Island Vinlandia

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinland

"Always blessed with a hero.." Kallavan repeated, wondering something to himself about that line.

The Admiral still kept the blond haired man with contempt their battle was still fresh in his mind and body. No way that feeling of frustration and anger would go away that quickly. But for the sake of the mission and an ally Kallavan was willing to ignore it for now. But words had to be exchanged when all of this was over.

The men would quickly shift into a higher gear. Askeladd especially saw to it that he'd carry himself with a makeshift chariot of some sort. The four horses were only for him and his wagon, the others had to make due with running and their own stamina. Next was an exchange between Estrid and Askeladd to which the former seemingly wanted to stay, it at least looked that way to the marine. But she quickly accepted her father's words. An odd relationship, it seemed more like master and servant than parent and child. She'd face the Admiral and left with him parting words before setting off. The navy man, the block head that he was, was oblivious to the inner thoughts of Estrid. But it seemed Thors had caught on to it. Kallavan himself who walked ahead wasn't aware that her last set of words were directed at him.

Now with everyone up and ready they went full throttle towards what supposedly should be their last fight in this adventure.

"Hold on Thorkell..Kanda. We're on our way." Kallavan said, softly towards himself.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Southeast Vinlandia
A castle mounted at the peak of the Southeastern land. This massive stone structure is built in octagonal form. It is adorned with abbeys that had very large stone dovecotes on their grounds─built directly into the upper walls of the manor-house. Surrounded by a moat – a perimeter ditch with water, the outside is fashioned with curtain walls & towers – serving as its perimeter defensive wall. And above all, a fortified gatehouse – the main castle entrance, housing thousands of soldiers ready to devour any intruder and/or infiltrators! The same could be told about the Northeastern terrain. These are the kingdom of the Saxon Royalties, King Sweyn, and King Harald respectively. Or needless to say, the mighty bloodlines of the Celestial Dragons, descending from King Artoria himself.

Beyond the perimeters of Sweyn's castle lay the battleground. Designed to shelter any forms of bloodshed, war, and desolation. This field called Viking Cemetery is occupied entirely by thousands of Saxon soldiers. Two kings parade in front, carried by their respective chariots. Facing the east is Harald and his army. The other side of his younger brother. Equal in strength. Equal in power. But what's more terrifying of all is their number. 10,000 STRONG!

The chariot kept catapulting towards the heart of the graveyard. Thorkell awaits. Standing tall just like his moniker. Braggart! Arrogant! Blasphemous for the lack of better words to describe his hilarity. He grins in face of two big threats. Two axes in hand, he unleashed an aura terrifying enough to withhold the very air breezing in all directions.

"Nyahahaha!", his very soul filled with evil merriment. Couldn't even contain it no longer. It burst in form of mockery. The kings would only grit their teeth, wearing scowls on their faces. "Forward!", the two kings sang in a chorus. "Surround the fool!", Harald commands. And just like that. Within a single glance, The Tall is surrounded by the combined forces of the enemy.

"You think you scare me?! Harald!? Sweyn!?", he boasted even farther. And further, he would contempt them all. "If you think that you could kill me with thousands of them, you are perhaps within your sanity. But don't think that the two of you would leave this place unscathed. For I am..."

"I am..."

"I am, Thorkell, The TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL!"

The Viking Lord roared with such tenacity, that the very ground shook where he's the epicenter of the micro-vibrations it dealt. His clothing fluttered with the breeze, and his eyes burned with ferocious and malicious intent to prey. Two axes shone in black. They did so with his willpower. And then...

"The man wants to die!", Sweyn regarded.

"Soldieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers!"
"Soldieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers!"

The brother called forth, raising their swords, pointing at the heavens gate.

"ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"
"ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

The uproar! It made the earth tremble. Hordes of horses. Platoons of chariots! Stampede of blade wielders. Shields are all at guard. They advanced! The sounds of their footsteps and roar were loud enough to swamp the trumpets. But... As they all charged Thorkell, something unexpected would happen so suddenly. Harald's army advanced beyond the line, cleaving the front lines of Sweyn's army defense.

"?!"

"What's happening?!"

"You fools! What are you doing?", Harald wondered. Enraged, he lifted his blade and struck whoever was in front and at his sides. "Traitors!"

"It was Askeladd. That son of a─"

Harald couldn't continue his speech for suddenly, Thorkell appeared in front of him. "Looks like the tides have shifted against you, King Harald?"

The armies pushed each other's back. Not minding anyone else but whoever is in front of them. One of the soldiers would even question the other. "Hoy. What are you doing?"

"We stand by Lord Askeladd's side. Don't falter! For years, we longed for this. We are sick and tired of oppression and bloodbath.!"

"Yeah! That's right! We want peace."

"If you stand in the way, then you leave us with no other option but to strike with all our might!"

"For Vinlandia!"
"For Vinlandia!"
"For Vinlandia!"
"For Vinlandia!"
"For Vinlandia!"

Not being able to fathom anything that was happening, Harald's eyes was devoured by despair. Is this what Askeladd really wanted? Killing someone without actually killing them?

"All this time, my hatred didn't vanquish. The most effective way of killing someone is by way of betrayal. He invested too much in me, making me the new Lord of the Vikings. But what he did to my mother remained a fact. And for that reason, hell would be unleashed upon him."
A few days before this battle, Askeladd spoke to a mysterious man. It was Harald, his father.
Northwest Vinlandia, Askelladd's Dwellings
Askelladd approached a dark room where a man dwells for a very long period of time. He did not need to knock, he just entered without any permission. The room is also ornamented with precious stones and metals, including artifacts or preserved bones of oxen and the likes. "My Lord... I came to tell you that it has begun."

Suddenly, a man behind the silhouette emerged. In the shadows, he spoke, "This time. No mistakes. And of Thors."

"Yes, my Lord, I know what to do."

Askelladd turned his back after the brief conversation. He flapped his dashing coat as he did, grinning as he goes.
Harald's wish was actually fulfilled for Askeladd did not make a single mistake. It was a flawless execution of all his plans to bring an end to the Saxons' reign. He swore to kill his father, foul as a hound in hell. But he would never kill him without having him witness the fall of the empire he had fortified all his life. The betrayal, the treason─are all key to the lowest level of punishment. Harald did not treat his son like his own. Much like another piece if not a pawn. For had he loved his mother and not let her die in solitude, it would have not come to this.

As all of this happen, a pirate prince who is currently facing the Lord of Hell uttered his words of wisdom about solitude and solidarity. Two events in sync. But for different purposes. As everything is enacted in Vinlandia, the prince narrates the heart of the scene.

"Solitude taught me evil. In loneliness, our hearts run darker and deeper. As you crawl into the pit of darkness, there's no one there to fetch you up. These sinister thoughts will only morph into vicious acts that would eventually crush your soul even further."
Thorkell stares at Harald's eyes, suffering in pain and agony. The Viking suddenly remembered the bond he has forged with Thors and the reason why he took him in. The bond he shared with Kanda and the blood they both drink in their duel. The words the young marine left him. The bond he shared with Kallavan. The wounds they both inflicted on each other.

The scene shifted to the sprinting three kings of Thors, Askeladd, and the Almighty Kallavan. Thors was smiling and so was Askeladd. "Why fool?"

"Hmm. Nothing."

Suddenly, Askeladd remembered the times he was still fighting Thorkell head to head. Almost kill each other on many occasions only to birth a silent alliance between the two dwellings. An endless rivalry with a single purpose. "Why do we always fight Askeladd?"

"The real question is, why do we not kill each other?"

"I never held back against you."

"So did I."

The two smiled. The Pirate Prince continued to narrate but in Thorkell's voice.

"That's the strength of our bond. I am done with solitude. Solidarity is the path I wish to take. That's the answer to my weakness. Our collective strength is what brought us the empire we stand in today, not the destiny you claim to have forged for me. But if you insist, I will bow just as you wish."
Thorkell answered Harald's faze. The king remained aback. Stunned with the things that fell at once upon him. A tragic failure. Thorkell continued to unleash his aura of demonkind in face of the struck.

Harald just stared at it until his mental state broke. "Brotheeeeeeeeeeeer!", Sweyn shouted.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinland

The trio of mighty warriors approached the battlefield with haste. Unbeknown to them the battle between Thorkell and the two kings was already underway. Betrayal had been revealed. And what should've been an easy massacre turned into chaos and pandemonium. Thorkell had already approached Harald, completely overpowering him through sheer aura and bloodlust alone. How the man would respond to the bloodhound remained unknown for the time being.

During their approach Kallavan pondered on his journey through these lands so far and nothing had gone according to what he expected it to be. He figured it'd have been a quick 'invasion' of his forces to whatever evil plagued these lands. But he could've never predicted that ancient divinities had made this land their home. And yet they had been corrupted wishing for more lands and perhaps even conquest. Word would get out of his actions here and no doubt that he'd get the short stick of things. But that did not matter to the man. He walked according to his code he'll deal with the results of his actions in due time.

Their arrival was imminent and Kallavan shared a grin when he heard the fighting getting more and more pronounced. Seems like Thorkell was definitely not on his own and gave truth to Askeladd's plans.

"So we go in full assault? Or do we have yet another elaborate plan?" The marine inquired, but honestly asking if he could let loose on the oblivious people below.

@Landayan
Sorry for the delay, finally got some time to post. It's a bit on the shorter side but a lot of your post was simple narration so I did what I could

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Southeast Vinlandia
Thorkell faced the entire army of the Saxon Brothers. Unfazed by it all, he stood at the heart of the battlefield. Thousands of them against him. But he was never afraid. Unbeknownst to him, half of the army was already contracted by Askeladd to fight against their King Harald. Even though he was shocked by this turnaround but he needed not to waste the opportunity. He unloosed his mighty aura in front of King Harald and seemingly lost his sanity. However, his brother, King Sweyn to the rescue, shouting at the top of his lungs, prompting Thorkell to look back.

Sweyn arrived at the location of the two and addressed the rebelling Harald's army, "You fools! What do you think you're doing? If you continue this treason, I will kill all your beloveds. It's easier for me to just abandon this field and massacre each of the dwellings Northeast!". The Harald's army stopped for a while, afraid of what was to come. They used this moment to evaluate the situation. Nobody was moving.

"What are you waiting for?! Attack Thorkell!"

"You! Take my brother back to the castle!"

For a brief moment, Harald's army hesitated to move. But after realizing Sweyn's provoking and manipulation, they suddenly face Thorkell, weapons pointed at him. "Charge!", Sweyn yelled, pointing his sword at Thorkell.

"If that's how you want it! Fine with me!", Thorkell responded.

Thorkell spun violently as his axes were held sideways. The speed of his spin created dozens of wind slashes that propagated in all directions, blasting everyone who tried to get him. Clearing the frontal wave of soldiers, Thorkell began to charge forward, mauling each and every Saxon in front of him. Many would rush at his sides and behind him but he would continue to violently swing his axes left and right while continuously spinning to address the others. This would go on and on for about 10 long minutes. Thorkell was still unscathed. But how much longer could he keep on doing this? The thousands of soldiers against one is still too much even with the likes of him. After that, he would begin to use his expertise in Life Return, letting loose his hairs all over his body, fortifying them with his Haki in order to create spikes as hard as steel before using them as hundreds of projectiles to keep on decimating his opponents. It would again continue for another 10 minutes. A variety of moves would be performed by Thorkell only to reduce the volume of these combined armies by a quarter. 30 minutes passed, and the armies stopped their tracks. Thorkell on the other hand was panting heavily. A sign of exhaustion.

"Huff. Huff. Huff."

"He's slowing down!!! Get him!"

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!"

"You can't kill me yet!"

And the Saxons went at it again and again. But this time, Thorkell's movement began to slow down for real. If he was unscathed for the first 30 minutes, this time, he was starting to get hits from all directions. Arrows, swords, spears, and mauling axes pinching his body. His execution of Life Return is no longer as swift and rapid as they were before half an hour ago. But still, the Viking Lord would reduce their number by approximately 1000 more. Seeing the opportunity, Sweyn decided to jump in. Sneaking from behind as hundreds of soldiers attacked from all sides, The King ordered the men behind him to fire their arrows and spears. As they were released, he then ordered them to stop firing projectiles as he charged Thorkell with full force. Sword held across his chest, he kicked the horse he was riding on using his right foot to catapult at Thorkell before swinging his sword from his right, using the momentum of the horse's sprint. Thorkell saw this coming and turned his back on the soldiers to face the king. "You think you can get me with that trick!?"

Thorkell slammed the horse's body using his axes, cutting the body of the mare into two horizontally. However, Sweyn was quick enough to anticipate his fall so he pressed his left palm against the back of the horse and used that to balance himself as he landed safely on the ground. As this happened, Thorkell would be pierced by hundreds of soldiers from his sides and behind. Those soldiers would be killed by him instantly the moment they dug their weapons into him. A small wound in exchange for their lives. 50 minutes have passed. 10 minutes before the arrival of the 3 Kings. Would Thorkell last for 10 minutes more? He would. And he should. "What's wrong Thorkell? Out of juice?", Sweyn provoked. Thorkell would no longer respond. He would just keep on panting, and sweating, while his eyes exhibited exhaustion. "You managed to kill almost half of these men. I shall give it to you. But you alone couldn't last for 10 minutes more. Here we come, Thorkell."

Same tactics as before, all-out attacks from all directions plus Sweyn at the front. This time, Sweyn would use a different method to finally eradicate his foe. Tightening the grip on his sword, Sweyn pushed off of the dirt, blitzing up through the air. His marvellous body and strength, combined with gravity would allow him to land as if a meteor came ramming the earth. And as the soldiers aimed at Thorkell from all sides, Sweyn plummeted, unleashing a powerful slash that would cut through the vanguard of Thorkell. "Gwaah!"

Sweyn's blade dug at the right shoulder of Thorkell but it was stopped by his re-alignment of bones and muscles gathered from the rest of his right arm, keeping the blade from digging down further. "What?!"

Thorkell, unleashed dozens of hair needles in order to clear the soldiers around him and he also used his hair to grab Sweyn before slamming him to the ground. The same technique he used against Kallavan. 3 minutes before the 3 kings arrived. Sweyn rose to his height while Thorkell tried to stitch his wound using his hair. "That all you can do?"

Blood dripped all over Thorkell's body, his right eye already swelling from the shots he received from this war. He could have lasted longer had he not engaged in a duel against Kanda but that's all it was. It was actually the usage of Haki for 1 hour straight on top of Life Return and addressing thousands of enemies. As he stood at the centre of 5000+ Saxons, Sweyn was readying his next shot.

At this point, the three kings finally saw the battlefield but they would need to bypass thousands before reaching Thorkell at the centre. What would Thors do? What would Askeladd do? But more importantly, would there be a hero to do what needs to be done? Would it be Kallavan is still the right question to ask.

"We're here.", Askeladd said as he sped forward using the chariot to advance farther, blasting the Saxons on his way. Thors would swing his fist forward and left and right to clear the path before a massive swing of his sword decimated the ones that remain. They now see Sweyn and Thorkell standing face but it was still about 200 meters away. What to do?

"Thorkell!", Thors exclaimed, worried.

"Too late!". Sweyn already placed his sword back on the sheath and concentrated as he listened to the heavy panting of his opponent. In a rapid sequence, he swiftly unsheathed the blade back-handed while blitzing Thorkell, only to re-emerge behind Thorkell. A speed that even he couldn't read at that time due to exhaustion. As Sweyn sheathed his sword back, blood squirted from the diagonal slash off Thorkell's Haki-enhanced body.

10 SECONDS left. Sweyn walked slowly towards Thorkell before circling around so that he would face him as he finally took a knee. Sweyn grabbed his hair and one of the soldiers handed him over the axe that Thorkell lost his grip on. "Your last words."

"Fuck you."
, Thorkell said, spitting at the face of the King. 5 seconds left. King Sweyn wiped the thick saliva of his foe. Before heading the axe up high. 3 Seconds to go. The axe was swung across the air. Thors kicked the ground with all his might but whether he would arrive in time to save his uncle was anyone's guess. Askeladd was trapped by the others and dealing with them at the moment.

2 seconds left.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinland

Their rush towards the battlefield felt like an eternity. Kallavan transformed but wounded lagged behind. Thors was in front of him and Askeladd leading the pack, courtesy of his chariot of course. Up ahead was a battle that would go into history either as an epic or a tragedy. Which way it'd go was unknown to both the 3 kings and Thorkell. But the latter's fate was in the balance and the scales were quickly tipping into the direction of tragedy. At long last the battlefield came into view and Thors' worried shout faded into darkness as the vast amount of warriors overwhelmed the marine fighter.

Time slowed down, at least the perception of it, to Kallavan. The accumulated stress and extremities his body had been pushed to made him weaker than ever before. But something was off. His legs were still moving on their own accord as was the rest of his body. Bodies would fly upwards through Askeladd's rush to the centre. Meanwhile, Thors would swing his arms to backhand people left and right. Kallavan's eyes darted to the battlefield, there was no way in hell these two would get there in time. And then the man's eyes shifted into pure focus, blood rushed towards his legs and he dashed off. Vanishing from his position and darted through the sky like a human bullet.

"Kamisori!"
10 seconds left

Through the air a massive bullet flew or so it'd look like to those that looked on, perhaps pausing their battle. Kallavan within his rush felt more alive than ever before and even the intense winds that'd buffet his face would not deter him. Thorkell would hit the ground with his knees before Sweyn grabbed his hair and readied his axe. His last words were asked when Kallavan reappeared 3 meters above the duo and pushed himself towards them for his final push off the air.

5 seconds left.

Kallavan rushed towards his comrade through combat and his eyes showed worry, anxiety and fear. Would he make it in time was a big if at this point, but the Admiral went with it regardless. And shifted into a position that was about to launch a kick. His ears would throb as his heartbeat grew louder and louder nearly beating out of his ears and chest. His right leg flexed with all the power that he had, sparking it with an obsidian shine. "ASHIGAN!" A voice shouted from above Thorkell now clearly audible.

3 seconds to go

Time grew to slow motion allowing those fortunate few to observe what came next in great detail. Kallavan's leg flew with incredible speed and piercing power, aiming to clash with the axe at the very last possible moment. But with only 3 seconds to go the chances of him reaching the axe in time were slim at best. Kallavan knew this but he went with it anyway. The throbbing in his ears grew so loud that he couldn't hear anything else and the vision of that axe was burned into his retinas. He could not see nor hear for this sole moment.

All of his senses, submerged into one single goal.

"THOOOOOOOOOOOORKELLL!"

Black lightning roared in the battlefield, overwhelming any who stood on these battlegrounds.

It was up to fate to unravel and how the pendulum would swing.
So, this attack is purely to push back Sweyn/break the axe from dealing the final blow. Normally this version of Kallavan is one level short to use coating of kings haki. However, I'd like this part to be the unconscious awakening of this ability. After this he'll have no recollection of what he just used and won't be able to use it for the remaining of Vinlandia. This is what I envisioned to be my own marine ford awakening, if you catch my drift.
@Landayan

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

@Guren

Thorkell knelt in front of Sweyn as the latter held his hair. Like a prey ripe enough to be devoured by its predator. A blast of cold air hits on his face like the blade of a mauling axe. Silence. The longest 5 seconds of everyone's life.

Sweyn held his enemy's axe. Right hand ramming the very air. Whistling wind as he cut it forward. And downward he pressed even further. Thorkell ─ facing the brink of death. Grinning, he is. And then. A voice from the realm of the living roared just like the hounds of the forest. Ready to unleash hell on the land of the mortals. He howled just like the wolf of the night neath the moon, full and bright. At the edge of the cliff, the beast shone on his own throne.
"THOOOOOOOOOOOORKELLL!"
[SLASH!!!]

The beating resumed. The beating of the instruments. The smell of metal, blood, and flesh connived with the specks of dust and dirt across the battlefield. Trumpets and horns resonated. Wails of the souls lost in time. Melodic hummings of the Valkyries descending right in time. Many are cowering in fear at the sounds of the percussions from the Nether.

And then...

Silence...

Silence...

And from the darkness of the scene and with a lone grate to his neck, ends the legend as blood, like the river of Vimur, rushed down from the mountain, gushing towards the armour of the opposing King. Bodies of fallen enemies lay all around him. Eyes of the remnants stood in fear. All in awe. For the legendary Lord of the Southwest Vinlandia finally would fall. He was, Thorkell The Tall.

But before his eyes lost their brightness, his will would be passed on to the next hero of what's become.

My entire life is shed on the hunt for blood. Thousands of men I fed.

Like a wolf. Like a hound. To praise the gods. To glorify our names. And we made.

And so the curtain shall fall. Asgard opens the gate. The walls of the mightiest. I see them painted in gold. Alas.

Valhall calls. Allfather Odin. For my fighting is done. For my saga and grace.

My thread of life spun of battles won has long been grazed.

"Now is your epoch, my friend Kallavan."

Or Kallavan of the Mighty Foxhound. Just like the legendary Fylgja. I shall accompany you through Life and Return.

Thors and Askeladd as they both tried to reach the scene halted on their trail as they witnessed the befallen. Words couldn't be uttered as they all held in faze. Their faces, albeit wore different fashions could easily be read as mournful. Darkness covered Thors' face. Askeladd's twitching in horror. They both stood yet nobody dared to rush them forth.

But as all of this transpired, King Sweyn, like a bullet fired from distance, cut through the air and blasted anyone in his path as his body flew backwards. His body would keep on ramming his soldiers after soldiers until reaching the gate of his stronghold. For about 300 meters, he ploughed the ground with the sheer velocity of his flight. And the soldiers trailed the track with their very eyes, Kallavan of the Mighty Foxhound stood before Thorkell's body ─ a sleeping giant awakened at long last.

Sweyn would be knocked down for several seconds as he took a head-on kick imbued with anger and willpower ─ all a second after he dealt the final blow at Thorkell.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinland

Tragedy struck. For the heroes were too late to save Thorkell. Kallavan was first to realize this and tears already left his eyes when his kick flew with all of his might and speed. The blade ended his swing and with the force of a freight train his kick would strike Sweyn, sending him reeling back to his castle. The ground literally carved by the speed at which their king flew back. Their eyes would trail back the path he took only to see yet another individual whose face was clad with shadow, hiding his expression. Kallavan would turn, observing the fate of Thorkell the tall. Defeated and killed in combat.

Kallavan took a step and kneeled besides the fallen warrior. He did not speak, but those near the man would feel it in their bones. Something was brewing. Something utterly terrifying. They couldn't logically explain it but a single step further would mean death. Even the headstrong and fearless Askeladd could tell that something within the Admiral had snapped. Something that kept him balanced within himself. A certain piece he kept locked within himself but now anger and grief took control. Unlocking a monster.

Kallavan closed the eyes of his Viking brother, allowing him safe passage to Valhalla. The tears wouldn't stop rolling down from his eyes a peculiar sight from the normally stoic marine. But broken he was not, far from it. Kallavan stood up at long last as one foolish Saxon rushed forward with his sword in hand, trying to strike down a man who had lost a bond that'd have lasted a lifetime.

Blindly this warrior swung down his weapon and effortlessly Kallavan evaded the downwards strike, punching over the blade and straight towards the warrior's face. The force of this punch so strong that it launched that man straight into the castle. Through brick and stone and perhaps into the afterlife as well. Still the marine didn't utter a single word and an eerie silence took the battle field. Until it finally happened.

A storm.

Rage and anger boiled over from within Kallavan as dark lightning and winds ravaged the battlefield. King's haki would sweep the area all around him, buffeting everyone who stood far and near. Those too weak willed would lose their footing and fainted upon the slightest touch of Kallavan's overwhelming soul and will power. Complete domination, safe for Sweyn, Thors and Askeladd, was the Admiral's plan. Through this demonstration his eyes would shift back into focus as his tears dried up.

With a guided and controlled fire Kallavan looked at what would be his final enemy in this land. Sweyn, the man who took Thorkell's life and a Divinity who controlled these lands. At first, it would be his duty to see him cleansed from these lands but now it was personal. Kallavan took his marine cloak and tossed it to the side showing his sleeveless shirt and tattered trousers. He was in a rough shape, but the man didn't care about it, not any longer. His eyes locked onto Sweyn who he hoped was still alive.

"He's mine and mine alone."

Kallavan at long last finally spoke.

@Landayan

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

The fall of the Tall finally befell. A tragic legend for generations to tell. But the tale of legends lives on. The will of the legends is passed on.

Thors and Askeladd finally managed to take down the soldiers blocking their path. But the real reason behind that was the sheer power of Kallavan's attack that sent King Sweyn flying 300 meters back to his castle's gate. A kick so strong that the mere velocity of the flying body of Sweyn drew trails of ploughed soil. The two kings, regardless of their own feat and renowned prowess could not help but widened their eyes. The other soldiers that remained in the battle began to squirm, gradually stepping back, others are frozen in horror. But too late for the admiral to unloose all the devils inside him along with a storm of black lightning erupting from his core, decimating the forces of the Saxons all at once in one single swoop of his might and willpower. Thousands of thuds resonated like a roll of thunder on the ground.

This is what Askeladd had seen before. This is what he meant as to why the Saxons have never been able to surmount the Vikings. For every saga of their cold-blooded war, heroes always rise. This is Admiral Kallavan. This is the rise of the Hero. Remember his name.

Thors and Askeladd were about to say something to him for this is their war to finish but before they could even speak. They would be put to a stop by the admiral. All prior to that thought. As future sight users, the two exchange a glance, nodding with each other. This is no longer their battle. They might have already won but the young admiral has the battle to finish. Vengeance for a lost comrade.
Kallavan said:
"He's mine and mine alone."
"Let me carry the body of my uncle.", Thors said before lodging its corpse in Askeladd's chariot. "We'll leave everything in your hands now, hero Kallavan.", Askeladd followed. "But don't underestimate him."

As this all happened, Sweyn finally manage to recollect his sanity, staggering to get up from his crater. Shaking his head, he held his right temple, still enduring the pain from that devastating kick. When he opened his eyes, they widened like never before, seeing how far his flight was. He tried to recall who sent him there and narrowed his eyes as he stared at the 3 kings. "T- Thors? No, it couldn't be. Askeladd?! Why is he with them? Yeah, I remember, he betrayed us. Then that leaves with just one man, that stranger! You will pay for this.", he said before finally managing to rise to his full length and drawing his sword.

The space between Kallavan and Sweyn was covered with silence. But as the wind from the east blew past Sweyn, bags of dust replaced this silence. The final battle is on. Sweyn kicked the ground and vanished in the wind only to appear in front of Kallavan with his sword held by his right hand already unleashed from the swing coming from his left side going to the right. It cut the air between them, roaring as the blade is clad with his envious willpower. "Hundred Years of Solitude"

Hundred Years of Solitude: Sweyn dashes forth the opponent and lands a deadly slash.
- DPR: A, requires 61 Mastery, 61 Strength, 61 Movement
Total DPR:
  • 10. Large Country Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinland

The final battle was about to start. Sweyn was slowly getting up from his position after being knocked senseless. In this time both Thors and Askeladd would arrive and carry Thorkell's body elsewhere. Kallavan, still with his eyes on his prize, would only give the men a single nod. Acknowledging their arrival, but his focus could not allow him to face them at this point in time. Kallavan would crack his knuckles and his neck once Sweyn pulled himself back to his feet. Battleground turned to arena, the fight for Vinlandia started.

NOW

Sweyn would dash forward with a mighty strength and agility. Which somewhat surprised the marine given the age of his opponent. Kallavan at least figured him to be older than what he appeared to be. In any event, the King of the Saxons appeared in front of Kallavan with his weapon already drawn. A swing from left to right would aim to injure Kallavan at one might assume to be his chest area. The reaction to this swing from the Admiral would be sudden and nearly instantaneous. Like a gunslinger he'd draw both his hands, and hurled them forward to intercept the blade strike in the middle.

"Jusshigan!"
120: 5. Town Level +3(A) +2(Haki) = 10. Large Country Level
Equal DPR: Attacks cancel each other out, though the area around the clash may still take damage.

The two attacks would clash and instantly struggled their respective forces against one another for supremacy. Sadly, however, no party would find victory over one another. With equal strength in both attacks the combined force would die off and left the two warriors in a stand still. Kallavan would quickly push back, using his greater strength to allow him a moment to step back. After an initial single hop backwards, Kallavan would leap back again and launched a horizontal wave of energy through a kicking motion.

"Rankyaku!"

A basic technique but once launched by a master Sweyn would realize that this was a very deadly slash.
120: 5. Town Level +4(S) +2(Haki) = 11. Small Continent Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

The final battle finally materialized. The Admiral against the Celestial bastard. A fight for supremacy. A fight for Vinlandia. Vengeance for Thorkell. Peace and serenity for Thors. Harmony and freedom for Askeladd. All at stake in the hands of our mighty hero Kallavan of the Mighty Foxhound.

King Sweyn vanished in the air like he's one with it. Appearing in front of the marine, the king swung his sword with great might, forming an arc from left to right. As his slash roared, his opponent launched an impeding powershot off his fists. Both attacks were armed with Haki. And the world trembled when the two attacks met. Black lightning crackled from within before erupting so violently.

[*CRACKLES!*]

[*BOOM!*]

The epicentre of the clash brought forward an elliptical disc of a shockwave that quickly ramified across the battlefield, pulverizing the ground as soon as they're plucked from the mantle of the earth. Following through rapidly was a gust of wind coming from all directions, blowing omnidirectional, sending the remains of the fallen Vikings away from the scene, as if they are all mopped by a storm. And after the storm, a crater was formed from that exchange. A size of a ship.

[*SWOOSH*]

A brief struggle for victory. But none of them surrendered. Kallavan, after the obscurity has cleared would push back a little so he could launch a follow-up attack. But Sweyn was no fool. As soon as he saw the admiral kick his feet off the ground, he launched himself forward to deliver a powerful combination of slash, thrust, pound, and spinning strikes, aiming to devour the marine with his expertise in swordsmanship. A mastery level that allows him to infuse fire into his flame, magnifying his prowess of it.

From the momentum the former clash gave him, he would start launching a slash from the right side. And from the velocity of the stroke, his left palm would quickly grip the pommel of the sword, adding support to his right hand's handle before thrusting it against the enemy. Regardless of its success rate, he would pull the blade just an inch to give way to a follow-up upward strike while hopping just enough to disarm or wax whatever attack is being delivered against his combination. Now his blade is over their respective heads, Sweyn, using again the momentum his leap gave him, would pound the blade downward. For a finale, the king would rapidly spin from right to left while also swinging his sword across the chest. All attacks clad with Haki. It should be noted that there is almost no delay in this sequence. It's as if, he performed all those attacks simultaneously. Virtually impossible for a normal eye to even see.

"Impressive.", Thors remarked.

"He's the craftiest in all of Saxons. That man after all is also known as─", Askeladd butted in but before he could even finish his words, Thors would conclude it for him.

"Slayer of the Beast."

"Imperial Death Sentence!"
, Sweyn growled in hatred and excitement.
Imperial Death Sentence
Gives turn-based +20 sub-stat boost in MA
- DPR S+, requires 100 Strength, 100 MA Mastery
  • 12. Large Continent Level
(if they clashed) The attack is 1 DPR higher: Overwhelms the weaker attack but loses 5 DPR

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia

The battle between Sweyn and Kallavan accelerated quickly, turning the battlefield into a clash of titans. Nothing would be spared when these two clashed with all their might. Quakes and gales erupted from the battlefield, annihilating inanimate objects and send flying those that laid on the ground. The first clash found no victor and Kallavan searched for the distance, aiming to send a flying kick to Sweyn. But the man was faster than the marine anticipated. This King was a cunning fighter, perhaps on a level at or beyond Askelladd. And saw through the marine’s plans, making him rush after his opponent.

Fast! Kallavan through to himself as Sweyn arrived, already in the motions of deploying one of his most powerful attacks.

Kallavan pulled back his leg and rushed forward his arms, clad with an obsidian shine, to Sweyn with a flurry of his own. The difference between the two rapid strikes was night and day. But Kallavan, equally a prominent martial artist could spot the miniscule gaps between the interweaving slashes, strikes and thrusts. It didn’t mean that he could negate the attack, however.

“Jugon, Madara!”
120: 5. Town Level +3(A) +3(Haki) = 11. Large Country Level
Leftover Damage:
120: 7. Mountain Level
DPR equal to dura: normal damage
With each punch Kallavan would clash with one of Sweyn’s slashes but ever so slightly since he’d always be a beat off to deflect it completely. Allowing the king to nick him here and there. Cuts would start to appear all over the marine’s body. At the last two sequences Kallavan could do no more than simply defend with his body, blocking with both his arms until eventually the last spin of the king would send Kallavan flying through the dirt. His body still upright, but skidding through the field he’d do regardless. At the end of this high speed exchange Kallavan would lower his arms while his haki fading spot by spot like paper burning away. Cuts on his cheeks, arms and shoulders also appeared while blood seeped through them. The Admiral would eye Sweyn before spitting the blood out of his mouth to the side. The man would take a very sharp inhale and crouched down.

“Rokushiki Ogi.”

Haoshoku no haki would flow from the marine in the form of black lightning. It wasn’t infusion like he unconsciously did before but simply pressure. The earth cracked before his might and then the marine dashed forward with incredible speed in a straight line. Once in position Kallavan would aim a very powerful straight kick at Sweyn’s chest and body. But just as the man would prepare himself for the strike Kallavan would vanish from his position.

“Kamisori!”

He’d shout as he kicked the air between him and Sweyn and propelled himself to another direction. Using three dimensional movement Kallavan would move himself around and behind Sweyn only to reappear at the man’s side that didn’t wield his weapon currently. Here and only here would the Admiral bellow the name of his attack. An attack that could slay an entire army if need be.

“Rokuougan Kyoryu Ha!”

120: 5. Town Level +5(S+) +3(Haki) = 13. Moon Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
King Sweyn harnessed his evil willpower to outpower the admiral. Charging forward as the other dashed backwards a little to give way to his next move, it would be interrupted as the king unloosed five nearly simultaneously strikes using his blade. Each of the slashes would nick Kallavan, cutting his flesh as blood squirted off of them. A fatal attack it was. The last of the combination would then send the marine a few meters backwards, skidding the soil of the battlefield as his willpower seemingly worn out briefly.

Concentrating as he breathed heavily, Kallavan would unleash his King's Haki like a red vapour flowing over his body. As he charged his aura, he tossed himself forward Sweyn and cast what seemed to be a devastating kick that if landed on his target, death is certain, if not nigh death. And he did, like a storm, he propelled himself only for Sweyn to attempt a downward strike as a vertical slash erupted from his blade, dismantling the surface of the earth and beyond Thors and Askeladd's location. In which the two would both evade in time. However, as he did this, Kallavan already vanished from Sweyn's sight as his sword was cast on the ground. "?!!"

Sweyn would feel the presence of the admiral but he couldn't use the same sword to parry the incoming attack for two reasons. His sword is as long as his body to compete against a close-quarter attack with the speed of light. The other is that his sword is in no good position to meet the kick in time. But Sweyn is a genius in battle, let alone a war tactician who ruled his empire for decades. He's no fool. And his genius allowed him to harness and navigate the principle of Viking Martial Arts.

Thus, from that position, awkward might it be, he intentionally lost grip of his blade and he would coat his entire body with his demonic willpower as residues of it spiralled all over him. In rapid succession, he would and in the nick of time do a shoulder rush to the side Kallavan is targeting. Sweyn's shoulder and the entirety of his right arm would feel the burning sensation of Kallavan's roaring attack as it finally connected to it. "You're strong! Soldier!", he remarked despite the pain and a few broken bones in that limb. He roared in pain. "Raaaaaah!"

"But it's far out of my internal organs!"

"Viking Slam!"

Capitalizing on that clash, Sweyn would grab the kicking leg of his opponent which have been planned in the rapid succession of his shoulder rush and during the connection. His two arms, with all his might, would highly hold onto it as if it were the last thing he would grab in his lifetime. And from that grapple, he would then pull the kicking leg just an inch to develop some momentum and space as he forcibly twist his hips to the left side in order for him to muster some force, lifting it outward before swinging forward using the opponent's momentum and slamming them down back-first just beside the sword he let out.

If successful, King Sweyn would let loose of the leg quickly after the throw down before leaping midair. And using gravity to fall down, and the Haki he still activates in his left, he would dive to Kallavan for one massive left submissive downward punch. This punch not only destroys the muscle and bones of the victim but the shockwave it harnesses along the line would continue to progress into the insides of the unlucky target.

"Asgardian Smasher!"
Viking Rush: B rank. Total DPR: Small Country Level
Moon Level vs Small Country Level = Attack is 4 or more DPR higher: Overwhelms the weaker attack and is largely unaffected.

Viking Slam: 11. Small Continent Level
Asgardian Smasher: Large Continent Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia

Red lightning and raw power buffeted the land, levelling the area these two fighters stood and destroying what laid beyond. A shame that the majority of the army couldn't be present under these circumstances. For this was a battle that would be told for eons to come regardless of who would come out as the winner. The marine Vice-Admiral known as Kallavan launched a kick that'd leave most mortal men in a nigh death state and yet King Sweyn followed and guarded against it. The man roared out in pain for such was the devastating degree of power this attack wielded. And through that pain he'd set his jaw and quickly parried, using Kallavan's awkward positioning against him.

The extended leg would be pulled, grabbed and eventually tossed to the side. The marine, victim to his own stance and power, could do naught else but let it play out. For such was the predicament or the weakness one of his most powerful attacks carried. It was an intended one hit kill never had he expected to find someone who could outlive it or tank through it. Such a notion seemed preposterous. Still such a man existed and as Kallavan would learn throughout his journey, many such men existed.

Kallavan was tossed or rather slammed against the earth with his back first. Haki would shield the man upon impact but still he winced upon receiving the damage. He, too, would grit his teeth and followed Sweyn when he at last let go of his enemy. With his body on the ground and Sweyn in the air the Admiral would quickly roll to the side with a certain ungracefulness. Fatigue and damage were starting to reach their limit or perhaps he had already gone beyond it.
120: 7. Mountain Level +2(haki) = 9. Small Country Level
DPR 2 or more higher than dura: super effective
Kallavan would dodge just on time for such was the swiftness at which Sweyn attack or kept up the pressure against his enemies. Still, the marine continued to roll and during it would he attempt a spin. A rotation that'd bring him back to his feet but also attack at the very same time. Through this spin a blue wave of energy would be launched straight at the Saxon King who, hopefully, stood with his fist still in the dirt.
Rankyaku
120: 5. Town Level +4(S) +1(Haki) = 10. Large Country Level
After the attack Kallavan would be back on his feet. Showing the extent to which he had pushed his body at this point. But still the man had a smile on his face. But a face filled with exhaustion and Sweyn would sense it immediately. Even in the marine's haki it started to fade and loose its edge.

The stamina monster was finally reaching his ceiling.

"Don't fail me just yet body...I still got one more thing...If...If that doesn't do the trick...then...then I honestly don't know." Kallavan said or tried to say through panted breath. His hands started to pulsate with an odd yellow energy. Just what was he trying to accomplish?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

King Sweyn managed to pull a trick against Kallavan. A wise warrior indeed. Who would have thought that behind that sacrificial limb, a devastating counterforce would boil down? Kallavan's outstretched leg was grabbed by the king. Lifted, swung, and slammed on the ground along with the momentum that kick had harnessed for. The mantle of the earth shook as the admiral's body rammed against it.

Swiftly, the Saxon dictator would push the ground, timing it perfectly. Mid-air, he plummeted to the earth and clad his left arm with all his might and willpower to deliver another onslaught against his foe. He called it Asgardian Smasher! A rock-solid punch that does not only devastate the prey but the immediate surrounding due to the sheer power it carries outward.

[BOOM!]

The earth once again erupted when his angry knuckles were dropped like a meteor onto it. His punch was strong enough to make massive chunks of soil elevate as he ploughed deeper.

However, Kallavan in the nick of time was able to roll over before getting hit by the catastrophic blow. Capitalizing on the opportunity of Sweyn still in the process of digging the planet, the admiral in the sequence of rolling over and dodging simultaneously used that momentum to muster his counterattack ─ tempest slash. But Sweyn is no fool, for as he stood in the crater he just dug, the fragments of the earth he plucked from it would be tossed by him one after the other in rapid succession in order to block the air slash, cancelling the attack completely.

Sweyn leapt to return to the surface. And from there, he stood face to face against the Marine Admiral. A final showdown grilling under the heat of the Saxon sun. The king's right arm was drooping ─ dislocated and broken ─ but he would still finish his battle.

"It's been a while since I was pushed beyond my limits. To think that an outsider who holds no meaning to this endless war would come here only to test the depths of my strength. The glory behind winning a battle shall always resonate through all eternity. Our names shall be left inscribed on footholds of the battleground. That's an ever-fixed mark. Tell me your name."

"Tell me. Why did you participate in this war? This is a battle of supremacy over this land. But for centuries, a certain hero will always rise on top, stopping the footsteps of us Saxons. But this time, I will ensure that we claim the victor!"

"You are mighty. I give you that. But what good will it give you if your life shall end today while I extend my glory beyond this barren land? Hehehehe. Remember my name young warrior for it shall be the last thing you'd ever recall. And I, King Sweyn shall deliver the final blow. With all my might. And willpower! For glory! Brace yourself. For here. I. Come."

King Sweyn harnessed all his energy and willpower into his two arms. Rolling his fingers into mad cannonballs. Cladding them both jet-black. Shining as the rays of the sun beamed upon it, the king unloosed a demonic aura that fanned out across the land. Even Thors and Askeladd were pushed back, skidding backwards as they crossed their arms forward to block the burst of aura.

"Such power!", both remarked.

After that, Sweyn concentrated all this power on his brave knuckles before kicking the ground and blitzing Kallavan aiming to assail him with a flurry of Asgardian punches. He was hoping the other would do the same to determine who the real king of this land is.

"Raaaaaaaaaaaah! Asgardian Wrath!"

Large Continent Level
"What?! He concentrated all his energy on his fists while infusing his entire body with Thor's Blessing (COA). Don't tell me─"

"You're right."
, Thors concurred with Askeladd's thought. "He's ready to give it all in one final exchange of powers. And he's also..."

Askeladd wouldn't let Thors finish his statement for he knew what he was about to say next. "He's ready to take it all in. What a monster."

After all those barrages of punches, King Sweyn with all his remaining strength and vigour would leave it all up for his final blow. His ultimate. Using his stronger arm, the Saxon legend would push further and beyond one last time. An atomic punch that is described to be the strongest punch in all Vinlandia. A punch that is said to pulverize an entire mountain and shred a forest. If the mighty Kallavan survives this, he's already beyond the Hero of Vinlandia. He could be the next Hero of the Marines.

If Kallavan gave him his name when he was asked, then King Sweyn would call him as he challenge him to survive the test of power.

"Survive this Kallavan!!! And you shall be the strongest. Figure of Nine Realms! God of Destruction! Hela's Revenge!"

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Z-Rank attack. Moon Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinland

The two legends stood eye to eye for perhaps one final time. Kallavan, wounded beyond belief looked at Sweyn. The King, equally damaged and in a rough state asked why the marine had interfered with this fight. The Marine changed his stance to stand more up right trying to stabilize his breathing.

"I am a man who rights wrongs where it is necessary. To uphold the marine name and bring justice to this world. For it does not need a god fallen from grace." Kallavan replied as the pulsating energy in his hands crept up his arms and eventually his entire body. Like a soft flame the energy would pulsate around the marine seemingly invigorating him as he closed his eyes to appreciate the feeling. He continued to listen to Sweyn who equally prepared himself for the final clash of this war. At the same time as Sweyn brought haki throughout his entire body so did Kallavan who flexed everything in his body turning that gentle flame of energy into a storm that broke the brick and stone around him through sheer pressure.

"Death can have me when it earns me."

Sweyn would blitz forward while Kallavan replicated the same movement yet again. Like mirror images the two would clash and with a flash started a high-speed encounter. Punches would be delivered in the hundredfold in the blink of a moment. Their exchange even crossing around the battlefield, only sonic booms leaving their wake and to announce their presence.
120: 5. Town Level +3(A) +3(Haki) = Small Continent Level
The clash of punches would find Sweyn holding yet again an edge over the marine who for each punch he delivered got two returned to him. Blood coughed up left and right as their knuckles would be covered with a faded crimson paint. The clash would come to a sudden stop breaking the two men apart as Sweyn concentrated his entire being into one solid punch.

Time seemingly slowed to a crawl from Kallavan's perspective. Death loomed around the corner, its edge already around the marine's throat. He could feel it. Again the thumping in his ears but this time through the thumping he could hear a voice.
Speak the words child. Thy are ready.
"I swear to seek justice, to let it guide me, until I find a more perfect Ideal."
I accept these terms.
Kallavan would open up his eyes, spirit radiating from them making them feel more alive than ever before. Sweyn's punch would fly and the marine would jerk his body just at the last possible moment. Spirit would overflow his right arm and hand, haki bursting through the seams of his bodily shell. And then it happened, the two attacks crossing one another. No one would find their attacks mitigated as Kallavan went for the sheer risk of a cross counter.

Hakai 覇海!

120: 5. Town Level +Z(+6) +3(Haki)=
14. Planet Level
The two attacks would collide against each of their respective targets causing a massive blinding light that obscured the fate of the two warriors. Only leaving a massive wind gale and an explosion behind them.

Who'd stand up as the hero of Vinlandia?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Two warriors. One sinner. One believer. Together, they stood facing each other, invoking all the heroes in them. Two Herculean bursts of Thor's Blessings spread forth, colliding halfway before they erupted like a compressed emotion, suppressed for a long period of time. Oppression.

Ensuingly, they brought forth their mighty hammers rolled into fists of destruction as they insanely cut through the air and met at the centre. As if virtually hovering over the crater Sweyn created beforehand, the King's Asgardian Wrath would be challenged by the Admiral's Code of Justice. And in a glance, heaven and earth came to blows, rupturing nature itself. Shredding even the skies above as their firepower exploded with every strike they threw at each other. Dozens of them dove into their mortal fleshes. Denting against their faces, contorting their abdomens and chests as each of them dug deeply. Revolution.

"Ma- Marvelous!", Askeladd remarked. His dropping jaws said it all.

"Tch!", Thors interjected, seeming fazed by what's about to befall.

"Kallavan...", Thors uttered under his breath. "He really went this far."

"What do you mean?"
, Askeladd asked.

"He only wanted to stop any destabilization. But down the line, this place and the brotherhood he shared with Thorkell, even with you started growing in him. And he's devoted to putting everything in his hands even though we both know this is our battle to fight."

“A patriot must always be prepared to defend his land against the conquerors and oppressors.”
, Askeladd said but pausing momentarily. After a deep breath, he continued. "Kallavan belongs here. And even if he journeys back to the seas, his name will forever be."

"You did return for the same reason after all."

"I guess you're right."
, Thors agreed at long last.

"Finally, something we can agree on."

Blood squirted off the cuts in and every time. Fists tainted in red. The king even had a few of his teeth plucked off his mouth. And if you zoom out this bloodshed, you would see neon lights beaming across the battlefield, conniving with the elliptical disc of shockwaves fanning out the land. However, the two titans would briefly put a stop to trading punches when the last burning ember finally died. Simultaneously, they both dashed backwards gracefully despite the injuries both of them received. Treaty of Blood.

But it was nothing but brief. As soon as they gained space, momentum quickly followed. They shot the air with their fleshes, conspiring with all the heroes and their fathers before them for one final trial. Kallavan mirrored Sweyn's shredding axe of patriotism as both of them pulled their respective arms for joint combustion of powers! Off the yank, they sped forward like the very black lightning intertwining their bodies and souls. And at last, the two fists crossed over their enemy's own, ramming all to their faces! Resolve.

A deafening whir of the elliptical shockwave ramified across the battle cemetery with their combined attacks as its epicentre. The world trembled. And the sky shuffled being it totally cleared. And as the specks of dusts steamed to both sides, two bodies would be seen. One would be the victor. The Fall.

Alas, and for the first time, King Sweyn's back touched the ground. Down to the grave his own fist created for him. His eyes were still open, looking at the sky as it cleared. He recalled a moment with his brother Harald when they were still young. "Elder Brother, why did our forefathers fight for Vinlandia? Why didn't they just sail back to their place of origin? Huh, Elder Brother?"

"Listen Harald. There's no other place for us but here. But someday, I wish that they'd recognize our fathers' hardship and finally hopefully, they glorify our names. Like it used to be."
, he answered smiling as he touched the head of his younger brother. "Whatever happens, I shall always protect you. Home is not the land you cling to. It's the people that you cherish and the ones who always think of you that make one's home."

"Elder Brother"

Back to the present, a voice suddenly roared from a distance. Shouting the same, "Elder Brother! Elder Brother!", and he kept on running until he reached Sweyn. For some reason, the man suddenly retrieved his sanity back.

As Sweyn laid his back there, he drew a smile on his face, hearing his brother's voice. But it would soon fade. And before it goes, he had one last wish, "S- spa- spare... m- my... bro.. brother..." Thenceforth, the older King's eyes would be covered with darkness as all his might and vigour traversed Valhalla with him. Retribution.

As they all conclude the war, the bodies of the fallen ones would be buried like heroes. A hero's welcome for everyone who endured all the pain. Days later, they would stop at Thorkell's dwellings, deciding who to replace him. Askeladd would suggest Thors lead it but he would decline and endorse Askeladd to govern all of Vinlandia instead since he wanted peace and harmony while honing her daughter's leadership skills. "No. I am going back to Icelandia. That's my home."

"If that's what you wish. It's not like, you're safe here in the first place. I already knew you'd decline the offer but for the sake of diplomacy and facade, I still offered you that."

"Hm. We set sail now."
, he responded before turning to Kallavan.

"Kallavan. Thank you."

"But before we part, let me tell you this. With the way you are now, it's likely that you are amongst the toughest fighter out there. But. You have to polish that power of yours. It's dangerous if you don't. It will drain you to death. I wish I could accompany you to teach you the way to control and infuse your attacks with the Allfather's Will. But I have a family of my own. I am sure you will figure it out soon. You're the Hero, right?"

"And one more thing, I found this thing inside Thorkell's room.", he would hand over a certain scroll to Kallavan. "It's the scroll of Life and Return that he mastered. It would help you a lot, especially with the way you attack. You often use large steps and wide movements when attacking and that's just your major weakness."

"Farewell. My friend.."

Thors Narrates as he sails the sea back to his home:
The discerning tandem of Thorkell and Askeladd brought forth a stronghold defying the conquest of the brutish Harald and Sweyn. Vinlandia, home of the brave. A terrain scrambled over by two regions ─ Saxons and Vikings. And for hundreds of years, an endless loop of scrimmage has been the tradition. In all these years, heroes and villains have continuously risen and fallen. Their names, however, would echo in all eternity.

When I finally meet my end, let them know, I walked the earth with titans. Let them know that I fought with Askeladd, The Orange Fox of the Forest. Let them know that I fought against King Sweyn, Slayer of the Beasts. Let them know that I fought with Thorkell, The Tall.

Let all the people know, that we fought with Admiral Kallavan of the Mighty Foxhound ─ Hero of Men.

@Guren @kakashi19283 @Ichimonji

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinland

Destruction moved rampantly around the battlefield. The raw force of their attacks and haki colliding struggling for supremacy. Eventually the tug of war ended and the powers combusted violently, launching the two warriors to the ground. The legends each launched in different directions like stars falling out of the sky. Sweyn fell into the crater of his own making, recalling a moment that he had with his brother. And Kallavan fell in the opposite direction, crashing against the castle wall with blood covered nearly his entire body. His zoan form long lost for he had not the stamina any longer for the upkeep it required. Clouds took form as a gentle early spring rain started to fall upon the earth. Kallavan, dug deep into the brick and mortar could no longer move a single muscle.

The Admiral unconscious and life fading fell into a deep slumber where dreams took control of his reality.

There the Admiral looked around in the vast sea of white he found himself surrounded by. Spirits and souls all drifting by him with one occasionally bumping into him as if to nudge him further into the great beyond. Kallavan continued to look around, afraid to take even a single step further as if he knew what it'd mean once he did. These wisps grew greater by the number and soon the number that'd nudge him further would be so vast that he could no longer prevent himself from taking that step.

"No...Not...yet..." Was all the Admiral could force out of his lips. He'd leave too much regret behind if he kicked the bucket now.

Eventually what he feared would come to be. A sea of wisps started pushing against his back, trying to push him over the proverbial edge into the next life. He closed his eyes and resisted with all of his being and the next, silently praying that this honestly wasn't the end. Suddenly a hand would grasp Kallavan's shoulder and the man would awake in the real world, pain weighing down his body as if multiple anvils were stacked on top of his body. He was alive but the man could still hardly move.

"Muahahaha! Don't make me laugh soldier. We, Vikings survive all calamities this godforsaken world has thrown upon us."

A voice echoed throughout Kallavan's mind with the flash of Thorkell's face appearing before his eyes like a snap image. The rain finally settled with the sun's gentle rays warming up the wounded marine. A gentle tear would roll down his cheek perhaps the last he'd give to the man that was Thorkell the tall.

"You...fool."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Days had gone by since that legendary day with Kallavan spending most of it in the infirmary. His own medical team and Vinlandia's healers working overtime to make sure this hero would live to tell the tale. Luckily the man would come through and Foxhound was reunited. Ironically Trevor was the only one who wasn't completely covered in bandages. Kallavan almost completely wrapped with bandages and holsters to keep his broken arm in check would observe Kanda standing to the side, giving his final respect to Thorkell in his own way. Trevor with only a set of patches and plasters on his body would place his arms behind his back.

"Perhaps I should take over? Seeing as I'm the only one here who didn't risk his entire being."

Kallavan would close his eyes and gave off a slight chuckle which freaked Trevor out a little bit, forcing him to be silent funnily enough. The Admiral gave attention to Thors and Askellad as this would be the end of their journey. "I wouldn't dare suggest such a thing to Helga. In the state that I'm in she could honestly end me." A joke, yet again this out of character thing would weird Trevor the hell out. But both Askeladd and Thors would note that their fellow countryman inspired more changes into Kallavan than the man himself realized fully.
"The Allfather's will or Haki. It shall be a skill I'll have a lifetime to devote towards. I shall heed your wisdom Thors-san."
Before their departure Thors would hand over Kallavan a scroll, the teachings of the strange martial art Thorkell used in their fight. The thing that gave him that superhuman stamina and durability. He accepted the scroll with a warm smile and shook his friend's hand for a final time.

"Until we meet again, Thors, Askeladd. Do not squander the beauty of this land. For it'd weep my heart."

Final goodbyes were given and everyone boarded the ship back to marine HQ. Foxhound shared a painful farewell with the inhabitants of Vinlandia, tears streaming down their faces. At the top of the crow's nest a white
fox had sneaked aboard. Animals were of limits but the private inside the nest would keep this a secret. Claiming the animal as his pet. Only Kallavan would look back onto the Island with a smile from ear to ear. The camera would shift, taking focus on Kallavan's marine coat and the man would turn around, sweeping it back as he gave an order.

"Helmsman! To Marineford!"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinland Saga - Post 1
@Infinity

Ever since i became a marine there would be a few marines many were very impressed with of their stature, status' of who they were, combat power, and leadership. From the likes of those from the 169th branch that blossomed with the likes of "The Torpedo" Lee, "Mad Red" Jimmy Frayzah, and "The Fallen Sky" Shaarib Hassan. Then also those bore greatness with their names with impeccable service history; Roshi, "Hero of the Marines" Leonard Burns, "Monkey King" Sasaki, and from the batch none were as impressive as one Kallavan Stormblessed.

It had been a few days since i departed from a marine base in the New World, a marine warship was assembled as new recruits were personally recruited for a division that would follow my lead. Today's weather was calming yet boisterous with gusty wind that was high in the area as you'd venture closer to the island. I read that the island was a mix of an autumn / wintery island from the report documented.

I'd be spotted at the front of my ship upon the deck, my arms were crossed as i gazed steering ahead to my motive to choosing this of all places as my next destination.
My hair flickered as my clothes flickered thanks to the gust of wind. Behind me were marine soldiers who'd scurry across the deck manning the ship and performing their ranged duties as those personally recruited were stationed in their chambers. Before me, flickers of water would erupt before me as the closer we got to the island the waves would become more prevalent.

Temperature had now gotten lower, colder feeling the cold against my skin with a sign of shivering.

[Link]: " Somebody get me a jacket, it-t-t's getting ccoollllld "​

The door would creak open as someone looked ahead.

Clive Rosfield, was a new recruit coming from the Lunarian tribe who was a very motivated individual despite being sold in slavery but as a slave in the pirate world. Being
branded as a slave he was presented with a mark on his face which would be visible. He'd be wearing a dark type of armor that coated his entire body with red highlights.

A marine soldier would hurry to retrieve a jacket that I'd swiftly place on then turn to Clive Rosfield, who'd see from his hand a conjuration of flames as he shielded himself from the cold. Noting that the flames coming from Clive were something special, at first i thought it was a Devil Fruit, but something didn't add up as this was the first time i came across a Lunarian.

However aboard my ship there wasn't just one Lunarian but another too as he stayed in his cabin,
he'd be spotted sleeping unaffected by the cold next to a few women.

Level 100, 100 x 5 = 500
Human Race Bonus: +20 in Strength | +20 in Speed | +20 in Vitality | +30 in Martial Arts
Martial Arts Bonus: +5 in Strength | +5 in Speed | +5 in Vitality
Mind Bonus: +5 in Reaction Speed
Strength: 75 + 20 + 5 = 100 [+20 = 120]
Speed: 73 + 20 + 5 = 99 x 2 = 198
>Reaction Speed: 97 + 5 = 102
>Movement Speed: 101
Vitality
: 76 + 20 + 5 = 101
>Durability: 101 (+1 durability rank, see here under Power Armor)
>Stamina: 101
Mind
: 50
>Botany: 100
Haki
: 100 x 2 = 200
>Armament Haki [Offensive Path]: 100 [+20 = 120]
>Observation Haki [Precognition]: 100
>Conqueror's Haki: 100 [Advanced CoC]
Martial Arts: 70 + 30 = 100 x 2 = 200
>Swordsmanship: 100
>Rokushiki: 100
Expertise
: 50 x 2 = 100
>Life Return: 100
*6 spare stat points
Perks:
>Living Return: (requires 100 Life Return) Life Return can affect willing people
>
Level 70, 70 x 5 = 350
Lunarian Race Bonus: +28 in Strength | +14 in Speed | +21 in Vitality
Martial Arts Bonus: +5 in Strength, Speed, and Vitality
Strength: 48 + 28 + 5 = 81
Speed: 62 + 14 + 5 = 81 x 2 = 162
>Movement Speed: 81
>Reaction Speed: 81
Vitality: 55 + 21 + 5 = 81 x 2 = 162
>Stamina: 81
>Durability: 81
Haki: 85 x 2 = 170
>Armament Haki: (Offensive Path) 81
>Observation Haki: (Awareness Path) 89
Martial Arts: 100
>Ignition: 100
>Swordsmanship: 100
Level 70, 70 x 5 = 350
Lunarian Race Bonus: +28 in Strength | +14 in Speed | +21 in Vitality
Martial Arts Bonus: +5 in Strength, Speed, and Vitality
Strength: 48 + 28 + 5 = 81
Speed: 62 + 14 + 5 = 81 x 2 = 162
>Movement Speed: 81
>Reaction Speed: 81
Vitality: 55 + 21 + 5 = 81 x 2 = 162
>Stamina: 81
>Durability: 81
Haki: 85 x 2 = 170
>Armament Haki: (Offensive Path) 81
>Observation Haki: (Awareness Path) 89
Martial Arts: 100
>Ignition: 100
>Rokushiki: 100

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia #1
@Dream

Some time had passed since the departure of Vice Admiral Kallavan. Since then, the world had changed drastically. Through blood, sweat and tears, Kallavan had surpassed his limits and much more, defeating "The World's Strongest Creature" Kaido in combat, to the dismay of the World Government. With only small remnants of the old enemy left, Vinlandia had finally begun to see better days following the deaths of King Sweyn and Thorkell's. Under the control of Askeladd and Thors, a new age of peace had been ushered as close allies of the Navy.

Once again, fate would draw forth another member of the Navy to this nation. His name was Link "The Wanderer". Aboard a warship, he made his way to the country of Vinlandia. What business did the marine have with a country that finally knew peace? Why here? Why now? All the answers would come once he arrived.

The marine vessel approached as temperatures dropped steadily the closer they got to land, Link would begin to feel the effects. The nation was known for its mix autumn/wintery climate, unnaturally eternal and never ending. Soon they would approach land, and the next chapter of his story would begin.​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinland Saga - Post 2
@Infinity

With Clive arriving on the docks who was unaffected by the weather, taking note of such instead I'd walk closer in his direction then wave my hand.

[Link]: "Let's go inside Clive "​

Then turning to the men, giving them another order.

[Link]: " All of you get yourselves warmed up and look out when we venture closer to the docks. Also you "​

Whilst ordering the men of their duties, I'd point at one giving him a special order as the marine saluted.

[Link]: " Go wake up Schneider and ask him to head to the meeting room now "​

Clive was quiet throughout as he followed orders as he turned around and followed me inside as we ventured down where the room was kept more warmer. A knock on the door of Schneider would echo through the room as he heard the knock and simply replied;

[Dark Schneider]: " Give me 2 mins "​

The meeting room would be getting prepared for the meeting would be lit to reveal a wooden table with some chairs around it as myself and Clive took a seat. The marine who'd be told to wake Schneider up and ask him to come to the meeting room arrived to the meeting room saluting revealing he'd be on his way.

[Link]: " Thank you, soldier, you're dismissed now "​

With a somber silence before a break of the ice question would be muttered asking Clive a question

[Link]: " You know who i am right Clive? ... Also a question out of curiosity, how are you able to walk out in this weather without freezing? "​

Clive hearing this stayed mute then responded.

[Clive Rosfield]: " I know who you are and what you were. To answer the latter question, it's something genetic as my body produces and conjures flames as you might've noticed the difference. For that, i can't tell you until i trust you enough "​

Before i could respond the door would creak open as Dark Schneider made his appearance then grabbed the chair as it squealed against the floor.

[Clive Rosfield]: " Do you have to arrive just wearing a robe? "​

Schneider would burst out laughing as he then responded to Clive.

[Dark Schneider]: " Oh your from the same cloth aren't you? "​

Hearing the duo, i'd noticed that both were unaffected but breaking the two from rambling.

[Link]: " Sorry to interrupt the two of you, i called you here for our mission "​

Top Bottom