Powers & Abilities Luffy's upcomming new form/ improved fighting style in Wano!

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Based on Luffy's training progression of chapter 955, we can safely assume that Luffy will make new progress if it comes to his fighting capabilities, as in every arc previously.
Since the New World, Luffy has focussed on developing his Haki and his Gear 4 form(s).
Will it end now? What will be new?

Here you discuss and speculate about Luffy's future fighting techniques!

Let me go ahead:
I think Luffy will adapt his Gear 4th techniques to apply Ryou and become more impactful and more variable.
At the best a new and final Gear 4th form might result out of it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy mastering ryou could do his attacks in all forms of G4 more "compact". Making his attacks more compact, he could improve his movility on the battlefield, velocity to give & back punches due to a minor distance between attacks with ryou as an extension of them. And obviously more power too.

I still waiting for a G5 and an awakening though (maybe both the same combination).

Just say that Luffy is a brawler and always will be that way, is the luffy way.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy mastering ryou could do his attacks in all forms of G4 more "compact". Making his attacks more compact, he could improve his movility on the battlefield, velocity to give & back punches due to a minor distance between attacks with ryou as an extension of them. And obviously more power too.

I still waiting for a G5 and an awakening though (maybe both the same combination).

Just say that Luffy is a brawler and always will be that way, is the luffy way.
here is what i think, Luffy most destructive form will be on G4 moves (there is no move with bigger AoE than King Kong mode (maybe in the future, there will be King Kong Bazooka, or even Gatling)) while his G5 will represent G2, but much much stronger and much faster.

in G5 he will still inflate muscle but with compact look like lucci compact form on water seven, but the blood pumped is much2 faster in G5 making luffy one of the fastest character in one piece (compact inflated muscle+extreme blood pump), the raw power will still lower than 4, but combined with ryouu, his attack more focused and more deadly rather than an AoE attack like G4.

and in G5 will be his coolest looking form

and for awakening, i think it will be awaken before last battle in one piece series.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
G2 AP being strong as pre-wano G3 level AP still not be enough to fight Kaido... Luffy needs more than that, his base, G2 and G3 should be strong enough to stall Kaido if he can't he still gonna get the treatment as before... probably 2-shot if not one shot

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He needs to use advanced CoA and advanced/future sight CoO to dramatically improve his base strength, G2 and G3. Once he powers those up, he'll be able to get a lot stronger on G4 and probably make a new G4 variant powerful enough to fight a Yonko

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oni/Buffalo/Ox Man - basically a combo of Gear 4 and Tank Man in a way. Luffy sports a humongous potbelly plus his hair stretches out to provide extra protection in the form of a rubber afro for his skull ( no more fight-ending headshots from Kaido ).

Luffy initially finds it difficult switching between defense and offense w/ regards to Ryuou, so he basically depends on his extra “padding” to weather hits while using his oversized palms/forearms to engage Kaido in a Ryou sumo-slapfest akin to his duel w/Urashima.

This form coincidentally bears a striking similarity to Oars and his ilk.

Bonus: his rubber afro allows him to replicate the Minks’ electro.

New techniques:

Ox bell - Electric headbutt

Ox Bomber - upon finally Awakening his devil fruit, Luffy repearedly rebounds off rubberized surfaces, building momentum before unleashing an inflated electric clothesline pro-wrestling style. Luffy’s tribute to Bellamy, Katakuri, the Rock, and Buffalo Man from the classic Kinnikuman Wrestling manga.
[automerge]1568939499[/automerge]
Eos: Luffy basically learns the Buddha Palm technique, mastering his Ryuou to the point he can replicate the shockwave abilities of guys like Kuma, Sengoku...can be used in conjunction with his eventually mastery of Life Return and Rokuogan to absorb, redirect, and amplify the full blunt physical force of an opponent’s attacks.

All without having to rely on the powers of his devil fruit.

Also, his Life Return/ Sage-level Haki Mastery allows him to transform his past incarnation upon his enlightment post-Raftel - Oars. That's right, Luffy the Monkey King is the reincarnation of Oars the Ox King. It's a Tao Yin/Yang kinda thang.

Oars = world's first Sage and explorer; he's a demon/devil/Satan and Buddha/Jesus/monk in one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He needs to use advanced CoA and advanced/future sight CoO to dramatically improve his base strength, G2 and G3. Once he powers those up, he'll be able to get a lot stronger on G4 and probably make a new G4 variant powerful enough to fight a Yonko
He needs to increase his base physical strength with training. Like he did in Wano, Udon using Seastone. Stronger base means stronger Gears.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I personally think Luffy's new form of haki will allow him to master gear 4th. This includes Luffy switching forms while gear 4th is still active making it more versatile. For example if Luffy needs to tank a major attack he can immediately switch from snake man to tankman since snakeman is for speed. Other than this I think a new gear is more likely than a new form of gear 4th since Luffy covered every aspect a fighter like him needs with gear 4th.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Plot is moving so fast , so expect some major development.
Ryu will enhance his offence , and also will help him to maintain his G4 for longer time period.
As law have mentioned , Luffy was wasting his CoA too much in G4 form..
With current technique , he will maintain that form for longer period , and also will get ride of that ridiculous side effect..
It's the same as when he used G3 against CP9 and turned into Dwarf..

And now I'm pretty confident that will awaken his DF before endgame...
He have his DF since childhood , and constantly challenging strong opponents..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Is Kong gun from an imperfect Flowing Haki move really equal or near the force from a normal King Kong gun?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Is Kong gun from an imperfect Flowing Haki move really equal or near the force from a normal King Kong gun?
Yeah it looks like he put the power of KKG in a Kong gun
I'm still waiting for G4 King Kong set.
If G4= G2
Then G4 King Kong set= G3

Top Bottom