Not Planned Hopping onto a new era - Bringing Discord into play pt. 1

Hella Rej, I sign this idea and I am willing to support it!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:datea: yo kids Daddy Reji back with another supreme idea, that came out of the recent thread and can be discussed seperately

Again, I am bringing the idea, which imho is the supremest idea ever dropped on this forum, but I can't turn it into reality even if I would like to do so, why?
Because this has to be done by spoiler reader and those fellows that like to work around it. Also this should be in the hands of a current mod or a patreon. Not a bratty person.

The main Idea is simple: Hopping on the Discord wave and focussing on exploiting the growing popularity of Discord.

TB has already a Discord Server but it is unattractive and too personal (yes there is too much focus on private talk) to attract normal fans of ToHs.
So what I propose is the FIRST BIG STEP of a BIGGER SHEME:
The opening, managing and advertising of a One Piece AND Mha SPOILER DISCUSSION RELATED DISCORD.

I think this will attract TB's current spoiler readers and possibly some new One Piece and MHA spoiler fans.
The importance here is to cooperate with general smaller anime communities and advertise it to leech new spoiler readers from other communities.

The good thing about Discord is that people won't shit down on this illegal discussions happening there basically. Because it is free to human and Discord won't busy themselves prohibiting spoiler discussions ever.

The base concept can grow and vice versa it will attract people to the name "Thriller Bark". Advertising the forum itself in a spoiler subcommunity.

You can strike this idea together with the idea of expanding creative, manga, anime and webtoon sections and adding new spoiler anime into the mix.
:datea:
this idea holds no con other than that you have to invest energy/money into a new discord, one with a goal, not like the TB discord currently

if enough people sign this, add their ideas and if someone stands up for doing this (at the best a mod), then you guys get my plusses and my dineros for new projects

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Its like dropping the TB forum and creating therefore a TB-Reddit subspace :tmm:
or it's to keep one's options open and play the cards safe + exploiting an important factor of newly growing anime and manga communities

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:datea: yo kids Daddy Reji back with another supreme idea, that came out of the recent thread and can be discussed seperately

Again, I am bringing the idea, which imho is the supremest idea ever dropped on this forum, but I can't turn it into reality even if I would like to do so, why?
Because this has to be done by spoiler reader and those fellows that like to work around it. Also this should be in the hands of a current mod or a patreon. Not a bratty person.

The main Idea is simple: Hopping on the Discord wave and focussing on exploiting the growing popularity of Discord.

TB has already a Discord Server but it is unattractive and too personal (yes there is too much focus on private talk) to attract normal fans of ToHs.
So what I propose is the FIRST BIG STEP of a BIGGER SHEME:
The opening, managing and advertising of a One Piece AND Mha SPOILER DISCUSSION RELATED DISCORD.

I think this will attract TB's current spoiler readers and possibly some new One Piece and MHA spoiler fans.
The importance here is to cooperate with general smaller anime communities and advertise it to leech new spoiler readers from other communities.

The good thing about Discord is that people won't shit down on this illegal discussions happening there basically. Because it is free to human and Discord won't busy themselves prohibiting spoiler discussions ever.

The base concept can grow and vice versa it will attract people to the name "Thriller Bark". Advertising the forum itself in a spoiler subcommunity.

You can strike this idea together with the idea of expanding creative, manga, anime and webtoon sections and adding new spoiler anime into the mix.
:datea:
this idea holds no con other than that you have to invest energy/money into a new discord, one with a goal, not like the TB discord currently

if enough people sign this, add their ideas and if someone stands up for doing this (at the best a mod), then you guys get my plusses and my dineros for new projects
I am all for it... I didn't even know there was currently a discord for TB...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Discord is like a chatroom, right?
In that case i can't follow you there. That would make communication much too instant and direct. The only reason i can even talk to you right now is because the forum system allows for a certain distance between me and all of you.
If discord works like i think it does my social anxiety would kill me if i tried using it, while my curiosity will do its best to steer me onto that siren's rock.
If it were up to me all interhuman communication should happen via pigeons, with handwritten letters, and we also train eagles and falcons to hunt these pigeons. ("What? You didn't get a message from me? The pigeon must have been eaten.") Everyone who gets caught directly talking to someone, TO THEIR FACE!!!, will be arrested immediately a week later, and after their execution their biomass will be converted to pigeonfeed.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Discord is like a chatroom, right?
In that case i can't follow you there. That would make communication much too instant and direct. The only reason i can even talk to you right now is because the forum system allows for a certain distance between me and all of you.
If discord works like i think it does my social anxiety would kill me if i tried using it
I'm not going to tell you again, stop being so relatable.

Deleted member 36

Based on my experience at AB, OPB and ES forums, most Discord users are not interested in posting on a forum. Conversely forum users migrated to the Discord and stopped posting on the forum. This happened because Discord is a superior means of communication. So this plan has a high chance of backfiring and should only be implemented after a lot of discussion and consideration.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Based on my experience at AB, *** and ES forums, most Discord users are not interested in posting on a forum. Conversely forum users migrated to the Discord and stopped posting on the forum. This happened because Discord is a superior means of communication. So this plan has a high chance of backfiring and should only be implemented after a lot of discussion and consideration.
I'll be the first to say i am the sole opposite of this, i dislike Discord and prefer forum communication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom