Pocket monster

Alternate Name: pokemon
Year of Release: 1997-2019
Author:
  • Takeshi Shudo (1997–2000)
  • Atsuhiro Tomioka (2006–2016)
  • Aya Matsui (2016–2019)
Genre: Adventure, comedy, fantasy
Synopse: Follows the adventure of Satoshi with his Pokemon, Pikachu and his friends to become the Pokemon master. Ten-year-old Ash aspires to be the greatest Pokémon (pocket monster) trainer in the world. To do this, he enlists the help of many friends, and his own Pokémon, Pikachu.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Back in primary school I bragged about being able to rap the whole PokeRap! xD

Also owned the great Soundtrack. The CD looked like a Pokeball!!!

Actually stopped watching Pokemon after Orange League.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Back in primary school I bragged about knowing being able to rap the whole PokeRap!

Also owned the great Soundtrack. The CD looked like a Pokeball!!!

Actually stopped watching Pokemon after Orange League.
What happend?
I watched everything until sun and moon since it broke the interest by making it more childish :catcry:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What happend?
I watched everything until sun and moon since it broke the interest by making it more childish :catcry:
I hated the Johto restart, come on Ash dropped all of his great Pokemon. And it was also too childish, I became Teenager the restart was the perfect time to drop this series xD

Which actually doesn't mean that I stopped playing the Game. That was still fun to play.
[automerge]1582194833[/automerge]
I bet In would have never stopped watching Pokemon if they had introduced a new MC in Johto with Ash appearing from time to time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I hated the Johto restart, come on Ash dropped all of his great Pokemon. And it was also too childish, I became Teenager the restart was the perfect time to drop this series xD

Which actually doesn't mean that I stopped playing the Game. That was still fun to play.
[automerge]1582194833[/automerge]
I bet In would have never stopped watching Pokemon if they had introduced a new MC in Johto with Ash appearing from time to time.
The problem was that was there idea the anime followed after game first 2 generation have same mc (as mc can visit 2nd region in game after the end) but the anime brought mire income than game so they have to keep ash but they don't want to make ash op since in every game mc start as noob.

But it became tragedy 👎

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Best pokemon anime series has to be Pokemon: Origins no questions. It lived to its motto "Gotta Catch em All"

For me Pokemon Indigo and Johto is nostalgic and the best out of them all. Though saying that they are the worst too, reason being is simply "Ash Ketchum"

Like @Nessos said I would have preferred instead of Ash we had a different perspective of the MC instead of Ash' s stupidity every episode and not his age appropriate either.

Could have also shown, hey Ash is now fucking 20 odd now and even shown Red too by now

It really is vexing with a 1 directional crappy MC

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Best pokemon anime series has to be Pokemon: Origins no questions. It lived to its motto "Gotta Catch em All"
That special was so nostalgic :love:
I bet everyone who played the original edition back in the 90s loved that special.

Also the 20th movie "I choose you" wasn't bad. The way they retold the story was great.

But the first Pokemon movie id still the greatest. I bet almost every kid who watched it in cinema had tears in their eyes like I had 😭
And yes I pick the Mewtu promocard :weirdpeep:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That special was so nostalgic :love:
I bet everyone who played the original edition back in the 90s loved that special.

Also the 20th movie "I choose you" wasn't bad. The way they retold the story was great.

But the first Pokemon movie id still the greatest. I bet almost every kid who watched it in cinema had tears in their eyes like I had 😭
And yes I pick the Mewtu promocard :weirdpeep:
Haha I had both the Mewtwo and Mew promo cards

Imo it would have been better if they showed Ash s development as a character and trainer. Also like the original plan have Clefairy be his original starter and not Pikachu. Like every new region something has to happen and revert his Pikachu down some levels.

I would also like in the games make it a bit like the games with Levels, 4 move pool, and etc even items.

Would love to see Ash going to the E4, but he must go through a tournament to win to challenge them.

Also have Ash not partnered with Misty and Brock but would be better if it was Green.

Have Blue/Gary be one rival and Red being the overall rival

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
ut would be better if it was Green.

Have Blue/Gary be one rival and Red being the overall rival
Green is actually Blue or not? :pepethinking:
The original Editions are Red and Green and the West turned into Red and Blue. Thats why there was FireRed and LeafGreen (and no WaterBlue). So MC should have always been Red.

It was a good idea to not pick one of the three. And you really think Clefairy would have been a better choice then Pickachu? In my opinion Pickachu was a great choice, because the design was so special end up having a high recognation value while also being cute. I bet Pokemon would have never reached that fame without Pikachu.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
😅 I only watched Pokemon with my lil brother when I was forced to babysit him. "Shh. Here watch pokemon "
:ROFLMAO: so I probably only watched a couple episodes, but I was forced to watch the 2000 Pokemon movie over a million times.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Who here had Misty as their crush

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Am i the only one here who finds the new series to be more entertaining? I stopped watching the original after like season 2 but watched the final tournament season of the Alola league. But most of the episodes really didn't interest me until the new series started and took a pretty unusual route

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Indigo League is my favorite season and I also played the video games on Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, and Nintendo 3DS XL. I stopped watching Pokemon halfway through the Diamond and Pearl season and around 4 years later I finished watching halfway through Diamond and Pearl and stopped watching when XY started. The seasons after Indigo League were not that good. Even though I stopped watching Pokemon years ago I'm still a fan.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I still don't get why the Pokemon Adventures Manga has never been adapted as an anime yet.
Because manga 18+ and sooo violent and realistic.. pokemon is cut into parts by the movie cut.gym leasers are really the regional leaders of an evil organization...

Top Bottom