Spoilers One Piece - 1009 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1009
Title: Hell

SCANS

- Kinemon and his group meet Orochi face to face.

- The Red Scabbards defeat Orochi while he is transformed into his Yamato no Orochi form (although it is not known if he is really dead).

- Raizou Vs. Fukurokuju.

Kid: "Trafalgar !! Can't you send one of them away with your ability?

Law:" If I could I would have done it already !! Their Haki is so strong that I cannot move them.

- Luffy: "Watch out, a big one is coming !!"

- Big Mom and Kaidou attack at the same time.

- Zoro stops the attack for a moment and is injured but the rest manage to dodge it.

- Luffy attacks Kaidou, and Kaidou returns the attack by throwing a lightning bolt through his mouth (which is seen in the image)

- Law uses shambles to put Zeus in a metal box created by Kid.

- Zoro cuts Prometheus.

- Killer attacks Napoleon.

- Thanks to a combined attack from Kid and Law since she does not have Zeus, Prometheus and Napoleon, they manage to throw Big Mom out of Onigashima and she falls into the sea.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
fuck, so he could boro breath in hybrid, too. this zoan is god level.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
couldn't agree more. tanking two yonko attacks. oda needs buddha
Two Yonko attacks in their strongest form. At this point it's not even funny... if Luffy managed to do the same as Zoro, the entire fan base would be in outrage. But everyone's afraid to say anything about Zoro, because if they say it, then they would be forced to accept that Zoro is Oda's favorite.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This is literally one of the worst things I've ever read.

I thought it was april fool joke. I bet fans will defend this as well.

Is oda done for real ? I never criticized one piece this bad but clearly pacing and writing has lost its meaning now. Even fans dont seem to care.

I
[automerge]1617156294[/automerge]
Two Yonko attacks in their strongest form. At this point it's not even funny... if Luffy managed to do the same as Zoro, the entire fan base would be in outrage. But everyone's afraid to say anything about Zoro, because if they say it, then they would be forced to accept that Zoro is Oda's favorite.
Clearly at this point oda no longer cares for logic . Of course he needs to find a way to make supernova look better than the rest .

Bog mom has become a running joke now. This literally adds oda just doesnt care about bad guys now everything to serve the kaido vs SN but why all the build for big mom for 3 fuckn arc only to be thrown into Ocean..

Gonna put this Naruto fight were wayyy better than this. This plot is for fanboys not for the fans who have been reading this series. Clearly oda these days is catering to fanboys now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Id say wait until the chapter is released. These spoilers can be misleading. You guys can still critisize Oda once you actually reas the chapter

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I dont believe in favorite. If he liked zoro he wouldnt have offpanelled him for 2 straight years.

Thing is oda is inconsistent with zoro and sanji they have not got their potential opponent who can push them.

Its odas fault he avoids fights in general terms but he is forced do it either because of sales and pressure from upper management.

My only advise is for power scaler OP is not the manga for you. OPM, Kingdom etc have author who do it much better.

OP is children's story its time we should soon accept this fact. Oda will give zero shit what outsider say because his audience is teenage Japanese fans.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I dont believe in favorite. If he liked zoro he wouldnt have offpanelled him for 2 straight years.
He split the crew in two, it has nothing to do with Zoro.
Thing is oda is inconsistent with zoro and sanji they have not got their potential opponent who can push them.

Its odas fault he avoids fights in general terms but he is forced do it either because of sales and pressure from upper management.

My only advise is for power scaler OP is not the manga for you. OPM, Kingdom etc have author who do it much better.

OP is children's story its time we should soon accept this fact. Oda will give zero shit what outsider say because his audience is teenage Japanese fans.
Let's just forget for a moment about Zoro, Sanji and strowhats in general. How many characters can block a Yonko attack? Not many, mostly top tiers. How many characters can block two Yonko's combined attacks in their strongest form? Probably no one, even Roger and Whitbeard wouldn't be able to do it.

Now we have Zoro blocking (even for limited time being) two Yonko attacks. The level of fanboysim behind that? What was Oda thinking?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Let's just forget for a moment about Zoro, Sanji and strowhats in general. How many characters can block a Yonko attack? Not many, mostly top tiers. How many characters can block two Yonko's combined attacks in their strongest form? Probably no one, even Roger and Whitbeard wouldn't be able to do it.

Now we have Zoro blocking (even for limited time being) two Yonko attacks. The level of fanboysim behind that? What was Oda thinking?
Yep totally agreed , i think oda is biased towards MCs.

Luffy and Zoro will be hyped against hybrid but does it make them better oden is the question ?

I'll wait for the panel to decide but spoiler makes it looks bad . Thats why text spoilers are so controversial and manga panel tells different story.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yep totally agreed , i think oda is biased towards MCs.

Luffy and Zoro will be hyped against hybrid but does it make them better oden is the question ?

I'll wait for the panel to decide but spoiler makes it looks bad . Thats why text spoilers are so controversial and manga panel tells different story.
Doesn't really matter how Zoro did or what it looks like, there are certain things that are impressive just by themselves. Even after seeing the scans I'm not going to pretend like it never happened, no matter how you look at it, Zoro stopped *even though for a moment* two Yonko attacks at the same time, in their strongest form. It's not something that can be a misinterpretation by the spiller providers.
Here are the spoilers from other sources...

It is highly implied that both Meme and Kaido used their weapons in that attack. Also, their thecnique is similar to what Dorry and Brogy used. The most ridiculous thing out of this all, is not the fact that Zoro singlehandedly managed to block their attack for some time, but the fact that Zoro withstood the damage, and I repeat he withstood the damage given by two Yonko at the same time. And it's not the end yet, after that Zoro continued fighting dispite his enjures. I'm not saying that Zoro has never shown his incredible endurance before, of course not, as matter of fact we saw it in Thriller Park that Zoro could took all of Luffy's damage on top of his own l. But still, two Emperors is just too much, like literally too much... That's impressive even for the Admirals and Yonko needless to say Zoro.
I just wanna remind people that Luffy lost his concessnes after Apoo's attack and Zoro was forced to carry him, also Luffy was oneshoted by Kaido before, but Zoro took damage from two Yonko in their strongest form and continued fighting. Oda loves Zoro more than anything in his Life, people better wake up, Luffy is not Oda's favorite character not even close.
[automerge]1617197639[/automerge]
Full summary, thanks to redon from Arlong Park Forums.

Chapter 1,009: "Hell (Naraku)"

Luffy appears on the cover of Weekly Shonen Jump #18, holding his hat while sakura petals fly around him.

In the Color Spread, the Straw Hat pirates are playing in the snow with Otama, Komachiyo and Bunbuku (the kettle that ate Inu Inu no Mi model Tanuki).

The fire is still spreading inside Onigashima castle. The Red Scabbards run into Orochi and Fukurokuju on the way, both are shocked.

Fukurokuju: "Orochi-sama, they don't know that you've already died once.
Please run and let me handle the Red Scabbards."

Orochi says he can't since inside the castle is filled with enemies. Besides the Red Scabbards are heavily injured, so Orochi thinks he can take them on. Orochi then mocks the Red Scabbards about Kanjuurou, saying that he's also fooled by Kyoshiro so it's even now. Orochi then transforms into his Yamata no Orochi form and attacks.

In an epic double spread, the Red Scabbards cut all of Orochi's head at once. Kinemon says they have no time to waste with him (he's implying that Orochi is not dead yet?) so they will leave his judgement to hell. The Red Scabbards continues on but Raizou stays to fight Fukurokuju.

Raizou: "I have misjudged you. I didn't expect you to fight for such a fool to the very end."

Fukurokuju: "I could say the same about you. It is fate that we will have to fight each other at last, Raizou!"

Cut to Onigashima rooftop. Kid asks Law why he can't just transport one of the Yonkou somewhere else. Law replies that he'd do that long ago if he can, but their Haki is too strong so he can't move them anywhere.

Big Mom suggests to Kaidou that they attack together and finish all Supernovas in one blow.

Kaidou: "I hope your legs and hip are still good enough, old hag!!"

Big Mom: "Who do you think you are talking to, boy!!"

Big Mom and Kaidou: "Hakai (覇海 Conquering the Sea)!!!"

Big Mom and Kaidou use a massive combined attack, they swing their weapons at the same time and send massive wave at the Supernova which is too fast for any of them to dodge. However, Zoro blocks the attack with his swords.

Zoro: "Get out of the way or we will all die!!"

Big Mom and Kaidou attack destroys part of the island. Law transports Zoro out in time so he survives but is heavily injured. Kid thanks Zoro for managing to slow down the attack even if he managed to do it for 1 second.

Luffy immediately jumps again and uses "Gomu Gomu no Red Hawk" at Kaidou, but Kaidou dodges it before Luffy can complete the attack. Luffy smiles.

Luffy: "So you have to dodge it because this can actually hurt you, right?"

Kaidou hits Luffy with his Kanabo. Luffy is thrown away but he manages to block the Kanabo with haki-cladded arms. His arms hurt but Luffy os still fine. Kaidou follows up by shooting a beam from his mouth at Luffy that dodges it. Then Kaidou jumps up and uses "Kouzanze Ragunaraku" (降三世 引奈落 Three-world Ragnarok) an attack where he spins his Kanabo around with a lot of black thunder coming out before striking down on Luffy.

Back to Big Mom Vs. the other Supernova. Kid creates a metal box then tells Law he is ready. Law then uses "Chambres" to transport Zeus into the box.

Killer and Zoro (that is still coughing up blood) then attack together. Zoro uses “Homurasaki” to slice up Prometheus while Killer attacks Napoleon, separating both of them from Big Mom.

Kid then uses “Punk Pistols” to shoot multiple metal arrows at Big Mom.

Big Mom: "Do you think you can win just by separating them from me?"

The arrows don’t work on Big Mom at all. She then punches Kid down to the ground. Kid takes Big Mom punch in full but he then grabs her arm and uses “Repel”, bouncing Big Mom’s body up into the air. Law then uses “Takt” to throw a huge rock at Big Mom.

Big Mom: “Why do you still think these rocks can work against me?”

Then Big Mom realizes that the rock has pushed her off the edge of Onigashima, and below her is only the sea. Big Mom then summons Zeus to help her, but Zeus is still trapped in Kid’s box.

Law: "If we manage to stop them from helping her, then there’s one player off the stage!"

Big Mom starts to fall into the sea...

End of chapter. No break next week.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Nicolo Makaveli agreed. This is just crazy with Zoro. As much as I like Zoro Oda needs to let off the Zoro train, at least a little. This is end of series level power we are talking about here.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Nicolo Makaveli agreed. This is just crazy with Zoro. As much as I like Zoro Oda needs to let off the Zoro train, at least a little. This is end of series level power we are talking about here.
When I said that Zoro is leading the battle for the PK throne people got angry. As if I was saying nonsense, but look at it now lol. I've been saying this for some time already, but Luffy's entire goal and character motivation is around the PK dream, Luffy should be the leading force in this fight against Kaido. Zoro can shine as much as Oda wants, Zoro can even 1v1 an Admiral in Wano, I'm fine with it. But destroying Luffy's character? For what.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When I said that Zoro is leading the battle for the PK throne people got angry. As if I was saying nonsense, but look at it now lol. I've been saying this for some time already, but Luffy's entire goal and character motivation is around the PK dream, Luffy should be the leading force in this fight against Kaido. Zoro can shine as much as Oda wants, Zoro can even 1v1 an Admiral in Wano, I'm fine with it. But destroying Luffy's character? For what.
At some point you need to understand One piece is adventure manga so my only understanding some of the logic dont make sense . Zoro and luffy will need to shine in this arc since they will have to challenge the people who looked upto .

I would say just dont feel negative about how MC gets miracle plot from author . If you want to read logical manga i am already reading Kingdom its far far better than OP . I am telling ya oda no longer cares because he knows fans have stuck with him this long adding bs wont matter much because he still has main theme to finish .

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

I know and I agree about Oda's "special" treatment to Zoro, he's Zoro fanboy, and that's a fact, but if you said that Roger/WB couldn't block those attack, that's just baseless statement and i disagree with that...

WB can just block it with one swing of his Murakumogiri....

Kaidou+BigMom are indeed superhuman, but they're still nothing compared to Roger/WB, especially WB...even their combined super duper attacks would be easily blocked by WB...how can you compare Zoro to WB....haha

by the way, i'm surprised that my prediction about all of orochi's heads being cut by the scabbards at the same time would happen this soon...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
At some point you need to understand One piece is adventure manga so my only understanding some of the logic dont make sense . Zoro and luffy will need to shine in this arc since they will have to challenge the people who looked upto .
That doesn't mean that Luffy's character should be thrown away.
I would say just dont feel negative about how MC gets miracle plot from author . If you want to read logical manga i am already reading Kingdom its far far better than OP . I am telling ya oda no longer cares because he knows fans have stuck with him this long adding bs wont matter much because he still has main theme to finish .
I've been reading Kingdom since it's first days. Kingdom is a good story but it isn't a story that I fill the need to discuss with people, it's much more straight forward storytelling.

When it comes to one piece... I've been disappointed by Oda's post-timskip writing choices since Fishman island arc. It was as if someone just changed the author in mid-story, it felt different, not like the one piece that I knew. When I first started reading one piece, it was around Zou arc, so I transitioned from per‐timskip to post-timskip without breaks, I wasn't reading one piece weakly, I was reading chapter after chapter. Because of this fast and immediate transition from pre-timskip to post-timskip, without weakly breaks, it had a profound effect on me. I could clearly see and recognize the difference in the characters and the writing style. It was different, too different for me... But I was hanging on since I still had so much interest in every chapter, but now I fill like all the interest is gone. I'll probably take some break from one piece, and if my interest doesn't come back then I'll probably stop reading it till the end, and then I'll read all if it at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom