Spoilers One Piece - 1010 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Has Oda confirmed this?
Otherwise, this is just an opinion, a fan theory, not a "factual truth".
You can't cut iron without haki, it's a fact from manga. Should I bring the panels or we can at least agree on this?
Nope, we still don't know whether the old Ashura was a CoC attack. Therefore, it's just another opinion, not a fact.

So you said this.
This is why I said that I have to be careful since we don't really know what happened. I spiceficly pointed out this might and up being wrong but you keep bringing this up because you have nothing to prove me wrong.
Then went on by saying this.
This entire thing started when I said that Zoro is Oda's favorite. That's it, that's the debate here. When it comes to power scaling I agree with you whatever take you take. I don't care about power scaling and never did. The only problem I had and still have, is that Zoro and Killer fought against Kaido since it goes against Luffy, Kid and Law's character. But whatever...
So? Luffy has FS, maybe he saw that Zoro would respond to the arrow, so Luffy let Zoro did his thing.
That, proves my point. Even if Luffy could do it Oda chose Zoro instead lol.
I guess you don't understand how conqueror's haki works.
And you don't know Zoro that well.
Zoro has always been the guy who WILL CLEARLY shows off MURDEROUS intent in specific scenarios.
The best example was in Sabaody when he almost murdered that ugly MF Celestian Dragon, Charlos.
And Apoo noticed his "bloodlust" and called Zoro "a beast".
Apoo never called Kid a beast even though Kid has way more bloodlust. Queen also didn't take Kid seriously while at the same time he was scared of Zoro.
Both Luffy and Zoro eventually scared off Kaido-BM
Luffy impressed and Zoro scared, there's a difference.
But Zoro? Kaido-BM never faced Zoro prior to this.
Yeah, I wonder why... 🤔
Luffy talked big about defeating BM in Fishman Island, but he went to Cake Island and didn't manage to conquer her.
BM even mocked Luffy when he was running away.
Luffy also talked smack about being the PK in front of Kaido, until Kaido went on to 1-shot Luffy.
Dispite the fact that he promised his own crew and Fujitora that he will never run away. Haha...
Kaido went hybrid partly because of Luffy and he started dodging Luffy's attacks.
BM was scared when Luffy managed to land so many hits against Kaido.
Kaido went hybrid because Oda wanted him to go hybrid against the supernovas. Kaido didn't go hybrid even against Big Mom and Oden, just like Luffy didn't use advanced haki until the fight against Kaido. Hell, even Jack was defeated in his regular zoan for because Oda didn't want to reveal it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You can't cut iron without haki, it's a fact from manga. Should I bring the panels or we can at least agree on this?
Haki wasn't even established way back then until Sabaody.
And even if Zoro has indeed unlocked CoA that early, that doesn't immediately make him "special" to me because he couldn't use it conciously.
Otherwise, he would've done damage against Aokiji when they first met each other.
Not to mention he still needed Mihawk to teach him about haki and black blade post-timeskip.

This is why I said that I have to be careful since we don't really know what happened. I spiceficly pointed out this might and up being wrong but you keep bringing this up because you have nothing to prove me wrong.
I brought it up because you yourself have proved yourself wrong by saying that statement.
You keep contradicting yourself by saying "truth" while you are still unsure about what happened.

This entire thing started when I said that Zoro is Oda's favorite.
This entire thing started when you said that Zoro is Oda's favorite, AND it's "hurting" Luffy's character, AND "Luffy is pathetic".

When it comes to power scaling I agree with you whatever take you take. I don't care about power scaling and never did.
But you do.
This is what you said weeks ago. Don't even try to edit the post.
Luffy is looking so pathetic right now, like honestly... 😒 Luffy vs Doffy, Cracker, Katakuri=future sight; Luffy vs Kaido, Udon, Big Mom=advanced armament haki, and he still has less attack power than Zoro. 😂😂😂

Zoro, the guy who didn't struggle in new world whatsoever; the guy who didn't go all out even ones since time-skip; the guy who didn't fight even one YC is stronger than Luffy. Dude Luffy is so fu*king pathetic, jeez...
Throughout Wano Oda has been portraying Zoro stronger than Luffy. Like come on man, how much do you like Zoro!? It's disgusting how much Oda is fanboying over Zoro and how ridiculously pathetic Luffy looks like right now. He wants to become PK but he can't defeat the Emperors and relies on Zoro's strength. Oh my gooood, dude stop. Luffy will never become the PK he will just steal the title from others. I feel like I've wasted all this time reading one piece.
Everyone in this forum already had a long argument about this. I'll try to not get into that.
But the point is, according to you, Luffy MUST BE POTRAYED AS STRONGER than Zoro. Otherwise, he's PATHETIC and DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE PK.

Then you went on saying YOU FELT LIKE YOU'VE WASTED ALL YOUR TIME READING ONE PIECE just because of that.
sigh...why are we even talking?

You CONCIOUSLY CHOSE TO IGNORE Luffy's power-level related feats,
CLAIMED
that YOU DON'T CARE about POWER-LEVEL,
yet you're COMPLAINING about him being "PATHETIC" because of power-level related reasons.
That's what pissed me off the most. It's contradictive and unfair.

Yeah, because Oda definitely should not show off Zoro's capabilities in an arc where the fans expect him to shine.

Luffy reminds Kaido of Shanks, Xebec, Roger, Whitebeard, Oden.
Zoro reminds Kaido of Oden's sword. But maybe Oden.
There's a difference.

And Luffy DID scare BM and Kaido. You should re-read the chapters if you think otherwise.

Yeah, I wonder why... 🤔
I also wonder why...
Maybe because Luffy chose to go after Sanji in WCI and Zoro didn't come along.
And because everyone in Wano were supposed to be in disguise until the timing was right to launch an attack on Kaido.

Dispite the fact that he promised his own crew and Fujitora that he will never run away. Haha...
Yeah, which proves nothing except Luffy was being an idiot at times, which is part of his character.

Kaido went hybrid because Oda wanted him to go hybrid against the supernovas.
Yes, and to make that happen, the supernovas must prove that they are actually worth fighting against.
Luffy proved that by tanking, smacking, and pummeling Kaido.
Zoro almost badly injured Kaido with his Flame Dragon Blaze, and did slice Kaido up once.
Everyone else also showed off what they are capable of.
If Luffy was "being pathetic", Kaido wouldn't even dare to compare him to the likes of Roger.

For now let's just agree to disagree.
You can keep your views, contradicting opinions, and personal nitpicks. I have no rights to force you to change your views.
I'll mind my own business from now on and enjoy OP in my own way. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Haki wasn't even established way back then until Sabaody.
One could also start to discuss was it really the blood or did Luffy also manage to unlock CoA in Alabasta.

Did Luffy and Zoro show first sign of CoO on Jaya?

Also it seems like Zoro really used CoC in Sabaody, but well lvl did it on a completly different lvl on Amazon Lilly.

About Ashura we don't know if Zoro already used CoC in Eins Lobby. At least not yet.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One could also start to discuss was it really the blood or did Luffy also manage to unlock CoA in Alabasta.

Did Luffy and Zoro show first sign of CoO on Jaya?

Also it seems like Zoro really used CoC in Sabaody, but well lvl did it on a completly different lvl on Amazon Lilly.
That's a great point.
We can only speculate about everything related to pre-timeskip, especially when it comes to haki.
Because Oda himself probably hasn't established a clear rule at the time.

About Ashura we don't know if Zoro already used CoC in Eins Lobby. At least not yet.
I would like to think that he did not, but I'm not complaining if he did (I'm biased of course).
I prefer that he just unlocked CoC this chapter unconciously, so he can use it more in the future.

Because if he's required to use Ashura just to use CoC, that's not very useful.
But I understand if Oda wants to use this to put Luffy a step above him in this aspect.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I prefer that he just unlocked CoC this chapter unconciously, so he can use it more in the future.
He most likely unlocked it already on Sabaody similiar to Luffy, but not to the same extent.

About using Ashura with CoC in this chapter I doubt it is unconciously. But I think Zoro is able to use Ashura also without CoC.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wow, can't believe Kaido is confirming he used CoC in his attacks. That is an old theory of mine...I already stopped believing that the black lightning is an indication of CoC but now it seems to be confirmed(though, the spoilers could be wrong or mean something else). I didn't expect Luffy though to not have figured it out earlier when he got beaten by Kaido and reacted naturally with his CoC after being knocked out. I thought I was just wrong because it wasn't brought up and Luffy didn't seem to have trained in that area at all. Glad that he will learn it in this fight though and now haki is hopefully finally solved.

[automerge]1617735660[/automerge]
Zoro confirmed CoC user and its related to Ashura? It seems like Ashura is than part of Zoro's spirit that gets manifested. Makes actually perfect sense because its technically the exact same ability as CoC.
[automerge]1617736267[/automerge]

This entire thing started when I said that Zoro is Oda's favorite. That's it, that's the debate here. When it comes to power scaling I agree with you whatever take you take. I don't care about power scaling and never did. The only problem I had and still have, is that Zoro and Killer fought against Kaido since it goes against Luffy, Kid and Law's character. But whatever...

Apoo never called Kid a beast even though Kid has way more bloodlust. Queen also didn't take Kid seriously while at the same time he was scared of Zoro.

Yeah, I wonder why... 🤔

Kaido went hybrid because Oda wanted him to go hybrid against the supernovas. Kaido didn't go hybrid even against Big Mom and Oden, just like Luffy didn't use advanced haki until the fight against Kaido. Hell, even Jack was defeated in his regular zoan for because Oda didn't want to reveal it.
Legit, stop typing in this thread if you don't want to understand the other persons pov. Your "facts" ain't nothing but outrageous opinion(and that is intentional by you for a certain reaction you are looking for) most of the time and when you state them as facts it doesn't make anybody get something from an interaction with you. The manga hasn't stated a single time that you need haki to cut iron. Thats one of its major inconsistencies, that Zoro has to learn how to cut iron even when Luffy can just bend it with its punches from the beginning. Additionally, it was never made clear if it is required to use haki, sure its indicated but are flying slashes haki, too? It seems that way but why couldn't Zoro than hurt Enel, Aokiji and Kizaru before the time skip? It probably was red conned all into flowing armament but that doesn't mean it was consistent while it was happening our made clear in any way since then. Also, imagine name calling fictional characters like Luffy for months and than honestly saying "you are not shitting on anybody". That is some next level cognitive dissonance. Giving Zoro not even 10 chapters to shine while he hasn't shined since Thriller Bark and that means Luffy in your opinion doesn't have a right to become PK but somehow Zoro now does. This is also part of some kind sick fetish that Oda has for Zoro where he somehow loves him over anybody else, projection much? To what kind of absurd level do you want to bring the discussion? I know its fun to debate, especially when its controversial but at least be somewhat reasonable and not out there at Mars.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Any ideas what Prometheus is asking of Big Mom?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Full summary, thanks to redon from Arlong Park Forums.

Chapter 1,010: "Color of the Supreme King".

In the cover, Pudding and her homies are using eyedrops.

Zoro is cutting Prometheus into so many pieces that it can't help Big Mom. Law comments how crazy Zoro is, saying that he wouldn't be surprised if every bone in Zoro's body is already broken.

Kaidou: "Damn! That pathetic Linlin... Now I'll have to help her too!!"

Kaido attacks Zoro (calling him "Pirate Hunter") and orders him to let Prometheus go to help Big Mom. Law warps Zoro out of the way and appears right in front of Kaidou. Then he shoots his "Injection Shot" right at Kaidou's neck, making him cough up blood.

Kaidou attacks Law with his kanabou. Law uses a new technique called "Curtain" (抗菌武装 (カーテン)) to defend himself but Kaidou blows out of the way.

Kaidou: "How troublesome is your ability, Trafalgar!!"

Both Prometheus and Napoleon use this chance to jump down to save Big Mom. Zoro complains why Law helped him since it allows the homies to go help Big Mom.

Law: "Just let them go. If someone has to end up dying because of my plan, I'd prefer my plan fails."

Kid says this is more than enough already, since the goal was just to separate the 2 Yonkou from each other. Kid and Killer then run towards Big Mom's direction, saying that they will take on Big Mom themselves.

Cut to below the island. Prometheus saved Big Mom right before she hits the sea. Big Mom praises Prometheus then complains how useless Zeus is. Prometheus says Zeus has always been slow, stupid and just a burden for Big Mom.

Prometheus: "Mama, I have a request."

Cut back to Kid and Killer. They stop at the edge of Onigashima. Kid comments how there's something weird going on with the clouds...

Back to Onigashima's rooftop, Luffy is unconscious with his eyes turning white. Kaidou laughs, then says that it's just like last time. Even after passing out, Luffy wouldn't stop staring at him. Kaidou wonders whether he should crush first, if Luffy's eyes, brain or heart.

Zoro tells Law that the next attack he uses would be the last thing he can manage to do. If it doesn't work, then he's going to die so he's leaving the rest to Law.

Zoro: "Hey Kaidou! That guy is our captain.
If you wanna crush him, then crush me first!!"

Zoro draws his swords.

Zoro: "Kiki Kyuutouryuu: Ashura (Ghastly Nine Sword Style: Asura)
Bakkei Mouja no Tawamure (Drawing Sword, Playing with the Dead - 抜剣 亡者戯)!!!"

Kaido is struck by Zoro's attack with lot of blood coming out.

Kaido: "Brat... Don't tell me you have the "color of the supreme king" too!!?"

Zoro: "What the hell are you talking about... I have no idea myself..."

Then Zoro falls to the ground.

Zoro: "I gave everything for this attack. Too bad it can't manage to bring Kaidou down...!!"

Kaido: "You did more than enough. This is gonna leave a scar!!"

Kaido is about to finish off Zoro with his kanabou. Law attacks him but he and Zoro are blown away by Kaidou's "Raimei Hakke".

Kaidou: "It's such a shame. If you all come with me, we'd have taken the world together!!"

Suddenly, Kaidou hears Luffy's voice from behind him.

Luffy: "With you? We would never want to go with you. We all love "samurai", you know?"

We can see a little flashback to when Hyougorou teaches Luffy not to just force Haki out, but let it flow to his fist and into enemy's body.

Hyougorou: "Your power will bloom in the time of crisis!!"

Luffy: "My attacks were still too shallow...
But after taken you kanabou, I now understand.
"Color of the Supreme King" can be used to "cover" yourself as well!"

Kaidou: "Worororororo...!!
It's true, but only a handful of people can manage to do that!!!"

Kaidou attacks Luffy again but Luffy blocks the kanabou with his feet without even touching it. There's lot of black thunder coming out from around his feet. Luffy then jumps at Kaidou with black lighting around his fist. He then hits Kaidou's stomach and chin (without touching him) until Kaidou hits the ground.

Law: "They aren't even touching...!!" (He uses the same phrase Oden said when he saw Roger and Whitebeard clashed).

Luffy: "Zoro, Torao... Thank you for protecting me until now.
Both of you can go downstairs now!!
Tell the other... that no matter what happens, I will win!!!"

End of chapter, break next week. One Piece will be back with Jump cover and Color Spread (probably with 7th japanese Character Popularity Poll results).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
ayyyy, thats what I am talking about, Zoro is out of the game, boy did enough and now its mano el mano time :cool:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"They arent even touching"
Guess this implicates that Kaidou and Luffy are at the same level now..?
Tbh before the arc started i was asking myself how luffy who barely survived Doflamingo and Katakuri would defeat Kaidou without some asspull from Oda. In my opinion its happening too fast. Way too fast. Luffy started his Journey how many years ago? 2,5 years?
He is still 19 thus still a kid.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kaido: "You did more than enough. This is gonna leave a scar!!"

So, Zoro is just a scar maker now, with his ultimate attack, i think he'll run a tatoo making bussiness, lol

While Luffy was like Roger, Zoro was like Oden...a scar maker....

By the way, i thought Luffy already did an CoC attack clash with Dofla...Law said that before...
[automerge]1617818103[/automerge]
"They arent even touching"
Guess this implicates that Kaidou and Luffy are at the same level now..?
Tbh before the arc started i was asking myself how luffy who barely survived Doflamingo and Katakuri would defeat Kaidou without some asspull from Oda. In my opinion its happening too fast. Way too fast. Luffy started his Journey how many years ago? 2,5 years?
He is still 19 thus still a kid.
He got the best teacher possible in this series... Start from Shanks, Garp who teach Luffy willpower and endurance.
Croc (Strong Awakened Logia User, he's an expert and probably top 5 Logia user in the series), teach him about Devil Fruit, how to counter them.
Enel (Strong CoO User, probably almost at the same level as Katakuri), teach him about CoO.
Rob Lucci (Strongest Agent, even Oda can't remove him from the series after being defeated, upgrade his rank instead), again, teach him about willpower and endurance, and Rokushiki.
Kizaru, Pacifista/Kuma, teach him about his own limit.
Kuja (Natural Born Warriors, best at basic CoA), teach him about CoA, awaken Luffy CoC.
Magellan (Special Paramecia), teach him about how important CoA is, teach him more endurance (near death experience).
Marine Ford, he got too many experience in this war, but most important is "loss", just as what Shanks said, "loss" will make Luffy stronger.
Then, Rayleigh, i don't have to describe this right. Best teacher possible in the series.
Katakuri (1Billion+ Bounty, 1st Yonkou Commander, Undefeated Man), teach him Future Sight.
Hyo (Strong Advanced CoA User, probably 2nd Strongest Swordman after Oden in Wano), teach him Advanced CoA.

Luffy encounter with strong opponent gave him experience in battles, and most of them was probably the most experienced ones. No one in the series experienced the same way as what Luffy did.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cut back to Kid and Killer. They stop at the edge of Onigashima. Kid comments how there's something weird going on with the clouds...
Back to Onigashima's rooftop, Luffy is unconscious with his eyes turning white. Kaidou laughs, then says that it's just like last time. Even after passing out, Luffy wouldn't stop staring at him. Kaidou wonders whether he should crush first, if Luffy's eyes, brain or heart.

Zoro tells Law that the next attack he uses would be the last thing he can manage to do. If it doesn't work, then he's going to die so he's leaving the rest to Law.
When Zoro used Ashura pre-timeskip, there wasn't "anything weird going on with the clouds".
I know that we had many occassions where nothing happened to the clouds when people used their CoC.
But I reaaallly hope this is an implication that Zoro unlocks CoC right at this time, so he can practice it and make it a part of his skillsets.

Zoro: "Kiki Kyuutouryuu: Ashura (Ghastly Nine Sword Style: Asura)
Bakkei Mouja no Tawamure (Drawing Sword, Playing with the Dead - 抜剣 亡者戯)!!!"
Can't wait to see the panel for this. :pepemusic:

Luffy: "Zoro, Torao... Thank you for protecting me until now.
Both of you can go downstairs now!!
Great. Zoro vs King might be happening!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Things seem to finally be slipping into place.

- Zoro having Haoshoku Haki
- What the black lightning, sky splitting, and "not even touching" really meant.
- Luffy has been defeated a 2nd time by Kaido thus matching with what happened between Luffy and his strongest opponents like Crocodile & Rob Lucci.
- Kaido's epithet of 1v1 and Kaido will win coming to an end.
- Big Mom finally out of the picture at least temporarily.

All that's left to do is for a few chapters to go back to the fights we've missed before the big finally.

Also I get the feeling that since act 3 still hasn't ended that either CP-0 or some other force (Black Beard or the Marines, take your pick) will do something during act 4. Otherwise Act 4 will almost entirely be Luffy & Kaido fighting.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CoC for Zoro is a must have, PK's Vice Captain must have it, even Katakuri have it.

Either way....he's suck....

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
CoC for Zoro is a must have, PK's Vice Captain must have it, even Katakuri have it.

Either way....he's suck....
Yeah, there aren't many people who were vocal about Zoro having CoC and I am really glad for them it turned out that way. The parallels between Rayleigh and Zoro are just so deep and if CoC would be missing it would feel like we never got to explore something that might be important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom