Chapter Discussion My Hero Academia - Chapter 290: Dabi's Dance

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My Hero Academia 290
Title: Dabi's Dance

Support My Hero Academia by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
MangaSail

MY HERO ACADEMIA CHAPTER 290 QUICK SUMMARY
Coming Soon...

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Rise of Touya Todoroki.

"For I, Touya Todoroki will put an end to your show Endeavor!"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This chapter was awesome, Dabi's speech was really great and I also like that it was revealed that Dabi was the one that sent Starservant and Ending back during the Endeavor Agency arc. We still need to see the reaction of Fuyumi and Natsuo as well which I'm assuming will happen in the next chapter, and now that we finally have the Dabi theory out of the way it would be nice if Horikoshi could get the traitor theory out of the way as well during this arc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
well. fuck.

everything about this execution was remarkable. This is why i still read Shōnen manga. The steady build.

I could hear Touya's coy and familiar intonation as he threw out that canned "you all look like ants from way up here" greeting, to the way the shapes of his speech bubbles slowly changed as he started shouting and losing it. Him, literally dancing down Machia. This is everything. He is totally gonna kill Endeavor right in front of Shouto:poggers:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
well. fuck.

everything about this execution was remarkable. This is why i still read Shōnen manga. The steady build.

I could hear Touya's coy and familiar intonation as he threw out that canned "you all look like ants from way up here" greeting, to the way the shapes of his speech bubbles slowly changed as he started shouting and losing it. Him, literally dancing down Machia. This is everything. He is totally gonna kill Endeavor right in front of Shouto:poggers:
He isn't going to kill Endeavor, he wants to see his father suffer by ruining his reputation as the number one hero.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He isn't going to kill Endeavor, he wants to see his father suffer by ruining his reputation as the number one hero.
I think he wants to crush his spirit after giving him everything he ever wanted and then taking it away. I’m all for Him surviving w/e lol. But I feel like endeavor still a huge threat to them if he is allowed to recover.... I think we are getting a time skip after this and we will show up in a world where hero society has fallen under shigaraki and the league.

Hardly anyone liked endeavor, but then after he became number one, Touya gave him a bunch of opportunities to capitalize on his new growth as a man and as a father. And everyone began accepting him and loving him.

now his goal is in sight, he can look everyone in the eye, he can push beyond his limits by telling himself that “he’s the nations number one hero!” And just in that single moment, immediately after that thought. He lost everything.

but he will still have the love of his children. He will still have the ability to grow. I’m fine with that lol, I think there should be such a character.

but, as far as the villains and touya are concerned, I’m pretty sure they’d be happier with the number one hero dying in disgrace

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think he wants to crush his spirit after giving him everything he ever wanted and then taking it away. I’m all for Him surviving w/e lol. But I feel like endeavor still a huge threat to them if he is allowed to recover.... I think we are getting a time skip after this and we will show up in a world where hero society has fallen under shigaraki and the league.

Hardly anyone liked endeavor, but then after he became number one, Touya gave him a bunch of opportunities to capitalize on his new growth as a man and as a father. And everyone began accepting him and loving him.

now his goal is in sight, he can look everyone in the eye, he can push beyond his limits by telling himself that “he’s the nations number one hero!” And just in that single moment, immediately after that thought. He lost everything.

but he will still have the love of his children. He will still have the ability to grow. I’m fine with that lol, I think there should be such a character.

but, as far as the villains and touya are concerned, I’m pretty sure they’d be happier with the number one hero dying in disgrace
I believe that Endeavour will fall in this arc. After believing that they've managed to neutralize Shiggy, a twist of fate emerged in the hands of Touya aka Dabi. And I fucking love how foreseeable this revelation is and yet here we are still amazed on how it is written and played.

Dabi's revelation will weaken the emotions of both Endeavour and Shoto to the point that there's no more to call themselves hero after his abandonment. This story will ring across the world and ruin every heroes lives, crushing the society and its hope.

When there are no more heroes to defend, it's when the youngsters step up and rebuild them..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Dabi/Toya really out there telling everyone to cancel his own dad. Looking forward to the father-son dance.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Boku no Hero Academia chapter 291- 'Toya Todoroki: Rising':pepemusic::pepescared:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Great chapter. Best Jeanist arrival could put a huge damper on Touya's claims, as he's obviously not been murdered by Hawks.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
--and I OOOOOOPzS

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah for sure. I’m so curious to see what the public’s response is portrayed as in this now. Like, on one hand, Touya is right, the majority of civilians will be much more critical of the hierarchy and structuring of hero society as a whole. Touya just dealt a huge psychological blow. On the other hand, the villains literally just murdered countless innocent people.... and have ruined entire cities at this point all in one afternoon. Their society has experienced a huge trauma just now. Machia’s path of least resistance to master was essentially an unparalleled natural disaster occurring with no warning. In this situation, people should turn to heroes right?

But now that relationship can’t ever go back to being what it was before. Because at the end of the day, Machia only went on that rampage because of the heroes’ actions. This was a first strike operation that blew the heck up in their faces and yeah a few heroes died or got fucked up but no one is gonna be thinking about dead heroes when they have dead friends and family.

I don’t think it matters if Touya is arrested or that Jeanist is alive (omg I’m so happy he’s back and fine and not a nomu!!!! I was so afraid he would be a nomu T^T)

Top Bottom