace crossed his face at the mention of desertion. Those were not things he had considered as options. He accepted the risk of not turning away when he signed up for the job. And he was pretty sure his parents would disown him if he ever abandoned his post… At any rate, he did agree with the hasty nature of it all. None of his less immediate essentials had been packed away, so that was something to take up his night instead of any kind of relaxation or training he was mulling over. He opened his mouth to speak on the matter, maybe ask if by chance there were already clothes and such on board. The sudden tirade the doctor of the crew went on about their health left Kaelem’s mouth silent but ajar. There’s always one…

Nihoff spoke up once more, moving the topic away from more dera- er, severe health practices. “Uh, yeah,” Kaelem stuttered, trying to pull away from the shock. “If things are dismissed, I would like to go and retrieve some personal belongings of mine.” He managed a sheepish grin at the end of that. “There’ll be time for us to get familiarized with each with all of the time we’ll be out at sea, right?”

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When offered the palm, which was a fairly common greeting the wolf had realized over his long service in the Marines, Fenrir would take a more interested sniff of it, as if taking the smell of a bottle of wine or whiff of odorous cheese. Before pulling his nose back, in what might seem like a disinterested motion, but he wouldn't look away from Blacky, instead locking eyes with him, and giving a throaty harrumph. Maybe it was his way of introducing himself back.

Crazy yapped way too much... he almost felt a little sorry for the poor guy. Most of the touched people he'd met enjoyed being insane, Crazy obviously suffered from it.

With the blonde haired captain lady moving off, Fenrir would stand, showing off his impressive form as he did, giving a little yawn before turning about. Starting towards the main hatch, his time on the ship so far had gotten him accustomed to life at sea, he would be giving the men the guided tour of the ship as on the voyage here he'd been over every inch of the ship with his nose, being sure to inspect it for his own personal reasons, namely curiosity.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Swan watched the wolf slightly nonplussed, but decided to take the response in stride, it didn't seem particularly normal for a dog, but it wasn't actually a dog either. Giving it's bark a nod in return, he turned to Wafer, once again somewhat off-put by his new crew members behavior, though this was a more comprehensible weirdness, he seemed way too enthusiastic about going after pirates for the tastes of someone as ambivalent about the issue as Swan, and... creepily into the idea of cutting them up. "I'll be sure to avoid getting injured badly enough to require any cutting then!"

Kaelem seemed normal and friendly at least, and Ein was - well, she was still Ein, even if she was acting a lot grimmer than she used to. He wasn't about to leave, even if a transfer to a branch with all of five people - counting Fenrir - wasn't a particularly positive change as far as life expectancy went, it would at least offer more opportunity to focus his attention, and frankly, Ein was way hotter than any of the female marines back on Las Camp, so that was a straight upgrade. As she leaves, he raises his voice to call after her, "Send your Yo-yos by later for me to upgrade Captain!" Turning back to the others, "I think I'll take a look around the ship and try to find a good room to turn into a workshop if anyone wants to go on a tour as well." To start with, he'd follow Fenrir, who seemed to have a similar idea.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"That's the idea." Wafer replied, making it abundantly clear after the previous display of eccentricity that he did not genuinely want to start lopping limbs off his new comrades. He encouraged safety and good hygiene for their benefit, after all. That wasn't to suggest he would balk when the opportunity to cut and chop came up. He'd enjoy that part to the fullest, but he understood the fallout of it would mean these marines would be less effective in battle and in turn less able to cut down pirates. That would be no good.

Clueless to the interests and intentions of the others, Wafer offered up a small shrug of his shoulders and followed along to inspect the ship and it's facilities. While he may have seemed to be joining in on this tour, his path would branch off the second there were rooms to explore. The other fellow, Swan, mentioned something about finding a spot to turn into a workshop. That provided all the more reason for Wafer to seek out a good space of his own to unpack and claim as his office and quarters.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Right," Ein answered to Kaelem. "You're free to do as you please at this point. "Consider this a day off to attend to any last minute business or to simply enjoy yourself before you're set to constant work on our ship."

She'd set off toward her quarters at that to begin arranging her belongings in a proper working order to make it feel more like home, waving back in affirmation at Swan's shout for her to bring her yoyos about sometime later for a checkup.

STORY MISSION 1 BEGINS

Ein yawned and stretched, awakening and sitting up in bed to the newly unfamiliar rock of the sea. Certainly she'd experienced the lull of a boat at harbor more times than she could count, but for the longest time now she'd been stationed at Las Camp and only found herself out at sea on the rare occasion. She wasn't certain just how she felt about returning to the experience on the long term, but she'd cross that bridge when it came. For now she had more immediate things to worry about, straightening her nightshirt and gathering up her morning tools and clothing to give the facilities onboard a thorough testing before they'd set out to sea.

By the time she was properly washed up and her hair styled just right the sun was beginning to rise over the horizon and Ein was climbing the steps from below deck to greet it, though not so much with a smile. This was the day when everything changed...

The moment everyone was on board she'd see them off, licking her thumb quickly before raising it into the air and holding it there a moment before letting it back down.

"A fair day, I suppose," she spoke quietly to herself with a low sigh. "As fair a day as any other to begin a journey."

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The steady rocking of the docked ship was doing wonders for Kaelem’s stomach. Four times during the night he found himself strewn awake by phantom churning that propelled him to either the bathroom or the nearest porthole he could stumble across. He might have failed to mention his previous lack of experience with a seafaring lifestyle, having spent most of his life firmly anchored to the ground. Rays of morning seeped into the room Kaelem had tossed luggage in. His eyes bore holes into the ceiling, eyelids drooping in an awkward mash of exhaustion and pain induced squinting. … When I see the doctor, I’ll see if he knows a cure for this. As miserable as the night was, he garnered what he needed from it: knowledge of how well he could handle the constant moving.

He pried himself from the sheets and rummaged through the myriad of clothes bags with cook books sprinkled amongst them. Once he was able to extract some basic hygiene products and uniform, Kaelem returned to the place he had frequented during the night. After spending more time freshening up than he otherwise would, the ensign would visit his room one last time to flinch his rifle and cestus from random locations within.

Topside, Kaelem shielded his eyes to the raising sun, reaching for a cloak that was distinctly missing from his attire. He grit his teeth at the mental slip and kept along; Ms. Nihoff was already up and presumably waiting on the others. Which, admittedly, was to be expected of the captain. Kaelem strolled over to her, one hand waving her way of she spared him a look and the other on his waist, brushing against the cestus holstered along his hip. “Mornin’. Must be the ‘crack of dawn’ type.” What was intended to be a smile, contorted into more of scowl from the lingering pain in his stomach and throat.

Top Bottom