One Piece The Remnants, the Scholar and the the Son

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Introduction
We are heading to the end of the Wano Arc and with this to the end of the "4 emperor"-saga! Alongside Wano Arc also the Reverie Arc started! And through this Reverie Arc a new charcter of the past was introduced, Rocks D. Xebec, Captain of the great Rocks Pirates! In this theory I want to eyplain why this Rocks-plot hints that the whole Yonkou-story will be resolved in the Wano Arc! Therefore I am going to start with the Remnants of the Rocks Pirates, the 2 Yonkou who are already present in Wano!

The Remnants
The Rocks crew was a fearsome crew with many notable members like Whitebeard, Kaidou, Big Mom, Shiki, Captain John, Silver Axe and Ochoku. The members alone hints what a powerful man Xebec must have been, but also the fact that it took Roger and Garp to take him down. After Xebec was defeated his crew disbanded and the former members became powerful captains on their own, 3 of them became very powerful captains with very powerful crews together with the "newcomer" Shanks the became the 4 emperor of the sea. With the death of Whitebeard and Captain John and the unknown whereabouts of Shiki, Silver Axe and Ochoku only 2 of the great names are left, Big Mom and Kaidou! These 2 now formed an alliance to conquer the world and rule it with terror! And I bet with they basically try to fulfill the original goal of the Rox Pirates! And thats for me one of the great reason to believe that the story of the Rox Pirates will play a huge role in this Arc once we get closer to the end!

Another Remnant
Alongside Big Mom and Kaidou there is another Remnant who just made his comeback. This Remnant didn't seem to be as famous as the 7 mentioned, but she has a son who became famous for killing the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates! The one I am talking about is Miss Bakkins!
(Short remimnder: From Marco we learned she once was in a crew together with Whitebeard and that have to be Rocks Pirates)
And actually she has a reason to go to Wano too! Her goal is to find Marco, because she wants the treasure of Whitebeard, claiming her son is the son of Whitebeard so the treasure of Whitebeard is hers! Not only that Marco is Wano right now, she also planned to follow Luffy to get Wano and of course Luffy is in Wano too! So I have no doubts that Miss Backins and Weevil will appear soon at Onigashima.
How this might played out? One thing I could imagine is that the Queen Mama Chanter finally arrives on Onigashima, but to the horror of Big Mom she have to find out her crew is defeated by the son of her former crewmember Miss Bakkin! So the new formed duo Marco and Perosperos might start fighting Weevil together!
But this shouldn't be the last plot twist!

The Scholar
The next to appear have to be Teach. One might ask why should Teach go Wano? Well if great powers crumble through a war, a great power can come and take out the weakened foes. It wouldn't be the first time for Teach doing this. This way he could have also convinced Moriah to join his crew to take revenge on Kaidou.
But more importantly is for me the hinted connection between Teach and Xebec. Their Crews consiste of well known and powerful individuals, Teach residence is the Island were Xebec formed his Crew and Teach flagship is called "Saber of Xebec". So I habe no doubt that Teach is imitating Xebec.
What might happen? Shortly after the Queen Mama Chanter arrived the Saber of Xebec arrives too. With Kaidou, Big Mom and Miss Bakkin remembering the Saber of Xebec as the flagship of the Rocks Pirates. This might also lead to the start of a flashback about Xebec.
This might also lead to another twist. Instead of fighting each other Weevil and Marco might team up to fight the Blackbeard. Weevil has already shown that he is more interisted in fighting Blackbeard then fighting Marco.
Btw if chapter 1000 have to become sth big, Teach appearence could be the plottwist happened at chapter 1000.

The Son
The last to appear have to be Shanks. For me one of the greatest hints that all yonkou will be dealt with in the 4 emperor saga was the moment we See the reaction of all 4 of the emperors to Luffys new Bounty and title!
Shanks appearence would solve 2 questions. About whom did Shanks talk with the Gorosei?
And how did Shanks manage to stop Kaidou from taking part in the Marineford War.
Shanks might be on the way to stop another war! But I am sure this time Teach is ready to fight!
The big question is now is Shanks also connected to Xebec? Well Shanks is suprisingly the only Yonkou not connected to Xebec in any way and suprisingly born at the time Xebec was defeated. Thats why I would guess Shanks is actually the son of Xebec! This would give also give the "rivalry" between Shanks and Teach a deeper meaning. So another shocking reveal for Kaidou, Big Mom and Miss Backin will be that Shanks is the son of their Former Captain!
I know there are also many theories about Teach being the son of Xebec, but Teach was already Born before Xebec was defeated. And based on portrayel I doubt Xebec is a man that would his son.

Conclusion
In this theory I showed why I believe many plottwist will happen at the end of the Wano Arc. These plottwists could lead to let also remaining Yonkou appear in Wano and solve the whole Yonkou and Rocks Plot.
With stuff happening in following order
  • Miss Backin and Weevil appear (the last missing Rocks remnant and her son)
  • Teach appear -> Rocks flashback -> Weevil turns into an ally
  • Shanks appear -> reveal of Shanks being Xebecx son -> Shanks vs Teach

Little note:
Didn't have time to look for panels yet, will add a few as soon as I find time for it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Right made some time to go over it all, following the latest chapter ;)

The Rocks crew was a fearsome crew with many notable members like Whitebeard, Kaidou, Big Mom, Shiki, Captain John, Silver Axe and Ochoku.
I knew about WB/Kaido/BM/Shiki, and silver axe/ochoku I have no idea who they are, but are you certain Captain John was a member of the Rocks?

All I remember about him (if i'm not mistaken) is that he was supposed to be the pirate with the greatest treasure (actually money, not counting Roger's One Piece). We know its Buggy's dream to find it and Luffy picked up the glass bracelet leading to it in Thriller Bark, exchanging it to Buggy for his help in Impel Down. We also saw his corpse in Thriller Bark, ressurected by Moria, the zombie that was drinking all the time.

Not saying he couldn't be part of the Rocks, just that I dont remember it being said in the Manga ;)

These 2 now formed an alliance to conquer the world and rule it with terror! And I bet with they basically try to fulfill the original goal of the Rox Pirates! And thats for me one of the great reason to believe that the story of the Rox Pirates will play a huge role in this Arc once we get closer to the end!
Not sure if this is your meaning here, but I have problems with the Rocks being out to rule the world with terror. I can see Xebec/Kaido/BM doing this but I have my doubts when it comes to WB. WB didn't seem like that kind of guy, or the kind of guy that would willingly join a crew that had that purpose. If anything I think their purpose might have been similar to the Revs, in being out to take down the Celestial Dragons.

Their Crews consiste of well known and powerful individuals, Teach residence is the Island were Xebec formed his Crew and Teach flagship is called "Saber of Xebec". So I habe no doubt that Teach is imitating Xebec.
I actually didn't know his ship was called that :oops: Makes sense that it is Oda forshadowing Blackbeard to be the new Xebec, with Luffy being the new Roger.

This might also lead to another twist. Instead of fighting each other Weevil and Marco might team up to fight the Blackbeard. Weevil has already shown that he is more interisted in fighting Blackbeard then fighting Marco.
I like this. I'm one of those doubting Weevil is actually WB's son, but Weevil himself believes it and it would be good character development if he decided to act on it instead of listening to Bakkin all the time. (y)

The last to appear have to be Shanks. For me one of the greatest hints that all yonkou will be dealt with in the 4 emperor saga was the moment we See the reaction of all 4 of the emperors to Luffys new Bounty and title!
Was Shanks also shown in the Manga to react? Have to reread but not sure that he was. I don't take the anime as cannon as they need to reach a certain amount of time for each episode and could have just added Shanks to reach that time.

Shanks appearence would solve 2 questions. About whom did Shanks talk with the Gorosei?
And how did Shanks manage to stop Kaidou from taking part in the Marineford War.
Shanks might be on the way to stop another war! But I am sure this time Teach is ready to fight!
I personally think the Shanks/Blackbeard fight will happen later but it seems they are destined to fight (to avoid the Luffy vs Shanks) so might as well happen on Wano if Oda wants to wrap things up quickly.

As for the questions I think it's a good shot that he talked to the Gorosei about Blackbeard (coul be xebec involving blackbeard etc). Shanks stopping Kaido seems a bigger mystery then ever before with what we know currently about Kaido's DF, and Shanks showing up without wounds or signs of exhaustion at Marine Ford.

The big question is now is Shanks also connected to Xebec? Well Shanks is suprisingly the only Yonkou not connected to Xebec in any way and suprisingly born at the time Xebec was defeated. Thats why I would guess Shanks is actually the son of Xebec! This would give also give the "rivalry" between Shanks and Teach a deeper meaning. So another shocking reveal for Kaidou, Big Mom and Miss Backin will be that Shanks is the son of their Former Captain!
As I mentioned to you earlier in a different post, I like the idea about Shanks being the son of Xebec. Not totally convinced yet but it would relate to Garp taking care of Ace / Roger taking care of Shanks :D

Conclusion
In this theory I showed why I believe many plottwist will happen at the end of the Wano Arc. These plottwists could lead to let also remaining Yonkou appear in Wano and solve the whole Yonkou and Rocks Plot.
With stuff happening in following order
  • Miss Backin and Weevil appear (the last missing Rocks remnant and her son)
  • Teach appear -> Rocks flashback -> Weevil turns into an ally
  • Shanks appear -> reveal of Shanks being Xebecx son -> Shanks vs Teach
I can really see Bakkin/Weevil showing up and that leading to a Rock's Flashback. As for Teach and Shanks showing up I still have some doubts but you got me half convinced :whistle:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I knew about WB/Kaido/BM/Shiki, and silver axe/ochoku I have no idea who they are, but are you certain Captain John was a member of the Rocks
Not that it really matter, but yeah also Captain John was mentioned along the others.

Not sure if this is your meaning here, but I have problems with the Rocks being out to rule the world with terror. I can see Xebec/Kaido/BM doing this but I have my doubts when it comes to WB. WB didn't seem like that kind of guy, or the kind of guy that would willingly join a crew that had that purpose. If anything I think their purpose might have been similar to the Revs, in being out to take down the Celestial Dragons
Maybe I should edit and Change to "Goal of Xebec", but literally it would mean the same cause the will of the Captain used to be the will of the crew even if it is not the deepest desireof anyone part of the crew :pepethinking:

I actually didn't know his ship was called that :oops: Makes sense that it is Oda forshadowing Blackbeard to be the new Xebec, with Luffy being the new Roger.
I think it was only mentioned in Blackbeards Vivre Card. (It could be coincidence since Xebec is also a well known shiptype)

As for the questions I think it's a good shot that he talked to the Gorosei about Blackbeard (coul be xebec involving blackbeard etc).
My guess at this point is still Luffy, because of the timing. He could have warn Gorosei about Teach before Reverie happens. Why taking the risk?
Luffy would makes sense cause of the Moment the news spread. Maybe trying to buy time for Luffy :pepethinking:
(But that would be another theory)

I can really see Bakkin/Weevil showing up and that leading to a Rock's Flashback. As for Teach and Shanks showing up I still have some doubts but you got me half convinced :whistle:
Half convinced is more then enough for me it means my points were solid :pepeking:

And yeah the Bakkin part.just perfectly ties in with also Marco being in Wano just now.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I can see that Shanks being Xebec's son and Teach being the inheritor of Xebec's will can fuel their rivalry quite well.

What I don't understand though is that Shanks offered to defeat Blackbeard on Whitebeard's behalf. And yet despite Shanks vocally identifying Teach as one of the greatest dangers on the sea Shanks himself won't face him on his own. Why? It's not honor keeping him from taking action (recall his words to Rockstar).
Unless Shanks feels that only Luffy can fight Teach for reasons yet unexplained, the only reasons I can think of is either Shanks physically can't fight Teach, or that the Blackbeard Pirates have something too dangerous for Shanks to take any action (might explain his visit to the Elder Stars).

Top Bottom