Spoilers One Piece Chapter 971

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oden did not use haki to deflect the heat of the boiling shit?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oden did not use haki to deflect the heat of the boiling shit?
There is a Huge Misconception about Haki
CoA doesn't deflect Non-Physical Attacks such as Heat, Fire, Lightning, Light, Ice, Gas .... etc
It won't protect against Akainu or Enel or Aokiji, Kizaru, Oven, Ace .... etc

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I’m 100 % sure Odas Inspiration of Odens cause of dead is inspired by Ishikawa Goemon a leader of a bandit group in mideveal Japan.

Goemon tried to assassinate Hideyoshi to avenge the death of his wife Otaki and the capture of his son, Gobei. He sneaked into Fushimi Castle and entered Hideyoshi's room but knocked a bell off a table. The noise awoke the guards and Goemon was captured. He was sentenced to death by being boiled alive in an iron cauldron along with his very young son, but was able to save his son by holding him above his head. His son was then forgiven.

look at the collage below, then you know what I mean.

you're right..that's why i disagree with people who thinks that this flashback were dragged for too long....

oda loves taking history to one piece....and i think its important...the correlation...the messages....i'm sure oda has planned this since the beginning....

he want us to understands oden pain...just like goemon pain...and this is why i love one piece so much and make it different from another manga....

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Tbh Oden agreeing to the deal to save Wano citizens is absurd. There is no reason at all to believe Kaido and Orochi would keep their word when both are criminals. Oden should have gathered his allies and rebelled immediately. Yes people will die in a war but that's inevitable and will energize Wano army to fight and expel/destroy their enemies for good

I feel Luffy has better leadership when it comes to rallying and motivating people.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda is really dragging the end of this flashback... Looks like 971 will end up being another flashback chapter.

968 would have been a perfect end for the flashback....
[automerge]1581593153[/automerge]

Oden has to endure for 60min to save the others. Chapter ends with 5 mins passed.
Feels like watching the DBZ episode where Freeza powers up to 100%... :weirdpeep:
At this rate the execution is gonna go on for 12 chapters! Hopefully in chapter 972 this will either be over or mostly done. We have a current timeline battle to get started dammit! (Points at Oda)

Also I've lost the bet that Oden would use Conquerors Haki by now... 😂

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I saw the raws and it makes sense why Oden danced. I wish he at least talked to allies about this to rescue hostages while dancing and launching counterattacks

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I saw the raws and it makes sense why Oden danced. I wish he at least talked to allies about this to rescue hostages while dancing and launching counterattacks
So much drama in this chapter.
:weirdpeep:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Drama chapter.
Looks like Orochi became indeed Doflamingo 2.0...

• Haha
Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well this does explain why the scabbards are so loyal to this dude. Why the minks went through so much shit not to turn Raizou in and why the scabbards are willing to do to Onigashima alone.

They are living on borrowed time, because their lord, who they were supposed to protect, died a very painful death to save them. The limbs Inu and Neko lost to Jack are nothing compared to this.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
There is Nothing revealed about the Traitor
Shinobu reveals what Oden & Orochi agreed upon 5 Years Ago
Oden dancing was to save the Wano Citizens who were Captured (100 Lives per Dance)
They also agreed that Orochi & Kaido would build Ships for 5 Years so they can Leave Wano

Oden says that he can't Die yet and ask for a Second Chance from Kaido
He later said that if he can endure Boiling for the time that Kaido decides, then they should let those Alive go
Kaido challenged Oden to stay Alive for 60 Minutes
Oden got in the and the Execution started and he didn't let the other Scabbards enter, he instead Carried all of them !!
5 Minutes passed and that's when Chapter ends

Toki told the Children that they shouldn't Cry and be Proud
King makes an Appearance apparently (Nothing important imo)
Orochi complains about what they did to his Grandfather & Family in general

Night before Execution, there is a Panel of all Nine Scabbards and it was a Full Moon
Neko & Inu tried to Transform into Sulong Form but for some reason they Failed (Perhaps haven't Mastered it yet)

No Break Next Chapter, it will be Released Early with a Color Spread & One Piece on SJ Cover too
There will also be a Special Talk between Eiichiro Oda & Eisaku (Producer/Supervisor/Designer or whatever of Hungry Days Ads)
[automerge]1581599788[/automerge]
This made me cry:pandacry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom