[FIN] Town of Salem Round 10 - Tokyo Ghoul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
These are the reasons why I said firepower was missing. I mean Doctor, Jailor, Roleblocker could stop the kill and then there is Witch and Vet who can survive. With no neutral killing there should have been at least a mafiose-GF combo thus a single Roleblocker or jailor can't Stop all kills

And yeah I really think neutral benign alongside neutral evil is too much pro town. Cause neutral benign roles use to team up with Town.
This is for me a weakpoint of this base setup
  • neutral benign + neutral killing + witch
  • neutral evil + neutral killing + witch
  • 2 neutral evil + witch
are fine, but
  • neutral benign + neutral evil + witch
  • 2 neutral benign + witch
are in my opinion to pro town.

I mean you can compare with the offficial ToS ranked setup (which we also for Coven Games)
There you have GF - Mafioso as fix + 2 random Mafia and as thirds Neutral Killing an Neutral evil.

So 4 mafia with kill unable to be stopped by a single Roleblocker(or jailor) and No neutral benign and this is seen as the most balanced setup (thats why it is the official ranked setup)
Eh, that maybe. But when I created the setup my main standpoint for the setup was from the traditional mafia, while creating the set up my main thought as to how should I help mafia with fake claims and provide town a fair game at the same time. Serial Killer or any other third killing role was putting things out of balance for me.

I mean potentially this can happen when we both SK and Mafia in 15 players game

9 vs. 3 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1
N1 - 2 deaths (One from SK and another from Mafia)
D1 - 1 (mislynch)
10v5v2

6 vs. 3 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1
N1 - 2 (SK and Mafia)
D1 - 1 (Mislynch)

3 vs. 3 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1

Town lost the majority by D2 in this scenario while by D3 they've lost very little chance they had.

Potentially in this setup town was not even allowed to make one mistake with night actions and lynch since they'll be wiped out of the game. As well we can rule the theory that Jailor or Vig may even kill town and bang. So that being the main reason I don't prefer 3rd killing role in 15 players game... Also I think town had used their abilities wisely probably which becomes the main reason for lack of kills, I mean blockers can hinder town as well so it's not all that against mafia

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
But when I created the setup my main standpoint for the setup was from the traditional mafia
There is a huge different between Trad and ToS.
ToS is a role madness Trad with open setup therefore Mafia has to be slightly stronger then in an ordinary Rolemadness Trad.

In my opinion this was almost impossible to win for Mafia.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thanks for the game. It was fun, sorry i wasn't so active but maybe that wasn't that bad.

A Tos pro, enlighten me, what should i do with these for a better use?
Messages i received in spoiler:
sry Mich, you got trolled by a Jester...
usually dead people try to bring some other info into the game, often people claim night actions and explain their suspects :/

anyway gg town

get rekt townmvp @Nessos :dogkek:

thanks for the game Oreki

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
ToS is a role madness Trad with open setup therefore Mafia has to be slightly stronger then in an ordinary Rolemadness Trad.
Well I was aware of that as well and was main reason mafia had consig and Janitor while if I had put mafioso I had to give up on one role which gives them little benefit
[automerge]1593251037[/automerge]
Mafia was mostly at disadvantage because town had chooses their actions correctly one way or the other

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

In my opinion this was almost impossible to win for Mafia.
mafia doesn't have to be stronger just cuz this is a open rolemadness
usually scum is stronger cuz of claims, you miss a big point here

Oreo made a nice point saying he tried to create a setup that allows mafia to fake claim properly
that is technically correct

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well I was aware of that as well and was main reason mafia had consig and Janitor while if I had put mafioso I had to give up on one role which gives them little benefit
GF - Mafioso - Janitor would have been better then GF - Consig - Janitor.
Cause the Chance would have been Higher that the kill went through.
You would only have problems with Doc, Witch and Vet and not also Jailor and RB.

I mean Jailor and RB also work as cop this way cause no kill happens through block.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The only rsn scum fckd the game is bcz i m town lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I mean this setup is considered balanced by the General ToS Community
ToS-ranked said:
  • Jailor
  • 2 Invest
  • 1 protect
  • 1 Town Killing
  • 1 Town Support
  • 3 Random Town
  • Godfather
  • Mafioso
  • 2 random Mafia
  • Neutral Killing
  • Neutral Evil
And this one
TB - ToS Mini said:
  • Jailor
  • 1 Invest
  • Doctor
  • 6 random Town
  • 3 Mafia
  • Witch
  • 1 random neutral
  • 1 neutral evil or neutral benign
can be balanced but becomes super fast unbalance if last 2 spots are one of these
  • Neutral benign + Neutral evil
  • 2 neutral benign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom