Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 969
Title: The Idiot Lord

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
ReadOnePiece [add a dot com]

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 969 QUICK SUMMARY
Coming Soon...

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ninja'd xD

Looks like this is the end of the flashback and 970 directly starts with the continuation of the main story.

I was quite suprised Oda manage to make an even greater man out of Oden with the final part of the BGstory. In the end Oda found a great to highlight that Oden was a Man of Honor and an Iron Will who can swallow His own pride for his family and firends...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I really love the last page with all of them. Also Denjiro :pepemusic:

so seems like Oden had a promise with Kaido and Orochi and he firmly believed in that? So he acted as an idiot? But what in specific was that? Something about a boat? What was it?

I liked the chapter, it was just a bit difficult to read because there was a lot of text and it felt kind of like skipping from one thing to the next. But refreshing though

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Nessos continuing the discussion from spoiler thread, i still find it hard to believe Oden thought Orochi was genuine and Orochi stuck to his word... seeing that Orochi lied and was a fraud throughout his life. That's just how he is because of his Kurozumi upbringing.

Also Luffy was facing a hostage situation in Udon because the guards were firing Queen's virus bullets at the prisoners. Luffy didn't respond by following what the guards said. He motivated the prisoners to rise up against the guards and even hugged one of the poisoned prisoners, thereby contracting the virus himself and nearly dying.

Oden should have done similar with the poison arrows and win respect from the people rather than dancing in the streets like... well.. an idiot. I'd rather have Oden imprisoned, tortured and poisoned for 5 years than this.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I didn't like the chapter at all. I'm guessing Oden was naive to believe what Orochi said. It's so bad written for me. He could have made the change himself instead of doing that

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I didn't like the chapter at all. I'm guessing Oden was naive to believe what Orochi said. It's so bad written for me. He could have made the change himself instead of doing that
Oden got blackmailed somehow and it involved a boat (maybe to escape and get Whitebeard Pirates and former Roger Pirates to help?). Shinobu saw what happened so she'll hopefully provide the details. It also shows she's not a traitor

Ooo, next week should be goood
We might be heading to current story actually. Because that scene looks similar to the Scabbards scene before the flashbacks began

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Nessos continuing the discussion from spoiler thread, i still find it hard to believe Oden thought Orochi was genuine and Orochi stuck to his word... seeing that Orochi lied and was a fraud throughout his life. That's just how he is because of his Kurozumi upbringing.
As the Manga stated Orochi didn't make a move until 5 years ago. Unlike spoiler hinted we actually didn't get the deal, but it has something to do with Kaidou and the boat.

Maybe the deal was that if he plays the fool.for 5 years making the people follow Orochi he will allow Oden to leave Wano.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oden got blackmailed somehow and it involved a boat (maybe to escape and get Whitebeard Pirates and former Roger Pirates to help?). Shinobu saw what happened so she'll hopefully provide the details. It also shows she's not a traitor

We might be heading to current story actually. Because that scene looks similar to the Scabbards scene before the flashbacks began
I guess continuation of flashback makes more sense later in the arc.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As the Manga stated Orochi didn't make a move until 5 years ago. Unlike spoiler hinted we actually didn't get the deal, but it has something to do with Kaidou and the boat.

Maybe the deal was that if he plays the fool.for 5 years making the people follow Orochi he will allow Oden to leave Wano.
Idk it's hard to believe that but there's also a lot of time jumps. I need to read again once the official chapter's out.

I'm also really hoping Orochi gets taken down this Act and dies in the process. The wiki says he's a tertiary antagonist so it's clear the main villains here are the Yonkos.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

I've always said it, kanjuro is the traitor. Also he should have killed Orochi instead of doing to his then go get murdered by Kaido. At that time he had the support and they all get killed then he try to strike? Stupid move. He should have stuck to his plan (if it was) of getting WB or Roger Pirate to help

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I've always said it, kanjuro is the traitor.
Why Kanjuro? Currently everything points towards Kiku.
[automerge]1579900838[/automerge]
He should have stuck to his plan (if it was) of getting WB or Roger Pirate to
Doesn't look like the plan. More like "become a fool and make me great then I won't touch your family and friends and let you leave in a few years".

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I've always said it, kanjuro is the traitor. Also he should have killed Orochi instead of doing to his then go get murdered by Kaido. At that time he had the support and they all get killed then he try to strike? Stupid move. He should have stuck to his plan (if it was) of getting WB or Roger Pirate to help
I completely agree with you. I feel bitter about this chapter but i'm hoping this foreshadows Bentham, Barto and WB remnants arriving in Wano to settle the score. Imagine if Momo got protected by Barto's barriers against Orochi before pummeling Orochi down.
[automerge]1579901725[/automerge]
Why Kanjuro? Currently everything points towards Kiku.
[automerge]1579900838[/automerge]

Doesn't look like the plan. More like "become a fool and make me great then I won't touch your family and friends and let you leave in a few years".
The problem with this is why would Oden believe Orochi if Orochi was known to be a fraud. Oden himself was surprised by Orochi's lies last chapter when his retainers told him what happened. Why would he believe Orochi this time?

Contrast this to Luffy or Zoro who didn't care and went on a rampage. Oden trying to strike down Orochi is similar to Zoro trying to kill him. Both got blocked by someone else but i highly doubt Zoro would strike some deal or fall into blackmail by Orochi. He'll just kill him when he gets the chance and isn't interrupted.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I completely agree with you. I feel bitter about this chapter but i'm hoping this foreshadows Bentham, Barto and WB remnants arriving in Wano to settle the score. Imagine if Momo got protected by Barto's barriers against Orochi before pummeling Orochi down.
[automerge]1579901725[/automerge]

The problem with this is why would Oden believe Orochi if Orochi was known to be a fraud. Oden himself was surprised by Orochi's lies last chapter when his retainers told him what happened. Why would he believe Orochi this time?

Contrast this to Luffy or Zoro who didn't care and went on a rampage. Oden trying to strike down Orochi is similar to Zoro trying to kill him. Both got blocked by someone else but i highly doubt Zoro would strike some deal or fall into blackmail by Orochi. He'll just kill him when he gets the chance and isn't interrupted.
Again you also have to think about their situation. Oden thinks everything is his fault by leaving the country. Neither Luffy nor Zoro feel guilty for what happened in the country.

On top of that Oden learned Orochi is well protected by his Bodyguards.Then Orochi made a deal with Oden and kept word for 5 years. So why should he doubt him, Orochi got praised and Oden thinks that it is everything Orochi ever wanted. Then after 5 years Orochi betrayed Oden and Oden directly starts his counterattack to take revenge.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nobody! I mean nobody anticipated that barrier fruit user. Lol
It's an asspull to keep Orochi alive and try to make sense how Kaido got a scar from Oden but Orochi lived to tell the tale

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I didn't expect the old Kurozumi guy to have the Bari Bari no Mi lol, the Kurozumi family pretty are pretty interesting imo.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I didn't expect the old Kurozumi guy to have the Bari Bari no Mi lol, the Kurozumi family pretty are pretty interesting imo.
Very interesting indeed, wonder how Orochi would react to Barto haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom