General One Piece Live Action Discussion

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
finished ep 1. it was a great one. they got good actors. i am just not convinced of Garp's and Shank's accent that's all. and Zoro's voice could have been more modulated.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Watched up to episode 4. I love it overall, even though there's a few minor things that makes me go "huh". My wife who's never watched one piece loves it.

Zoro and Usopp flashbacks were so much better done than originally. Cried during usopp's it was really good.

Nami stealing from anyone feels a little bit weird, but w/e. The build up for arlong is pretty good. Buggy actor is great. Although there's a lot of changes, I really like it overall

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Watched up to episode 5. I love it overall, even though there's a few minor things that makes me go "huh". My dad who's never watched one piece loves it.

Ye watching it with my dad and we have a great time. Overall a successful adaptation so far imho. Pacing is a bit too intense and overloaded, but on the other hand it helps to cover most manga stories.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Watched episode 5:
I saw some people complaining about the garp chase in the beginning begore i warched it, but ai think it was handled pretty well.

Nothing to pick at in the episode really. Overall pretty good.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This live action is a pleasant surprise!

This show actually makes me care more about Coby, Helmeppo, Garp--characters I never really care much about in the manga.
The portrayal of Coby's internal conflict about how the marines aren't all good and the pirates aren't all bad was done well.
Helmeppo actually got some character development! From a spoiled nepotism brat to someone who genuinely wants to be a good marine!
It's nice to see how Garp slowly becomes a father figure and a mentor for Coby too.

All of the "important scenes" for each of the original Straw Hats were done well.
The child actors' performance could've been better though, especially Usopp.

But my favorite part about this version must be the villains' performance. The actors absolutely nailed it.
Alvida: didn't have much screen time, but she did well.
Morgan: he feels more powerful in this, but I'm not complaining. He was good.
Buggy: intimidating, annoying, unintentionally funny, just like in the manga.
Kuro: a menace. He gave me the creeps.
Mihawk: BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARE YOU KIDDING ME HE WAS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT
Arlong: at first I was disappointed by his appearance, but his great performance made me forget about it. He IS Arlong.

I saw some people complaining about some tweaks on the story, but I have no issue with any of the changes.
The changes still followed the heart of the story and that's all that matters to me.

Overall, I'm a happy fan. I'm definitely looking forward to season 2 and more.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
People want ignore how many screen time the great Bo D Gart received in the whole season.

I thought Buggy was a little Dark in this series but looking back, I think he was supposed to be like in East Blue.

I rewatched ep 1 btw and appreciated it more.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
People want ignore how many screen time the great Bo D Gart received in the whole season.

I thought Buggy was a little Dark in this series but looking back, I think he was supposed to be like in East Blue.

I rewatched ep 1 btw and appreciated it more.
Buggy killed a crewmember when introduced lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So far enjoying the live action, I only got to Episode 3
I am surprised at the changes they've added from Garp's inclusion amongst others, but i do like the changes

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Watched up to episode 4. I love it overall, even though there's a few minor things that makes me go "huh". My wife who's never watched one piece loves it.
Watched up to episode 5. I love it overall, even though there's a few minor things that makes me go "huh". My dad who's never watched one piece loves it.

Either Rej trolled Larsi or both used the same AI for spell correction :pepethinking:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I just went full lazy and copied Larsi's draft lmao
and midway I was like "okay, you have to write one own line of thought too" xd

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Coby was fine for me lol. Garp was a little all over the place though
well I skipped all there scenes after episode three so I wasnt annoyed by garp. I hast hate coby with passion and Oda made terrible writting desicion making him have acoc in manga too. coby needs to be smoked by smoker soon

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
well I skipped all there scenes after episode three so I wasnt annoyed by garp. I hast hate coby with passion and Oda made terrible writting desicion making him have acoc in manga too. coby needs to be smoked by smoker soon
So your view on him has nothing to do with the live action i guess

Top Bottom