Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Others

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1061
Title: Egghead - The Island of the Future

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON

readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1061 QUICK SUMMARY
On the cover story, the Germa and Caesar escape from the Cake Island.

Luffy grabs Chopper and Bonney, but they fall into the sea. Jinbe jumps to save them.
Meanwhile, the Thousand Sunny is hunted by a giant mecha-shark. The shark fires torpedoes that makes the ship capsized.
The shark then aims at Jinbe, but it gets punched by a mysterious giant robot.

Cut to a nearby island, G-14 Naval base, Tashigi is seen together with the giant children she rescued from Punk Hazard.
Helmeppo, a SWORD member, begs for Navy Rear Admiral Prince Gus, also a SWORD member, to rescue Coby and lend the Seraphim. The request is rejected.

Cut to Luffy's group, they manage to land safely at the nearby beach.
Bonney tells Luffy that she is there for a business with Vegapunk, but the shark ate her ship.
Luffy is starving and wants to find a restaurant, but Bonney tells him that they won't find any.
They are currently at a government island where Vegapunk resides, Egghead Island. It's the island that's said to be 500 years in the future.

Cut to Luffy's crew, a girl comes out from the giant robot. She is the one who orders the mecha-shark to scout, report and fire.
She introduces herself as Vegapunk.

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
pretty sure she doesnt match the silhouette(s) we have seen of vegapunk, so im guessing she is their daughter or something

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
pretty sure she doesnt match the silhouette(s) we have seen of vegapunk, so im guessing she is their daughter or something
Robot versions of himself to optimize workflow. :pepesmug:

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Are you telling me we haven't seen the real Kaido yet since he doesn't match the silhouette? :pepethinking:

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
or this, why make your robots look like you when you can make them anime girls lol
Are you telling me we haven't seen the real Kaido yet since he doesn't match the silhouette? :pepethinking:
we seen vegapunk's sihouette in punk hazard, whereas kaido's was in water seven; thats a big difference in time so i dont think we can compare them.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Her left chest revealed it is PUNK 02 thus I am expecting she is one of multiple Vegapunk cyborgs!
Like PX-0 being the real Kuma, I expecting PUNK 00 being the real Vegapunk. And that there are far more Vegapunks.

The way PUNK 02 Talks its possible that the Vegapunk cyborgs share one brain.

The strong Cyborgs among Vegapunks Cyborg seems to be the Vegaforce. We saw Vegaforce 12 thus we have at least 11 more Vegaforce Cyborgs.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Her left chest revealed it is PUNK 02 thus I am expecting she is one of multiple Vegapunk cyborgs!
Like PX-0 being the real Kuma, I expecting PUNK 00 being the real Vegapunk. And that there are far more Vegapunks.

The strong Cyborgs among Vegapunks Cyborg seems to be the Vegaforce. We saw Vegaforce 12 thus we have at least 11 more Vegaforce Cyborgs.
I get an overwhelming we are legion vibe from Vegapunk. There isn't a real body anymore but a shared consciousness throughout various robots.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I get an overwhelming we are legion vibe from Vegapunk. There isn't a real body anymore but a shared consciousness throughout various robots.
Tbh I had to think of Nagato from Naruto :weirdpeep:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Watch it be a daughter anyways and Vegapunk is a last name :dogkek:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Also, someone mentioned this in the chapter discussion thread over on reddit. :weirdpeep:

Just for refrence, here is the SBS where Oda mentioned what would happen when Vegapunk enters the story:
"D: Excuse me!! May I pose a serious question to the typically-vulgar SBS?? In Volume 46, Usopp said that the same power doesn't exist twice. But this doesn't make sense with what you said in the Volume 45 SBS... If the Gomu Gomu no Mi was in a book of fruits, then Luffy HAD to have eaten at least the SECOND known example of the fruit! Now, most beautiful and intelligent Ei-chan, explain it all! ✩ P.N. Takafi

O: Very sharp of you. But I'm cool. I haven't made any mistakes. As a hint, let me rephrase what Usopp is saying. "The same powers don't exist twice AT THE SAME TIME". How's that? For more detail, you'll just have to wait for a certain professor to make his appearance in the story, and explain exactly what the Devil Fruits REALLY are... Eventually."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Though for real this is quite the exciting island to follow Wano.
Though from what it seems it looks like it'll lead to a rescue Koby arc from whatever BB did with him (maybe handed him over to the Cross Guild?). My hope is if that ends up being the case then Luffy won't leave Egghead too soon

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It’s killing me that Vegapunk might be either Nagato or Captain Ginyu.. I just know Oda is still gonna find a way to mindfk us :pepehmm:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Watch it be a daughter anyways and Vegapunk is a last name :dogkek:
That would explain why she says that she is a humble scientist. The world government could be forcing her to live up to her father's legacy due to her lineage.

Top Bottom