Status
Not open for further replies.

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 979
Title: Family Trouble

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece (add a .com)

ONE PIECE CHAPTER ### QUICK SUMMARY
Coming Soon...

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Brilliant chapter. So now we know all tobiroppo were all pirate captains that decided to ally with Kaido.
Where is Yamato actually? Will he bump into one of the alliance?
Seems like none of the Beast pirates aware of the raid, this is gonna be very interesting.

And oh no.. Luffy is going to wreck the party again :eek:
[automerge]1588925455[/automerge]
And who is stranded on the ship with 21 flag? Is that germa?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yep. Calling it now.
Zoro is going to get lost, meet Who's Who, and go at it. First blood.
But fighting X Drake would be an interesting matchup as well.

Luffy...is going to do his thing. :pepeclown:
Love how both SH captain & vice-captain are the ones who will f*ck up first. Truly a match made in heaven.

That black shadow spying behind Robin & Jinbe is probably Yamato.
I hope I'm wrong, but judging from that shape alone, there's a good chance he's just another fodder character.

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Brilliant chapter. So now we know all tobiroppo were all pirate captains that decided to ally with Kaido.
Seems like none of the Beast pirates aware of the raid, this is gonna be very interesting.

And oh no.. Luffy is going to wreck the party again :eek:
Yeah they're basically an older version of the Worst Generation, and older version of Apoo/Hawkinds/Drake lol. The dynamic within the crew is pretty greaat.

Onigashima doesn't seem to be that big, I think he might be in inland Wano, I'd put money on him bumping on Zoro, that's the most likely to get lost and leave the island completely :dogkek:
[automerge]1588927673[/automerge]
And who is stranded on the ship with 21 flag? Is that germa?
That seemed to be Pound to me lol. The Will of P lives on
[automerge]1588927724[/automerge]
That black shadow spying behind Robin & Jinbe is probably Yamato.
I hope I'm wrong, but judging from that shape alone, there's a good chance he's just another fodder character.
Yeah it's usually fodder that react in shadows like that lol.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Zoro is going to get lost, meet Who's Who, and go at it. First blood.
But fighting X Drake would be an interesting matchup as well.
Calling it now, Zoro will be the one finding Yamato.
Followed by Zoro getting the chance to fight one of the All Stars leading to King vs Zoro!
:sarcasticshottie:
[automerge]1588930287[/automerge]
That seemed to be Pound to me lol. The Will of P lives on
Yeah its definetly Pound fits with the size of his heads.
Will of P -> Pedro and Pekoms survived too :blobaww:

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Calling it now, Zoro will be the one finding Yamato.
Followed by Zoro getting the chance to fight one of the All Stars leading to King vs Zoro!
:sarcasticshottie:
Lmao same call
Onigashima doesn't seem to be that big, I think he might be in inland Wano, I'd put money on him bumping on Zoro, that's the most likely to get lost and leave the island completely :dogkek:
Inb4 he find him outside of Onigashima :dogkek:
Yeah its definetly Pound fits with the size of his heads.
Will of P -> Pedro and Pekoms survived too :blobaww:
Yeah it's an exact fit, ain't nobody looking like that except him. Yep they're probably alive lmao
[automerge]1588930652[/automerge]
And don't forget another "P"
Off Paneled
How do you expect OP to finish in 5 years :dogkek:

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm pretty confused about Yamato right now. Not sure if he's young or he's just like Kaido and gets so drunk that you need to go fetch him and bring him back lmao

If he's young, I'm thinking he might have an extremely powerful Mythical Zoan that make him such a tough task or also being a natural born destroyer like child BM.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
How did Pound survive? It is likely somehow connected to the fact that him and the tarte ship are of a conspicuously smaller size than they normally would. Note that a tonatta ship should be comparable to the size of a normal human, somewhat bigger. Now a tarte ship would completely dwarf the size of the tontatta ship. However, from the way it’s drawn, it’s drawn from a bird’s-eye view from the perspective of the Tontatta ship, meaning that the two ships appearing to be of a similar relative size means that it is so. There is even a tontatta holding a spyglass to get a better look(!) This is quite a no-brained point in fact so I’ll just leave it at that. Whatever saved Pound from Oven’s death stroke may likely be related to him and his ship shrinking on account of something or someone.

Or Oda just sucks at perspective lol, which I don’t think has been the case before
[automerge]1588944131[/automerge]
But besides that, Pound surviving, unless there is something interesting going on with him and his ship shrinking, there has to be something really really interesting as far as that goes to make up for the fact that his returning is just bad bad writing otherwise

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
How did Pound survive?
We don't know how Oven took down Pound. Might just have a bloody scar on his back.
(Oven himself survived getting pierced by a laserbeam).

And in the chaos of Chocolate Island Pound could have used the opportunity to flee. I mean BMP most likely focused hard on Sun Pirates and Germa.

I mean we never saw Pounds corpse :sarcasticshottie:

It is likely somehow connected to the fact that him and the tarte ship are of a conspicuously smaller size than they normally would
I think this is just bad drawn perspective.Oda somehow fucked up the water, but I might be wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
We don't know how Oven took down Pound. Might just have a bloody scar on his back.
(Oven himself survived getting pierced by a laserbeam).

And in the chaos of Chocolate Island Pound could have used the opportunity to flee. I mean BMP most likely focused hard on Sun Pirates and Germa.

I think this is just bad drawn perspective.Oda somehow fucked up the water, but I might be wrong.
nah but there’s the whole theme of decapitation going on, Big Mom sending decapitated heads to the family membersof the deceased, and the whole queen of hearts thing with BM. It’s heavily implied that he got his head chopped off.At any rate, he shouldn’t have survived it,there’s no way unless Oven is complete trash

yeah maybe it’s just poor perspective drawing, but frankly that’s the only hope I’m clinging onto to justify Pound’s reappearance in the story. Unless Oda can make something interesting out of that whole shrinking plot and explain his survival through some plot wise legitimate means, then it‘s really just an added insult to injury if he doesn’t even bother to draw the freaking perspective correctly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom