Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 1042: Winners Shouldn't Need Rationalizations

Rate the Chapter

• Blew my mind!

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Average

• Meh

• Poor

• Awful

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1042
Title: Winners Shouldn't Need Rationalizations

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1042 QUICK SUMMARY
X-Drake stabbed CP0 boss in the chest. The later survived despite coughing up blood, then hit Drake's throat with "Shigan."
Meanwhile, at the Flower Capital, everyone are preparing to light the sky lanterns.

Back at the rooftop, Kaido is taking hits after hits after hits after hits after hits from Luffy's "Gomu gomu no Hydra."
He managed to block one hit with his kanabo, but he immediately took another one. And another one. And another one. DJ Khaled would be proud.
Taking all those hits, he yelled out loud that he is hurt and entered a "Flirty Drunk Phase." It looks like he is enjoying it.
Kaido told Luffy that he is not the only one who can see the future.
He entered a "Thieving Drunk Phase" as he started dodging Luffy's attacks, transformed into his dragon form and ate Luffy.

Kaido flew to the sky with Luffy inside his mouth, then used his "Blast Breath" at Luffy. The attack went through the entire Onigashima.
Luffy managed to tank the attack and escaped from being sent to the ground.
He quickly transformed into Boundman, went back to the rooftop and punched Kaido to the ground with "Supreme Kong Gun."

Before Luffy could land another hit, Kaido entered his "Homicidal Drunk Phase", transformed into hybrid mode and hit Luffy with "Roaring Thunder Bagua."
Luffy's eyes went white for a bit, but he managed to survive the attack as he covered his mouth to not let any air out.
Both Luffy and Kaido then went for a final attack, until suddenly CP0 boss showed up and held Luffy's hand, stopping Luffy from using "Supreme Kong Gun."
As Kaido hit Luffy with "Roaring Thunder Bagua", his expression changed as he is reminded of what happened with his battle against Oden.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What a bloody chapter :monkaH:
RIP Drake :pepehands:
RIP Luffy :pepehands:
RIP CP0 Boss :pepehands:

The big questions after this chapter:
Will Kaidou hit himself with Thunder Bagua? :pepelaugh:
I hope not, we don't need another Katakuri :feelstrashman:

I am expecting Luffy getting up again could lead to flashback with Kaidou remembering Xebec vs Garp and Roger :pepethinking:

Or we get a flashback of Kaidou and learn why he is obsessed to find a worthy opponent before Luffy gets up :pepehmm:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What a bloody chapter :monkaH:
Yep. I don't remember when a One Piece chapter contained so much blood in it. The fight has been absolutely brutal.

RIP Drake :pepehands:
I'd have mixed feelings if he dies.
On one side, I'm glad we finally get to see big deaths in what is supposed to be a "war."
On the other side, I would like him to survive to tell Koby and SWORD about what the Straw Hats have achieved in Wano.

RIP CP0 Boss :pepehands:
I hope he gets brutally murdered by Kaido.
He should get smashed so hard from above that his head ends up sinking into his butt.

I am expecting Luffy getting up again could lead to flashback with Kaidou remembering Xebec vs Garp and Roger :pepethinking:

Or we get a flashback of Kaidou and learn why he is obsessed to find a worthy opponent before Luffy gets up :pepehmm:
I would like Joyboy to be mentioned in the flashback. Maybe Kaido learned about Joyboy from Xebec.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'd have mixed feelings if he dies
I hope he gets brutally murdered by Kaido
I don't expect any of three mentioned dies, its One Piece :weirdpeep:
[automerge]1646404460[/automerge]
I would like Joyboy to be mentioned in the flashback. Maybe Kaido learned about Joyboy from Xebec.
Maybe Kaidou knows he is not strong enough to be JoyBoy. And he thinks that he can only get stronger through fighting worthy opponents.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't expect any of three mentioned dies, its One Piece :weirdpeep:
For Luffy, I have a feeling Kaido will patiently wait for him to wake up and finish the duel while we are reading Kaido's flashback.

Maybe Kaidou knows he is not strong enough to be JoyBoy. And he thinks that he can only get stronger through fighting worthy opponents.
That could be it. Joyboy is a world changer and that's why Kaido think being strong, waging war against the world is his way of being one.
But of course we know it's not that simple.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I have a feeling Kaido will patiently wait for him to wake up and finish the duel
Kaidou won't wait. Luffy will get up right after Kaidou destroys CP0-Boss with ease :weirdpeep:

Thats what I expect. Cause there isn't any time left.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Saw a neat little theory someone proposed as the scene where Kaido hits Luffy is a part of Kaido's future sight. If so that would mean Kaido might smack the CP0 instead, getting punched by Luffy in the process. Whatever happens though I do see the clouds holding up the island disappearing in like the next chapter

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Saw a neat little theory someone proposed as the scene where Kaido hits Luffy is a part of Kaido's future sight. If so that would mean Kaido might smack the CP0 instead, getting punched by Luffy in the process. Whatever happens though I do see the clouds holding up the island disappearing in like the next chapter
Don't think so. Males more sense if Luffy surpasses Oven by standing up again :pepethinking:

This hit will also lead to a huge Haki-Zenkai-Boost :pepesmug:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Don't think so. Males more sense if Luffy surpasses Oven by standing up again :pepethinking:

This hit will also lead to a huge Haki-Zenkai-Boost :pepesmug:
That... can also happen I guess 🤷‍♀️

Top Bottom