One Piece Rise of a new Admiral

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Introdcution
During the Reverie the World Goverment decided to abolish the Warlord system. For me the Warlord system was a holdover of the era before Sakazuki became Fleet Admiral. With removing this holdover I think it is also the perfect time (storywise) to remove another holdover of the previous Borsalion also known as Kizaru.
In this theory I will explain why I think Borsalino have to go, how he might go and who will end up replacing him.

Borsalino and the Warlord system

During the introduction of Weevil we learned Borsalino is someone who sees the worth behind the Warlord system. He doesn't care about any coleteral damage caused by Warlords as long as they fulfill thei purpose. And thats sth. that makes Borsalino different from Sakazuki. But not only Sakazuki didn't like the Warlord system also Issho one of the new Admirals was fighting against this system. For me this shows that shows that Borsalino is nothing but a holdover of Sengokus era thus he needs to be replaced to completly turning this marine era into Sakazukis era, an era of Absolute Justice. The big question now "What will happen to Borsalino?"!

The War against the Warlords
Between Wano act 2 and act 3 we not only learned that the Warlord system was abolish, but also that the World Goverment directly start a war against all of them at once. Among these Warlord is Mihawk the World Strongest Swordsman. I think most fans would agree that he is not only capable of fighting an Admiral, but also that he have to survive since it has become Zoros destiny to fight him. On Sabaody we learned that Borsalino has Devil Fruit based swordsman skills.Thus I see a chance of Borsalino going after Mihawk during the war against the Warlords. And this fight will result in Mihawk defeating Borsalino with Borsalino end up being forced to step back as Admiral. This might have different reason like honour, injuries or even dead (the latter unlikely).
Besides Borsalino loosing we also need someone triumphing. The one triumphing should become the new Admiral. To figure out who the future Admiral going to fight during this war one could do an elimination process.
  1. According to this theor Mihawk is going to fight Borsalino and win. Besides that Mihawk should survive and not getting defeated because of Zoros dream.
  2. Doflamingo is imprisoned (not part oft the war)
  3. Law is currently in Wano and lost his postions as Warlord already during Dressrosa Saga (not part oft the war)
  4. Bartholomeo is nothing but a brainless cyborg, who is most likely with Sabo atm (not part oft the war)
  5. Buggy is nothing but a joke character and everyone knows he will fing a way to escape
  6. Weevil, well he would be definetly a tough character and his defeat worthy of a promotion, but he was just introduced and hype a way too much to just end up being defeated before facing Luffy. On top of that with Weevil story being tied to Marco, Luffy and Rox I expect him to appear in Wano. (As mentioned in my theory The Remnants, the Scholar and the the Son)
  7. Hancock, the last one left and I see no reason that speaks against her.
Thus I expect the one replacing Borsalino is the one leading the battle on Amazon Lilly! But who will it be?

The new Admiral
No not Coby. I know he is on the way to Amazon Lilly too, but one should remember he is currently only a captain and not leading this battle. Since there are a few knowing my Admiral Color-Zodiac theory spoilers ahead the one who should be leading this battle is Vice Admiral John Giant. Why John Giant? The reasons for him are quite simple
  • He is an advocant of the Absolute Justice
  • He perfectly fits the Zodiac "Rat" with first Zodiac for the first Giant Marine and now first Giant Admiral
  • His clothes are Orange. Orange is the only remaining secondary color after we got purple for Issho and green for Green Bull
  • He most likely based on the actor Chikari Hashimoto in his role as the Daimajin. Daimajin is a swordfighting Giant with a chin looking like a pair of balls same as John Giant. On top of that Oda is a huge fan of Daimajin series even have a huge Daimajin figure of it in his office as stated in his interview about General Franky.
  • His performance during the Marineford war speaks for himself. (Comparing him to Vice Admiral Ronse one might realize his perfomrance was actually great)
  • On top of that he also seems to have a good reputation. There exist no other Marine with as much medals as John Giant.
Admiral Orange Rat
For me there 3 very important things for an One Piece character to be able to become an Admiral under Sakazuki

• one of the strongest characters in OPverse
  • following the absolute justice
  • be connected to the role of a famous japanese actor
And indeed there is a character who not only fulfills all three points I mentioned, but also is the perfect choice for the alias Orange Rat. The character I am talking about is Vice Admiral John Giant.
Marineford performence
When hearing the name John Giant many think about him as the one ended up as hypetool to Whitebeard during Marineford War, but especially with new Wano content his loss isn't as bad as many think. The attack with which Whitebeard took down John Giant was an attack that need the combined CoA of all three pre TS Admirals.

Also comparing John Giant perfermance with the performance of Vice Admiral Ronse

Ronse weapon shatter John Giants sword didn't get a scratch. This put John Giant clearly above Ronse and it tool Vista above Ronse. Not to mention it actually took Vista and another one to stop an attack of Ronse.
On top of that there is no other member of the Marine who has more badges then him, which in my opinion speaks for him and hype his power. And he was the one commanding the Enis Lobby Buster Call, which is for me a sign that puts him above the likes of Momonga, Onigumo, Doberman, Strawberry and Yamakaji.
Strong supporter of the Absolute Justice
John Giant was actually introduced back in East Blue Saga holding a speech about Absolute Justice.

So one can say he is not only an ordinary supporter of the Absolute Justice he is an someone who is inspiring others to follow the Absolute Justice. Its actually not the only time we saw John Giant inspiring the troops. It wasn't Sengoku nor one of the 3 Admirals holding a speech right before Marineford War started it was John Giant.

The actor behind John Giant
Not only the 4 known Admirals but also Tokikake and Gion are based on as pecific role of a famous japanese actor. Thats why we have to assume that all Admirals have to be based on a role of a japanese actor. And in the case of John Giant it have to be Chikari Hashimoto in his role as the Daimajin. The Daimajin is not only a swordfighting Giant they also share one obvious detail... a chin that looks like a pair of balls...

Orange Rat
Now coming to the alias. That orange fit is quite obvious John Giant always wears an orange shirt. But some migh ask why Rat? No it is not Rat the smallest and John Giant the tallest. Actually the Rat is the first animal of the Chinese Zodiac and John Giant was the first Giant Marine and will most likely become the first Giant Marine Admiral.

Besides that there is another thing that speaks for John Giant becoming and Admiral after the victory over Hancock. I think almost everyone knows that Hancock represents the Medusa from Greek Mythology. Looking up the myth one will figure out while dying Medusa gave birth to Pegasus and Chrysaor. While Pegasus is the famous one Chrysaor is actually interisting for this theory. Chrysaor is a Giant Warrior (and later King of Iberia) and his name means "Golden Sword", looking at John Giant he is not only a Giant fighting with a Sword he is also the only Marine with a golden coat! This can be seen as huge hint that John Giant will be promoted for the victory over the Pirate Empress!

Conclusion
Like the warlord system Borslino is a holdover of a previous era thus he have to go to make this Marine era Sakazukis era, the era of the Absolutice Justice. Thats why I speculated that it is the right time for Borsalino to retreat after the war against the warlord. A good reason might be Borsalino loosing against his opponent thus I expect him to go after Mihawk. On the other hand we also need someon to fill the empty spot, this should be some who will triumph about his opponent. Based elimination process the Warlord loosing his battle should be the Pirate Empress Boa Hancock. The myth of Medusa is a great hint that the one leading the battle on Amazon Lilly will be John Giant. Thus I expect at the end of this Saga Borsalino aka Yellow Monkey will be replaced by John Giant aka Orange Rat.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lessee :cool:

So basically 3 points quickly/loosely summarized:
1. Kizaru could be defeated
2. Who could defeat Kizaru
3. Who will replace Kizaru

On the first point I have to agree. As you mentioned he is the only one of the admirals that hasn't changed with the timeskip (akainu becoming fleet admiral and aokiji joining Blackbeard). With the whole sword business going on with Coby and Drake we cant be fully sure Aokiji left the Marines but he at least underwent some changes in appearance.

I'm not fully behind the idea that the era of Akainu will be an era of absoluate justice, since Fujitora hasn't displayed that and we haven't gotten enough on green bull to determine what his justice will be, but I can see how Akainu being fleet admiral can change the marines overall.

Overall however I can see the need for Kizaru to be defeated/replaced to progress the story.

The second point I have more problems with. Not that I don't think Mihawk is strong enough to rival an Admiral but more that I don't really see him and Kizaru clashing. If we assume that the Marines truly intend to defeat the Mihawk and Hancock its likely they will need someone at admiral level to do it. As mentioned before, Mihawk is likely strong enough on his own, and Hancock has an entire nation of Haki users behind her (+ lots of poisonous snakes that can travel in water). Hence sending an handful of vice-admirals will likely not be enough.

However there are only 3 admirals that the marines can use (Akainu not included). With the marine HQ being transferred to the New World and the Emperors getting ready for war it seems a risk to me to send only one admiral to take out either Mihawk or Hancock. For example, if they truly wanted to take down Mihawk, wouldn't it be better to send 2 admirals? Instead of 1 and risk loosing that powerful asset if Mihawk happens to be to strong. However we learned that Greenbull and Fujitora were in Mariejois fighting the Revs meaning only Kizaru was free to fight the Warlords which seems risky to me.

Basically the point I'm trying to make is that I doubt the Marines truly want to defeat the Mihawk/Hancock but instead settled for trying to deny them a safe haven to use as base. I believe its likely Mihawk and Hancock are both facing something similar to a buster call. Multiple warships with vice-admirals. If they destroy Mihawk's castle he will have no choice but to set out to see again and if they can force the Kuja pirates away from Amazon Lily that will have a similar affect without needing to burn the island.

If you think about it you can divide the world government into 3 factions. The first faction are the Marines with Akainu as the head. The second faction are the normal royals, the kings and queens that meet at the reverie. The third faction is the Imu faction but consist of the Celestial Dragons and Cipher Pol, led by the Gorosei but likely Imu in the shadows.

The demand to abolish the Warlords seems to have come from the Reverie, from the normal kings and queens, after it was brought up by Fujitora. Meaning it was not something started by either Akainu or Imu.

This could be important since it might indicate that neither the Marines or Cipher Pol will throw their full fighting force for this task. Akainu as fleet admiral has to follow orders. But I doubt he would be very much against the decision since he seems to be against any pirate in general. He however should be more focused on the New World and the Yonkou at the moment.

The Gorosei and Imu also don't really have a choice if they want to keep up appearances and will go along with the decision that was made at the Reverie. However they should also be more focused on other things like the Ancient Weapons and the pictures Imu had of Vivi/Shirahoshi/Luffy/and Blackbeard.

So basically what I'm trying to say is that I agree that Kizaru could be defeated by Mihawk if he was sent on that mission but that I doubt admirals were involved with the Royal Warlord clear-up. Which is a shame since that part links nicely to your third point ;)

As for your third point I think John is a good shout. You provide multiple points on color/animal name and its true that he was featured alot during Marine Ford.

What also came to mind after reading your arguments was when you mentioned him being in Big Mom's flashback when we learned he was the first giant to join the marines. Harjudin, or whatever his name was, was also in that flashback and at the start of Dressrosa his motivation to get Ace's fruit was to become the first giant logia (if I remember correctly). I've been speculating that Greenbull has a zoan fruit since with Fujitora having a paramecia that would mean the admirals would now represent all 3 different kinds of DF fruit types. If Kizaru, the logia, would be defeated and John would replace him, then it would be cool if John got a power boost by getting a Logia DF and taking Kizaru's spot as the logia admiral. That would make Harjudin the foreshadow. (What kind of logia could be a cool theory idea possible but my bet right now would be on Enel's fruit to give the Marines Thor! :LOL:)

This comment has been to long already :sneaky: but let me add one more thingy.

Since I didnt agree with the whole Mihawk/Kizaru thing lemme add my own predictions for Kizaru's possible downfall:
1. Blackbeard
2. Celestial Dragons

1. Blackbeard
I've always been thinking about Blackbeard being the one to end up defeating Kizaru. That stems from his fight with Ace when he mentioned that his darkness even sucks up light, or something similar as even light can't escape. Later on when we were introduced to Kizaru and his ability it seemed logical that he would fall to Blackbeard since that would be his counter, as Luffy was to Enel.

However with the story having progressed as it is I've begone to doubt this. With Aokiji already on BB's team its more likely that if any previous admiral will fight BB it will likely be Aokiji instead of Kizaru. Furthermore given that BB now has DF steal ability for his whole crew it might become a bit unfair on the SH later if they have to face both the user of the darkness logia and a user of the light logia. That's why I've become less sure about Kizaru/BB fight but it could still happen since it would be symbolic to have darkness vs light.

2. Celestial Dragons
If I had to put my money on anything except blackbeard that could be a reason for Kizaru dying/being defeated/being replaced then it would be something involving the Celestial Dragons or Imu.

This comes from old headcannon that the original colors from the admirals had to do with the factions they represented within the Marines. Aokiji was blue because he represented the marines fighting Pirates. He first showed up with the whole Robin becoming a true SH saga and was the first admiral we were introduced to.
Kizaru was yellow because he represented the Celestial Dragons. This comes from him showing up after Luffy punched one.
Akainu was red because he represented the fight against the reveries. This came from him being the last we were introduced to (which isn't true since he was in the Ohara flashback but you get my point) and him being so focused on Luffy being Dragon's son.

Alas this stayed headcannon since Aokiji/Robin was Ohara related, the Celestial Dragons mainly using Cipher Pol, and Akainu hating all pirates not only the Revs.

What hasn't changed however was that Kizaru was the one sent to avenge the Celestial Dragons at Sabaody. If I remember correctly there was a moment at Marine ford where Kizaru faced Luffy and mentioned that the Celestial Dragons had been nagging at him to take Strawhats head. 2 years later Luffy is active in the New World having many newspapers printed about him. Because of this I have a nagging suspicion that if Kizaru is not defeated in combat he could be executed/expelled for failing the Celestial Dragons. It kind of depends on exactly how much power they truly have over not only the Marines/Cipher Pol but also the Gorosei/Imu.

Examples of what it could mean for the story:
1. It would provide a good re-introduction of the power of the Celestial Dragons. They were introduced as some sort of religious royalty, above kings and queens, the face of the World Government Luffy had declared war on in Enies Lobby. And while we saw their tyranical power in Sabaody that was quickly offset by Luffy, Usopp and Rayleigh taking one out each. Furthermore we got an indication afterwards that their power mainly stems from the Marines, mainly admiral Kizaru. We got the idea that the Celestial Dragons are only powerful because they have a powerful force backing them, the admirals.

This idea was reintroduced in a different way during Fishman Island where Queen Otohime went into Mariejois by herself and received the permission thingy (cant remember) to have the fishman relocate to the surface from the Celestial Dragons. That whole story started with 1 Celestial Dragon crashing at Fishman Island to get his slaves back and ends with them giving in to Queen Otohime determination.

Last but not least were the events during the Reverie. We got a quick glimpse again of their supposed tyranicall power with the only character in One Piece dumber then Luffy, trying to kidnap Shirahoshi, but that was offset quickly enough by him getting slapped off by one of his own. Who turned out to be the same person that Otohime travelled with so long ago and has had a complete change of heart/nature.

This was followed by the reveal of Imu, the one controlling them all, which basically ended up with the readers feeling that, ye the Celestial Dragons are bad and tyrants, but they don't actually have any real power themselves. Their muscle stems from the admirals, their political power stems from cipher pol, and they are basically puppets to Imu, they are not a real threat.

However this feeling the reader has towards them can instantly be turned if, to provide an option, they received a newspaper after Wano saying that Kizaru was executed by the Celestial Dragons. It reminds the reader that their power is real and they are a massive threat going forward.

2. It could provide a good introduction of power for CP0 (/ Imu). They are called the shield of the Celestial Dragons but so far we have mainly seen political manouvering like the fake newspaper Doflamingo had them make. Their main threat in power was the reintroduction of Rob Lucci and his addition to their forces.

However an article about Kizaru being executed/assisinated by CP0 on command of the Celestial Dragons would put them power wise above the Marines. It would reverse the power scale the celestial dragons and cipher pol used to have with the marines/admirals. Instead of the admirals being the reason the Celestial Dragons have so much power, it becomes, Cipher Pol allowing the marines to pretend to be what they are.

This flips the idea for the reader that its not Akainu and the admirals that are on top, its Imu and the Celestial Dragons.

Anyway this started as a comment on your theory but quickly became a theory + additional speculation on its own. My apologies :p

Main points were:
- Yes I can see Kizaru being defeated.
- No don't agree with Mihawk, either BB or CD (CD could be Imu or CP0 to)
- Yes go Giant John and give him logia abilities!

Franky out!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
if they truly wanted to take down Mihawk, wouldn't it be better to send 2 admirals?
I doubt they would send 2 Admirals for 1 Warlord even if it is Mihawk, they also have to deal with another 4 Warlords. We also know Borsalino is ballsy enugh to go for Mihawk, he was also the who wanted to hinder BM an Kaidou from meeting each other. Thats why I still see it as potential option.

I like the Blackbeard idea, but WG/Imu going against Borsalino feels off.

What kind of logia could be a cool theory idea possible but my bet right now would be on Enel's fruit to give the Marines Thor! :LOL:
I have another small theory about John Giant, which is about his origins.

We know John Giant is from Elbaf thus one for sure John Giant is not the name that was given to him at birth.

John Giant is for me a way to similar to the american John Doe and thus for me nothing but a placeholder name either.

Why not calling John Giant by his real Name? Thats a question I often asked myself and I only come up with one conclusion John Giant has royal blood and WG feared a war against the strongest Army of the World.

My guess would be John Giant is Lokis big brother with everyone in Elbaf thinking that be died as a kid. Thus my guess for John Giants real name is Byleistr, Hellblindi or maybe even Thor (the latter if Oda makes Odin the father instead of Farbauti) and with that He should also be the true king of Elbaf.

Sth. like this could actually be used for a huge plottwist in the War against the World Goverment (Final Saga) especially if he really becomes an Admiral.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Borsalino taken out by Mihawk in the hunt for the Shichibukai?
Phew this is wild but not impossible. Also because as it seems that we fans slowly lose our ties to Borsalino. I am not hyped for him, he became such a side character, I legit wouldnt care if he gets offpaneled by Mihawk.

I like the direction of this theory. In my Elbaf is fake theory, John Giant makes sense too and have him one of the more major figures when its SHP vs Marine at the beginning of the next saga.

Good job, tho nothing new? I feel like you had the same theory 2 years ago on OJ. :sarcasticshottie:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Good job, tho nothing new? I feel like you had the same theory 2 years ago on OJ. :sarcasticshottie:
John Giant = Orange Rat is actually the only old part of this theory, which I just use to Show JG fits to be an Admiral. :weirdpeep:

Borsalino vs Mihawk
JG vs Boa Hancock with Greek/Roman mythology reference is new.

This was the only thing that came into mind for the topic "reverie" of VCC-Theory Event.

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
John Giant = Orange Rat is actually the only old part of this theory, which I just use to Show JG fits to be an Admiral. :weirdpeep:

Borsalino vs Mihawk
JG vs Boa Hancock with Greek/Roman mythology reference is new.

This was the only thing that came into mind for the topic "reverie" of VCC-Theory Event.
Haha I just teased you. It's a good one, I also couldn't come up with anything. The JG one just plays into my favour ebcause I highly think that the marines will be involved in Elbaf and we will have more lore and more panels with the Giant Squad because they literally server under John Giant, which strenghtens the fact that John Giant might become relevant again.
Using the current Shichibukai manhunt is a great way to connect these things.

You saw the recent episode? While Fujitora was calling on the den den mushi their ship seemed to be stuck in a sea fight.
Its very likely the current admirals are set for action during the final act of Wano.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I agree with John Giant = Admiral, and a pressing need for new admirals when vacancies start popping up, albeit for...different reasons in Kizaru's case.

Also down with John Giant as Admiral Orange Rat. I'd put forth the idea of him being a flying squirrel zoan. Not only for the Ratatoskr Myth tie-in and general Giant/tiny flying mammal awesomeness, but the possibility that Machvise vs. Hajruddin might've heavily foreshadowed this. Easy to envision what JG's fighting style would boil down to against non-giants, for one. Splat.

Top Bottom