Island Zou

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
[IMG]

Located atop the massive elephant known as Zunisha lies the country of Zou. An ancient place, it can never be found in the same place twice, as Zunisha was sentenced to wander the sea endlessly, surrounded by the mists. Inhabiting this country is the mink tribe, half animal, half human creatures, fierce fighters of any age.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nekomamushi
[IMG]

Level 70
70 x 5 = 350
Strength: 55+26=81
Speed: 55+26=81
81x2=162
-Reaction: 81
-Movement: 81
Vitality: 81
81x2=162
-Durability: 81
-Stamina: 81
Haki: 78
78x2= 156
-Armament Haki:78
-Observation Haki:78
Martial Arts: 81
81x2=162
-Spearwielding: 81
-Electro: 81

Inuarashi
[IMG]

Level 70
70 x 5 = 350
Strength: 55+26=81
Speed: 55+26=81
81x2=162
-Reaction: 81
Vitality: 81
81x2=162
Haki: 78
78x2= 156
-Armament Haki:78
-Observation Haki:78
Martial Arts: 81
81x2=162
-Swordmanship: 81
-Electro: 81

Sicilian Squad(3)
[IMG]

Level 55
55 x 5 = 275
Strength: 50+15=65
Speed: 61+20=81
81x2=162
-Reaction:81
-Movement:81
Vitality:61
61x2=122
-Durability:61
-Stamina:61
Haki: 42
42x2=84
-Armament Haki:42
-Observation Haki:42
Martial Arts: 61
61x2=122
-Swordmanship: 61
-Electro: 61

Pedro
[IMG]

Level 55
55 x 5 = 275
Strength: 50+15=65
Speed: 61+20=81
81x2=162
-Reaction:81
-Movement:81
61x2=122
42x2=84
Martial Arts: 61
61x2=122
-Swordmanship: 61
-Electro: 61

Wanda
[IMG]

Level 50
50 x 5 = 250
Strength: 46+15=61
Speed: 60+20=80
80x2=160
-Reaction: 80
-Movement: 80
61x2=122
42x2=84
Martial Arts: 41
41x2=82
-Swordmanship: 41
-Electro: 41

Carrot
[IMG]

Level 50
50 x 5 = 250
80x2=160
61x2=122
42x2=84
41x2=82
-Brawling: 41

Monjii
[IMG]

Level 50
50 x 5 = 250
80x2=160
61x2=122
42x2=84
41x2=82
-Brawling: 41

Mink Tribe(100)
Level 25
25 x 5 = 125
Strength: 33+6=39
Speed: 33+6=39
39x2=78
-Reaction:39
-Movement:39
Vitality: 9
29x2=58
-Durability:29
-Stamina:29
Martial Arts: 30
30x2=60
-Brawling: 30
-Electro: 30

Bee(30)
Level 5
5x2=10
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
5x2=10
-Reaction: 4
-Movement: 6
Vitality: 2
2x2=4
-Durability: 4
-Stamina: 4
Can only be fodder

Ant(30)
Level 5
5x2=10
Strength: 6
Speed: 1
1x2=2
-Reaction: 1
-Movement: 1
Vitality: 3
3x2=6
-Durability: 3
-Stamina: 3
Can only be fodder

Beetle(30)
Level 5
5x2=10
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
2x2=4
-Reaction: 2
-Movement: 2
Vitality: 6
6x2=12
-Durability: 8
-Stamina: 4
Can only be fodder

joby

A.C.A.B!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The torrential currents washed away all in their path.
Young trees who's roots had yet to hold firmly, vegitation, property, living things thrown about like pieces of dust; the sky was very blue.

Cerulean clouds gave way to azure skies, coddling the canopy of greenery which covered the island. Impromptu rapids ripped through natural canals, a collaboration with the collosal Annonaceae and Kapoc trees which formed the backbones of the forest.

As the waters roiled about, they brought life along with them. A bounty of sharks and fish and sea creatures of all kinds and hues rush against rough bark and rougher 'earth'. The channels begun in the forests continued in this way for some moments. But water doing what water does: whether measured in drops or in oceans--it seeks the common level in search of the low down places which others distain.

The brackish currents fed into channels and canals articulated in masonry crafted by the hand of a skilled and lush civilization. At the heart of this domain, hidden amongst the trees, and the 'common level' which the flood had violently sought, rested a grand and ancient kingdom carved from stone and sedimented through time. Upon a closer inspection, each structure within the land had been constructed as such to stand tall above the water line, and further served to coax the wildness of its chaos into discreet corridors and drains which acted as the maws to an even more elaborate network of subterranean filtration systems and storage facilities for the farming of a plethora of resources ranging from fruit, to livestock, to the fresh water and salt for the preservation and flavoring of foods.

In the city streets of stone, the ocean water roiled about, rushed against the buildings playfully, and then subsided in peace, leaving in its wake nothing but glimmering light dancing in slow motion against every wet contour of stone and flora in the region.

What wondrous peoples could live in such a seemingly uninhabitable place of beauty?

Somewhere at Sea: the New World

The fog obliterated all that it encompassed and reformed it into a haze full of emptiness. In this distance, the faint image of a dark tower rose many hundreds of meters high into the abyss which had replaced the sky--in such conditions one would be hard pressed to say one way or another exactly how far or near this monolith of babel resided within the mysterious mist....

...and trudged forward slowly toward some unknown destination.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Narration
"Speech"
Thinking
Action

There was a saying that all men are created equal. In what sense we're really equal? This has been a question that has consistently puzzled me. When two things are equal, it is my understanding that either they are the same or that they possess the same quantitative value. All individuals are unique, and their quantifiable characteristics are widely varied. It seems to me that equality was assumed to be proven when inequality was refuted. Inequality was refuted because it is a comparison of quantity, and cannot be applied to human beings because our value cannot be quantified. Since equality is also a comparison of quantity, shouldn't it be refuted by the same argument? In other words, the answer is no. The word equality is full of lies and falsehoods, but inequality is also unacceptable. I was trying to find a new answer to the eternal problem facing mankind.

It's been some time since we entered the New World. I was having such thinking in the early morning as the chill north wind blew by, the sails of the ship would rattle. However, I looked over the sun was rising in the sky.

"Nero you have been spacing out for a while now." That same wind carried a familiar voice when I turned around, I saw Kane at the deck standing there, then he continues while walking towards me. "Did you sleep well?"

"Er, yes. I'm curious about what kind of place will be the next island."

The second I muttered that Kane let out a chuckle and said, "Nero? Thinking about something like that? You haven't been taken over by aliens, right? Or were you possessed by Miyagi?"

"Not funny" I frowned.

He then smiled bitterly and said. "…That was rude of me. I'll take that back."

"Kane, the ancients said some wise words."

"What did they say?"

"'Equality and freedom are not luxuries to lightly cast aside.' Admittedly, both words have nothing to do with each other."

I said seriously, but for some reason, Kane smiled. He turned to me as I felt a little morose.

"It seems Nero occasionally says phrases that are never used."

Really? I hadn't noticed."But that's not the topic" I wanted to reply, but Kane continued with a smile still on his face. "I am not really sure why you would want to use that phrase, but... Ah, I get it. Some things are inherently important, crucial to peace and prosperity in the world. If we cast aside them then we have to live a life full of terror."

I folded my arms and groaned. There was indeed the reason behind his argument. While I wanted to reply Kane kept his smile and continued "...Know this, keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it you'll find a resolution which may even surpass your imagination."

I get it. That is, the chase for your own answer until you're satisfied. While thinking that Kane took a few steps back as the wind teased his hair and his gaze looked into the distance. At the moment Kane widening his eyes, what was he implying? What's the problem? Kane was so surprised he was almost speechless but still managed to squeeze out some words. "Is that an elephant?"

As soon as I gazed at the direction where Kane was looking. "What the hell?!….." An unintentional whisper escaped me. I was probably looking like an idiot right now but what I was looking in front of me was a huge island size elephant.

joby

A.C.A.B!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As the pirates approached their mysterious and ancient destination, the unlikely behemoth which now towered before them dominated all in its wake. Drawing nearer yet, the shear scale of the creature dwarfed every landmark that might be recalled through distant memory.

The Zou Kingdom called the back of this massive god of old its home. What kind of mysterious and unimaginable peoples would live in such an unbelievably isolated place? It was impossible to locate the colossal elephant roaming the seas, unless one were in possession of the beast's vivre card. Once it had been located, any would-be adventurer or pirate would then need to scale the impossibly tall towers which Zunisha called its legs.

The rough hide which covered its entire body, had the appearance of clods of earth and cement. Like the bark of a tree, the weathered and neglected surface was cracked and swollen and overgrown and uneven--but so dense as to be impenetrable, standing guard over the immense vitality laid dormant within.... waiting for the time which it may once again be released.

The calloused leathery hide would prove difficult to climb. The surface was damp and in places a little slimy where the overgrown dermis was prone to slough off under duress. Above the mist, the skin was more dried out, and required regular bathing.... even so, the magnificent beast continued tirelessly forward, heaving one limb forward to the others, and so on, for how long?
Through the mist above, as one ascended, the light raining down from an untouched blue sky, grew stronger, and stronger.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Here I found it. Zou's the name of the place that flourished on the back of an elephant." While saying so Miyagi averted her eyes from the book that she was holding and looked towards her crew. Her blue orbs, bright rough-colored lips as to seem like they had been pressed hard. She was dressed in an o-neck white feminine top, black tight jeans and brown boots with heels. A topaz necklace quietly swayed around her neck and without a doubt she was a beauty.

A gust of wind briefly heard coming from the right side. When Nero looked towards Miyagi and asked, "So that thing is alive?"

Miyagi nodded.

"It's on move at all the time... a mysterious elusive island that never stays in one place." She explained, "And because it's not an actual island you can't track it with log pose."

Reading just as Miyagi was, Nero, tilted his head in wonder. "Really…? Well, what should we do?"

"I don't really feel like we've many choices. I guess we gotta climb on that thing somehow." Said Prompto as he took a bite from his chocolate. He swallowed the chocolate and proceeded to wipe his mouth with his finger. His visage was giving off the impression of a youthful punk. He had light freckles and short unruly blond hair. He black gloves, a black shirt with a white pattern, and a sleeveless black vest with a dark red flannel shirt attached underneath with dark pants. He wore black boots with red soles.

"No point in thinking about it. Nero Miyagi, just pack whatever you think we'll need for the adventure." Said Kane as he raised his head and looked at the giant elephant with his curious gray eyes, and his black suit and tie swayed by the wind. It was true. It was pointless to be dismayed by their imagination when all the information they had was uncertain.

Nero and Miyagi went inside the room to pack for a few minutes without exchanging a word, the rustle, and the thud of sundry objects serving to fill the silence. After a while, Nero pauses to take in the scene around him.

"I think I spent more time sneaking out of this ship than I actually spent in it." Miyagi looks up from the backpack he is packing.

"Indeed. And it wasn’t uncommon for me to go with you. Every excursion was more nerve-wracking than the last." Looking her way, Nero saw Miyagi laughing heartily as she buried essential in her backpack.

"Y’know, I remember when we first found the Devil Pirates, Kane was always in a bad mood, trying to get me to read about various stuff."

"His efforts went to vain. And despite the different types of reading he brought, the most you ever showed interest in were...storybooks, I believe."

"Oh, yeah..." He speaks quietly, half to himself.

A little smile crept over her face and with her voice no more chilly than the usual, she said, "Y'know, you're basically a celebrity among pirates now."

"Looks like I won't be able to get a peaceful life now, huh."

"Stuuuupid." As she said that a string of words that had suddenly come to her mind."Hey, what do you think about that new crew member."

"Link... well he seems to be interested in his own adventure," Nero said, closing the zipper of his bag. Miyagi chuckled. "Y'know Kyouko being pirate feels like another politics but with your own rules."

"Expect... you don't even follow those basic rules of being pirate"

Nero laughed drily. Having finished with packing both of them head outside where Kane and Prompto were preparing the things they needed for the climbing.

"I can already tell. Looks like this is gonna be one hell of a party!" Nero said with a smile. The sound of waves comforted him. The giant elephant came into view. And with that. Punkish attire, dark blue hooded jacket, tattered dark crimson shirt, black pants, military-style combat boots and blue crystal pendant necklace around his neck, a rookie pirate known as Nero was ready to climb on Zunesha.

Last edited:

joby

A.C.A.B!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The mighty Elephant upon which our visitors were about to embark, was ancient and strong. The existence of such a powerful creature was breathtaking. From the ocean's surface, One was unable to see the top of the beast, as it's stature rose high above the mist and clouds and into the heavens above. The elephants legs alone were like watching a grouping of four Knock-Up Streams meandering forward slowly but diligently. If not for the exposed underbelly and trunk, one would assume they were approaching mere land formations.

However, above the cloud line, basking in the golden radiance of the heavens above, the back of Zunisha revealed something even more staggering. A great stone wall which encircled the top of the "island", stood guard over a lush and beautiful forest and ancient buildings of regal proportion--glowing with light.
@Oreki
sorry for the delay, my computer shut down and I lost my edit. So I was pretty depressed and just went to bed. Posting this as is so we can continue on schedule <3 pretend the description is as good as the picture lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The wind was rushing all around them, strike their face, gliding through their hairs. Throbbing heartbeat. They were visualizing sea glorious vastness, its dreamy surface while climbing on Zunisha.

Reality comes knocking at their door when they realized they have been climbing for more than an hour, and in the end, it will be just a few minutes to fall if anything were to happen to the climbing rope that they have been using in the same manner of mount climbing. But maybe they were getting ahead of themselves. They shielded their eyes from the fierce wind as the Berg boosted its thrusters and rose into the air, and they watched as it vanished into the southwestern sky. They can't have much time, and It was the time they realize with a jolt of mixed horror and excitement that have entrusted their lives to the sticky gloves they're using to climb on Zunisha. That this is it. That they'll be alive or dead within minutes.

"Whew~" Prompto whistled. He was enjoying himself.

"Prompto, You're enjoying this way too much, aren't you?"

Prompto eyes were lit up with brilliance and excitement. He happily turned his face towards Nero and shouted, "You might be not interested in these kinds of things, but for me, it's the first time doing a climbing this high! Isn't it awesome? Really…it's a relief that I decided to become a pirate!"

A surge of excitement was pumping through Prompto's body. The smell of fresh air. That crisp, clean smell from a cool gust of wind was like standing on top of a mountain.

"You're exaggerating." But as Nero laughed, he was agreed with him. His voice carried a hint of cheerfulness as he continued. "Even I'm beginning to think that there's something wrong with your meaning of excitement. We're thousand of meters above the sea surface!"

"What? You can't handle the thrill? What's the point of being a pirate if we can't enjoy the adventure. Nero, that's what it means to be a pirate, being free!"

"You two sure enjoying this a lot... huh" Kane shouted. While he was climbing silently like a guardian, the elephant shook violently. Even though stone fragments were falling from above, they all ignored the situation, still acting as though nothing had happened carry on climbing.

Miyagi who had been silent for a while quickly interjected. "Guys...." Her voice was small and hoarse, sending only the tiniest vibrations into the air.

I don’t want this, she thought with thinning consciousness together, try to bind her thoughts and emotions. Her eyes slowly closed, then, as if she were sinking deep into nothingness, her awareness dimmed and faded, her grip on the rope lose and then she started to fall.

"Noo!!!" Nero shouted without thinking. A surge of panic raced through him, letting his rope go, falling towards Miyagi.

All she heard was the wind screaming by. She was floating high, high above the earth, in the midst of a powerful wind. She couldn't even tell that she was falling because nothing around her was moving beside that wind that coiled around her, moaning lower and deeper than she'd ever heard it. Even so, she felt no fear. It was an odd sensation, like a waking dream. She thought that it would've been good if she just fell asleep like that, and then she heard a yell.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!" Hearing Nero worried scream, her consciousness resurfaced.

"Miyagi, grab my hand!" As the wind blew them, Nero yelled. She nodded. The wind caught them, carrying them closer. Nero reached out. Finally, her soft hand caught his. She panted, her chest heaving. She was still conscious, but Miyagi been never the type to get so exhausted. While watching her he smiled reassuringly. He pulled her closer before taking out a grappling gun, "Don't let go of my hand!"

He said, pointing the gun at Zunihsa, firing it, a thin rope comes out of it and stuck to the Zunisha.
Grappling Gun: This is held like a gun and shoots a similar to grapple hook but with the clear surface rather than pointy that stick due to stickiness, also a really thin rope attached to grapple hook that allows user to propel themselves to any desired locations.

100: grapple gun (100 foot long) - 10 inventory points

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
At the top of Zunisha, little far off from the path, the sound of of a rustle could be heard, by the tree and bushes by the wall.

It sounded like someone was grumbling, as the tall bush and leaves started to part by the wall. As someone head rose slowing into view. With half dazed expression on their face. more grumbling could be heard from their direction..

As the person slowly yawned.. As they finally stood up, and walked out the bushes tree's by the wall, they used as a place to nap at.

They paused mid step...before remembering why they where in a bad mood.

"stupid dream, She was getting a good deal, buying that awesome coat, but then that salesman practically started screaming at her to buy a coat she had no interest in, as it was but ugly.. But his screeching...ugh"

This only made her grumble as she realized she won't get that nice cool coat that been whispering to her, To buy it! As her expression turned sour.. As she glanced around her, in the area she was at. Yeah this was not the island where she would get her coat from...She thought in a bad mood and the dream only made her in worser mood! As a reminder to where she originally wanted to go..

It was all thanks to that old geezer, or maybe she was just a cheapskate.. His deal was to good to be true, only 50belly's for travel to the next island, where she wanted to visit to get her coat.

usually price is 2000 belly for travel. That old geezer had double crossed her, and not enough he stole her money she carried in her back pocket.... Instead of waking up on that shitty boat by the captain aka old geezer telling her they arrived to the next island.. Instead she woke up on small life boat..it was also a piece of crap, and had some holes/with some half ass repairs on it she noticed when she examined it after calming down from yelling to the high heavens about stupid old shady geezer the past day when she woke up on it...

She surprised she was still alive, as she been lost with no way of finding the next isle, as even her compass was gone. probably pawned of by the bastard. grumbling.. she walked further by the wall glaring at it.. As she paused.. Then glance out in the sea direction... Remembering the past day events.

The whole day wasted,exhausted as she had climbed up the what she first assumed was rock, weird texture.. only to realize when the fog cleared it was some type of giant animal she was climbing onto... Thinking about it made her feel irritated.. as she walked further then abruptly sat down... Only 5 feet away from where she first woke up from, after crashing there to sleep when she finally made it up on this gawd foreskan giant animal..

Still looking at sea direction from where she sat, she could only think... fuck is there anyone else on here? Maybe birds she thought as she glanced at the trees..

She soon fell into silence..watching the sea from her point of view.....

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One after the other, those enormous legs slowly continued their journey through the sea, while lifting the elephant's body far, far above the clouds. From the top of Zunisha's back, these movements would feel like slight fluctuations in a calm sea - further down, however, one would see and feel the brute force behind every single step.

Back on the top, the inscription "Mokomo Dukedom" adorned the only entrance of the wall - locked by a massive iron gate. Not far from this gate on the tail-side of Zunisha, two figures could be seen patrolling on top of the wall. One of them pricked his floppy ears as he heard a strange grumble somewhere at the foot of the wall.

"Mhhh..?"
As the one was going to approach the ledge to look down the wall, a hand suddenly slapped that person on the back amicably, jolting him out of his thought.

"What a beautiful morning, isn't it? ... Mhh..? Did you-gara saw something?"

"No ... no, it's nothing..."

"Anyway, I'm so excited for Lord Inurashi's announcement this evening. What could be so important that we can finish our shift a little earlier? Will we, the gatekeepers, be rewarded for our dedication..? After all, no foe has entered these gates in ages. Self-sacrificingly, we protect the wall with our lifes..."

"Self-sacrificingly...? I think you'ra little too excited about this..."

"Are you-gara kidding me? I heard that Lord Inurashi even exchanged ideas with Lord Nekomamushi..."

"Who spreads such rumors..?"

"... I mean, you know, indirectly. They are probably planning a parade or something..! Gee, what am I supposed to wear for this festivity..?"

"Oioi..! You'ra beginning to scare me! Let's move on!"

As one of the figures continued his patrol, the second followed shortly thereafter, while wiping the drool off its mouth.

"Wait!"

@Oreki @Naomi

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After completing the climbing, solely waiting for their energy to replenish before they stroll around the Zou, all of the places of Zou had been enveloped by an atmosphere of dynamism. That said, it's not like Nero could say that this kind of atmosphere wasn't the norm from the start. He had a feeling that it was the first time in a long while that he felt this chilly wind that filled with the promise of spring.

Finally, after an interminable rest, things began to change. A distant wind picked up, unfelt but heard. Then a swirling mist of whiteness appeared far in the distance. He felt the gales then, and then it blew past him from behind, ripping his blue jacket and hair like they were shredded flags caught in a storm. Even so, right now Nero was concentrated on staring at the ring in his hand. This is...

"You won't find anything just by staring at the Ring. Or rather, if there's something special about it you will know once you wear it."

Nero said "I don't have the faintest idea what you're saying" and turn away.

"You can feign ignorance, that works," she said, "But I just want to say sitting there staring at this ring won't help you."

Kane let out a sigh. "I think we can forget about hitching our way to Zou entrance at this rate."

Miyagi spoke from beside Kane. "Now then, we just have to push ourselves"

"I've already pushed myself... to the brink of death," Prompto complained as he lay still and dramatically flopped his arms out onto the ground.

"Oh... get up you two"

"Geez... I thought we suppose to take a little break."

"Wouldn't that be nice..." Nero said, exasperated. They got up and looked toward the entrance gate. Walking through the greenery on the large elephant, traveling through this with his shoes, or walking through the wet ground was annoying for Nero. He knew that this was far from the norm. And then Nero made eye contact with Miyagi. After the incident, while climbing Zou, her hair and clothes were messy, and she seemed almost defenseless.

"Why did you faint while climbing?", Nero asked.

"I was just a little tired today," Miyagi gave as an excuse. "I'll probably feel fine after taking a good sleep."

Four of them walked towards the entrance. The cicadas were buzzing. Suddenly Nero spotted something or rather someone.....

@Naomi @Handsome

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If there was one thing on Nora mind, out of the horrible situation of being stranded on what was apparent some large animal back. As she stared off into the sea direction in thought....

She wondered first, how the hell was she gonna get of this large foresaken moving animal? The Second thought she had, Was anyone still alive living on this giant animal?

As she remembered first seeing the giant wall structures when she first came up here.. pointing to someone building them.. Either these people where still alive, or dead.. Judging by the deserted wall structure around the animal back..

It looked like defense to keep invaders out.. She wondered if she stumbled upon a hard to find moving island!??..When she consider the walls structure.. but she never heard of animal living this long..As the wall structure looked more then 200+ years old. Making this thing practically ancient in terms, plus she could see the tall tree tops, behind the walls and the sound of birds chirping in the distance. Pointing to life managing to survive on the back of this animal....

She paused in thought, she never liked thinking to hard about weird things like this.. A frown made it's way onto her expression..Maybe she could scavange some wood, and build raft and just hope to gawd she makes it to land..but then the problem of getting makeshift raft below and lowering it down, and also trying not to die by falling into cold unforgiving sea... She did not like the idea of becoming Sea king chow.

She suddenly got the feeling of someone watching her, fuck she hoped it was not ghost spirits from the ancient civilization,haunting this place... she looked to her left and did not see anyone, she looked to her right down the path.. and noticed to her disbelief a person!! wait..she thought what if it's apparition of dead person who got stranded like me and died here?? She paused in thought..

Then

A mad grin lit up her expression, as she got up so quickly and charged at person in the distance. She would know if they where a ghost or real person,by tackling them!

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A mad grin lit up her expression, as she got up so quickly and charged at person in the distance. She would know if they where a ghost or real person,by tackling them!
"I didn't see this coming," Nero said with a bitter smile as a grinning woman come closer to him in a manner as if she was taking him for a ghost. Nero could virtually see how his crew member grinned at this. But despite the circumstances, as if breaking the awkwardness,"...U-Um, who're you?"

Nero asked frankly. As always he was not good at interacting with new people. A small silence ensued, and then Miyagi started to speak as her voice mixed in with the wind. "Are you a traveler?"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If there was one thing Nora was not expecting, Just arms lengths of reaching her target and tackling them to the ground as she thought would go down.. Of course minus her face planting into the dirt, Since she had consider if indeed a ghost she would phase through it. And she was ready for that outcome and thought ahead in her moment when she charged. To bad for the ghost she knew how to do a cartwheel! Though she could run straight through and not look back... but cartwheel was cool.

But that all came to halt, as she nearly tripped and lost her balance a few feet away from the ghost??, when she heard the ghost talk to her, when she neared it.

She stopped and thought hard... was the ghost trying to get the upper hand by talking, preventing her of doing her cool cartwheel,dash combo move???..

She glanced at the ghost..person?? He looked like punk teen, or vampire hunter.. hmmm could use more colors in his clothes set up she thought.
But she quickly forgot the thought, as her ghost disappointment set in....She was glad a other person was on this gawd forsaken animal, meant a way out?? But at the same time..

"Who are you?? Really!! Is all you have to say???"

She glanced at the nervous punk teen. who looked back at her nervous.. She gave sound of annoyance, as she started her next line of speech.

" You see mwah!!.... " She paused dramatically as she made point, by pointing at herself before continue her speech. " charging at you and you!! And you don't even try to doge!! Like are you trying to welcome some stranger, charging at you?? what if i was bad person?....wait your not bad person or a ghost are you?? "

She quickly got back to her point

"Didn't your family ever teach danger stranger, Jeez"

Nora, then remembered. She walked up to him, and tapped him on the head...... A blank stare appeared on her expression.

Then, she smiled brightly, mood completely changing.

"Hey kid, since your not a ghost, do you know way off this place??....Also...please don't ask how i got here i don't want to talk about it.." she mutter the last part under her breath.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In a fortified tower, near the main gate.

"Monjii-yugara, you shouldn't have..."

"But don't drink all at once. Hikikikikiki.."
An elderly ape-like figure placed a bottle on a wooden table "And..? How's Bariete doing at the guard?"

A bulky shape of a person with golden-brown fured arms took a small glass and poured sake into it.
"Mhh..? Oh, Bariete... he's doing fine, fine..." He continued to pour the liquid into his cow-like mouth.
"Ahhhhhh... yeah totally, he uhh... is quite usefull..." After a few seconds of silence, he poured another glass.

But the silence was quickly broken when a floor hatch suddenly opened and a cat-like shape rose from it.
"Hairando! Strangers are approaching the gate!"

The bull mink, took his last sip of sake and freed the creaking chair of his weight.
"... Sorry Monjii, but duty calls me!" *yush*
He was wearing a large white hat with orange feathers, a uniform consisting of a blue coat, a cape and black trousers, and also a gold nose ring on his muzzle. Despite his size, he gallantly jumped through the hatch and followed down towards the wall.
"You, get Bariete and send him to the bell-tower... But he should wait for our signal first!"

From there he continued in direction of the main gate, where three other guards already gathered. Those patiently watched the strangers from afar. "Boys, stay calm. Let’s wait and see what they’re up to"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
PART ONE - FAMILY OF DEVILS
Some say to never dance with devils but I've never been one to do as I'm told, my name is Jimmy Frayzah and I'm the hottest new recruit of the Devil Pirates. Even when you hate me, you know I'm damn good at what I do. Sure I may have been other things too back in the day but repeating those got old really quick.

Nero, quite the strange fella but I saw first hand of his destructive capabilities in Kano Country. It's what truly pushed me to learn their unique ability of Hasshoken after conquering it, my swordsmanship alone couldn't have allowed me to win the recent Written War but with his raw skill in blade use I really believe Nero would've had the ability to pull it off.

I saw the papers, they labelled him as my former subordinate but the truth of the matter is I never saw him in that light. I saw him as an equal, a friend, an ally and a business associate. Keyword 'saw' as now I view him differently again, in my time in the shadows hunting down my nemesis Faysal, I kept a close eye on Nero and his crew. See, when I created my Legion of Crowns it was with only one goal in mind but I knew that ultimately one day I would finally complete my mission and on that day I would seek something new out. A home, a family.

Sure I had all of the foundations of a solid family in Kane, Mia, George and even newcomer Harleen but still it never felt like enough, never felt complete. So I wondered, if my own brother could find a makeshift family within the Devil Pirates then maybe I could too. So I kept waiting and watching from afar, I had to be certain, pledging loyalty to a fellow pirate captain is obviously a huge decision and one not to be taken lightly. But still he continued to impress me, even Mia who isn't his biggest fan made note of his captaincy skills upon my return. I was sold, this was it, the crew and captain I would pledge my services to now that my own personal mission of vengeance was finished with.

The Devil Pirates would become my family and Nero my new captain.

Which brings me to the here and now. Following the vivre card of Nero here, we seem to have arrived at the feet of a curious island if it can even be described as an island. I'll be straight with you, it was an elephant. Yeah you heard correctly, A GIANT FUCKING ELEPHANT. I couldn't believe what I was seeing it was an incredible sight as it strolled through the waters of the New World. Suddenly a voice pops up from behind, it was George, a man who had once unwillingly betrayed me but now serves onboard the beautiful bright red ship he built as the shipwright in an effort to redeem himself. Unnecessary really but he was persistent about the matter.

Jimmy, is that Captain Nero's ship? It looks pretty banged up, maybe I should do what I can to put it back into sailing shape.”

“Back to sailing shape? It looks perfectly fine to me George.”

An awkward silence falls over Jimmy's ship as a piece of the deck's railing breaks off Nero's ship and falls into the water below with a huge splash.

Actually on second thought, what are you waiting for? Quickly, that kind of thing could be really dangerous for our new Captain.”

And so Jimmy looks on as George begins his repairs on Nero's badly damaged ship using the carpentry skills acquired from his decision to volunteer to be Rewritten.

(+2.5HP per turn)

And with that, the former members of the Legion of Crowns had arrived at Zou where they would finally unite with their brand new crew.

But what will be the reaction of Nero be?

What about Jimmy's own brother Kane?

Will Mia ever forgive the actions of her new captain?

Also Harleen doing Harleen things?

Find out next time! Plus still to come in Zou, Part One of the Written War....

....TO BE CONTINUED!!!

Mia Black:
Level 60
×5=300 (Human Boost: +18 Strength, Speed, Vitality/MA Boost: +5 Speed)
Strength: 17+18=35
Speed: 56+18+5=79
×2=158
-Reaction: 77+5=82
Vitality: 63+18=81
×2=162
Haki: 81
×2=162
-Armament: 81
-Observation(Awareness): 81
Mind: 41
×2=82
-Navigation: 82
×2=82
-Gunslinging: 82

Harleen Diamond:
Level 55
×5=275 (Human/DF Boost: 10/10 Strength, 10/0 Speed, 10/10 Vitality, 15/0 MA)
Strength: 41+10+10=61
Speed: 51+10=61
×2=122
-Movement: 61
-Reaction: 61
Vitality: 61+10+10=81
×2=162
Haki: 45.5
×2=91
-CoA: 61
-CoO (Awareness): 30
Devil Fruit (Kilo): 61
Martial Arts: 15.5+15=30.5
×2=61
-Mallet: 61

George:
Level 55
55 × 5 = 275
Human Bonus: 10+10+10+15 in Str, Spd, Vit, M.A.
Strength: 51 + 10 = 61
Speed: 59 + 10 = 69 × 2 = 138
-Reaction: 77 + 5 = 82
-Movement: 61
Vitality: 31 + 10 = 41 × 2 = 82
-Stamina: 41
-Durability: 41
Mind: 41 × 2 = 82
-Carpentry: 82
Haki: 61 × 2 = 122
-CoA: 61
-Observation Haki (Awareness): 61
Martial Arts: 16 + 15 = 31 × 2 = 62
-Baseball Bat: 62

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nero was under the impression she wouldn't listen to him since she had been kept talking the entire time, but apparently, the conversation reaches the point when she moved her gaze and looked directly at Nero, convinced that he's not a ghost.
"Hey kid, since your not a ghost, do you know way off this place??....Also...please don't ask how i got here i don't want to talk about it.." she mutter the last part under her breath.
She muttered as if observing Nero. He tilted his head in contemplation. "I guess I can't laugh at you for this..." It wasn't quite right; maybe that was appropriate, maybe not. Either way, Nero's mind was shaken witnessing, for the first time, a stranger who is this direct when they talk. The strange thing was, it wasn't necessarily an unpleasant sensation. She was a cheerful female who young and old alike could become friends. That was Nero's first impression of her. But certainly, Nero recalled another person who shared some traits with her.

While thinking about how he should answer her he himself was in a place he has never seen before. Behind the story that unfolds before them lies yet another hidden secret about the Zou. "Ah, well, you see, I think you have climb down from this giant island to leave this place ."

This was all the answers he held, and when Nero said that he got the impression she probably going to thought this whole situation is insane.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nora waited for his response, and when she heard him respond back to her. She replied with a strange look on her face.

"I have to what!?? Unless your telling me you have boat down below, I don't see myself climbing down and letting currents take me" She replied.

Then she glanced at him seizing him up. This teen punk? Then again he was all the way up here by himself atm, beside her.

what kind of ship did he have, or did he get stuck here to by small life boat *shuddering at the memory* she continued.

"You have a ship??" But at the same time, the idea of climbing down the leg of this strange giant animal.. she was already tired for the journey climbing up. Unless he had a rope which would make it easier to climb down.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
[Nero POV]
"You have a ship??" But at the same time, the idea of climbing down the leg of this strange giant animal.. she was already tired for the journey climbing up. Unless he had a rope which would make it easier to climb down.
Pretty straightforward. Before I was a bit worried about how she would take a stranger telling her something this absurd but seeing how this girl has conducted herself, she seems hardly bothersome to handle.

Probably realizing I was no good at talking and getting nowhere near the main topic, Prompto lifted his gaze to a stranger and said, "We get through climbing pretty well since we were having fun anyway. The tough part is actually danger of falling, since it takes few minutes until you finally reach the ground while falling, and the impact alone can kill you. I still wonder why we selected that place for our next adventure."

Standing beside me, Kane stuck his hand inside his pocket and took out infrared sensors remote that was giving the sound *beep* *beep* which means the security alarm was triggered. Ah, I forgot to explain, infrared sensors are those gadgets that trigger a security alarm if someone infrared your place. And yes this is not a spy novel our ship has been abducted or at least I think that.

I finally asked him, "Kane, is something the matter?"

Kane placed his hand on my shoulder and said, "We had a ship...."

This has got to be a bad joke, it's as though we're gonna be stuck on that big elephant if our ship really is abducted, don't mind this Nero that's the kind of world we live in. I said in my mind before saying out loud "Thought people were friendly outside here."

"You can only go so far on the kindness of strangers."

"Guess we just have to go there downwards to confirm this."

Kane replied and raised his brow. "If you're planning to go downwards to confirm this do mind your manners around those guys thief to be."

Okay, I cheerfully said: "I'm well mannered around our esteemed guests."

Top Bottom