Event Marco the Phoenix

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Just from the momentum alone, he had gotten up and close against Vista. The Swords would collide creating friction with sparks flying with tension in the air of the heated exchange between Link and Vista.

"What do I have to do to put this guy down?" he thought with the attacks colliding from earlier and now they were at a standstill with two bulls squaring off with not one budging. But that wasn't the problem that was ringing in the young man's head but more concern over him running out of fuel. "I feel like I've used far too much energy not just against this guy but the one prior too, even with him and this guy the situation is the same"

Just like when fighting Kingdew, Link was able to pick up that no matter what he did he was just destroying the environment around them and not doing much against either foe. But this realisation would only come with his arms stiffening trying to put his all into the attack only being thwarted with an attack that would rival it in power.

He would here then use the attack and push himself back, not enjoying the situation that was before him but his stomach felt odd like he had gotten butterflies. For any swordsman, it was to fight against much stronger ones to prove yourself after all every swordsman or woman has pride within themselves to get stronger and be recognised amongst your peers and those above you.

Though all of this got flushed down the drain when he could barely recognise something from the corner of his eye, it was something aimed at the opposition and something that hurt him. "Tcchh who would dare to interrupt a fight between swordsman?" is all he could ponder until he could overhear the direction of which footsteps were coming from with the crunching of the soil beneath.

Right now he couldn't be picky but he had to use the given chance for a surprise attack, he begun by coating his arm then his sword with haki, with the other he sheathed and placed to his side. He then blitzed to Vista as he got closer he kicked off the ground with one sword he raised horizontally above him as he proceeded to swing the sword downwards with him yelling "Sorry I have no choice, Blinding Rage!" with the Rage word coming out as if he snarled with disgust.

Blinding Rage: Link consumes himself in bloodlust, stanced and ready to strike. As he's submerged with rage he then blitzes himself at his target unsheathing his sword ready to strike and kill them.
(requires 81 strength, 81 mastery) - DPR: S

Base Tier = Large Building Level
Blinding Rage = +4 = Mountain Level
+2 Hardening = Small Country Level

@Gambit @Larsi @Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Gambit felt once more that his two cards impaled through and through, from belly upto to the chin and finally, cutting his face open! As this went by, he saw Link wanting to deliver yet another blow but the prince was fast enough to end the ordeal. He grabbed the beautiful enemy sowrdsman by his throat and threw him sideways away from the incoming slash from his comrade. "It's enough!" He said as he tried to clash his metal card against the blade of his friend by swinging it upwards. "Let's get to Larsi, my friend. But at this point, I don't think he needs some more assistance from us. I also beginning to tire up."

@Oreki

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"......You know I actually want to know. Why do I have to fight someone like you?" He gave a sarcastic smile while tossing out these words. Both of them were standing their ground. Their clash broke apart the stone in their surroundings and ripped up the earth. The deeper the fight went, the clearer and clearer for Marco to spot the signs of the overwhelming violence; he had been a pirate for almost all his life, but never once did he fight to someone to this extreme. Following which, through the fragments of debris, Marco saw it in the revealed destruction. The sign of his possible defeat today. His chances of victory destroyed little by little.

Looking around, Marco gritted his teeth. He felt very frustrated for not being able to save any of his comrades. He was facing a strong opponent and yet his concentration on his friends for a brief moment could have proved fatal; it made him all the more uneasy. The wind settled down as the impact of the last attack mixed in it. Marco was definitely not a fighter excelling in seeking for the opponent, and depending on the circumstances, an opponent would likely find him first if he was rambling about. It is hard to think that any enemy could pounce straightforwardly when high-level close combat occurring, but still, right then, a well-timed surprise attack was coming in his direction. In a time like this Marco was really thankful for his mastery over observation Haki that allowed him to sense the presence of an upcoming attack. Marco quickly flipped backward and avoided the card attack in time.

"You all sure are a real pain in the ass!" Since now he knew his enemy was fighting with the intention of killing him, Marco did not need to grant him any mercy. He with his right hand stretched out whilst tightening his fist as his feathers of the Pheonix form erupt around. From the strength of the feet on the ground, it was possible to instantaneously release a burst of power in the fist. To an expert in this experience, the power of the arm was insignificant in comparison to the power of the whole body. Marco was planning to slam a thunderous punch into the Larsi and strike simply by virtue of the force coming from the outside of the arm as his sharp feathers of Pheonix form launches afterward like laser barrage. "Aa, aaaaa, aaaaaaahhhhhhh! AAAAAAHHHH!!" Whilst letting out a deranged scream, just then Marco launched himself towards Larsi with the speed far exceeding the limit of a human, it was as if he was moving with the speed of light. Marco threw a punch just as he was close to Larsi.

Sin Inferno thunder slam
(S: 91 strength, 91 mastery, 120 Movement. +1 of Haki)
With this final attack, Marco no longer has the stamina or durability to fight. I will end this in my next post.
Larsi was not in the mood or situation to waste his breath to respond to the idle banter, simply focusing on trying to survive the next attack. It was clear to him although the other man was faster, he would not last much longer, all the giant had to do was survive. Sliding backwards from the force of the explosion he came to a halt after a couple seconds. Drawing a deep breath, he locked his eyes on his foe as the dust settled around the two of them, along with a brief moment of silence.

Then the silence was broken as a card flew through the air, causing the man to have to dodge it. Smiling, knowing his men were doing alright, Larsi slid his left leg forward, arms raised, ready to face the other man. However, he also called out to Gambit, wherever he was.
Be careful, this isn't someone you can handle, keep your distance. Just at that moment Marco decided to attack, and boy was it an attack. All Larsi had time to do was encase his entire body in hardening, causing all of his body to turn black at a moment's notice. Then, it happened. The punch connected, boring into his gut, sending all air out of the giant's lungs, along with blood spray. Flying backwards, it took several seconds for him to crash into the ground dozens of meters away, bouncing on the debris he created in his wake, sliding to a halt on his back, embedded into the ground. A groan escaped his mouth, followed by more blood sputtered. Wait, he's still alive- Sending vibrations throughout his body, Larsi once more felt the familiar feeling of his body going into shock, however this time it was not mainly to make his reflexes and speed faster, it was to push back the pain, his entire body numbing in waves.

Pushing himself free of the ground, Larsi rose to wobbling feet, standing still for a moment before seeking out his foe. In the distance he vaguely was able to make out the blue flames, his eyes not clearly being able to make out details at the moment. Still, he charged forwards, missing the occasional step, yet managing to keep on his feet. His hand once more became encased in a pulsating energy force.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vista

In the beginning, Vista didn't realize what he was feeling. Even he didn't know whether his current feelings were sadness or regret. All he felt was an emptiness as if he was drained to the core. He could no longer tell what was happening in his surroundings, he could no longer command his body, he could no longer find salvation, he could no longer care about anything concerning himself, there was no longer present in his consciousness. No matter what he had lost, this would at least let him rest in peace.

Marco's Downfall
Pushing himself free of the ground, Larsi rose to wobbling feet, standing still for a moment before seeking out his foe. In the distance he vaguely was able to make out the blue flames, his eyes not clearly being able to make out details at the moment. Still, he charged forwards, missing the occasional step, yet managing to keep on his feet. His hand once more became encased in a pulsating energy force.
"Impressive. You're even stronger than I have ever imagined." He let out an obnoxious, amused laugh. "As you can see that I am not in the shape of fighting. I have expended all of my stamina, I lost the use of one arm and I'm in no condition to use my devil fruit power. Sad to say, that was the most powerful attack I had in my arsenal. But enough about that, Now kill me and be done with it."

Not being able to save his loved one was the result of himself of being weak. Was there a more disgraceful way to die? Even then, his heart was strangely peaceful. He was starting to feel the pain in his body gradually subsiding. It was a funny feeling. The fact that he was able to muster out all his strength to fight his enemy was probably the cause of it.

While smiling he looked up at the clouds covered by darkness as if telling him that rain will fall soon. At the end with a deep breath, "I'm.... so.... sorry.... pops...I...failed you!" Though he was to the point where he almost could not speak, still with a hazy consciousness, he without any purpose stretched out his hand. I guess I'll meet you. He simply thought that in his final moment. And so his consciousness disappeared, and the raised hand fell onto the ground.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
No Mercy

"Impressive. You're even stronger than I have ever imagined." He let out an obnoxious, amused laugh. "As you can see that I am not in the shape of fighting. I have expended all of my stamina, I lost the use of one arm and I'm in no condition to use my devil fruit power. Sad to say, that was the most powerful attack I had in my arsenal. But enough about that, Now kill me and be done with it."

Not being able to save his loved one was the result of himself of being weak. Was there a more disgraceful way to die? Even then, his heart was strangely peaceful. He was starting to feel the pain in his body gradually subsiding. It was a funny feeling. The fact that he was able to muster out all his strength to fight his enemy was probably the cause of it.

While smiling he looked up at the clouds covered by darkness as if telling him that rain will fall soon. At the end with a deep breath, "I'm.... so.... sorry.... pops...I...failed you!" Though he was to the point where he almost could not speak, still with a hazy consciousness, he without any purpose stretched out his hand. I guess I'll meet you. He simply thought that in his final moment. And so his consciousness disappeared, and the raised hand fell onto the ground.
Right foot. Left Foot. Right foot.

Ahead of him, the blue flames that had burned as brightly as a sun only moments ago were receding more and more, making it more and more apparent that the day was coming to an end, the sun going down, and with it another bright light would fade forever. Gritting his teeth, Larsi took one step at a time, the light in his hand a strong contrast to that of the man on the ground before him. His fist glowed with an ever increasing light, soon it would be too strong to look at directly without fear of being blinded. His clothing ragged, armor barely clinging to his body, blood staining several parts of his body, both his own and that of his foe, Silver Hair was not in a position that he would take any chances. He would not fall victim to a trap. If what was happening before him was not a trick, well at least he would put a wounded bird out of its misery.

Left foot. Right foot. Left foot.

The giant let out a cough, ignoring the red liquid that flew through the air, falling to the ground, painting it a darker hue than it already was. He was nearly there.

Right foot. Left foot.

He could see Marco clearly now. The flames were nearly gone. He could see that this was most likely not a trick. Though who knows how quick this man could heal? Hopefully not as quick as he could move.

Right foot. Left fo- Strike!

Mid step he spun his body quickly, throwing his fist, pulsating light and all, towards the slumped shape on the ground before him. For a moment it seemed to Larsi as if time slowed down, though it was probably just a trick of his mind. He found himself speaking some words, unsure why.
Your gift will not go unused. Then, his fist connected with the lower portion of Marco's face and his chest, the energy for a moment enveloping the dying man. The explosion followed just after, unleashed destruction focused on the man's head, neck and chest. Bones shattered, organs burst and veins snapped as he was slammed to the ground, which in turn was pulverized, sending the body that now only somewhat resembled a human being down into the earth. Around, the earth would start to crumble, burying the phoenix man.

Larsi stood up as the earth around the deep hole started to collapse in on itself. His hand found the thing inside one of his intact pcokets, having been afraid it was squashed. Somehow, through all the mess he had been through, the apple had survived. He pulled it out just as its color changed to blue, a pattern of flames wrapping around it. With a smile, he looked down at the corpse, slowly being buried.
Thank you. Sending a mass of smaller vibrations throughout his body, out from his feet and into the ground, he caused the ground to crumble even further, burying him fully. With a final nod of respect to the dead man, Larsi turned away, carrying the fruit of their labor.

-Kabutowari (兜割 Kabutowari?, literally meaning "Helmet Break"): Larsi focuses his great power into a small, spherical area, otherwise known as a hypocenter, to perform a concentrated, explosion-like attack with his fist.
Damage scales on devil fruits mastery.
(100 mastery, 71 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: S+

-Funsai-ki (粉砕機 Funsai-ki, literally meaning "Pulverizer"): Focusing energy into either his fist or leg, Larsi sends many smaller vibrations into the ground. Depending on the force used, it softens the ground to different degrees. Either so soft that both he and anyone else sinks, or less soft so that his large feet keeps him from sinking, but smaller people sink.
Damage scales on devil fruits mastery.
(31 mastery, 11 Strength) Destructive Potency Rank: D

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Changing font for the final part
General Narration / Link Point-of-View
"Speech"
'Thinking'
{Flashback}
Action / Attack
In the beginning, Vista didn't realize what he was feeling. Even he didn't know whether his current feelings were sadness or regret. All he felt was an emptiness as if he was drained to the core. He could no longer tell what was happening in his surroundings, he could no longer command his body, he could no longer find salvation, he could no longer care about anything concerning himself, there was no longer present in his consciousness. No matter what he had lost, this would at least let him rest in peace.
"It's enough!" He said as he tried to clash his metal card against the blade of his friend by swinging it upwards. "Let's get to Larsi, my friend. But at this point, I don't think he needs some more assistance from us. I also beginning to tire up."
I would stare at the man honoring his pride at the last minute, I'd cradle down closing my paying my respect 'You was a worthy adversary, though I wish I could meet you again someday or someplace'. I would close my eyes for a second paying the swordsman his respect the voice of Gambit would ring through my ear, resulting in my eyes opening up. I would then turn around unsheathing my sword and nodding to him "Let's hurry up" I would reply.

'Hope the captain is okay' i would think as I stretched getting ready to pursuit where the captain was to provide aide.

However, he also called out to Gambit, wherever he was. Be careful, this isn't someone you can handle, keep your distance.
bouncing on the debris he created in his wake, sliding to a halt on his back, embedded into the ground.
It wouldn't take long a familiar sound echoed resonating out like a wave, it was the voice of the captain that echoed though as the echoed came the ground beneath rattled right after. "Tcchh" ... 'This is the captain's devil fruit'

I would wince shutting my eye hoping it would go away, that is something I would have done but for the first time, I stood firmly though I had a look of sorrow as I gaze downwards, seeing grass rustle with the gale of wind brushing through. It would ripple outwards like a wave.

I'd heed my captains' earlier words but curiosity would get the better of me wanting to take a peek at who could go toe to toe with the captain. The tremors and gales of winds with the voices would stop ominously. I would look to my left and right then proceed to head forward with my curiosity pushing me further. My hunch would soon be what I would have thought of as of that moment, it was none other than Marco. 'First, there was Kingdew then someone else and then later Vista, so likely there was likely none other than Marco'

I would gaze at the captain's direction "Hey cap, you okay?"

@Larsi

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Gambit and Link stared at each other as the younger pirate acknowledged the prince's truce. He nodded and gestured to head to where Larsi was at. And as they dashed forth, they were somehow pushed back with the enromous shockwave that ramified from the epicenter of the shake, their captain delivered a massive intangible real estate of catastrophe to the fallen body of Marco. A pirate that neither Link nor Gambit was able to see in his mint and perfect posture.. The man is dead! "Link, look at captain. He has the fruit!"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Link, look at captain. He has the fruit!"
I would briefly look over my shoulder hearing Gambit say that the captain was holding the DF.

I would then pan my head to the direction of the fallen pirate, who would lay there lifeless as I would close my eyes to pay my respect to the man. I would then turn my gaze back to the DF, the fruit looked like a pineapple with strange-looking swirls.

'So this is a Devil Fruit, huh?' followed with a sigh.

@Larsi

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Gambit and Link walked ast the woods and entered the arena of two legends. A fallen phoenix and a destruction god. The younger blonde pirate gazed upon the fruit and paid respect to the dead Marco.

Gambit smiled knowing that his buddy would finallly reached his goals. "What are you gonna do now, eh?"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cover Story: "May fortune be with you"
We see Akuma, Vanya, and Law overlooking Link from the clouds as he walks onwards through a grassy terrain.
"Ahoy me Hearties - Silver Hair Pirates Edition!"
We get a color spread of the entire Silver Hair Pirates (players only with x2 NPC's being Musashi and Koujiro) all raising a glass before they dig in for the party.
Larsi, Minuano, Eve, Drago, Sigmund, Link, Landayan, Dango, Strawhatter, Guan, Musashi (NPC) and Kujiro (NPC)

"What are you gonna do now, eh?"
I would look back at him with a cheeky smirk followed with "How about we see what kind of food and alcohol is available, so we can party right? Like what kind of adventure we on don't end in a party eh"

We then cue a flashforward of sequences (panels) of the Silver Hair Pirate members who were on board the ship to enter the island. They would venture into the remains of the WB pirates finding what they could use for the party as others would hunt and fish for the party to come. In a few hours, they would scavenge barrels of alcohol enough to get everyone on board the ship drunk. We see some panels of Larsi being tended to heal from any wounds he had taken as well as myself and Landayan.

Another flashforward of just hours before sunset with fire with tables set up with food laid out on them a toast would be done by the captain who would stand up holding a cup full of alcohol and say his speech before telling us to dig in.

Ever since I stepped onto the island I had something I wanted to get off my chest but now would be the time get it over and done with. I hesitated feeling an urge of discomfort like it would be trying to prevent me.

"Am I going to fight or take flight?" would be ringing until I rose and made my way in front of the captain. As I finally made my way to the captain who would be drinking would turn to me as I would gulp then say "Cap can I have a word?"

For some reason or another, I would begin to monologue of the adventure since arriving on this island. Which would begin after my confrontation with Kingdew my clash with him and Vista, and how it was dis-honoring the way of the swordsman. As a swordsman, I feel like I no longer deserve to be a member of the Silver Hair Pirates. As in both clashes, no swordsman should ever rely on rage. Rage being reminiscent of a double-sided sword, it is a sign of beauty in terms of being an advantage to the user but also a disadvantage that it brings with it. That making me unguarded and as that it makes me feel like I am a throwaway.

"Kingdew and Vista, two of WB Pirates remnants both members I could do nothing but give in to my rage yet all I could do was hold them off. That would be my fate, yet in my duel with Vista if Landayan never assisted and was the one who took him out. I feel on this island would be my grave." where my voice would break gulping as I knew what I would be asking wasn't an easy task. I would sigh before I would speak again momentarily keeping my emotions of leaking.

"For this alone, I no longer know my purpose within the crew. I feel like I would just be in the way and be nothing more. For that, after we leave in the morning I would ask to set me off on an island along the way. So I can find myself and find my true purpose. I humbly request and thank you." I would bow my head castrating in front of the captain with tears streaming down.

Following some tears, we enter an off-panel then head back to the party going on into the day as all the food was eaten and all the alcohol was finished too.

The rest being off paneled until the morning.

~ Prologue ~​

Like requested Link would leave the ship not without tears and hugging, hi-fiving, fist-bumping members of the crew. I would leave the ship ready to finally find my true purpose with a final symbol with me raising my arm (similar to how the SH pirates did with Vivi) then shout out "I'll see you guys soon" before diverting my attention to Gambit raising my fist with my thumb up (y) in a friend type gesture.

I would then venture out upon the grassy terrain with the Silver Hair Pirate ship slowly going away in the distance as I would look around seeing it go into the sun. I would then sigh before licking the tip of my index finger and waiting for the wind to show me where it would blow. To my shock, my finger would engulf in blue flame.

"NAANNNNII !?"

~ THE END! ~​

Thank you for hosting @joby @Handsome @Oreki and again thank you @Larsi for this event and thank you @Papa Rak and @Gambit for being a part of this.

Top Bottom