Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 999: The Sake I Brew While Waiting For You

Rate The Chapter

• Blew my mind!

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Great

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Average

• Meh

• Poor

• Awful

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 999
Title: The Sake I Brew While Waiting For You

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 999 QUICK SUMMARY
Ace and Yamato clashed in the past, before they ended up drinking together. Ace couldn't stop talking about Luffy.
Back to the present, Marco told Robin and Brook to go upstairs, and then he grabbed Zoro to fly to the rooftop. King and Queen transformed to stop him.
Marco reminisced about Ace, who asked WB to take down Kaido before WB smacked some sense into Ace.
Tama and Momo found out about the brotherhood between Ace and Luffy.
BM and Kaido are chilling. They are waiting for SHs to arrive, while talking about Kaido's plan to drop Onigashima at the Flower Capital.
BM also mentioned the nature of Kaido's DF, which is a mythical type fish-fish fruit.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am afraid we are going to get another EL arc soon
Because winning here is a dream

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Best comment in the scan "i'm yamato and I am bored out of my mind " xD

@Gambit your question as been answered about WB not going after Kaido.

And King's Devil fruit is more of a dragon than Kaidos :pepelaugh:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Best comment in the scan "i'm yamato and I am bored out of my mind " xD

@Gambit your question as been answered about WB not going after Kaido.

And King's Devil fruit is more of a dragon than Kaidos :pepelaugh:
such a cliche but ok. lol.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
your question as been answered about WB not going after Kaido
It just raised me another question. Why WB declared war against marines but not with beast pirates? He knew that as well going against Marines and shichibukai will have plenty of casualties

Edit: oh yeah I forgot Ace was alive but Oden was dead so war against marines has more point there

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It just raised me another question. Why WB declared war against marines but not with beast pirates? He knew that as well going against Marines and shichibukai will have plenty of casualties

Edit: oh yeah I forgot Ace was alive but Oden was dead so war against marines has more point there
Maybe the casualties they were referring are the civilians. Marines were enemies

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So Kaido walks the path of the Gyarados. I knew he was weak. 4x weak to electric type. Nami has this in the bag.
I have a different Interpretation
Humanform -> Kaidokarp
Dragonform -> Kaidorados

Leftarm scale-tatoo same color as Magikarp!
From now on I look at Kaido with different eyes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
At this point I'm numb to Oda's fuck ups, so don't remind me about Whitbeard, I'll explode.

At first I didn't think that Luffy would awaken his DF in this arc but after this chapter I'm all in. Kaido said that he's going to drop the island on the castle, and a lot of people will die, in that case I can see Luffy awakening his DF and turning the ground into rubber in order to protect the Wano people. He can wrap them up into rubber to create some type of shield.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am satisfied that I'm not the only one to make the magikarp/gyarados connection lol
Come on it is not only based on the same myth also the colors fits perfectly.
Redscale tattoo -> Magikarp
Blue Dragon -> Gyarados

My problem with this is actually... whenever Kaido uses his Dive Thunder I will see a Magikarp using Splash :weirdpeep:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece logic: Marco munched pineapple just like that :pepelaugh:

and nice easter egg joke, pineapple head (refer to the nickname Luffy gave) eating pineapple 🤣

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 999 Review:
-The last possible triple number chapter
-Ace and Yamato flashback, as was teased at the end of 998
-Ace reached Wano and Kaido wasn't there :dogkek:
-Ace mentions Cavendish, Kid, Law, and Bege as upcoming names at the time
-Also talks up his little brother, who has yet to set sail
-Overall a good flashback, Yamato was interesting in this instance
-Momonosuke learns that Yamato is Kaido's daughter, freaks out again
-A transition to Tama and Nami, Tama admonishes Luffy for telling her the bad news, and Nami begins to explain
-Queen wants Marco stopped after he helped keep the virus dormant
-Robin and Brook head into the castle
-Marco and Zoro head for the roof
-Marco thinks back to when Whitebeard stopped them from raiding Onigashima because Oden lost to Kaido
-A hint of Blackbeard's skewed values and priorities
-Reintroduction of King and Queen's fruits
-Tama just learns that Ace is Luffy's brother
-Momo learns this as well, but also Ace was Roger's son
-"After all, Luffy's name has the letter D in the middle" TELL ME MORE ODA!!!
-Zeus and Prometheus getting their proper meals
-Big Mom wants to leave Nico Robin alive, no surprise given her ability makes her one of the most crucial people in the New World.
-Big Mom and Kaido having a talk :blobcorn:
-Legendary Fish Fish Fruit? It was right in front of us the whole time! "Kaido" is an anagram for "Koi da"!
-But in all seriousness, I think Oda did a great job of hiding his cards... giving us an expectation of a dragon fruit by having all of these other dragon fruits in the crew, but saving the true fruit reveal for later so that it seems crazier than it actually is
-Big Mom and Kaido yell about going after the One Piece lol

Overall a great lead up chapter to 1000. Act 3 is still going, and given a bunch of characters are heading to the roof, but yet to reach it, I think chapter 1000 will involve that happening. Also given that 998 had the tobi roppo devil fruits, 999 had King and Queen's fruits, it's quite possible that Kaido's fruit will be fully revealed in Chapter 1000. Anyway, enough speculating on Chapter 1000 (because that could go on forever), this chapter. Highlight is the tease that Yamato knows something about the Will of D. Also, Kaido's devil fruit reveal is interesting, I guess.

This was more or less my review of One Piece Chapter 999, thank you for reading if you chose to do so.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Look like King and Queen are unable to stop Marco. Maybe Zoro reach the top. Also I noticed that he kinda act like a logia but I guess he's just healing himself.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My apologies to the admins. I meant to post this here.

I would love to know if Kaido's red poneglyph is associated with his "expedition" 5 years prior. Either in locating it or finding a good place to hide it. That's the only theory I've got which explains why Kaido, all the Calamities, and all the Tobiroppo left Wano together.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My apologies to the admins. I meant to post this here.

I would love to know if Kaido's red poneglyph is associated with his "expedition" 5 years prior. Either in locating it or finding a good place to hide it. That's the only theory I've got which explains why Kaido, all the Calamities, and all the Tobiroppo left Wano together.
It's a good theory but I believe he was going for another one besides the one that he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom