Manga The Promised Neverland

Shion

Lost Soul
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Shion I don't think it's those if i'm understanding the promises correctly. It usually want something very dear to the person making the wish. Emma would self-sacrifice herself in an instant for her family. Don't think her life nor freedom are whats the most important to her if it meant the new promise is forged and her family is alive.
I agree with you, I also think she wouldn't think twice before sacrificing herself. But, I mean as she has to be left alone in the world while the others go to the human world.
I'm thinking it's either that or the promise wishes for her, Norman and Ray. Because she loves them a lot.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I love this manga so much!!!
I love the fglashbavk xhapters we recvently got. I had an idea of how the promise was made but expected it to be the way ratari had planned. That twist tho....now we have to somehow stop a war!?

Chapter 144 is out.

So what do you think Emma lost?
it should be something major. I am very xirious to see what it is as well.

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am currently at chapter 14 (I am so slow I know). But I love it more and more from chapter to chapter, I hope to catch up before the show ends, I heard the bad news about it being in the last arc. I hope they take their time because I love that story it has so much potential.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am currently at chapter 14 (I am so slow I know). But I love it more and more from chapter to chapter, I hope to catch up before the show ends, I heard the bad news about it being in the last arc. I hope they take their time because I love that story it has so much potential.
Oh you are in for a treat! I'll be sure to use spoiler tags in the thread moving forward i would hate to spoil you or anyone else.

• Love

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oh you are in for a treat! I'll be sure to use spoiler tags in the thread moving forward i would hate to spoil you or anyone else.
that's kind but don't worry! I don't read the posts if I see some spoilish stuff within the first 3 words :lazyshy:
I can keep you update while I progress, hope to read another 10-20 chapter upon next week!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Feels like the ending is near.
I don't know whether I should be happy or sad. It has an ideal length of a manga (kinda like Monster and FMA) but I don't want this quality reading to end soon :(

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The beginning of the chapter all the way through the end of Goldy Pond hunting game was interesting. Archduke Lewis was really scary and I stopped reading the manga around 5 chapters after his death. New human villains were introduced after Archduke Lewis death and the new villains were boring. I wonder if the manga picks up again with other interesting demon villains.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The beginning of the chapter all the way through the end of Goldy Pond hunting game was interesting. Archduke Lewis was really scary and I stopped reading the manga around 5 chapters after his death. New human villains were introduced after Archduke Lewis death and the new villains were boring. I wonder if the manga picks up again with other interesting demon villains.
You meant Andrew? Idk, I personally find him scarier than Lewis. But if you like demon villains, yes they are currently have other interesting demon villains.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yo guys I thought about giving you some insights on my TPN journey (don't worry I am not reading your posts here):
I am at the escape arc (?) chapter 43 and god damn this manga is so exciting!
I now have to fear for Ray alot, after Norman got taken out from the series. I still love how Norman impacts the narrative and the way the kids move forward!

One of my basic assumptions are that this is not the earth but the home world of the alien-demons. I just hope this is a Red-Herring and that there is more lore to it.

Man, Emma indeed is the best shounen protagonist ever created, I love her altruism as I identify myself within her.

At the end of chapter 43 a mysterious girl appeared to save Emma and the kids, I am damn excited what's up with that, the cliffhangers currently are really hot!

If you ask why I am not binging: I wanna enjoy and absorb more information while reading on a slower pace and rereading several chapters.
Please no spoilers! I am avoiding them myself!

I will give the next update in around 10-15 chapters again, see ya until then!

/Rej out :weirdpeep:

PS: Also give love to Dom and Gilda!:cathug:
[automerge]1569841213[/automerge]
With each chapter I like Ray more. Chapter 61 = Ray turned into a fricking badass! Aaaasrgh I neef to read more!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm kind of having mixed feelings on how the story is going right now, I feel like things are being rushed a bit and I didn't like how the higher up demons got taken out too easily despite them seemingly being hyped up. The Queen at least put up some good fight in the beginning but it didn't last long and was quickly killed at the end, and Yverk who we saw since the beginning of the series was killed off screen. None of them ended up being interesting villains like Leuvis was which is kind of disappointing since I was hoping to see another interesting demon villain again, I won't deny that I'm a little bit disappointed that Norman's plan actually worked out perfectly since I was hoping there would be that slight chance that something would mess up his plan.

Also fuck some of The Promised Neverland fans especially some of them on reddit, I don't get how anyone could be ok with genocide and would want all the demons including the good ones all dead. If all the demons were bad that would be a different story but that's not the case and not all the demons are bad, some of them are just trying to live a normal life and it's not their fault that they have to eat humans. Those that are ok with the whole genocide including wanting the good demons dead seriously have issues in real life, and also fuck those that try to downplay Emma it's annoying seeing some of those people downplay her character and make fun of her plan.

Lastly I do hope Ray gets some focus again soon, I'm not really happy that he's being sidelined so far.

Last edited:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:pepehands: when Bayon got Gillian in chapter 82 I was almost about to drop the manga but then Gillian and Nigel got saved. I called it while reading the chapter
:yay:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Finally Isabella is back and she got promoted to Grandma, I can't wait to see how the rest of this final arc will play out.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So it's the end :chuu:
Kinda wowed at at the ending. Feeling sad but happy at the same time

Top Bottom