Duel A Way Forward

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The group headed outside, they would hear the bickering of the duo though paid little heed to it. Link would simply smirk at the idea though to his dissatisfaction the rain hadn't slowed down in the duration. He would then sigh with vapor and his breath being seen.

"How about we go back to the library?" Law would say as Vanya would be disgruntled as the rain was annoying her due to her straightening her hair. 'This is making my hair all messy'

"So how about we head to the library? or you got a better place to talk?", Law hearing this 'Hey man don't just take my idea' which was met with eyes rolling.

'I can't believe he would fall for something so simple. But just the word had him intrigued. From the very expression of the duo, one could tell a little twitch and the way they spoke. They must be on this or know something about what is happening here'

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"So how about we head to the library? or you got a better place to talk?",
Nero wasn't in the agreement of this, on the other hand, he was not even sure if that this blond hair guy will be any help, to commence with. To this approach, Nero suddenly had a bad feeling. Though He wouldn't go so far say this was based on experience, he was being apprehensive of trouble, that's all.

Nevertheless, He wasn't as much as interested in the topic he implied so that's why he does not wish to dig up that story. Especially not in front of Kyouko Miyagi. He sighed and said, "We won't get anywhere if we just change the location from here to there and I don't think anyone gonna wonder anything if we talk here."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Changing my Font Key to this:
General Narration / Link Point-of-View
"Speech"
'Thinking'
{Flashback}

Action (or Emphasis) / Attack
"We won't get anywhere if we just change the location from here to there and I don't think anyone gonna wonder anything if we talk here."
I would wait patiently as the man would come out saying those words, I would give off a half-smirk taking a huge deep breath of air. 'This guy, is he serious?'

I would take a moment before I would reach back grabbing my sword out "You guys stay out of this" I would address Vanya and Law who would keep quiet and stand back with the road clear.

I'll then turn my attention back to the man "It's really difficult to do a thing called trust. So seeing as your swordsman and so am i. I don't see any other way than clashing swords and I'll tell you why its best to talk elsewhere"

I'll then await his response simmering down as I tighten my grip under the rain.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"It's really difficult to do a thing called trust. So seeing as your swordsman and so am i. I don't see any other way than clashing swords and I'll tell you why its best to talk elsewhere"
Nero is basically someone who says what he wants whenever he wants to, but he's not an obtuse person. He let out a small sigh and spoke. "Seriously? Geez, the rain is already annoying enough and if you don't want to go, you don't have to force yourself and start a fight."

While Nero shows some signs of being uninterested by the current situation Miyagi steps forward shortly afterward. As usual, she was wearing a smile that didn't match the weather. The large droplets of rain continued to fall, and there was nobody he could spot on the roads or alley. Miyagi then shook her head her eyes gently narrowed with her expression turning into a puzzled one and said "Now, now, you really want to fight him in this weather? Aah, Besides Nero doesn't seem interested anyway."

When Miyagi said that, Nero's shoulders shook and he let out another sigh. Contrary to his reply and expression he wasn't completely against the idea of having a duel against the blond guy.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Changing my Font Key to this:
General Narration / Link Point-of-View
"Speech"
'Thinking'
{Flashback}

Action (or Emphasis) / Attack
I just noticed I was supposed to change the font for my previous so I will use process the change from this post onwards
"Seriously? Geez, the rain is already annoying enough and if you don't want to go, you don't have to force yourself and start a fight."
I would listen to his response then taking a moment before replying "You need to be wary of what you say when you're in public" as I would sigh though as I would sigh the woman that would be beside the man would speak
"Now, now, you really want to fight him in this weather? Aah, Besides Nero doesn't seem interested anyway."
I would stare at her as she responded, half smiling at her reply. "Hmm, I don't know why you assume I don't wanna do this" with me taking a moment to breathe. "So how about one clash only?" smirking looking at the man

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I would stare at her as she responded, half smiling at her reply. "Hmm, I don't know why you assume I don't wanna do this" with me taking a moment to breathe. "So how about one clash only?" smirking looking at the man
He's actually serious? Thinking that, Nero sighed deeply.

"Waaah, you're being way too serious about this." It was hard to tell whether she's joking or not. Nero didn't stop, and I didn't look in her direction. He was careful to make it a very ordinary conversation with this blond guy, without any sort of dramatic atmosphere. Because that would make things serious and troublesome.

Nero stared at the Blond guy with a strong gaze before breaking into a smile, looking as if he had always been smiling. He was aware that that things have developed to a point where talking his way out of it would have been bothersome. So he had no choice but to reply as such, "... Yeah, I guess it is interesting. But we can't have civilian getting involved in this."

In the end, Nero simply gave in, and the sound of rain, followed by silence. With that Nero walked towards the street without any regard for Miyagi. She didn't follow him. Falling raindrops began to dot Nero. Not knowing if it was good or bad timing.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Waaah, you're being way too serious about this."
"... Yeah, I guess it is interesting. But we can't have civilian getting involved in this."
I would stare at the man before giving a smirk with a minute chuckle. I'll reach back grabbing the sword off my back as it made a shhhiiinnnkkk sound. I would then crack a few bones in my back as I prepared myself tightly gripping the handle.

"I agree, though I can't help if we go overboard and we get collateral damage" I would remark at his last statement.

I would stare at the man as the droplets of rain slowed down with me piercing my rage with everything around me becoming mute and smudged away only concentrating on what was before me.

Right now what would cause the first strike was still up in the air.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nero shifts his focus to the windswept sky. Countless raindrops dance through the air for as far as he can see, way off into the distance. Rain hits his face. For the past few hours, the rain has been continuously falling that it reached the point it's annoying Nero. It's like a pulse that never stops, no matter how long you hold your breath.

"That some serious rain," he muttered, apparently not caring much either way. Still, he wanted for rain stop.

Exhaling slowly, Nero faced the blond hair guy, "Are you ready to start?"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Level 78
78 x 5 = 390

Human Race Bonus: +14 in Str, Spd, Vit and +21 in MA
MA Bonus: +5 in Str, Spd and Vit.
Strength: 82 + 14 + 5 = 101
Speed: 82 + 14 + 5 = 101 x 2 = 202
>Reaction Speed: 101
>Movement Speed: 101

Vitality: 82 + 14 + 5 = 101 x 2 = 202
>Durability: 101
>Stamina: 101

Haki: 65 x 2 = 130
>Armament Haki: 101
>Observation Haki: 29

Martial Arts: 79 + 21 = 100 x 2 = 200
>Ittoryu/Nittoryu: 100
>Rokushiki: 100
For a second I paused before I smirked, once I did I launched myself with my right hand holding the handle I used my left hand to wrap it around my wrist as I charged towards him. As I charged I came closer as I pivoted 360 before I yelled "SLICE OF THE HERMIT DRAGON!"
81 mastery and strength

DPR: Small Country Level

It had now started though in my trailblazer I left a powerful gust of storm behind me as I made the first move.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Level 94
94 × 5 = 460
Human Bonus: 18+18+18+27 in Str, Spd, Vit, M.A.
Strength: 82 + 18 + 5 + 10(Powersuit) + 5(Tomboy 2 turn use 1 turn cooldown) = 120
Speed: 71 + 18 + 5 = 94 × 2 = 188
-Reaction: 87 + 15 = 102
-Movement: 101
Vitality: 78 + 18 +5 = 101 × 2 = 202
-Stamina: 101
-Durability: 101
Mind: 100 x 2 = 200
Navigation: 100
Science: 100
Haki: 66 x 2 = 132
-Armament Haki: 100
-Observation Haki(Awareness): 32
Martial Arts: 73 + 27= 100 × 2 = 200
-Red Queen(Sword): 100
-Blue Rose(Gun): 100
For a second I paused before I smirked, once I did I launched myself with my right hand holding the handle I used my left hand to wrap it around my wrist as I charged towards him. As I charged I came closer as I pivoted 360 before I yelled "SLICE OF THE HERMIT DRAGON!"
Nero's mouth curled into a mocking smile. He spontaneously wondered if what if that simple clash today might escalate into an all-out duel within the few minutes. Then it took on a crueler note, and he draws a sword from his back while the blond hair was running towards him. He smiled when his opponent was about to reach him, "I guess this doesn't quite cut it." He gave a sarcastic smile while tossing out these words.

He then moved his legs with frightening speed as he splashed through the water over the concrete road, leaving the sound of his footsteps behind him as if they belong to some other person. Amidst this, reversing his grip on his sword at the same time he comes close to Link, as he proceeds to clash his sword.

Just then, when the two attacks connected there was an eardrum-splitting roar, and Nero vision becomes blurry due to splash water. The clash collision heaved it into the air for a moment as time slowed to a crawl. A powerful wind hit him in the face and Nero smiled again at his opponent. Happily, gleefully, maliciously. "You are really strong! Really! I guess swordsman like you are a different breed, huh! Right, Mr. whoever you are? I wondering fighting insignificant like me really is fitting for regal swordsman like yourself?"
«Reaver» is a charge-type Sword Skill that delivers a single, fast slash with a forward movement. The skill is activated by lowering one's stance and raising a one-handed curved sword atop one's shoulder.
(81 Mastery, 81 Strength and 81 Movement Speed) Destructive Potency Rank: S
101-119: 7. Town Level: Nero base Strength
11. Small Country Level: Effective DPA

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Font Key for Vanya and Law:
Vanya
Law
I could do nothing but watch as I could see the target smile as I reached close distance enough to have our strikes clash and saw his mouth curl up and smile. 'This is guy is either a fool or he's the real deal'

The two swordsman's swords clashed releasing a screech of collision of lumps of metal but that wasn't the only thing that came with the screech but a gust of wind and rain mixed. They were an epicenter of a ripple-like throwing a rock into a puddle watching the ripple span out through the puddle was exactly what happened but the rock being the swords with water being a compound mixture of water and wind.

I would jump backward breathing a little heavily as I could feel my right palm throbbing, I would smirk letting out a little chuckle
"You are really strong! Really! I guess swordsman like you are a different breed, huh! Right, Mr. whoever you are? I wondering fighting insignificant like me really is fitting for regal swordsman like yourself?"
'You little arrogant brat', "It wouldn't be a bad idea to introduce oneself, my name is Link and you are?" right after saying that I would lick my lips as just the little collision of strikes had me excited enough with my mouth-watering a little as I gulp.

Though despite all that the battle was disturbed.

"Didn't you both verbally agree to an only 1 strike?" Vanya would speak up who would be drenched "As you two are disgusting, now let us find someplace to dry up and settle this like people. Don't you agree with me?" she would then stare at Miyagi whilst monologuing to stop the unnecessary conflict.

"The lady has a point but I wanna see who would win and Link I must say you look good with that little rip and tear in your tunic" he would say sarcastically and then chuckle.

"What now?", I would look to see if he was right and see nothing there which would be followed with a click of the tongue and "Gotcha" as he burst of laughing smacking his hand against his leg.

Just like that, the mood would wither away.

"Tcchh" I would kiss my teeth in frustration.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"It wouldn't be a bad idea to introduce oneself, my name is Link and you are?"
"I wonder if I should be happy about that." Nero pretentiously continued with a malicious smile on his face "But I think you're better off not knowing anything about me."

Raindrops continued to pour, accompanied by loud sounds. The rain noisily fell and fell, paying no heed to its surroundings at all, dropping and dropping. The rain droplets mercilessly pounded against both fighters. Nero's smile seems to imply: That's right, it's fine that way.

"As you two are disgusting, now let us find someplace to dry up and settle this like people. Don't you agree with me?"
Miyagi turned to face Vanya. Her head seemed to hang almost imperceptibly. "May I ask you something? How do you presume we get them to understand there is no point? This fighting I mean."

However, despite saying this Miyagi turns her face towards Nero. She gazed at him, straight on, and smiled, "Nero! It's time we should head out."

Nero looked at their expression and understood what she meant, "Really...."

"Yes, really," Said Miyagi as if in triumph.

Phew, Nero was aware he couldn't win against her. If she's going to tell him something like that with that face, how could he even say something back? Words are the source of misunderstanding after all. He thought

"The lady has a point but I wanna see who would win and Link I must say you look good with that little rip and tear in your tunic" he would say sarcastically and then chuckle.

"What now?", I would look to see if he was right and see nothing there which would be followed with a click of the tongue and "Gotcha" as he burst of laughing smacking his hand against his leg.

Just like that, the mood would wither away.

"Tcchh" I would kiss my teeth in frustration.
It was a bizarre laugh. It didn’t seem like blond her companion was just laughing because it was funny. Oh, oh boy. Nero let out a chuckle himself. His rationality told him this joke was rather silly, but he still ended up laughing a little.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"But I think you're better off not knowing anything about me."
"He's a timid one, eh?" as I would think upon his reply then lick my lips at the sudden pulsating feeling that was coming through my right palm

It was a bizarre laugh. It didn’t seem like blond her companion was just laughing because it was funny. Oh, oh boy. Nero let out a chuckle himself. His rationality told him this joke was rather silly, but he still ended up laughing a little.
I would glance at him laughing then look the other way with a bulge throbbing from the side of my head annoyed at Law's untimely joke to disturb a battle between men. To prevent any further shame I would turn around "So where now then V?"

Just saying the word "V" had Vanya blush and Law knocked back as this was the first time I'd call her by that. "Linkya, it's official!" Law would blurt out with a chuckle as he would find the entire thing hilarious even coming up with a shipping name.

"Well as we have come out of this peacefully somewhat" as she stared at me then diverted her attention to Miyagi "I suppose the library would be best" as she would be thinking of Link as she would say that with her heart beating faster.

I'd give off a smirk seeing her antics and giggle within at how a sinful man I am.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Well as we have come out of this peacefully somewhat" as she stared at me then diverted her attention to Miyagi "I suppose the library would be best" as she would be thinking of Link as she would say that with her heart beating faster.
"Well, isn't this being too obsessed? Do it yourself I am not interested." Nero's voice carried a hint of annoyance but it doesn’t matter. He doesn't really care anymore. He starts walking in the other direction as the sound of the falling raindrops started to vanish.

Miyagi, wet and cold from the rain, had her empty eyes fixed intently on Nero. She made a smile that one could never imitate, "Even though the town is cutting-edge, its creation looks old - how strange. For someone like her, she said something rather random without any meaning. "Seems like it'd be pretty fun to come here again." With nothing else to say, she followed after him.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As the group headed over to the library instead of separated and headed out. The rain simply wasn't letting up with the sprinkling non-stop throughout the day and night, it simply never let up.

Neither party couldn't continue on the investigation of "Nelfheim" and its secrets but that would be for another day a way forward indeed in time.

"I wish we could have gotten under the whole Nelfheim thing but I guess it's not meant to be as of now" I would remark as we headed back to the docks.

'I wanna meet up with this guy again and finish that fight' i would think to myself.

@Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Kyouko are you going to eat sweet things until you die today?"

"Exactly. We weren't able to anything cause of rain now I want to enjoy little time we have here!" Nero was tempted to say something back to this girl who managed to smile so smugly while enjoying sweets. It was annoying for Nero to get flustered like she wanted him to be.

"I'm no good with sweet food though"

Devoid of any emotion, Miyagi replied sternly, "Come to think of it, the clash between you and that blond hair guy was scary, huh." Some tens of seconds after they began to eat, Miyagi brought up that topic.

"I was starting to wonder that you don't care about that fight just happened."

"Isn't that because you were not interested in this topic? After all, the duel did happen when you least wanted."

Nero still looking at the girl who had puffed her cheeks with sweets, "That's a pretty heartless way of putting things, for someone like you"

"I'm just asking because of that one in a million chance, that you wanted to fight to continue,"

"Hm, I was interested, but you see, it's probably just that he was really strong and I realized we had no reason to engage in such battle..."

She made a surprised face for some reason and said "Hearing you say that I now feel very relieved." and then made a cheerful face, as though she had suddenly thought of something.

Top Bottom