Spoilers One Piece - 1044 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The part I do like is that this explains some of the things that rubber never did... such as changing the directions of your punches, blowing air into your limbs without actually leaving a hole in your finger, etc.. None of those things made any sense before and we had to chalk it up to anime logic, but now at least they sort of make sense.
Yes. Like, everything that bothered me about the ‘balloon’ powers or the catching fire or lightning is now perfectly and elegantly answered. And it makes more room for possibilities of that sort.

one of the first SBS had someone say Luffy should have a move where he makes himself a balloon and explodes causing massive damage to everything around him and Oda was like “That would kill him.”

but would an attack like that actually kill him while fully transformed? Or would that kind of Looney Toons logic be on the table now?

also while I don’t like that it changed from being a paramecia to a zoan, I am willing to concede that it makes more sense than I wanted to admit…..

it’s a Hito Hito no mi. So actually his hybrid form is the gears we have been seeing, and his fully transformed appearance is what we are seeing now with the eyes and cloud hair.

If Luffy were…. A gun….. then his base form would be a rubber gun, his hybrid form would be a rubber gun human, and his fully transformed form would be Nika (a rubber god human). But Luffy isn’t a gun…. He is a human….. so you can see where the hybrid form begins to break down and in essence just function like a paramecia.

in fact the only thing that’s different is the “lore” bonus of having the fruit have the flavor of a specific god.
[automerge]1648224085[/automerge]
Yep, that's pretty much it.

Cause literally every Zoan, Ancient Zoan and Mythological Zoan so far were based on real life animals/ancient animals/mythological animals.

Now he can suddenly just make up gods and make DFs of them.

Now that you mentioned Yamato's fruit, I guess you have a point, I thought an ice wolf was a real thing, but I guess not (though I'm sure there is one in real life mythologies, just a different name).

Rubber god I never heard of. xD
Ok it’s a rubber god you’ve never heard of but also it’s based in very solid things that do exist.
The relationship to Sun Wukon is still there. The connection to Hanuman is still there. Now there’s even more contemporary things like Jim Carey in the Mask, Joyboy is a real god and now with the drums being added in with that it’s even more solidly referencing the Caribbean Joyboy. Nika is the sound efx that happens when you crack a grin and he is the “Sun” god because he brings the dawn.

Like if it had to be a zoan and we had to get more “lore” slapped onto Luffy and his powers i actually prefer this more open ended approach than if it were like specifically any one of those real life gods….

I coulda gone with “Hito Hito no mi: model “Trickster” since it’s literally that, but I don’t mind Oda naming his trickster god that much I guess….

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Man, I've been seeing some clips from early one piece now. And the stuff Luffy did with his DF pre gears etc was already goofy as fuck. I'm honestly more and more coming to terms with this lol.

[automerge]1648231553[/automerge]
Can't wait what this new toon power will bring lmao.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yea I'm coming to terms with it quite well as well, if it stays rubber-only. In fact I'll probably be a fan of it soon enough.

IF IT ONLY STAYS RUBBER.

xD

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It will. I trust the Gorosei Panels. They always provide substantial info. They are like Oda divided into 5.
Yeah this is endgame Luffy imo.
[automerge]1648233352[/automerge]
There won’t be a gear 6 or a reverse gear

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
How do you think about fire? :pepesmug:
[automerge]1648234771[/automerge]

Optimistic :pepethinking:

Monster-Luffy :pepesmug:
Jobymamushi’s awakening special was to turn things into balloon animals that would then get covered in haki and bounce around in every direction or violently explode when popped—I wanna see Luffy do something like that.

time to rewatch animaniacs and courage the cowardly dog and the mask lol.

also let’s see this man eat a fucking rumble ball already XD
[automerge]1648244893[/automerge]
Also giant form Luffy incoming

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You guys think the Red Line was made with Joyboy's DF ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ok so I just watched the mask and pretty much, most of it is not very applicable to Luffy or his awakening but something that is pretty interesting to me and connects to the images of Kaido’s eyes popping out of his head in a funny way when hit by Luffy—

money of Jim Carey’s abilities in the film seems to be to subtly ‘infect’ his silliness to those he interacts with (getting police to sing and dance with him for example).

I can see Gear 5 having an ability like this where microdecisions enemies that interact with it havefollow a sort of videogame logic where actions are dictated by an outcome. Like when you HAVE to pick a dialogue box to advance the story even though you would never say any of the options given to you—you don’t have a choice.

so like Luffy gets hit by kaido and plays dead in a funny way and kaido starts crying in a funny way and then Luffy honks his nose and kaido dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom