Coloring Ridiculously Silly and Outrageous Color Challenge RETURNS! (Challenge 1-A)

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You might be wondering "Returns"? (Ok no, you're probably like "ridiculously...silly... what?")
Well this is a fun and entertaining, not to be taken serious, color challenge with a little twist... no skill necessary!
That's right, you don't have to know what you're doing and you'll still get the applause and Salty Doubloons!
Well, I guess I should also mention that these challenges aren't always color challenges, they could also be GFx fun!

So what will be our first challenge? Well I thought we could introduce new people to coloring!
Once upon a time I created a coloring event on another (much loved) site where folks made color by number pages from manga panels/pages, it was one of my favorites and definitely a great start for some fun challenges! So onwards to the rules and expectations.

Makings of a Master Colorist (1-A)!
So you've found yourself with nothing to do... may I suggest making your own color by number picture? Not much effort required and you can create a page others can color as well as you! No experience necessary! Though I will suggest knowing how to count or knowing the alphabet...

Supplies:
  • A large manga panel or page from any manga (please note Viz scans are still not permitted)
  • a color pallet
Rules for this round:
  • Create your own color by number image
  • The page/panel that you select needs to be labeled with either numbers or letters that correspond with colors that are from the color pallet that you have created.
    • color pallets should be attached to the labeled page.
  • If there are special instructions, like hints as to how shading or highlighting could work you can include those instructions as special symbols. (ie. 8*, *=use this color on a separate layer set to multiply to create 2 layers of color)
  • You are in control on how easy or difficult the colorings are to do.
  • All coloring works should be your own creation.
example of how your color by number should look when submitted.
yZwkVfi.png
How to Submit entries:
  1. When you have completed the Color by Number page with a color pallet attached you can post it to this thread.
  2. A finished colored copy of your Color by Number page and a wiped clean image (no numbers/letters visible) with the labeled color pallet must be submitted to @Shottie via PM.
  3. This thread will be open until September 19th September 28th October 16th (though it could potentially stay open longer).
  4. Any questions can be asked here in the thread or though a PM with @Shottie. I will have a small video tutorial on how to create the labeled page and color pallet soon, so keep an eye out for that.

Last edited:

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Alright, let's see if this worked. Best way to make a color pallet is afterwards using the color picker tool and making sure you have the lables and pallet on seperate layers so you can toggle views as needed. (That part didn't show up in the video. Sorry! And this is supposing this video loads and works...)

Top Bottom