Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 962
Title: The Daimyo and His Retainers

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
jaiminis box

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 962 QUICK SUMMARY

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
wow...nice chapter....I thought it would be boring but while I reading, I really felt the journey of Oden and his exploits...nice way to move forward without feeling rushed...

Shutenmaru is the strongest of the scabbards....

Who is that fifth person along with WB/BigMom/Kaido/Shiki??

Yasu already started suspecting Orochi.....there is nothing in the chapter about the spoiler of "Orochi stealing the devil fruit or money"....

It may be that Oden is the first mate of WB before Marco and others...

Overall it is a great chapter....

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Great chapter and hyped to see Oden and his Scabbards. Too bad Oden vs Ashura was off paneled but seeing that both were badly injured (granted Oden was massively outnumbered), it's safe to say Ashura is really strong and probably Top Commander level now.

A few questions though

We see Kawamatsu in last page? So is it safe to assume he didn't join Oden yet? Will we see that in next chapter?

Kawamatsu meets Inu and Neko. Do they form a friendly and close relationship before Oden takes them in to protect them from abuse?

Are Kawamatsu, Inu and Neko joining Oden happening 6 years after Oden's initial Scabbards?

Orochi is a liar but the spoilers gave fake info. I'm pretty sure he's responsible for the theft and blamed Oden for no reason. Yasuie doubts that so i think he might have kicked him out later on.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
wow...nice chapter....I thought it would be boring but while I reading, I really felt the journey of Oden and his exploits...nice way to move forward without feeling rushed...

Yasu already started suspecting Orochi.....there is nothing in the chapter about the spoiler of "Orochi stealing the devil fruit or money"....

Captain John

Oro-piece-of-Chit was a piece of shit since the start.

F*** I love Oden and Ashura interaction. I wish we saw more of that :catcry:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

I think Shiki to the very left and John to the very right.
Zombies have to be waaaaay weaker than their originals. And if John rly was infamous then he probably relied on family/alliances and maybe a devil fruit.
I wont call it a stretch if WB visits Wano and Teach will be with him as a young cabin boy.

Anyway the chapter was underwhelming but still it was good. It felt super one piecish and I loved that. Some new questions appeared like it shall be.

I think next we will see the childs of destiny comming to wano...toki...wb...roger.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
YOOOOOOOO!!!!
Izo was actually Oden's follower?! And he's Kiku's older brother????
This strengthens the idea that Nekomamushi would bring many of Whitebeard Pirates to the war including Marco & Izo to Wano.

And Izo actually followed Oden to join Whitebeard Pirates in the past alongside Nekomamushi-Inuarashi.
I wonder why the rest of the scabbards didn't (especially Kinemon & Denjiro), since they were so adamant on following Oden "forever".

There are few things I'm curious the most after reading this chapter:
1. We got to see late Ringo's daimyo, Shimotsuki Ushimaru (Gyukimaru's/Onimaru's master), on page 9.
Will we ever get to see Shimotsuki Kouzaburou (creator of Wado Ichimonji & Enma) in later chapters?
Has Kouzaburou left Wano to the outside world to build Shimotsuki Village (Koushiro's hometown) during this period?
Because it would make sense that the news of him successfully & illegally leaving Wano would have inspired Oden to leave as well.
Of course, that is besides the fact that Whitebeard may have visited Wano to recruit Oden himself.

2. Raizo was rejected by a kunoichi and left Oniwanbashu because of that? I probably misunderstand this part, but it just sounds off. I assume this kunoichi he fell in love with was a part of Oniwanbashu.

3. How & why did this Oniwanbashu group become Orochi's followers later on?

Lastly, I changed my mind about Orochi. This guy can burn in magma hell. :catainu: ??? ??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kiku and Izo are siblings :yay: that's so cute, they look so cuuuuute! :yay:

it's nice to see how they had found all together as a group and to hear their backstories. I still wonder a bit about Denjiro because of the theory he could be Koshiro. I wonder, I wonder :catsweat: but they all look so amazing when they were younger~ besides Orochi. I won't talk about that disgusting sewer rat. :angrycrabs:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Like @God_Usopun and @Rej I would put my bets on Captain John. The long hair already fits

And with Buggys hint for his great Treasure and his appearence in TB, he is more relevant for the story then Silber Axe or Ou Choku.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think this Chapter further strengthen the idea that Traitor is either Inu or Neko
Because we all expected that Traitor Sub-Plot would be hinted at in this Flashback
And now we've seen how all Scabbards joined Oden and Oda showed that in few Panels
But Chapter ending with Inu/Neko arriving at Wano shows how they have their own Sub-Plot

Oda could have made us truly exclude Neko/Inu from list of Suspects in Zou Arc and made us suspect others like Kanjuro & Kiku
But in truth, it's one of the Minks who is doing this and there are many Hints really

The fact that Oda still didn't answer us about the true reason Neko/Inu fought each other and what they were doing when Castle was burning is a Huge Hint, also Oda didn't answer us about how Guardians are so stealthy that even Luffy with his CoO couldn't detect them
Another Simple Hint is the fact that Neko & Inu are Rivals (Cat & Dog) so it makes sense if they fight each other
And they aren't just Rivals, they are both Rulers of Zou, so it's not far-fetched to say that only one needs to rule at the end

Also, let's not forget that Oda decided that Neko's Arrival be delayed (2 weeks passed and War is gonna start & Neko nowhere to be seen)
Which begs the question, why ? even Marco isn't sure to come, and actually declined, so Oda could have just made Neko return already
I think the possible reason Oda chose to make Neko arrive late, is so that he doesn't hear about this Traitor Thing because apparently he knows things about Inu that others don't, so he might suspect him or vice versa

More hints rely in the information that Orochi got, there are two things that were leaked recently, Location of Sunny & Moon Tattoo
Both these things are Info that didn't recently change, in other words, Oden's Allies had Moon Tattoo for a long time & Sunny was in that location since Luffy arrived, and yet Orochi got the info late, which means Traitor only heard recently

Moon Tattoo was revealed to those who traveled in Time, but Orochi didn't do anything about it, until Luffy & others arrived
So i doubt it's one of the ones who Traveled, Denjiro isn't shown yet, Kawamatsu was in Prison whole time & Ashura most probably knew about this Tattoo before anyone else and he didn't rat about it
So this only leaves us with Inurashi ?? right, or possibly Neko arrived and is hiding but that's far-fetched

Same thing for Sunny's Location, Oda made sure to create a Flashback that includes Usopp revealing Sunny's Location to Minks, i mean like seriously, it's obvious that scene was necessary unless Oda wanted to show us when Traitor heard the info and in that Panel, Oda insisted that it's the Minks who are listening

Not to mention that in Zou Arc, Sicillian really wanted to go with Luffy to WCI & Pedro didn't let him & told Neko to give the order
I mean that scene didn't show us Luffy & Co. picking Pedro to go with them because many volunteered, but it actually showed us that Sicillian can't go, why would Oda do that ?
And remember that portraying someone outside of Wano as Traitor is completely acceptable and better than suspecting someone from Wano

I honestly don't see how is Oda gonna use this Sub-Plot, and if he can explain why one of Minks Rulers is Traitor and what he is doing it for
But we can't deny the many hints out there, and c'mon let's be honest, even though i was among the very first who suspected Kanjuro, i doubt someone like him or Kiku or Shinobu are Traitors

This Sub-Plot have being present for ages now, so the revelation should be great and Traitor should be a Character that is really focused on.
Kanjuro haven't done anything, isn't an intimidating character, not that strong compared to Top Scabbards & u saw how Oda didn't focus on him much in Flashback or anywhere in Story really, same for Kiku & Shinobu

As for the possible reason why Neko or Inu would be a Traitor, it's simple
Oda made sure that Neko & Inu are among retainers who joined Oden in his Travel (Along with Izo & possibly Denjiro explaining his absence)
And if we remember Rayleigh's words from Sabaody, he said that not everyone would have same conclusion & opinion about what they find in the end (One Piece & Poneglyphs Story ... etc)
So what if Inu & Neko actually have some knowledge they aren't sharing, what if this kind of idea conflict is what made them opposites
Possibilities are endless really

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So it started with 7 retrainers. Soon they will be 10. But only 9 we're mentioned so it means Izo didn't returned to Wano.

I really hope the story doesn't end with Oden leaving Wano. I really wanna know why Izo decided to stay with WB and stopped following Oden.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So we had Chapter of Oden's Introduction, Chapter about how Kin'emon joined Oden, Chapter about how rest joined Oden
I think next we have Chapter about Neko, Inu, Kawamatsu, then about Oden joining WB Pirates, then joining Roger Pirates
Then we have Oden returning to Wano, and finally arrival of Kaido which could take like 3-4 Chapters
So overall i'd say this Flashback is about 10-12 Chapters long if not less (If Oda truly wants to end OP fast)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda could have made us truly exclude Neko/Inu from list of Suspects in Zou Arc and made us suspect others like Kanjuro & Kiku
Maybe it is Kanjuro and Orochi pays him with the hair of a Shogun :tmm:

I think the possible reason Oda chose to make Neko arrive late, is so that he doesn't hear about this Traitor Thing because apparently he knows things about Inu that others don't, so he might suspect him or vice versa
Actually a similiar thing can be applied to Izo and Kiku :blobcoolthink

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Orochi is scum and deserves to die.

Also Oden pretty much took on entire army by himself and won. That's big. Tho it was funny how he found his companions lmao
I never thought they were weirdos and vagabonds at start but oh boy this chapter proved me wrong

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Orochi is scum and deserves to die.

Also Oden pretty much took on entire army by himself and won. That's big. Tho it was funny how he found his companions lmao
I never thought they were weirdos and vagabonds at start but oh boy this chapter proved me wrong
"Orochi is scum" is such a funny statement xD it reminds me of mafia games where D1 people always suspect the same person because of meta.

So themeta in Wano arc is "whatever happened to Orochi he is scum" xD and I somehow think this is funny, but I agree. We can go all over this again, and praise the future scumdeath of Orochi xD
So we had Chapter of Oden's Introduction, Chapter about how Kin'emon joined Oden, Chapter about how rest joined Oden
I think next we have Chapter about Neko, Inu, Kawamatsu, then about Oden joining WB Pirates, then joining Roger Pirates
Then we have Oden returning to Wano, and finally arrival of Kaido which could take like 3-4 Chapters
So overall i'd say this Flashback is about 10-12 Chapters long if not less (If Oda truly wants to end OP fast)
I agree with everything there. Flashback might not be of length of Zou or so like some anticipated. I think having the length of Reverie is something Oda won't exploit above anymore.
But things like Reverie or the Oden flashback are true treasures of infodump. And evem the Reverie is being exploited after the "Reverie arc pt 1". So for sure Oden's flashback will be exploited later on. When Momo gets his moment. Orochi dies or Kaido gets fought.
So I dont think Oda is flashing forward the story by having the flashback of Oden not aslong as other big flashbacks.

Shion

Lost Soul
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Really good chapter to get to know how Oden found all of his retainers and how he went from a troublemaker to a Daimyo. I can't wait to see how he met Roger and went to travel at his side.

I'm also curious why Inu and Neko were drift ashore for Kawamatsu to find them. Did they try to leave Zou in an adventure or maybe they were fighting somewhere and ended up there by mistake?

I'm surprised Yasui have caught Orochi's lie and yet didn't do anything. He knew Oden and how he would behave if he wanted the money, why not solve the case there? Oh plot issues.... :blobeyeroll:

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
think this Chapter further strengthen the idea that Traitor is either Inu or Neko
Because we all expected that Traitor Sub-Plot would be hinted at in this Flashback
And now we've seen how all Scabbards joined Oden and Oda showed that in few Panels
But Chapter ending with Inu/Neko arriving at Wano shows how they have their own Sub-Plot
Oden was introduced eating some Oden, Ashura was introduced drinking snake's blood meaning he's a snake so the traitor :catmic:
[automerge]1573829178[/automerge]
I wouldn't be surprised if there was no traitor and Orochi could be behind everything. With the introduction of Oden having a notebook, if he got ahold of it, he basically knows everything about the retainers and as a previous retainer of Yasuie, he could have decoded his secret message himself since basically anyone familiar with the family (the allies) were able to decode it.

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oden was introduced eating some Oden, Ashura was introduced drinking snake's blood meaning he's a snake so the traitor :catmic:
[automerge]1573829178[/automerge]
I wouldn't be surprised if there was no traitor and Orochi could be behind everything. With the introduction of Oden having a notebook, if he got ahold of it, he basically knows everything about the retainers and as a previous retainer of Yasuie, he could have decoded his secret message himself since basically anyone familiar with the family (the allies) were able to decode it.
I agree with this and it could be a possibility. But he still somehow got the message of a change in plans regarding meeting place. Maybe a ninja was spying on them?

Also unrelated but we saw Ashura drinking snake blood. Maybe he's the one who kills Orochi??

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I agree with this and it could be a possibility. But he still somehow got the message of a change in plans regarding meeting place. Maybe a ninja was spying on them?

Also unrelated but we saw Ashura drinking snake blood. Maybe he's the one who kills Orochi??
I'd enjoy ashura cutting orochi down

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oh yeah, how did they relay the change of meeting place to all their forces again? I don't think it was another paper sign, so yeah he must have intercepted it another way to decipher it.
Could foreshadow him cutting one of his heads :pepemusic:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oh yeah, how did they relay the change of meeting place to all their forces again? I don't think it was another paper sign, so yeah he must have intercepted it another way to decipher it.

Could foreshadow him cutting one of his heads :pepemusic:
I always had the idea that the scabbards will take revenge for Oden and they will be the ones to cut Orochis heads during this process. Each scabbard one head. I still can include the possibility of Zoro stepping in and replacing Denjirou (because of the whole Shimotsuki chaos theory) and leading the scabbards and Zoro will do the final cut on Orochi. :catainu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom