Spoilers One Piece Chapter 1047 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In the color spread, the Straw Hats are on the beach with dragon Momo
- we get a flashback in Oden burning castle, when Momo decided to travel to the future.
- Luffy uses "Gomu Gomu no Thunder"
- Kaido confirms Roger wasn't a devil fruit user. He also says that "abilities" are not necessary to dominate the world.
- Burning Orochi losses sea stone nail and transforms.
- Luffy creates a massive punch that's bigger than Onigashima's castle to attack Kaido

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great spoiler!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
- Burning Orochi losses sea stone nail and transforms.
Can Denjio show up and kill this guy already? It's starting to get annoying.

- Luffy creates a massive punch that's bigger than Onigashima's castle to attack Kaido
Bruh...at this point Luffy can destroy the whole Marineford with 1 punch if he wants to.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
While I'm really enjoying Luffy vs Kaido, I'd be lying if it wasn't starting to drag a little bit right now.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
We'll get to hear more about Roger is what makes me excited. Non DF user, he is.
At last, some solid confirmation. Terrifying to think that Roger could go shoulder to shoulder with all these monsters. Just what kind of gigachad was that man??

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
While I'm really enjoying Luffy vs Kaido, I'd be lying if it wasn't starting to drag a little bit right now.
Me too.
I expect the fight to end next 1-2 chapters. We've seen Kaido going all out and what Luffy's G5 is capable of.
There's nothing else to see besides the boring subplots of Orochi & Onigashima falling over the Flower Capital.

It feels like Oda is trying to put Kaido's defeat and Orochi's death in the same chapter at the cost of pacing. Not a big fan.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Me too.
I expect the fight to end next 1-2 chapters. We've seen Kaido going all out and what Luffy's G5 is capable of.
There's nothing else to see besides the boring subplots of Orochi & Onigashima falling over the Flower Capital.

It feels like Oda is trying to put Kaido's defeat and Orochi's death in the same chapter at the cost of pacing. Not a big fan.
At one end I'd be glad for it to be over by then. But on the opposite end we still haven't seen Kaido's awakening. It'd be super weird for a zoan yonko to not show awakening. He even seems to hold a lot of knowledge about it when he looked at Luffy's awakening.

The argument for Big Mom I'd say is she has already shown it but hasn't categorized it as awakening. I'm pretty sure her whole hocus pocus(where she steals other people their soul) stuff is her actual awakening.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
At one end I'd be glad for it to be over by then. But on the opposite end we still haven't seen Kaido's awakening. It'd be super weird for a zoan yonko to not show awakening. He even seems to hold a lot of knowledge about it when he looked at Luffy's awakening.

The argument for Big Mom I'd say is she has already shown it but hasn't categorized it as awakening. I'm pretty sure her whole hocus pocus(where she steals other people their soul) stuff is her actual awakening.
Honestly if her awakening is anything, it's most likely that ability where she takes her own lifespan and boosts her strength with it tbh

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kiyoris speech a few chapters ago should have been the end of Orochi. His schtick is old, boring.

Hopefully it's over soon, though we still need kaidos backstory.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
[automerge]1650516375[/automerge]

HOLY SHIT DUDE LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT FIST :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited:
[automerge]1650517126[/automerge]
@kakashi19283 @QuickZilver708

In this chapter Kaido confirms that it isn't the Devil Ability that makes you the strongest in the world. The only thing that matters is your Haki. And he uses Roger as an example.

Which is a confirmation that Roger was indeed the strongest pirate, since his Haki was so powerful on its own that he could contend with WB and the other Pirates/Marines with strong DF abilities. And IMO before Akainu, Garp was the strongest Marine

Also one thing I've noticed since Luffy awakened, is that he clearly hasn't gotten the hang of the "freedom" fighting style. He's getting his ass whooped still lol.
[automerge]1650517351[/automerge]

:pepesmug: :pepesmug: :pepesmug:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
[automerge]1650516375[/automerge]

HOLY SHIT DUDE LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT FIST :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited: :pepeexcited:
[automerge]1650517126[/automerge]
@kakashi19283 @QuickZilver708

In this chapter Kaido confirms that it isn't the Devil Ability that makes you the strongest in the world. The only thing that matters is your Haki. And he uses Roger as an example.

Which is a confirmation that Roger was indeed the strongest pirate, since his Haki was so powerful on its own that he could contend with WB and the other Pirates/Marines with strong DF abilities. And IMO before Akainu, Garp was the strongest Marine

Also one thing I've noticed since Luffy awakened, is that he clearly hasn't gotten the hang of the "freedom" fighting style. He's getting his ass whooped still lol.
[automerge]1650517351[/automerge]

:pepesmug: :pepesmug: :pepesmug:
Damn, was a lot more fighting in it than I expected.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yep, seeing the size of the first on panel caught me off guard ngl
Yeah same, but it does feel like the end is finally in sight. Just like with Doffy his mega punch ended things, perhaps this one wil as well? Feels more and more like the set up to end things at the very least.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah same, but it does feel like the end is finally in sight. Just like with Doffy his mega punch ended things, perhaps this one wil as well? Feels more and more like the set up to end things at the very least.
I think this is the end of the fight, it's just Momo's turn to stop being a coward and move Onishigama out of the way before Luffy kills everyone lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think this is the end of the fight, it's just Momo's turn to stop being a coward and move Onishigama out of the way before Luffy kills everyone lol
Yup. Now it'll remain to be seen if it'll actually defeat Kaido. I'll only believe it when I see his KO face in the manga. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Not gonna lie bro, i think there is no tanking a punch like this for anyone lmao
Unless he shifts into awakening and it gives him a new ability or something. But yeah, it seems like the final hit that luffy's been preparing for. These two weeks are going to be hell.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Unless he shifts into awakening and it gives him a new ability or something. But yeah, it seems like the final hit that luffy's been preparing for. These two weeks are going to be hell.
Honestly, based on the fact that Luffy's awakening just gave him a new transformation into his true Mythical Zoan form.

And the fact that Kaido's Mythical Zoan is truly an Ou Ou no mi model. I think it's safe to say that Kaido has been awakened already and has been using it the entire time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom