Questions & Mysteries Conquerors haki(part 1)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Why do certain characters have it and certain characters do not. You're probably thinking they were born with it through genetics but that's obviously false since only katakuri amongst the rest of his siblings have it. Then you ask yourself what makes katakuri a conqueror compare to the rest of them? Mindset or kingly disposition.

Now you're asking what I mean by this? Certain characters with conquerors haki have a certain mindset similar towards each other despite all having different personalities. What we all know about haki is that it is basically willpower right? So when it comes to conquerors haki it's the indomitable will to stand above one's goal or conviction without back down or backing out of it. A kingly disposition if you will.

So what I am getting at is those with conquerors haki has a kingly disposition to stand above others which operates from one's mindset to said character meaning those with strong attitudes. It has nothing to do with one's power or being a leader of any position it's all about attitude and how they present themselves.

What are y'all thoughts so far?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Good point. It's all about mindset. Mindset of those fathers before them. Like leadership trauts, It manifests to certain someones only. And just like Garp said to Luffy in MF war, "so he's born with it, too". So it's still genetics.

In Katakuri siblings case, they all don't need to equally possess the same genes with him, making him extra special amongst the rest.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Good point. It's all about mindset. Mindset of those fathers before them. Like leadership trauts, It manifests to certain someones only. And just like Garp said to Luffy in MF war, "so he's born with it, too". So it's still genetics.

In Katakuri siblings case, they all don't need to equally possess the same genes with him, making him extra special amongst the rest.
if it was really through genetics how would you explain big mom having it despite her own parents not being one themselves?

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Why do certain characters have it and certain characters do not. You're probably thinking they were born with it through genetics but that's obviously false since only katakuri amongst the rest of his siblings have it. Then you ask yourself what makes katakuri a conqueror compare to the rest of them? Mindset or kingly disposition.

Now you're asking what I mean by this? Certain characters with conquerors haki have a certain mindset similar towards each other despite all having different personalities. What we all know about haki is that it is basically willpower right? So when it comes to conquerors haki it's the indomitable will to stand above one's goal or conviction without back down or backing out of it. A kingly disposition if you will.

So what I am getting at is those with conquerors haki has a kingly disposition to stand above others which operates from one's mindset to said character meaning those with strong attitudes. It has nothing to do with one's power or being a leader of any position it's all about attitude and how they present themselves.

What are y'all thoughts so far?
Really love that interpretation of yours! I agree!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Everyone has innate haki, but not everyone has the innate potential for a Kingly disposition

That’s it. Same principle in life, some are just born to be sheep like the rest, to not have real courage or develop unique Character in any sort of way. Some are just not born with the ability

All CoC users have leadership Quality, which comes from their powerful and unyielding mindset and will, and that’s What enables them to inspire following and allegiance in others

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
All CoC users have leadership Quality
While I agree with the post, I wonder how much this statement applies to Eustass Kid. He is literally misleading as a character, even while he is a raw a tough guy. Tho one could say he functions in duality with Killer.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
While I agree with the post, I wonder how much this statement applies to Eustass Kid. He is literally misleading as a character, even while he is a raw a tough guy. Tho one could say he functions in duality with Killer.
There is more information out there now that Kid had his girlfriend killed by criminal network or smth like that that used to run his country and Kid helped extirpate all these evil elements out.

Kid I think has a iron will. But these are many things about kid that are annoying

Like after prison when Luffy rescued him he just angrily huffs and puff then proceeds to tell them they’re enemies. Like bro

Then I hated his and Laws inability to coordinate with each other, debating who gets the final attack or Kid refusing to reveal how his powers worked to Law. Rivals much but not so much when you’re fucking dead. I don’t even want to see their “rivalry” anymore Oda ruined that writing the way he did. Oda blasts the same gag if you want to call it that about Law, Kid and Luffy as monkey-like relationship together but I just find it annoying.

Leader or not, Oda failed Kid a lot that’s why he is Midd. No hate , I thought he was alright preskip but Oda didn’t put effort into Kid like he did say Vergo. It’s a fact that he forgot to even mention his df by name in manga so he had to be reminded by fans :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: Rej
Top Bottom