Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1017
Title: Orders

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1017 QUICK SUMMARY
Jinbe, Franky, and Jack are having troubles against their 1v1 opponents because the later have backings from Kaido's grunts.
Everything changed after Otama gave her orders to the Gifters and made them switch sides.
Queen was about to shoot Otama with his laser beam, but Sanji stopped him with "Collier Strike".
Queen, who apparently was a member of Judge's research team a long time ago, transformed into his hybrid form.
Behind Sanji, we see Chopper has turned into tiny Chopper as the side effects of his improved rumble ball.
Chopper is speaking with Miyagi about using a super recovery drug on Zoro, but the drug will double the pain of the user after it wears off.
Back to Who's Who vs Jinbe, we find out that Who's Who is a former CP9 agent, an equal to Rob Lucci, who was imprisoned due to his mistakes.
Who's Who, now in his hybrid form, tells Jinbe that he failed to guard a government transport ship that carried Luffy's Devil Fruit, possibly a callback to One Piece's very first chapter where Lucky Roo asked if Luffy has eaten the fruit that was stolen from the "enemy's ship".
No break next week.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't think i like the sudden importance of luffys devil fruit.
I liked it more when it was just a weak, stupid fruit that was only effective in luffys hands because he is such a goofball.
The only important character in the past that could potentially have been a goofball would be Joyboy, and that might be getting a bit too close into prophecy and chosen one territory. Maybe Luffy is also the reincarnation of the sage of six paths.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't think i like the sudden importance of luffys devil fruit.
I liked it more when it was just a weak, stupid fruit that was only effective in luffys hands because he is such a goofball.
The only important character in the past that could potentially have been a goofball would be Joyboy, and that might be getting a bit too close into prophecy and chosen one territory. Maybe Luffy is also the reincarnation of the sage of six paths.
I just think it's interesting getting more context to how Shanks got ahold of it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I just think it's interesting getting more context to how Shanks got ahold of it.
Now thats indeed interesting.
the fruit was stolen… by shanks? Why would he steal it? Who gave him the orders to steal it from cp9? Yet again alot of questions without answers

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Totally agree with this. Shanks was already a famous Piraten back then. Now Shanks reaction back at chapter 1 makes much more sense.

getting a bit too close into prophecy and chosen one territory.
About that I only have to say read first Page of chapter 100 again. For me its the chapter everyone should have notice that One Piece is Prophecy driven.
[automerge]1624729381[/automerge]
Who gave him the orders to steal it from cp9?
Did Shanks get orders back then? But yeah the big question is "Why would Shanks Attack a WG Shop for an ordinary Paramecia?".

Instead of order it could have been the gift Shanks received from Roger before his execution, the knowledge of the Gomu Gomu no Mi. Maybe Shanks was looking for that fruit Like Teach for the Yami Yami no Mi.
[automerge]1624730066[/automerge]
Maybe Luffy is also the reincarnation of the sage of six paths.

I see you didn't read Boruto thus you didn't notice Naruto turned from prophecy to sci-fi. Also this could happen to One Piece, making DFs the Chakra of One Piece and some alien going to extract all the DF Souls similar to Arthurs fanfic "Return to Reverie".

Tbh I hope this will never happen... :feelstrashman:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That Ultra Regeneration Medicine kinda reminds me of the Energy Steroids of the Fishmen. And the Hero Water from Alabasta.
I once had a theory that the Sulong of the Minks is a gift from heaven, similar to the energy steroids, and both those races were given a road poneglyph. But i can´t find it right now.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
the whole Shanks stole the gum-gum fruit from Cipher is a new fun idea :blobaww: I like it.

Old geezer baby chopper wtf :ROFLMAO: why am I the only one coming in talking about that? I was like "OMG he's cute!!!" And then I started reading his lines and... well I made the Wano face :ROFLMAO:

the whole Cipher being there is starting to get me thinking if Wano is going to be like EL and let the pirates get all beat down then swoop in but who's going to swoop in and run interference? :blobthink: vulture blackbeard? Sudden Dragon "it's Sabo Luffy. Let's go."? The SH alliance 🤩?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom