Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 989
Title: "I Don't Feel Like We Are Losing"

SCANS
SHP Assemble

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989 FULL SUMMARY

Full summary.

Chapter 989: "I don't feel like we are losing".

In the cover, Pound shows a locket that contains a photo with child Lola and Chiffon to prove he's their father. The photo was taken while Pound was kicked out of the room by Big Mom, so half the photo is Big Mom's feet.

Kaidou's subordinates are shocked and start running away since they know Big Mom is about to go crazy and they don't want to stay there.

Luffy starts climbing up to Onigashima's roof to fight Kaidou. Luffy tells Shinobu that Yamato is on their side. Yamato is blushing when she tells Momonosuke "Hi. I'm Oden and I will protect you". Momonosuke and Shinobu are shocked and run away from Yamato.

Big Mom gets up after Franky attack without wounds. The Yakuza bosses discuss that they should go fight Tobiroppo to buy more time instead of wasting time fighting lower-rank subordinates from Kaidou's crew. Franky introduces himself to Big Mom. Nami tells Franky to run, since he's up against one of the Yonkou.

Franky: "Why should we run just because she's a Yonkou? Do you still intend to make our captain Pirate King?"

Franky is about to shoot his beam at Big Mom but 3 Numbers appears. They are all drunk and look like onis (like Nangi in last chapter). Big Mom says they are the failed version of "Ancient Giants" (like Oars) that Kaidou bought from Punk Hazard.

One of the Numbers is holding the Brachio Tank with Usopp and Chopper. Franky shoots a beam in its face. Big Mom is about to attack Franky (she calls him "Iron Man") but Jinbe grabs Big Mom's arm from behind and throws her to the ground.Robin springs tons of hands from the ground and roll Big Mom until she crashes into the other side of the room. Jinbe says Big Mom will soon be back angrier than ever. Franky announces it's time to assemble Franky Shougun.

Luffy climbs up to the stage and meets Zoro, who happens to appear at the door behind the stage. They decide to go up for Kaidou together, ignoring Queen. Zoro grabs Luffy then he uses "Gomu Gomu no Rocket" to fly up.

However Queen transforms into a dinosaur and grabs them with his mouth. Above Queen's head, we can see King and other flying Gifter that are waiting to block anyone that want to go for Kaidou. Sanji gets up from the rubbles, he's fine thanks to the suit that protected him.

Queen throws Luffy and Zoro back down on the floor. Hyogoro smiles and says that, although there are so many obstacles, it doesn't feel like they are losing at all. In the last double page, we can see Straw Hat Pirates standing together at last facing Numbers, Queen and King.

END. No break next week.

thanks to redon

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great spoiler!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Finally! This is like everything I want in a chapter. I'm gonna wait a bit before I get too emotionally invested due to more and more fake spoilers. I think King's bounty is going to be important as it will give context to both Queen's bounty and Katakuri's bounty.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
ONE PIECE CHAPTER 989 QUICK SUMMARY
One Piece chapter 989 title "You are.."

-King bounty and fights Sanji
-PageOne attacks Momo, Zoro defends with Yamato
-Ulti transforms
-last page Strawhats(no Sanji and Zoro) fight Big Mom
-no break next week
LMAO xD

Like Oda read all the comments and going to start trolling hardcore Zorofans.

I mean all over the Internet one can find dozens of comments like
"Zoro vs King must happen, but no way Sanji is going to fight Queen. Sanji is weak as fuck and will only fight Page One."

Now Sanji vs King Happening and Zoro vs Page One.

That can't be coincidence :pepelaugh:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
LMAO xD

"Zoro vs King must happen, but no way Sanji is going to fight Queen. Sanji is weak as fuck and will only fight Page One."

Yep, Oda is a serious troll when it comes to subverting expectations. :weirdpeep:
But that entire straw hat crew vs BM is surely going to be quite a spectacle. Can't wait for the actual chapter to drop!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
LMAO xD

Fucking Oda knows to troll. LOLOLOLOL Love it!

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hmm did we see any failed giant experiments on PH? :pepehmm:
[automerge]1599052244[/automerge]
The Yeti Bros were huge though

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Chapter 989: "I don't feel like Losing" or "I don't wanna Lose"

Three new Numbers appear, Big Mom reveals they are Failed Version of "Ancient Giants' from Punk Hazard
Jinbe & Robin join the Action & fight together
Luffy try to go up to fight Kaido but King & Queen stop him
Chapter ends with all Straw Hats Pirates standing together
No Break next week

Unconfirmed: Jinbe & Robin attack Big Mom
[automerge]1599052409[/automerge]
LMAO xD

It's funny what Fans wish for xD
[automerge]1599052455[/automerge]
Hmm did we see any failed giant experiments on PH? :pepehmm:
Yeah they were Frozen though, apparently Numbers are the ones who Survived

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Strawhat pirates standing together!!
How long has it been? That panel is going to be awesome.
King and Queen are stopping luffy.
Guess that means neither of them are a threat to luffy at this point. At least thats my impression if Oda made King and Queen work together to stop luffy.
No break next week is what everyone expected. We had so many breaks now. Im expecting 3 chaps in a row until we have another break

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If we see Yamato in this, that pretty much settles the discussion about new SH member.
Same for Carrot.
[automerge]1599056713[/automerge]
Three new Numbers appear, Big Mom reveals they are Failed Version of "Ancient Giants' from Punk Hazard
This backs up the idea of WG also making Experiments on Kaidou.

Last edited:

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah they were Frozen though, apparently Numbers are the ones who Survived
Hmmm interesting, so they're pretty recent or could they be part of the old period of experimentation made by Vegapunk?

Caesar made it seem like he completely failed at it, and his only results were the huge kids.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hmmm interesting, so they're pretty recent or could they be part of the old period of experimentation made by Vegapunk?

Caesar made it seem like he completely failed at it, and his only results were the huge kids.
Law said that Punk Hazard experiments started centuries ago i think
It's also interesting how Big Mom called them Failed "Ancient Giants" not just Giants

Those Kids for example they were being turned into Giants, but Numbers they were trying to turn them into Ancient Giants
I wonder how different is the process for making these Two
[automerge]1599065122[/automerge]
This backs up the idea of WG also making Experiments on Kaidou.
Yeah i agree & BM saved him which is the Debt between them
[automerge]1599065192[/automerge]
Btw Anime Opening still spoiling Manga!!
The scene of All SHs standing against BM, King & Queen is shown in the Opening

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Btw Anime Opening still spoiling Manga!!
The scene of All SHs standing against BM, King & Queen is shown in the Opening
ughh, Toei just needs to make their opening's short and keep it like ToG's opening where it doesn't reveal much of the story as it should be left for a quick recap that drags instead of an opening that is 5 or so mins and it's the short version.

Anyways thats a rant for the anime but they need to stop doing this as it will become Anime vs Manga viewers/readers

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

This makes me wonder if they will be on the Strawhat's side if Nami tells them that they saved the children?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So... I finally figured out the #onepiecespoilers search on Twitter and there appears to be new information. Some of which seems suspicious while others are definitely confirmed.

Suspicious spoiler: King's bounty is 1,990,000,000
Source: Twitter profile FredDieTaro

Confirmed spoiler: Strawhat's stand together per actual manga page scan.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Suspicious spoiler: King's bounty is 1,990,000,000
Source: Twitter profile FredDieTaro
That bounty part was in the fake spoilers earlier (fake spoilers mentioned King's Bounty was revealed) :thonkcool:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I updated the OP with scan.
Actually the entire raw scans are out now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom