Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1027
Title: An Unbelievable Disaster

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON

readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1027 QUICK SUMMARY
Luffy's clash with Kaido caused a huge tremor on the rooftop and resulted in many falling rubbles to the live floor.
Yamato was apparently hit by Kaido's previous Thunder Bagua as her defensive ability couldn't withstand its force.
Luffy told Yamato to accompany Momo. Kaido tried to hit Momo, but Yamato blocked the attack. Luffy then put his legs around Kaido's neck to hold him back.

After Momo escaped from Kaido, he fell. Yamato told him that dragons don't actually fly, but they conjure flame clouds and use them as foothold.
Momo managed to do it. Yamato noticed that the flame clouds around Onigashima are unstable, meaning Kaido's power is weakening.
Yamato told Momo to use his flame clouds to prevent Onigashima from falling, especially considering how it's filled with many weapons and gunpowder.
It's a giant bomb. Momo wanted to warn Luffy but Yamato knocked his head, saying how Luffy doesn't need any more distraction.

On the live floor, King has gone wild in hybrid form because Zoro broke a part of King's mask. Apparently no one has ever seen his real face.
He used his Pteranodon's wings to slash everyone indiscriminately.
Zoro tried to block the slash, but it was so strong that Zoro got knocked far away.
Franky captured Zoro and offered to help. Zoro refused and asked Franky to step back.

King was walking towards them from the shadows and used "Tankyudon: Divine Red Bow."
Zoro used "Three-sword style: Ultra Tiger Hunt." He managed to destroy even more part of King's mask, but still got sent flying outside of Onigashima.
Without having time to breathe, King quickly attacked Zoro again and made him fall. Zoro used "Clear Lance" to propel himself upwards so he didn't fall.
Zoro told King that he should've used his blade when going for the kill. Zoro couldn't forgive King for that.
King replied he couldn't forgive Zoro either, implying how pissed he is at Zoro for ruining his mask, leaving his left forehead and hair exposed.

No break next week.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
King is Zoro's father confirmed?
LOL how did you come to that conclusion?

After reading the chapter, I say King redeemed himself after being such a disappointment in his previous appearances.
I've never seen anyone who could send Zoro flying like that just from regular attacks. Dude's a monster.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
LOL how did you come to that conclusion?

After reading the chapter, I say King redeemed himself after being such a disappointment in his previous appearances.
I've never seen anyone who could send Zoro flying like that just from regular attacks. Dude's a monster.
lol, dunno. The last panel especially enforced the idea that there is something about what's behind the mask alright. So yeah lots of thing went inside so many minds.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I knew all along.

LMAO honestly I wouldn't be surprised.

This "secret behind the mask" of King reminds me of Katakuri. It almost feels like a parallel.
Katakuri's face doesn't look that bad though. I think his real face makes him even more badass, so I expect the same from King.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Momo's expressions are amusing given he's now a giant ass dragon
Also does King ever blink?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This was a good chapter. We are starting to see the limit of a Yonko's ability and the limit of Luffy's abd Zoro's abilities. If Zoro is somewhat struggling with King, this indicates he is, at best, slightly more powerful than a first commander (with some crazy lapses of power). Meanwhile, Luffy is at his limit holding off Kaidou. This puts him at borderline Yonko level (I wwould classify himas a "lower emperor", basically, the weakest on the emperor tier). Yamato is probably either on the same level or possibly slightly stronger than Zoro.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah, Momo at this point is just a poor man's Kaido.

I dunno, but Zoro will make him blink. :datea:
I'm actually betting that King might've accidently given himself severe burns as a child or something, hence the suit. So if that's the case he might not even have eyelids to blink with :pepehands:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm actually betting that King might've accidently given himself severe burns as a child or something, hence the suit. So if that's the case he might not even have eyelids to blink with :pepehands:
That's a nice theory. So he's like One Piece's Gabi (from MHA) without the brothers and broken family.

Yamato is probably either on the same level or possibly slightly stronger than Zoro.
It pains me to read this as a Zoro fan, but I must admit Yamato is currently a step above Zoro.
She could hold off Kaido in 1v1 for that long and she knows how to use advance CoC.
But I believe Zoro will eventually surpass her later on when he knows how to utilize advance CoC and CoA.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Isn't Zoro's father the third admiral ? Or rumored to be ?

Anyways, great chapter. I am excited for more King. So his race does have a more human look. I really thought that his armor was his body xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom