Island Fog Hill of the Five Elements

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Fog Hill of the Five Elements
Fog Hill of the Five Elements is a mountain range in the North Blue that is always surrounded in heavy fog. The mountain range is dangerous for three reasons: the fog, which is easy to get lost in, the dangerous fighting peacocks that inhabit the whole mountain range, and the aggressive monks that do not tolerate any trespassers. Some have tried to conquer the Fog Hill of the Five Elements due to its strategic value of mountainous foggy terrain, but due to the harsh conditions, none have succeeded so far and most have gotten lost, never to return.

NPCs:

The Fighting Peacocks (50):

15 x 5 = 75
- STR: 15 (Race:+ +5) = 20
- SPE: 15 (Race: +5) = 20

- Movement: 20
- Reaction: 20
- VIT: 15 (Race: +5) = 20
- Stamina: 20
- Durability: 20
- Martial Arts: 26
- Bladed Wings: 26
- Talon Kicks: 26
- Mind: 4 (Race: -4) = 0

The Monks (15)

25 x 5 = 125
- STR: 33 (Race: +4) =37
- SPE: 33 (Race: +4) =37

- Movement: 37
- Reaction: 37
- VIT: 29 (Race: +4) = 33
- Stamina: 33
- Durability: 33
- Martial Arts: 30 (Race: +6) = 36
- Staff Combat: 36
- Dagger Combat: 36

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One-time Beri reward: 100 million Beri
Weekly Beri reward for territory: 50 million Beri

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Act 1

Fog Hill of the Five Elements #1
@Fly God

Opal secured her Oni Mask tightly before gracefully leaping onto the dock. At the end of it, a muscular figure stood waiting patiently. She wasn't nervous, far from it. It had been years since she had last seen her out cast of a step brother Katsumi. Not that she had a strong connection with him to begin with. Her mother had always told her to keep her distance from him, and so she did. This was due to a rumour that always hung around that he was a demon child. As she drew closer, the man folded his arms and looked down, taking in her small appearance.

"Took you long enough, Opal is it?" Katsumi said with a smirk.

"So this is the Demon Child Katsumi. I've never seen you up close." Opal replied. Though he could not see it, she was raising her brow inquisitively, questioning mentally why he was walking around shirtless.

He rolled his eyes. "That was never funny from any of you. Normally, I wouldn't just meet up with any Adachi member at all. But you told me you had business with me regarding Uncle?"

Opal scoffed. "If you hate your own so much, why would you care about what uncle has to say?"

"Because he was the only one that treated me like a person. I owe him my life. Afterall, it's because of him I was able to escape that night."

Opal silently took in that information. The night of the blood moon. She remembered it well. The choas that ensued when that demon attacked on the full moon. In the aftermath, the blame was put on Katsumi for bringing the demon there. However their uncle had advocated for banishment instead of a death sentence. Putting that memory aside, Opal pulled out a letter from her pocket and handed it to Katsumi.

"Well worry not. I had no interest in meeting you either, not really. However, I have a deep regard for Uncle as well. Before I set out here he told me to give this to you and that once you've read it, await further instructions."

Katsumi raised a brow and opened the contents of the letter. As he read it, Opal noticed his facial features soften and a look of sadness well in his eyes. After some time, he folded up the letter and pocketed it. He turned around, and for a moment, silently stared at the mountains before opening his mouth.

"We follow the path. Our destination is the mountains." Katsumi said.

Without turning around to see if she would follow, he walked off. Opal, confused slightly, followed close behind.

I barely know him, yet Uncle wants to follow him onto an unknown Island? What was in that letter?

Chapter one of the story of one of the greatest Revolutionaries begins...

Level 23
23x5 =115
Strength: 25+6=31
Speed: 25+6=31

31×2=62
-Reaction: 31
-Movement: 31
Vitality:34+6=40
40×2 = 80
-Durability: 40
-Stamina: 40
Martial Arts: 31
31×2=62
-Brawling: 31
-Electro: 31
Statistics
16×5=80
Strength: 19+2=21
Speed: 19+2=21
21×2=42
-Movement Speed: 21
-Reaction Speed: 21
Vitality: 18+2=20
20×2=40
-Stamina: 20
-Durability: 20
Martial Arts: 21+3=24
21×2=48
-Archery: 24
-Ittoryu: 24

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Act I

“May awe” “May awe” “May awe” the peculiar call of a peacock greeted the perpetual rolling fog that lived along the mountain range of the island of five elements. The morning sun doing nothing to penetrate said fog only highlighting it. While the sun did nothing for the mountain range, it did bless the Oceanside and docks of the island. The rolling grasslands basking in the opening rays of sunlight, happy for the morning pick-me-up of vitamin D. Inspire if whatever dreariness one would associate of an abundance of fog the island did not give off such a feel. The air was crisp, the water was clear and clean and their seemed to be a gentle bustle going on further up the mountain range. A small village of monks were well into their duties for the day whether it was harvesting grain or Collecting water from one of the many paddies on the side of the mountain……

A few others see honing their craft against one another, testing each other’s mettle and sharpening their skills. Their grunts serving to create an effort inspired chorus for the goings on in the surrounding area. Even though it would seem a waste to be training this early and so much, when many a traveler had tried to conquer then and all had failed….it never hurt to keep your blade sharp. The attempts to conquer their lands had left the monks weary of the outside world and aggressive and untrusting of any outsider, and that was how they liked it. They enjoyed keeping to themselves and not worrying about he outside world and it’s troubles

A gentle wind rolled over the shoulders of some of the monks covered in their daily robes. Made with maneuverability and the mountainous climate that they made their home. It helped to keep the wind off their bodies as they began the day with multiple hours of dedicated meditation. Expelling the troubles of the prior day and finding their center and calm for they day that was to come. After all a sharp mind is deadlier than a sharp weapon in their opinion…..

The monks were not the only ones who called Fog hill of the Five Elements home. They shared these lands with the peacocks. Not orimdinary peacocks as one would assume no, these peacocks could fight…astronomically well for animals as a matter of fact. While they lacked hands and arms they had powerful legs and hind quarters combined with extreme sharp talons, they made for dangerous adversaries

With it being so early in the day though, the land birds were grazing at the base of the mountain range and in the fields in-front of it. Allowing the sun to gradually warm their bodies from the night before and start their metabolisms up. Some members of the flock rough housing and pecking at each other to establish their spot among each other. Others finding a warm patch of grasss to groom themselves. Sharp beaks gentling rummaging through luscious green and blue feathers, preening itself and checking for any loose feathers within

All in all it started as a day like any other a delicate ecosystem operating as it had come to

@Mr. Anderson

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Fog Hill of the Five Elements #2
@Fly God

Nearly an hour had passed since their trek from the docks began. Katsumi and Opal travelled quietly, following the path as he said. The sun had long came out of view, and all that remained was just the fog and the path before them. The young girl's patience had now run thin. Deciding she had enough, Opal quickened her pace and stopped directly in front of Katsumi, arms folded while he watched her with a raised brow.

"What?"

"We may be family, however I don't know who you are. I don't trust you. What was in that letter? What is this place and why are we here at all?"
The girl said letting her annoyance be apparent.

Katsumi scratched his beard in confusion.

"I thought you already knew. Didn't Uncle tell you? We're here to prove our worth. This place is the Fog Hills of the Five Elements."

With that, he kept walking as she stared at him in disbelief. She caught up to him again, this time walking right next to him.

"THE Fog Hills? I assumed this place was just a myth. Isn't this place the territory to Demon Peacocks and Monks?"

"Yep." He replied, not bothering to meet her eyes.

"If that's the case, how does Uncle want us to prove our worth?" Even though Katsumi couldn't see it under her mask, she was raising her eyebrows inquisitively. This time he looked down at her, with a smirk.

"We do that by beating every single one."

Opal stopped in her tracks, in shock at his words.

Beat every single one? Is Uncle insane? We don't even know each other our teamwork will be poor. And we have no idea how strong these demons are. In fact not too long ago, I didn't even know they were real.

They had long left the thick of the fog and had made it near the base of the mountain. There the flock peacocks could be seen in all their glory. Realising that Opal wasn't focused, Katsumi grabbed her, taking her out of her thoughts, and jumped to the side into some brush, in an attempt to stay out of sight.

"Remember these things are dangerous. It's best not to be in a daze."

"Why would Uncle put us into such a dangerous position in the first place?"

Katsumi rolled his eyes, annoyed by all of her questions. "You ask too many questions. I thought Uncle told you to await further instructions?"

Opal said nothing, all she could do was be pissed off by the turn of events. He ran his fingers through his beard. "I'll explain everything to you. But for now, even if we aren't close, you need to trust me. That's what Uncle wants you to do."

Opal, finally giving in, nodded her head in agreement. "Okay."

"Good. Now what can you do?" Katsumi said, sighing in relief.

"I was trained in archery and the way of the blade."

"We don't know what these things can do. I'll go out there and engage the peacocks, while you give me support. If they come close to you, I hope you're good enough with your sword to defend yourself properly." He said while pulling out a red piece of cloth and tying it around his head. "If we get through this, that's when I'll tell you why Uncle is putting us through this."

With that, Katsumi stepped out of the brush. Letting his presence be know to any of the giant birds that would notice. Opal sighed to herself, and watched as he did this.

Let's see what you've got, Demon Child Katsumi.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Act I Cont’d

Katsumi stepped out of the brush into the plains, the sun had made its presence known and hid away for the time being. His body stood out against the scenery infront of the flock of peacocks, not resembling any of the monks they normally see perusing their habitat. A few of the land birds took notice of his arrival, softly cocking their heads to the side in confusion. Patiently inspecting the newcomer

While they made their observations, a gentle wind began to blow across the grasslands, coming up from the ocean and consequently where Katsumi had made his journey from. The wind rustling a few tree leaves in the process. The branches of the scattered trees dancing along the winds pathway, rolling any which way the breeze deemed fit. Seemingly content to go along with the flow as it were. The peacocks were the last to feel the cool yet crisp caress of the ocean formed gust of wind but they enjoyed it none the less. A select few of them preened at the feel of the wind made cooler by the moist dew of the misty morning

While some leaned into it the others let out multiple satisfied “May awe” calls in satisfaction. That was the case atleast, until the peacock that stood at the furthest front of the flock caught the scent of Katsumi. It smelled foreign to the combative avian, and judging by the past experiences that the island had with outsiders immediately set the bird on alert. He locked his gaze onto Katsumis form not breaking his sight away while he stood up to his full height. His head bobbing from side to side to posture at the new person and his peacock thoughts trudged through his bird brain

Not liking the feel of this foreign scented person and seeing that he didn’t back down or flee at the sight of his posturing and size he began to slowly jog his way over to the intruder…..

@Mr. Anderson

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Fog Hill of the Five Elements #3

@Fly God

Katsumi stepped out of the brush with clear intentions. Most people would resort to ambush when facing a group that outnumbers them. But not him. Katsumi was highly confident in his abilities as a fighter. Maybe sometimes too confident. In any case, he waited for them to come.

They all inspected him out of curiosity, but were soon too occupied enjoying cool breeze that swept through the mountain side. All except for one. Katsumi caught eye of the peacock farthest away, who had caught himself and began making its way over, posturing itself in dominance with intentions to intimidate. However Katsumi would only meet it's gaze, not fazed at all by its display. Realising that he was not going to back down, the peacock jogged over to Katsumi.

"Oh? So you're approaching me?" He said with a smirk.

The bearded man walked over to the peacock, holding it's gaze. Once he was close enough. He went on the attack without warning. He leaped and performed a spinning roundhouse kick aimed at the wild animal's skull.

"Senpuukyaku."

21-40: 0. Street Level+ C:1=1. Wall/Tree Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
ACT I Cont’d

Slightly put off by the fact that the stranger wasn’t cowed by its piercing golden gaze, the proud fight cock kept onto its path only focused on the outsider with the facial hair. His brazenness seen as an affront to the peacocks pride. An affront that he rationalized in his bestial mind that could not be overlooked

Seeing their fellow flock member appear as if he was going to snuff out or scare off the unknown human. The rest of the flock went back to gorging themselves on the luscious greenery that they found themselves surrounded by. The grass was exceptionally crisp and refreshing this time of the morning, the natural fogginess of the island kept the vegetation supple and hydrated year round. The mornings especially so, it was mostly the reason that they made the trip down the mountain everyday…well that and the opportunity to sunbathe to their liking

The bearded man walked over to the peacock, holding it's gaze. Once he was close enough. He went on the attack without warning. He leaped and performed a spinning roundhouse kick aimed at the wild animal's skull.

"Senpuukyaku."
Seeing the attack coming and reacting were two different things for the flightless bird, it saw Katsumis foot carving a path through the wind for its head. But the humans speed combined with how fast the peacock himself was jogging made it too difficult to react and set up a defense in time. The end result was Katsumi planting his foot into the left side of its cranium, violently snapping the creatures head to the side. The impact sent the fighting peacock careening off his original course and crashing into the grass fields that now made their battlegrounds. Now struggling back to its feet, the lack of hands doing the avian no favors at the moment. It let out and irritated growl from its throat. Non plussed about the man’s defiance

Seeing that he went another pushover like the ones before. The peacock back to it’s full height, started circling Katsumi. Looking for a weak point to engage, much more cautious on this go around

@Mr. Anderson

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Fog Hill of the Five Elements #4
@Fly God

Katsumi's senpuukyaku struck the majestic beast on the left side of it's skull, sending it careening into the grassy plains. It struggled back to it's feet, releasing a growl from it's throat. It was less than pleased about getting sent flying.

"You're tough.'

Returning back to it's full height, it began circling Katsumi, prodding for any weaknesses. However he didn't allow it to do that for long. He advanced towards the peacock, closing the distance. Raising his leg higher than the it's head, he pulls it down quickly, intending to strike it's head, shoulders and beak in one fell swoop.

21-40: 0. Street Level+ C:1=1. Wall/Tree Level

"Now, Axe Kick!"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Whoosh! Katsumis leg cut through the morning air, speeding towards the peacocks neck. The suddenness of his movements caught the flightless bird off guard, those who had come to their peaceful little island before were weak jobbers. Nothing for them to take serious. Katsumi did not fit the bill of this though, his axe kick striking home and snapping the birds neck and spine faster than it has thought it would come

The bones in its neck severed, it crumpled onto the floor in an uncomfortable heap. I’d had no use over its limbs anymore, it couldn’t even move its head around on its own. Their it lay, it’s wings and taloned feet spasming uncontrollably for a few gruesome seconds. Mere gurgling sounds escaping it’s maw

Slowly the clouds above rolled by, momentarily blocking out the sun. As if the heavens wanted to Brock out the violent sight that was before it. As assuredly though, the sun made its appearance from behind the clouds and bathed the plains in its benevolent rays once more warming the cooling paralyzed corpse of the fighting peacock. 50 meters back where the peacock had come from, 3 more peacocks from the same flock whom we’re watching the fight take place shot up. The surprise evident on their visages. Never did they think that a random outsider would take down one of their own…let alone so quickly and brutally

Done with preening they were, the birds called out to their fallen comrade “May awe” “may awe” “may awe”. They called out, only to receive no response back. Getting each others attention, the three peacocks charged at Katsumis current locations, their eyes burned in anger only retribution for their friend on their minds, as the distance between them closed the lead cock leapt into the air targeting Katsumi with a drop kick aimed at his head. Simultaneously the other two split off to the right and left attempting to catch the intruder in a pincer maneuver. The man had shown how dangerous he was, as such they would show no mercy to him……

@Mr. Anderson

Top Bottom