Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1009
Title: Hell

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON

readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1009 QUICK SUMMARY
Orochi met the Scabbards and immediately got cut down in his zoan form.
The Scabbards went on to look for Momonosuke, Raizo stayed behind to fight Fukurokuju.

BM asked Kaido to try a combination attack called "Ocean Sovereignty" to see how many of the supernovas would survive.
Luffy said BM-Kaido were going to do "something big". Killer said they wouldn't be able to dodge.
But the attack was blocked by Zoro for a few seconds to let the others flee.
Law managed to use his power to rescue Zoro, but he still took heavy damage afterwards.
BM and Kaido were impressed by the supernovas for surviving. Kid thanked Zoro for blocking the attack.

Luffy attacked Kaido with "Red Hawk", but Kaido dodged it. Luffy smiled, thinking Kaido dodged it because he was afraid he would get hurt.
Kaido immediately countered Luffy with an attack, followed with a beam from his mouth, and unleashed a direct hit on Luffy with "Three Realms Ragnarok".

Kid made a giant metal box and Law used his "Shambles" to trap Zeus inside.
Killer attacked Napoleon and Zoro attacked Prometheus to separate them from BM.
BM punched Kid in the face, but Kid managed to grab BM's hand with his metal arm and use his power to send her flying.
Law used "Takt" to push BM outside Onigashima with a giant rock. BM looked terrified. Zoro was seen coughing up blood.

No break next week.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So we have some fans saying how illogical that Zoro could temporarily block BM-Kaido combo attack.
And we have another mocking Zoro for being a punching bag and he would've died if Law wasn't around.
Can't please everyone, can we?

But as a Zoro fan, who expected this arc to be Zoro's arc, I already got EVERYTHING I wanted from Zoro.
His role isn't only a Prometheus-killer, but he could also deliver crazy damage and block a crazy attack from 2 yonkos despite coughing up blood.
I don't mind if Zoro gets "rested" the next few chapters to recover and let the other supernovas shine.
I wouldn't be mad if he doesn't get a 1v1 against King or whoever it is. But I do hope it's still happening.

And now the actual chapter's out, we also see Luffy taking a direct hit from Kaido's named attack.
Is that logical because previously Kaido could 1-shot Luffy with Thunder Bagua?
If Luffy survived, does this mean "Three Realms Ragnarok" is weaker than Thunder Bagua? Even though it's an attack from Kaido's hybrid form?
If Luffy survived, is that feat comparable to Zoro blocking an attack from BM-Kaido?
But all I care about is both SHs showing tremendous feat of strengths in this battle, and that's awesome.

Kid FINALLY gets to show his worth. I'm so happy for him.
Not only he tanked BM's punch, but that metal box shit is so creative.
Despite not using fancy attacks, this is exactly what I want from him. Versatility.

I'm not too worried about BM falling into the sea.
She will survive just like she did in the beginning of Wano. Not to mention her crew is still around.
My only worry is, now that BM isn't around, rooftop battle won't feel as intense anymore.
I hope Kaido still has more tricks up his sleeve so the battle doesn't feel as straightforward.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ragnarok 😱😱

I think this attack is 10 times stronger than Katakuri's Zan Giri Mochi....i wonder if Luffy's okay....
Knowing Oda Luffy will probably be out for some time. Oda loves to show Zoro's endurance over Luffy: he did it in Thriller Park when Zoro took all Luffy's damage; he then did the same in Wano when Zoro endured Apoo's attack while Luffy lost his cuncessnes and Zoro was carrying him.

I'd assume he's going to do the same here where Zoro is able to endure two Yonko attacks and continue fighting while Luffy loses cuncessnes for some time from Kaido's attack. Maybe Zoro will carry him around again...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Knowing Oda Luffy will probably be out for some time. Oda loves to show Zoro's endurance over Luffy: he did it in Thriller Park when Zoro took all Luffy's damage; he then did the same in Wano when Zoro endured Apoo's attack while Luffy lost his cuncessnes and Zoro was carrying him.

I'd assume he's going to do the same here where Zoro is able to endure two Yonko attacks and continue fighting while Luffy loses cuncessnes for some time from Kaido's attack. Maybe Zoro will carry him around again...
Oda inconsistency about how Luffy could handle damage sometimes irritates me, how could Luffy handle Rob Lucci's ultimate attack then collapsed just from "basic" Apoo's attack, even tho the explosion comes from inside ? It's weird...

Last time we have Zoro collapsed from Killer's "super basic" stab, then suddenly he can block (for a second) Yonkou's attack, once again it's pretty weird situation created by Oda himself...

I can't argue with this topic...so many inconsistency by Oda....

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda inconsistency about how Luffy could handle damage
Last time we have Zoro collapsed from Killer's "super basic" stab, then suddenly he can block (for a second) Yonkou's attack, once again it's pretty weird situation created by Oda himself...
Great points.
But honestly, Oda has been having this issues way before Wano.
This has started to be more apparent these last few months because the amount of important characters involved in this arc.
Every character must get their turn to shine, even the fodders. That's VERY HARD to do.

So everything that's power level-related in One Piece, I just take them with a grain of salt.

But for Zoro's feat against BM-Kaido, my only defense is this lad is supposed to be the future greatest swordsman. This is what I expect from him.
And he didn't completely "block" the attack, like how Jozu put Mihawk's slash to shame in Marineford.
He was coughing up blood and Law saved him in the last seconds.
Right now, I'm more curious about how Luffy survived Kaido's direct hit.

And I would like to think that Zoro-Luffy will be out of commission the next few chapters because of the heavy injuries they sustain this chapter.
That will leave Law-Killer-Kid against Kaido. Perfect time to let them shine.

If the fight keeps being this straightforward, once Zoro-Luffy recovered, I predict they will deliver the finishing blows against Kaido.
It would be even better if they also do a combination attack just like BM-Kaido this chapter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Great points.
But honestly, Oda has been having this issues way before Wano.
This has started become more apparent these last few months because the amount of important characters involved in this arc.
Every character must get their turn to shine, even the fodders. That's VERY HARD to do
Except Sanji, he never gets to shine, as matter of fact only opposite happens. Sanji gets humiliated arc after arc–chapter after chapter, it has reached to the point that I'm amazed by the fact that Oda isn't even planning to slow down. He doubles down on Sanji's humiliation with every chapter, I'm astonishingly surprized with Oda's pure hatred for Sanji. And when a say "hatred" I don't mean like hatred towards an enemy, not at all (otherwise Oda would have never created him in first place) I mean that Oda loves to make fun of Sanji.
And I would like to think that Zoro-Luffy will be out of commission the next few chapters because of the heavy injuries they sustain this chapter.
That will leave Law-Killer-Kid against Kaido. Perfect time to let them shine.
No, I highly doubt that would happen! I can see Luffy being out for few minutes, possibly even for one chapter, but not Zoro. Oda loves to highlight Zoro's endurance, and I mean he really loves to do it, Oda is unapologetically open about–hyping up Zoro's endurance nonstop.

1. He did it in Thriller Bark when Zoro took all of Luffy's enjures on top of his own.​
2. He did in Wano when Zoro tanked Apoo's attack but Luffy was knocked out for few seconds, and Zoro was forced to carry him etc.​
And I'm convinced that Oda will not miss his opportunity to hype up Zoro's endurance in comparison to Luffy's. Both Luffy and Zoro got heavily damaged in the same chapter for a reason, Oda wants to make another moment highlighting Zoro's endurance being above or higher/better than Luffy's.

This is my prediction for the next chapter.​
Luffy will be completely out after Kaido's attack; Kid, Killer, Zoro will attack Kaido together to distract him from killing Luffy. Law will use that opportunity to teleport Luffy to somewhere else, Zoro will rest for few seconds but will be conscious unlike Luffy. We will see Luffy unconscious (Oda will do his best to draw Luffy as pathetic as possible in that scene in comparison to Zoro) then after few seconds or minutes, Luffy will regain his consciousness back, Zoro might be forced to carry him on his shoulders yet again before Luffy finally rejoins the fight.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Except Sanji, he never gets to shine
Yeah. WCI was supposed to be his time to shine, but meh. I was quite disappointed myself.

Sanji gets humiliated arc after arc–chapter after chapter, it has reached to the point that I'm amazed by the fact that Oda isn't even planning to slow down.
Oda loves to highlight Zoro's endurance, and I mean he really loves to do it, Oda is unapologetically open about–hyping up Zoro's endurance nonstop.
Oda will not miss his opportunity to hype up Zoro's endurance in comparison to Luffy's. Both Luffy and Zoro got heavily damaged in the same chapter for a reason, Oda wants to make another moment highlighting Zoro's endurance being above or higher/better than Luffy's.
You basically just pointed out how consistent Oda is in potraying Sanji, Zoro, and Luffy.

In Zoro's case, I've always been a firm believer that Oda wants Zoro to be the powerhouse when it comes to raw strength and endurance.
Meanwhile Luffy is being potrayed as the more versatile fighter because of his DF.
Personally? I don't have any problem with these at all.
Because that's also how I've always perceived these two characters since I first started reading OP many years ago.

But I do think Oda could've done better when it comes to Sanji. I hope he gets his matchup soon.

Why I smell goda foreshadowings again from the cover :pepethinking:
What are you suggesting?
Tama joining SH because she's on the cover? :pepethinking:
4 Scabbards will die because there are 4 statues wearing Scabbards hats?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You basically just pointed out how consistent Oda in potraying Sanji, Zoro, and Luffy.

In Zoro's case, I've always been a firm believer that Oda wants Zoro to be the powerhouse when it comes to raw strength and endurance.
Meanwhile Luffy is being potrayed as the more versatile fighter because of his DF.
Personally? I don't have any problem with these at all.
Because that's also how I've always perceived these two characters since I first started reading OP many years ago.
Only when it comes to base Luffy, yes, base Luffy has less endurance than Zoro, but Oda keeps hyping Zoro's endurance aver gear 4th at this point. Also, it's not just the endurance only; Zoro's attack was the first attack that Kaido ever dodged. Even dispite learning the advanced haki+gear 4th Luffy's attacks weren't even comparable to Zoro's single attack that scared off two Yonko, now Zoro blocked the combined attack of two Yonko.
Again, Oda can give Zoro a 1v1 against Admiral in Wano, I don't care, but these are the Yonkos.
Luffy's entire character is billed around his dream of becoming the PK, all these 20 years for this moment for Luffy to show off against Kaido, to prove that he has what it takes to be the PK. Zoro is constantly overshadowing Luffy and Kid whose dream is to become the PK, Zoro is literally carrying the fight, if it wasn't for Zoro Luffy would have been long dead, he saved his ass at least two times alredy, no, actually three. Zoro is the one who is constantly proving his worth in this fight, Zoro is the one who has what it takes to be the PK, not Luffy or Kid but Zoro, of all people. As a Zoro fan I anderstend that you're blinded by Zoro's shining and you can't see the down side of it, but it hurts Luffy's character, like really, really bad. Luffy has never looked this pathetic in the entire series, for me his character is done.
But I do think Oda could've done better when it comes to Sanji. I hope he gets his matchup soon
There's nothing that can save Sanji right now, the point of no return has long been crossed, at this point it would be much better if Oda kills off Sanji with great sacrificial death. It would be mercy for hid character and fans.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Only when it comes to base Luffy, yes, base Luffy has less endurance than Zoro, but Oda keeps hyping Zoro's endurance aver gear 4th at this point. Also, it's not just the endurance only; Zoro's attack was the first attack that Kaido ever dodged. Even dispite learning the advanced haki+gear 4th Luffy's attacks weren't even comparable to Zoro's single attack that scared off two Yonko, now Zoro blocked the combined attack of two Yonko.
Again, Oda can give Zoro a 1v1 against Admiral in Wano, I don't care, but these are the Yonkos.
Luffy's entire character is billed around his dream of becoming the PK, all these 20 years for this moment for Luffy to show off against Kaido, to prove that he has what it takes to be the PK. Zoro is constantly overshadowing Luffy and Kid whose dream is to become the PK, Zoro is literally carrying the fight, if it wasn't for Zoro Luffy would have been long dead, he saved his ass at least two times alredy, no, actually three. Zoro is the one who is constantly proving his worth in this fight, Zoro is the one who has what it takes to be the PK, not Luffy or Kid but Zoro, of all people. As a Zoro fan I anderstend that you're blinded by Zoro's shining and you can't see the down side of it, but it hurts Luffy's character, like really, really bad. Luffy has never looked this pathetic in the entire series, for me his character is done.

There's nothing that can save Sanji right now, the point of no return has long been crossed, at this point it would be much better if Oda kills off Sanji with great sacrificial death. It would be mercy for hid character and fans.
LOL what is going on in this community? People be mad, Oda is doing something right :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I honestly can't see Zoro doing anything for at least a couple of scans later.

That attack was too much, even from him.

So Orchi is a literal Hydra. He'll keep on popping out every 10 chapters xD

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Best part of chapter Luffy making fun of Kaidou being afraid of getting hurt by Luffys attack again.

Kaidou really starts to take Luffy serious :pepemusic:
[automerge]1617438422[/automerge]
My favorite thing this chapter is Luffy
"What's wrong, Kaido?! Are you perhaps dodging because you know this will hurt? :blobinterested: " lol
Another one seeing the great part! :pepemusic:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That Big Mom and Kaidou still only see Luffy as a threat let the other 4 on the rooftop look like Luffys sidekicks.

Also the way the 4 removed Big Mom together was only Sidekick still. They didn't even managed to hurt Big Mom together...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Also the way the 4 removed Big Mom together was only Sidekick still. They didn't even managed to hurt Big Mom together...
But they weren't even trying? Hurting Big Mom wasn't their objective to begin with.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda is still the Mvp.

But fuck Zoro. I'd rather see Gambit eat my heart than seeing Oda letting Zoro shine once again.

#teamsanji

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom