Spoilers One piece - 1039 spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1039
Title: Key Performer

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1039 QUICK SUMMARY
• In the cover Color Spread, Straw Hat crew is walking through a dense forest looking for adventures.

• While he's gradually moving Onigashima away from the Capital, Momonosuke hears that someone calls him.

• Kid and Law's latest attacks broke some Big Mom's bones, but she recovers thanks to the Soru Soru no Mi power.

• Law makes a last big attack with all energies he has left, the attack is so powerful that it even affects the island of Wanokuni.

• Law uses all of the energy he has left to unleash a very powerful technique.

• It's a technique so large scale that it's able to cover the whole of Wano Country.

• His sword pierces through Linlin but doesn't stop there...

• It continues on to pierce through Onigashima and through the ground (puck note: of Wano's mainland?).

• Despite Law's attack, Big Mom is still standing and challenges Kid.

• Big Mom: "Do you think you can defeat me!!? I am “Big Mom”!!!!".

• Kid reveals his trump card and attacks Big Mom with an electromagnetic cannon.

• Law: "Your era ends here!!!".

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great spoiler!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
2nd Yonkou down :pepeexcited:

3 Admirals, a bunch of Vice Admirals and the Pirate, who ends replacing him, together with his Commanders were needed to take the first.

2 newcomer were needed to take down the second.
:pepethinking:

1 Newcomer will be needed for the third :pepelaugh:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It might be a coincidence, but I really hope it is. If Oda follows his planning Big Mom might be defeated here since this chapter had the x vs y title. And in all previous versions (Zoro vs King/ Sanji vs Queen) that chapter eventually revealed their respective defeats. And here the chapter is Big Mom vs Kid & Law.

:pepeweird:
:pepesmug: :pepesmug:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
1 Newcomer will be needed for the third :pepelaugh:
To be fair, Kaido had to deal with 5 supernovas, 9 red scabbards with a few of them equal to YC3 or YC2, and 1 YC1 level character before the future PK himself.

Nice prediction. Although I think the battle felt like it was over a bit too quickly, just like Queen & King. So yeah, a bit disappointing.

But thank God at least Kid did something interesting with his ability this chapter. Good for him and his fans.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
To be fair, Kaido had to deal with 5 supernovas, 9 red scabbards with a few of them equal to YC3 or YC2, and 1 YC1 level character before the future PK himself.

Nice prediction. Although I think the battle felt like it was over a bit too quickly, just like Queen & King. So yeah, a bit disappointing.

But thank God at least Kid did something interesting with his ability this chapter. Good for him and his fans.
I don't really agree with the sentiment that King and Queen their fights were over too quickly. If you take a look back their fights were spread over several chapters. They only got a few chapters that were completely centered around them which makes it feel as if the fight was over in the blink of an eye.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
thanks to Redon from PirateKing Forum

- Law's attack consumes all the energy he has left.
- It is a large-scale attack that reaches as far as Wanokuni.
- Law plunges his sword into Big Mom and goes through her.
- The sword continues to lengthen and goes through all of Onigashima.
- The sword lengthens more and more until it touches the ground of Wanokuni and there it continues sinking into the earth.
- To give you an idea, Law's sword lengthens like Goku's magic staff.
- While Law extends his sword, Big Mom hits him.
- Law's attack is called
“Puncture Ville” (Piercing Shockwave).
- The impact creates a large hole in the ground of Wanokuni and hurts Big Mom.
- It is not known if Big Mom has been defeated, since the end of the chapter is Kid attacking Big Mom with his electromagnetic cannon.

I'm done. Ok? I'm done.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
thanks to Redon from PirateKing Forum

- Law's attack consumes all the energy he has left.
- It is a large-scale attack that reaches as far as Wanokuni.
- Law plunges his sword into Big Mom and goes through her.
- The sword continues to lengthen and goes through all of Onigashima.
- The sword lengthens more and more until it touches the ground of Wanokuni and there it continues sinking into the earth.
- To give you an idea, Law's sword lengthens like Goku's magic staff.
- While Law extends his sword, Big Mom hits him.
- Law's attack is called
“Puncture Ville” (Piercing Shockwave).
- The impact creates a large hole in the ground of Wanokuni and hurts Big Mom.
- It is not known if Big Mom has been defeated, since the end of the chapter is Kid attacking Big Mom with his electromagnetic cannon.

I'm done. Ok? I'm done.
Ah that's why the hints were referring to Goku's staff lol.

What do you mean with I'm done? I feel like I'm the only one who isn't really against them winning against Big mom lol. Unless you're talking about something else.
[automerge]1643808318[/automerge]
Also just as the chapter said it could be that they only reduced Big mom to a state where she'll have to withdraw so not really 'defeated' as will, hopefully, happen with Kaido.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ah that's why the hints were referring to Goku's staff lol.

What do you mean with I'm done? I feel like I'm the only one who isn't really against them winning against Big mom lol. Unless you're talking about something else.
[automerge]1643808318[/automerge]
Also just as the chapter said it could be that they only reduced Big mom to a state where she'll have to withdraw so not really 'defeated' as will, hopefully, happen with Kaido.
I'm just frustrated that BM has been defeated like that. She tanked each and every attacks, did not use any form of awakening during the battle. I just felt that she's more capable of doing so much more but Oda chose not to.

But Law's and Kidd's efforts are not overlooked. They actually pulled the hammer.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm just frustrated that BM has been defeated like that. She tanked each and every attacks, did not use any form of awakening during the battle. I just felt that she's more capable of doing so much more but Oda chose not to.

But Law's and Kidd's efforts are not overlooked. They actually pulled the hammer.
Understandable but let's not jump the gun just yet. The chapter ends with Kid launching his railgun if we look at what Kaido has tanked this entire arc there is a possibility she isn't down yet but simply defeated. But it'd be in context with the whole, shift of an era thing that's been going on during the entirety of wano.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Understandable but let's not jump the gun just yet. The chapter ends with Kid launching his railgun if we look at what Kaido has tanked this entire arc there is a possibility she isn't down yet but simply defeated. But it'd be in context with the whole, shift of an era thing that's been going on during the entirety of wano.
That's right. I still wanna give it to Law and Kidd. those two are really powerful and it can always be justified how they managed to win against BM. No doubt. And she almost killed them so it's still satisfying for me. Or I am just being total biased here because I love BM. Lmao.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Exactly my thoughts.

Let's look at Kaido vs Luffy for example. Every time we see Kaido fights in a chapter, he is actively using advance CoC in every single attack and using many named attacks. It FEELS like he is genuinely fighting all out to WIN.

Big Mom also has advance CoC, but we only saw her used it against PageOne. She also has those badass elemental attacks but we only saw them on rooftop and against Ulti. Also where's the sword attack that put a giant hole in Onigashima & freed Sasaki? It DOESNT FEEL like she was putting everything in this fight, even if she had to sacrifice her lifespan to make herself bigger.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I understand the arguments that it feels like the win isn't deserved with Big Mom holding back considerably. But from a narrative perspective I feel like Big mom has to be "defeated" here. With Wano that's been shaping up as a world shifting event next to whatever happened at the reverie.

While I don't think she'll be done for the count like Kaido will be since Luffy will most likely replace him. Big mom will be halted enough so that everyone can escape or she retreats herself. Her actual defeat/(death?) will be later in the story most likely. Don't forget that this can also turn out as a tie with both parties having exceeded themselves far beyond their limits.

And to be frank I've always felt that Big mom as a character who has arguably an insane DF. Has been underutilized severely even in her own arc at WCI she didn't amount to much. May it be her personality that borders on being insane or her simply underestimating the supernovas will remain to be seen.

All in all while it hasn't been shown with 100% certainty her defeat here seems more than likely after taking so many attacks from overpowered devil fruits. Don't forget she's against the OP OP fruit :dogkek:
[automerge]1643893946[/automerge]
The full raws are out @Gambit @Nocvius

Seems more reasonable to me at a quick glance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Full summary, thanks to redon from MangaHelpers Forum.

Chapter 1,039: “Key Performer”

In the cover Color Spread, Straw Hat crew is walking through a dense forest looking for adventures.

Chapter starts in the sky over Wanokuni. Momonosuke is grabbing the “Flame Clouds” surrounding Onigashima island and is pulling them. Little by little, Momonosuke is moving Onigashima away from the “Flower Capital”.

Momonosuke: "I'm doing it...!!
I'm moving the island.
Little by little I'm moving it away from the city...!!
I won't let something like this...
falls on the capital~~~~~~!!!"

Suddenly, Momonosuke hears something.

Momonosuke: "Huh? Has someone called me?"

Cut to the Live Floor, right after Kid's attack on Big Mom from last chapter. Kaidou's subordinates can't believe they managed to attack Big Mom like that. Kid Pirates and Heart Pirates are euphoric for Kid and Law attacks. Big Mom wakes up in pain.

Big Mom: "... Ueeh!!"

Kid: "Hah, hah.
It worked, damn old hag...!!"

Law teleports to the metal bull created by Kid and talks to him.

Law: "Hey... Eustass-ya...!! That's the second time you've done it!!
After my big attack... You go and do a flashier one that seems the winning attack...!!
I'm not your fucking support artist!!"

Kid: "What's that got to do with me!!!
Stop saying stupid things!!"

Law: "If you think that, then next time you should attack first.
Then I can finish her off myself."

Kid: "Don't give me instructions!!!
It will be my special attack the one that will finish off that old hag!!"

Law: "Um... After a bull... A hippopotamus? Or an elephant?"

Kid: "Shut up!! Do you really think I'm going to reveal the trump card that I have in my sleeve!!"

As Kid and Law argue, Big Mom stands up. We see that something has happened to Big Mom's right arm.

Kaidou's subordinates: "Look at Big Mom's bones!!"

Big Mom's radius and ulna have been broken and she can't move her hand.

Big Mom: "A shockwave attack from the inside...
My ribs are wrecked too...!!!
Trafalgar's techniques are pretty dangerous...!!"

Big Mom creates a sphere with Soru Soru no Mi powers and brings it close to her broken arm.

Big Mom: "I give you life!! Revive, my bones~~~!!
Ma~~~mamama, hahaha!!!"

Big Mom heals her own arm, she is overflowing with energy, black lightning comes out of her body. Kid and Law keep talking.

Law: "This is not a joke... Hah... Hah...
After the next round, I will run out of energy...!!!
My next attack will be my last...!!
I definitely won't miss...!!
So you have to do..."

Kid: "Don't give me orders!"

Big Mom prepares to attack.

Big Mom: "Prometheus!! Napoleon!!
Hera!! Let's go!!!"

Prometheus/Napoleon/Hera: "Yes Mama!!!"

Big Mom: "“Maser Saber” (Roaring Light Sword - 鳴光剣 (メーザー サーベル))!!!"

Kid: "Uohh!!!"

Big Mom combines her 3 Homies into one sword (just like the one she used against Ulti) and cuts the metal bull created by Kid in one blow.

Kid: "...!!
It's useless!! They're just pieces of metal!!"

Big Mom: "Hah, hah.
Mamamama, you are wasting your time.
Your dream is coming to an end
little brats!!!
We have sent hundreds of young pirates like you to the bottom of the sea.
We have “ruled” this ocean for decades!!!"

As Big Mom says this, Kid jumps off his metal bull and attacks her. Big Mom tries to attack Kid too with her fused sword. But Kid is faster.

Kid: "“Assign”!!
“S”!!!
“N”!!!"

Big Mom: "Ehhh!!?"

Kid puts an “S” on Big Mom's forehead and an “N” on a half-destroyed tower from Live Floor. Then Big Mom sticks to the tower like the 2 opposite poles of a magnet. Kid returns to his metal bull and prepares to charge at Big Mom again.

Homies: "Dodge it, Mama~~~!!"

Kid: "Take this~~~~~~!!!"

Big Mom manages to flip her body with the tower stucked to her back. This way, Kid's bull hits the tower instead of Big Mom. Kid can't belive Big Mom's strength. She then uses a new attack on Kid.

Big Mom: "“Bahouhou” (Visiting Mother Cannon - 母訪砲 (バホウほう))!!!
“Misery” (3000 Leagues - 三千里 (ミザリ))!!!"

Translator's note: Big Mom's attack is based on the Anime “3000 Leagues in Search of Mother” (Haha o Tazunete Sanzenri).

In an amazing double page, Big Mom uses her fused saber to create a giant woman of fire and thunder that attacks Kid. As Big Mom laughs and wonders if Kid is alive, a piece of a tower appears above Big Mom's head.

Big Mom: "Eh?"

Law: "Takt."

The tower crushes Big Mom as Kaidou's subordinates run away from the rubble. Law jumps at Big Mom, he coats his sword with a “K Room”. Kid is still standing, but he has many injuries.

When she's getting up, Law stabs Big Mom's chest.

Big Mom: "Damn you~~~~~~!!!
Trafalgar~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!"

Cut to the basement armory, we see Law's sword has also passed through this floor of the castle.

Yamato: "What is that!!!"

Cut to Wanokuni, we see Law's sword stabs the land of Wanokuni below Onigashima island.

Back to the Live Floor. Big Mom coated her fists with Haki and is hitting Law until he's near dead. But Law doesn't let go of the sword becouse he's making it go deeper and deeper.

Big Mom: "Release me now!!
Trafalgar!!!"

Law: "...!!"

Heart Pirates: "Captain!!"

Law: "Must go...!!
Deeper!!"

Big Mom: "What happened!?
Weren't you already out of strength!?"

Heart Pirates: "What are you doing!? Captain.
Get away!! She's going to kill you!!"

Law finally completes his attack.

Big Mom: "Huh!?
Stop..."

Law: "“Puncture Ville” (Puncture Shockwave - 穿刺波動 (パンクチャー ヴィレ))!!!!"

Big Mom: "Uehhhh~~~~~~!!!

The shockwave from Law's attack goes through the entire Onigashima castle and produces a powerful explosion in Wanokuni. The explosion creates massive hole in the ground of Wanokuni below Onigashima island.

Big Mom screams in pain and spits blood out of her mouth again. Momonosuke looks from the sky the big hole that has been created in Wanokuni. Yamato looks at the roof of the armory and wonders what created that hole.

Despite Law's attack, Big Mom is still standing and attacks Law with the giant woman of fire and thunder

Big Mom: "Burn him until he dies, “Misery”!!"

Misery: "Yes, Mama!!!"

Law: "Hah.
Hah.
Do it now!!
Hah, hah.
Eustass-ya!!!"

Big Mom: "What!? What the hell is that!!!"

Kid: "How many times do I have to repeat it!!
Trafalgar...!!
Don't give me order!!!"

In another fantastic double page, we can finally see Kid's trump card. He has created a huge electromagnetic cannon with which he's aiming at Big Mom from the air. Kid prepares the cannon while Law laughs confidently.

Big Mom: "Damn!!!"

Big Mom turns to Kid defiantly, ready to face his attack.

Big Mom: "Come on!!! Go ahead!!!
Do you think you can defeat me!!?
I am “Big Mom”!!!!"

Kid: "I'm going to finish you off...!!!
“Damned Punk” (Magnetic Cannon - 電磁砲 (ダムド パンク))!!!!"

Big Mom: "Oooooooh!!!"

In an epic final double page, Kid fires a powerful beam that hits Big Mom's body, who falls to the ground spitting blood from her mouth. In the last panel of the chapter we see Law.

Law: "Your era ends here!!!"

End of the chapter.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Quite a lot happens in this chapter. It's completely focused on the fight, which is nice I find.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Tbh I think Big Mom used awakening in chapter 1031 :pepehmm:
which move?
[automerge]1643906744[/automerge]
Quite a lot happens in this chapter. It's completely focused on the fight, which is nice I find.
That I agree on. I think after seeing the scans, the moves are well executed by the two. BM was really in trouble if those two awakened techs are busted upon her.

OP OP DF is OP

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Alright, I'm not as disappointed as before after reading the raws.
Big Mom used new moves. Always good to see.

Law and Kid killed it this chapter.
It looks like Kid forced Big Mom to get stuck at the wall with his awakened power.
It's not a flashy move, but THAT'S what I've been waiting to see from Kid. Love that.

And Jesus Christ, Law. This man could legit destroy an entire island if he wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom