- Reaction score
- Salty Doubloons
A) GAME TYPES, HOSTING & COACHES
- There are three different types of Mafia games hosted on Thriller Bark, they are; Regular, Traditional and Town of Salem. Each game type is unique and has it's own set of guidelines, please refer to these guidelines within each section carefully before participating in games to ensure you follow all guidelines.
- You are allowed to host games depending on requirements by Coaches of each game type, Coaches oversee all games and hosts, and new hosts will be monitored by a Coach until approved of hosting their rounds on their own.
- Coaches will be responsible for ensuring that games in their section proceed smoothly, any violation or failure in complying of any Mafia guidelines would be reported to Team Members and they will deal with the situation taking into consideration the Coaches input.
- Coaches will have to abide by all set guidelines and lead by example. Coaches do not have any special powers or abilities, and would require the assistance of Team Members to perform any moderation duty.
- In a situation where applicable guidelines are ambiguous or incomplete, the host of a game has authority over their own game and the host will in their own sense of understanding deal with matters. In case a host needs advice, they are always free to contact their section Coaches.
- All Community Guidelines apply.
- Consecutive, quick posting must be avoided. Posting just for the sake of posting will lead to posts being deleted and repeated offenses will lead to suspension from Mafia games.
- Hosts put efforts into their games and do their best to make it enjoyable for everyone who participates, kindly co-operate with your game host. In case of a host making a mistake or doing something wrong, approach one of the Coaches with your complain (when addressing a complaint to someone other than the host, the complaint should be addressed after a game is complete unless it required immediate intervention.
- Deliberate attempts to ruin the experience of players in a game, or disturb the set-up by a host will be viewed seriously, this includes but is not limited to; copy-pasting your role which is given to you via private conversation, copy-pasting details shared by the host in confidentiality via personal conversation, etc. There may be exceptions and it depends on the set-up by a host, kindly review the notes a host has for his or her game to ensure you do not ruin their effort.
- Most games forbid you to discuss the game outside of the game thread, unless an exception is made by the host you are not allowed to discuss a game outside of the game thread - if you find anyone else discussing the game outside the thread, inform your host immediately.
- Questions regarding the game, mechanics, doubts and queries should be directed towards the host via personal conversation in most instances.
- Using the likes feature to your advantage is forbidden when dead or unable to talk in games. Using it to show agreeance or guide your faction in the right direction when you're supposed to be out of the game or rendered useless, will result in you receiving a strike immediately.
- Hosts already manage multiple conversations when hosting a game, kindly do follow their instructions and keep all communications related to a game in a single conversation, this includes sending in your actions, asking doubts and queries, etc.
- Hosts may set up third-party sites and make use of other methods of communication, if you have doubts with any third party sites that are being used in a game contact the host.
- Inactivity disturbs the set up and hampers the experience of other players in the game, inactivity refers to failure to keep up with a game you signed up for, failure to send in actions in timely manner, failure to respond to your host, etc. Repeating such behavior in multiple games may lead to you being rejected during sign up phase by hosts, be a good sport and show up for a game you signed up for.
- Unexpected circumstances come up from time to time, if you wish to stop participating in a game you signed up for or you are aware that you won't be able to participate in a certain phase inform the host as soon as you can, this will let the host make alternative arrangements as they would most likely have reserve players ready to be substituted in.