News One Piece winding down

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
parts of Oda's most recent interview have been translated and he says One Piece has 4 to 5 years left.

One Piece
manga creator Eiichiro Oda claimed in an interview back in September 2019 that there were only 5 years left of the One Piece manga. Now, nearly a year later, Oda has said in an interview with Japanese megaband Arashi, for their show Arashi Tsu Bo, that the series only has 4 to 5 years left in it.
More of the interview can be found on crunchyroll
It also mentioned that the animators know how the story will end. :eek:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'll believe in it depending how the current arc transpires and the ramifications of what goes on as well.

I hope we aren't in 2025 and Oda or his editors or the folks from Shueisha once again doesn't state "5 years and One Piece will be completed" or says it from in the duration from 2020-2025. Despite it says 5 years, i doubt it will be 5 years but the ball park of 7 years with breaks and etc.

I just hope Oda/Oda's Editors/Folks at Shueisha STFU (i don't mean to say this in a disrespective manner) but stay quite and let what happens in the series do the talking so should anyone use this as a reference that Oda chatting BS on the 5 years. So once in 5 years everyone takes what Oda stated with heed and its the final arc no turning back now.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think it will go on a bit longer than that, given how notorious Oda is for extending arcs nowadays, and just how many things there are that still need to be resolved in the story in general. I'm just hoping that Oda/Shueisha doesn't feel like they're now committed to this five year plan and end up rushing the ending. Too many great series have had their endings rushed, and I really hope that One Piece won't end up among them. Unless Wano is close to being finished, which I highly doubt, I just can't see it being done in five more years without it being rushed.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Is he on drugs or wtf is Oda talking lmao..?
4;5 years ago we were on Zou. Tell me how far has the story progressed in that time?
What has happened..?
Lets say we have approximatly 38 chapters each year ( average is 39) than we only have 170-175 chapters to go. How the fuck is he going to end Wano, enter Elbaf, defeat all 4 Yonkou, reveal characters like green bull and Vegapunk, show us the ancient weapons, find the last poneglpyh, find laftel, show us the revolutionaries etc etc..?
This is truly ridiculous because that means he decided a long time ago that he will rush through his story.
A shit ending just like Naruto awaits us folks.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The end is near, unless more ideas keep coming to Oda and he sketches out another 100-chapter arc. A lesson to be learnt from a never-ending story like One Piece.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
With this pace i think its impossible unless he is willing to offpanel the situation as it heads towards the end.

The current one piece story is like 70 percent finished , my take it will take another 7 years with current covid situation and oda himself taking way too many breaks i feel he will end this in his 30th year anniversary.
[automerge]1598927534[/automerge]
Is he on drugs or wtf is Oda talking lmao..?
4;5 years ago we were on Zou. Tell me how far has the story progressed in that time?
What has happened..?
Lets say we have approximatly 38 chapters each year ( average is 39) than we only have 170-175 chapters to go. How the fuck is he going to end Wano, enter Elbaf, defeat all 4 Yonkou, reveal characters like green bull and Vegapunk, show us the ancient weapons, find the last poneglpyh, find laftel, show us the revolutionaries etc etc..?
This is truly ridiculous because that means he decided a long time ago that he will rush through his story.
A shit ending just like Naruto awaits us folks.
I think he is giving time frame , we all know he will not finish all his content in 5 years .

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Mad news, when I heard about it, it felt unreal.
I feel like rushing theories before I cant anymore. Lel.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I dont know if i got it right.
The big battle Oda was talking about...
Is it after Luffy finds the One Piece or is it before Luffy finds it?
Some say in 5 years Luffy will find the One Piece and than there will be a big war.

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Some say in 5 years Luffy will find the One Piece and than there will be a big war.
I think this being unclear is part of Oda's tease lol. I really don't know what to think currently. I am just certain that Luffy will visit Lough Tale, will it be after or before Blackbeard is another debate.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I believe they'll fight after, like BB finds it first and they clash afterwards.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hmm...even to wrap up the plot line will need 6-7 years (considering breaks and chapters per year)
Just look at reviver arc it actually added more mysteries than solving existing ones...
Unless Oda wants to wrap up everything per chapter then it's possible...
But all these mysteries and plot are connected with various important characters...so it's not possible for him to wrap up them without covering their back stories..just look at how many chapters Oda had dedicated to previous backstories..
Noland, Doflamingo and his gang, Law, CP0, Oden , BM and various side characters with few pages dedicated to their past in wano..

To pull this off , Oda will need to change his writing style and will have to write a arc without including strawhats (and without off panelling) other plot in parallel. Ie. Shanks Vs Blackbeard , Revaluationaries vs WG , Shichibukai plot.
Oda need to learn how to write arc without involving main character from Hara (author of Kingdom) .
im glad that we are close to know true history tho..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
For all I know, it'll probably be sometime after Luffy finds the One Piece. I can see the WG and Marines go on damage control and attempt to cover it up.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda is using that Time Time no mi i swear. It was 5 years 5 years ago

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oda confirmed it once again in the SBS of the recent released volume! He seems to be very sure about it. So I guess he knows well what‘s left to happen.

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Might be “winding down” in terms of story left but it’s also winding up in terms of story telling and reveals left! :pepeking:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If he knew when he was about to end his manga soon, why the fuck did he waste so much time in DR and WCI ?
Luffy purely survived Katakuri thanks to plot armour. Even if he masterd FS and that new haki, he still is way to weak to defeat Kaidou.
And still needs another time skip with maybe Shanks to improve imo. Im eager to know how Oda will manage to power up Luffy and his crew in this short amount of time. Zoro and Sanji need to be as strong as current Luffy. And Luffy needs to be stronger than all Yonkou in just approximately 200 Chapters. There are thousands of unsolved storylines. Im sorry but 5 years feels like punch in to the face.
We waited so long because Oda took his time and only made slow progressions and out of nowhere he wants me to believe that One Piece will be over in 5 years??

Top Bottom