Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1039
Title: The Main Attraction

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1039 QUICK SUMMARY
Little by little, Momonosuke is moving Onigashima from the Flower Capital. While doing so, he hears something calling him.

Kid and Law's attacks from last chapter broke Big Mom's bones, but she healed herself with her DF.
Law got mad at Kid because everytime Law attacked first, Kid would follow up with a flashy move that seemed like a winning attack.

Big Mom got up and attacked Kid's metal bull with "Maser Saber" but Kid dodged the attack and used a new move.
He assigned "S" on Big Mom's forehead and "N" on the half-destroyed building behind her.
Big Mom got stuck on the building like 2 opposite poles of a magnet.
Kid sent the metal bull to attack Big Mom, but she flipped her body with the building still stuck on her back, which blocked the attack.
She then attacked Kid with "Mother's Homing Cannon: Misery", where her saber created a giant woman of fire and thunder.

Laughing at Kid, a piece of large building showed above her head.
After the building crushed Big Mom, Law stabbed her chest with his sword covered in "Kroom" ability.
The sword got bigger and longer. Its length pierced through the entire Onigashima and reached even the ground of Wano.
Big Mom was hitting Law until he's near death, but he held on and unleashed his attack, "Puncture Wille."
The shockwave produced an explosion which made a massive hole in Onigashima and Wano. Big Mom screamed in pain and coughed up blood.

Despite the attack, Big Mom was still standing to attack Law with her giant woman.
But before she could do that, Law gave a signal.
Kid showed up in the air with a huge electromagnetic cannon and we could see a grin on Law's face.
Big Mom was confident that she could tank Kid's attack and screamed at Kid to hit her.
In an epic final double page, Kid unleashed his attack "Damned Punk", firing a powerful beam at Big Mom's body, who fell to the ground spitting up blood.
"Your era is over", said Law on the final page.

NO BREAK NEXT WEEK.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Blew my mind" is not enough for this :weirdpeep:
Yeah, despite my complaints, it was an awesome action-packed chapter filled with many eyecandy abilities that show the full extent of Law and Kid's abilities. That panel of Law's "Puncture Wille" is just...wow
People are going to lose their shit when this gets animated.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So... railgun finally makes its way to the magnet DF. Not the most surprising one tbh.

Law's powers seems to be getting more incredible.

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Now that speaks a lot about OP OP Fruit.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This was a very good chapter, definitely fun to see a full chapter of kidd, law vs bigmom. Law has certainly put In good work. The fight is certainly reaching its end.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don’t see BM getting defeated. Maybe a draw ?
I think this is it.
Even if BM survived after this, those watchers of Bao Huang would still see it as her loss.

It would be interesting if BM killed herself because she overused her healing power to recover from her heavy injuries to fight back. :pepethinking:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Pretty sure Big Mom will come back up, but not within the next few chapters, both Law and Big Mom might be out of comission now

good job from ma bois, the fight was hype! :pepemusic:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So... railgun finally makes its way to the magnet DF. Not the most surprising one tbh.

Law's powers seems to be getting more incredible.
Is the move "Damned Punk" really the application of a railgun, though?

A railgun is a linear motor device, typically designed as a weapon, that uses electromagnetic force to launch high velocity projectiles.
- There is no projectile in this device. The device that is being used does not launch a high velocity projectile at all. Instead, it is a directed-energy weapon or particle beam emitter, which is a much more sophisticated form of technology.

It's just a railgun... and it's not even surprising? Well, it's not just a railgun. It's more than that.

It may be described as a plasma-railgun. However, normal railguns just shoot a simple projectile. This type of railgun would act more like a directed-energy weapon than a device which uses an electromechanical mechanism to shoot a projectile. That's essentially what railguns are - they are electric guns that use electromagnetic force to propel a projectile rather than some other means. By that definition, a simple railgun is rather basic.

From Wikipedia:

Plasma railgun
A plasma railgun is a linear accelerator and a plasma energy weapon which, like a projectile railgun, uses two long parallel electrodes to accelerate a "sliding short" armature. However, in a plasma railgun, the armature and ejected projectile consists of plasma, or hot, ionized, gas-like particles, instead of a solid slug of material. MARAUDER (Magnetically Accelerated Ring to Achieve Ultra-high Directed Energy and Radiation) is, or was, a United States Air Force Research Laboratory project concerning the development of a coaxial plasma railgun. It is one of several United States Government efforts to develop plasma-based projectiles. The first computer simulations occurred in 1990, and its first published experiment appeared on August 1, 1993. As of 1993 the project appeared to be in the early experimental stages. The weapon was able to produce doughnut-shaped rings of plasma and balls of lightning that exploded with devastating effects when hitting their target. The project's initial success led to it becoming classified, and only a few references to MARAUDER appeared after 1993.

The lesson here is to not just assume you know what things are in the story. If you don't really understand something, then do a little research and figure out if it actually applies or not (before you go telling people what you think of it).

Personally, I think the move "Damned Punk" is very cool. It is the application of a directed-energy weapon, which I think is where the end of the series is headed in terms of endgame technology. So, with that said, the move "Damned Punk" may elevate Captain Kidd to greater heights.

--

Law's power seems more unique, to most people, because it boasts exotic properties. However, how many people are able to create directed-energy weapons and how many people are able to use exotic properties? Personally, I think the directed-energy weapons are more rare, since practically every Devil Fruit has exotic properties.

In reality, however, Law's technique Vs. Kidd's technique is one of Quality Vs. Quantity. Think about that for a moment - Law's long sword is more impressive than a particle beam? I don't think so. A particle beam creates internal damage through the amplification of electromagnetic wavelength (radiation). It's an entirely different kind of destructive ability than that of a sword technique. However, when you think of Law's technique... he really is just swinging around a big sword. I am not impressed by that.

Authors Note: You know who else swings a big sword around? Pica.

Behold, the Great Pica

Last edited:
Top Bottom