Spoilers One Piece Chapter 969 spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Gotti gets defeated by Marine in the cover story
Who are these marines?? I know Gotti isn't some one too strong but for some random marines to just destroy him means their definitely more than just random.

Looking at the Coverstory pic, the guy with Capone's bounty seems to be the one who defeated Gotti. Him and the other marine definitely don't seem like normal random marine officers and this is the first time seeing marines with such attire.

The big guy looks a bit like a cyborg with that weird thing around his neck. Having a feeling this is the "SSG" Fujitora was talking about with Akainu. The group being worked upon by Vegapunk that's going to replace the Shichibukai.

Maybe Vegapunk is making changes to top marine soldiers similar to how Germa has been conducting it's own Human modification program. Afterall Vegapunk and Judge did work on genetic/human modification together.

Anyways, guess I got a bit too carried away, haha, though time will tell.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda actually stays consistence. What makes a good man good? The answer its simple it is someone who believes in the good of anyone. If Oden would only think about himself he would become an anti-hero.
Thinking about the good of everyone requires killing the immediate villains and preventing further damage from happening. It's because of Oden dancing crazily in hopes that Orochi would stick to the promises (which is idiotic because why would the enemy keep their word in the first place) that more people died and people lost hope in him.

I highly doubt the Strawhats would fall for the same trap. That's why i'm hoping Zoro actually shreds Orochi apart and allowing Momo and Hiyori to finish him off.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Who are these marines?? I know Gotti isn't some one too strong but for some random marines to just destroy him means their definitely more than just random.
Well Marines doesn't only consist of cowards. Thats why I think they are some ordinary strong newcomers like Coby. They have to be strong because they are after one of the supernovas.

I doubt they resemble the secret weapons which should replace the Shichibukai even If they actually resemble the Shichibukai.
I mean the 2 questioning Chiffon look like Kuma and Doflamingo.

Thinking about it this Marine Squad may have another 5 strong members resembling the remaining original Shichibukai.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I have a suspicion that Oden is gonna end up shooting off a blast of Conquerors Haki either this chapter or the next chapter. We know Oden has it yet we have yet to see him demonstrate it. We are running out of time to see it as the current act is coming to a close.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I can if i'm in the story :catcry:

It's just a really tiring and boring trope in the story. Villain X does something really horrible. Good guys A and B suffer and die in flashback which traumatizes Good guys C, D, E who swear for revenge years later only to end up relying on main hero who only beats up Villain X. Villain X then gets merely locked up and laugh maniacally at the chaos unfolding in newspapers.

Like this is literally Dressrosa Arc that's now invading Wano Arc. There Doflamingo was tolerated because he's cool and influential. And now Orochi's going to get the same fate. The guy will get redeemed somehow and will only end up locked up.

I hate that personally and would rather have Big Mom go in a hunger rampage and eat Orochi as a sick plot twist. Or maybe having Orochi die a slow brutal death to show that even good guys can fight back and kill people?
I like that idea of the sick plot twist. Btw I 100 % agree with you, in OP since they are in the new world a villain dying would be satisfying, especially Orochi, I mean that Motherfucker is worser than Spandam.

But maybe it’s just Odas philosophy, especially for Luffy not killing his enemy.

Do you remember Romance Dawn and Luffy being a Peace Main sort of Pirate - I believe Oda planned this as a fundamental philosophy.If the enemy die he could Rest In Peace, but if he’s alive he has to suffer this defeat till he dies and Rest In Peace.

Furthermore imo Oda didn’t kill of enemies simply because maybe he might use that character again redeemed or not. He simply won’t waist his creation.

Nevertheless it would be Satisfying if for instance Zoro Cut Orochi In several pieces kill him so Big Mom could eat a tasty Sashimi Yamata no Orochi style dish. :)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I like that idea of the sick plot twist. Btw I 100 % agree with you, in OP since they are in the new world a villain dying would be satisfying, especially Orochi, I mean that Motherfucker is worser than Spandam.

But maybe it’s just Odas philosophy, especially for Luffy not killing his enemy.

Do you remember Romance Dawn and Luffy being a Peace Main sort of Pirate - I believe Oda planned this as a fundamental philosophy.If the enemy die he could Rest In Peace, but if he’s alive he has to suffer this defeat till he dies and Rest In Peace.

Furthermore imo Oda didn’t kill of enemies simply because maybe he might use that character again redeemed or not. He simply won’t waist his creation.

Nevertheless it would be Satisfying if for instance Zoro Cut Orochi In several pieces kill him so Big Mom could eat a tasty Sashimi Yamata no Orochi style dish. :)
I agree. I guess i'm just feeling salty because i don't like annoying, sociopathic villains. And i don't like seeing the same trope of good characters dying and villains getting away.

Orochi is Zoro's enemy and Zoro is different from Luffy so i feel like Zoro's the type of guy to kill him. He did try to in the past so it'll be fitting given the personal ties with Yasuie. Hiyori and/or Momo could kill him though.

I also really hate the Kurozumi Family and i hope Orochi is the last one in the family alive. This chapter is making me feel really bitter so apologies for strong reactions.
[automerge]1579805785[/automerge]
Cool :)
It looks even more like Denjirou is indeed Kyoshiro. It also seems to be the moment Shinobu starts to realize following Orochi is the wrong way.
Wait how? Because of the eyes? I'm ok with this since it ends the evil Kyoshiro theories and add dimension to Hiyori's background

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Bah...that dancing part is quite underwhelming . Oden was brave man and was badass...
Oda did justice to him by testing his strength by WB. But this time he missed it.
It could much more impactful if Kaido make him to do something cruel and impossible to achieve in even 5 years...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Bah...that dancing part is quite underwhelming . Oden was brave man and was badass...
Oda did justice to him by testing his strength by WB. But this time he missed it.
It could much more impactful if Kaido make him to do something cruel and impossible to achieve in even 5 years...
Completely agree. I'm waiting for the chapter, but damn it, this could be the worst chapter i read in the entire manga. I'm really bitter and upset. This hurts me

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I agree. I guess i'm just feeling salty because i don't like annoying, sociopathic villains. And i don't like seeing the same trope of good characters dying and villains getting away.

Orochi is Zoro's enemy and Zoro is different from Luffy so i feel like Zoro's the type of guy to kill him. He did try to in the past so it'll be fitting given the personal ties with Yasuie. Hiyori and/or Momo could kill him though.

I also really hate the Kurozumi Family and i hope Orochi is the last one in the family alive. This chapter is making me feel really bitter so apologies for strong reactions.
[automerge]1579805785[/automerge]

Wait how? Because of the eyes? I'm ok with this since it ends the evil Kyoshiro theories and add dimension to Hiyori's background
It a good thing having strong reaction. I have no problems with that.

I agree with you Zoro is the type of guy who would kill Orochi, Zoro also said that he can’t forgive Orochi etc.

So you like villains that aren’t that kind of sociopathic right ? So you like villians kind a like Kuro from Syrup Village ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It a good thing having strong reaction. I have no problems with that.

I agree with you Zoro is the type of guy who would kill Orochi, Zoro also said that he can’t forgive Orochi etc.

So you like villains that aren’t that kind of sociopathic right ? So you like villians kind a like Kuro from Syrup Village ?
He's ok. Doflamingo, Big Mom and Kaido are good villains. Not an issue with sociopathic although that's bad. It's also they have something else on top of that, whether drunkness, hunger or just cool villain. Orochi is a coward that sells his dignity to get what he wants, and his entire family sucks. They're like Celestial Dragons, which is why i was happy when Luffy punched one of them pretty hard.

I hope Zoro does kill Orochi but i just want Orochi dead either way and the end to the Kurozumi plague that's hurting Wano.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Can someone please explain to me why Oden took 5 years to rebel? Whereas Luffy didn't care and rebelled immediately even when he was tossed into Udon? Luffy literally motivated Wano prisoners and Kuri civilians to rebel against Kaido and Orochi. He hugged poisoned prisoners, took the damage and nearly died (yes it gave Chopper an important development of curing the disease but still)

I feel Luffy's a better leader than Oden.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Can someone please explain to me why Oden took 5 years to rebel? Whereas Luffy didn't care and rebelled immediately even when he was tossed into Udon? Luffy literally motivated Wano prisoners and Kuri civilians to rebel against Kaido and Orochi. He hugged poisoned prisoners, took the damage and nearly died (yes it gave Chopper an important development of curing the disease but still)

I feel Luffy's a better leader than Oden.
Its quite simple. Oden wanted to save his friends and familiy. Therefore he swallowed his pride and during the bgstory we learned pride isn't really important for Oden.

5 years later Oden found out that Hyogoros family was murdered and with it that all promises which were made were actually fake. And afterwards he is going to start the war where he ends up getting killed.

Odens Situation ist completly different to Luffys situation. Orochi has know hostages Luffy really cares about nor does Luffy feel guilty for what happened in Wano.
[automerge]1579857722[/automerge]
In my opinion Oda does a good job giving more depth to Oden while he also stays consistence with Odens character.
[automerge]1579860513[/automerge]
With this Oda makes clear that Oden was a man of honor with an iron will.

Didn't imagine Oda manage to portrayed Oden as an even greater man in the final stage of the flashback.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom