My Hero Academia Shigaraki's Thanos Finger Snap

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Welcome to my theory on how Shigaraki will Snap heroes to their death!
I will compare Shigaraki's and Thano's situation back to back to showcase how Horikoshi will indeed make Shigaraki snap heroes away!
1. Horikoshi and Comics
It aint no secret Horikoshi is a massive fan of comics. Most of heroes and villains he created draw heavy influence from American comics.
But Horikoshi is mostly a fanboy of Marvel. Deku himself is based on Spiderman.
Likewise Horikoshi said on multiple occasions that he loved both Infinity War and Endgame and on top of that his first movie had ad campaign with infinity war!
All in all it is safe to say Hori will draw more inspiration from Marvel.

2. Shigaraki's Snap
Everyone and their mother knows about famous Thanos Snap. In case someone doesn't know i will leave a clip

Thanos after fighting heroes using Infinity Stones snaps his fingers and deletes heroes from existence.
If you notice the style of how everyone dies it is like they are decaying which is very reminiscent of Shigaraki's own power.
Shigaraki himself undertook massive power up surgery and he is currently at 75%
I wouldn't be surprised if this much power enables him to snap his fingers and do the same to heroes around him.

Now , considering he is at 75% power and not 100% i bet his power of the snap won't be as strong so i suspect not all heroes will die but just like in movie - 50% will die
Also worth saying is that this should be a one time thing. He can snap only once not more.

I suspect Shigaraki will fight heroes at the hospital and once pushed enough he will snap his fingers and delete heroes

3. Aftermath
After the snap the number of heroes will drop drastically which will in turn turn the tides of the war.
So far heroes have been shown to have a clear upper hand. So because of it there has to be an even where the tables will turn.
Sight of heroes decaying away will cause immense psychological damage to heroes as well. I wouldn't be surprised if some heroes start suffering from PTSD

Heroes that do survive will run away.
I suspect they will run abroad where they will train until they can take the fight back to Japan.

4. Eri undoing the snap
Currently only one person in the series should have enough potential to undo the snap and that's Eri.
Eri's power is basically restoring things to their previous state so because of that i believe Eri will be instrumental in returning dead heroes back to life.
Tho it needs to be said it will take Eri years until she can amass that much power to perform such a feat

5. Conclusion
Shigaraki using power will perform famous Thanos snap and delete heroes from existence. That event will cause major panic among heroes which will results in crumbling of hero society. Survivors will need to run and seek allies for the eventual fight for Japan

Top Bottom